Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #801
Fouts
College Starter

Heading out to dinner. I hope we got it right. If not, maybe the night action will bring something.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #802
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Yes, a late vote to seal his fate.

I said it wasn't under the radar, I never said it wasn't wrong.

For the record, if Blade turns out to be good, I won't claim vindication for not voting for him. If he turns out to be bad I won't make any claims that my vote didn't matter since he would have died either way (tie-breaker or straight out).

I chose not to jump on either bandwagon since I wasn't convinced either was right. I'm suspicious of Grey (as I was yesterday before changing my vote) so that is where my vote stands. I realize that I stand out by not jumping on the bandwagon, and I'll accept that.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #803
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i hope yall didnt kill our good bodyguard
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #804
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Incorrect. The only way we win is if we kill the Chaos scum. the mutants just makes the victory better.

ITS NOT WORTH WINNING IF YOU CANT WIN BIG!!!!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #805
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
ITS NOT WORTH WINNING IF YOU CANT WIN BIG!!!!

Exactly. I don't want some minor victory.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #806
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

As he day progresess a flurry of information and counter-information pours from the mouths of Blade, Saldana and several others. Again, camps form along the lines of whose testimony, with various corroborators, is valued more likely. Eventually, after hours of intense wrangling and fevered argument, it comes to a dead heat. Fouts bangs his gravel firmly on the table and grimly announces his decision to overrule the council's deadlock and execute Blade. There are mutters of dissaproval from some quarters, but alas they cannot at this point influence a final decision from the Master the of Administratum.

Blade is read the statement, accusing him of conspiring against the Emperor and acting in league with the Chaos forces. Blade barks angrily at everyone, struggling to get free from the grip placed on him by the execution team as they lead him to the chopping block. "How dare you! How DARE you! I have served the Emperor to a degree greater than any man in this room, than any man alive in this galaxy! I spit on this judgement, as the Emperor spits now upon this sham of a council." He nearly breaks free, but manages only one menacing stride towards the council members before quickly subdued by a stun dart from one of the execution team. His now limp head is balanced on the execution plank. The grisly executioner himself seems delighted to have been requested for the second time in as many days. He slices swiftly through Blade's neck with his power axe, again the veins seared shut as the whole motion is comfortably swift.

Hair and specs of blood are gathered for the various tests to be performed by the Inquisitors and after a short wait both respond to the negative. Once again the council has erred in judgement and executed a loyal servant to the Imperium. may the Emperor have mercy upon you.

Night 2 has begun. PMs due by 9AM EST
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #807
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

This makes things very interesting.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #808
st.cronin
General Manager

LOCK ME UP!!! PLEASE!!!

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #809
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damnit.

\
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #810
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I still stand by my statement, I was told Saldana was a firm follower of the emperor. I still think lynching him tommorrow is wrong.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #811
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Blade's story had more corroboration. I hope that is clear now. I voted Saldana on a hunch, rather than Blade, but now I see that hunch had more to it than I thought.

Will we repeat the errors of last game, and lose because we can't help killing ourselves?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #812
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

As the previous night, path12 heads to st.cronin and informs him he will be spending another night in the security cell. Just as it seems he has turned and heading to the exit, he swirls and walks toward Fouts, tapping on him the shoulder. Fouts looks slightly grim, but follows dillegently. It appears there will be two in the cell this evening.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #813
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

May you serve the Emperor in death Blade

I guess he could command space marines.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #814
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I still stand by my statement, I was told Saldana was a firm follower of the emperor. I still think lynching him tommorrow is wrong.

My vote will not be for saldana. It will be for either greyroofoo or GoldenEagle, most likely.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #815
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Oh come on, are you kidding me?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #816
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Oh come on, are you kidding me?

No I'm not joking. I am serious. Ive said all day that I didnt know what Blade's story was, but him pushing people to vote for the only known person on our side (saldana) was a horrible move.

Blade lynched himself here, and I still say Saldana is 100% on the emperor's side
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #817
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, today's outcome reflects on you as much as saldana. Besides saldana, I didn't see any corroboration of his story except for you. And no corroboration for your story at all--just your certainty saldana was good. For all I know, you have been lying all along about this PM, and trying to ride how you have been good the past few games.

I'm not so sure that you aren't a better candidate for a lynching than saldana.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #818
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

How do you know Saldana is 100% on the Emperor's side?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #819
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Actually, today's outcome reflects on you as much as saldana. Besides saldana, I didn't see any corroboration of his story except for you. And no corroboration for your story at all--just your certainty saldana was good. For all I know, you have been lying all along about this PM, and trying to ride how you have been good the past few games.

I'm not so sure that you aren't a better candidate for a lynching than saldana.

Im not sure lynching me would be as bad of a mistake as saldana, but you would be killing someone good. If you had to choose between saldana and me, its probably best to lynch me as my worth isnt as high as his. However it still would be a mistake.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #820
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
How do you know Saldana is 100% on the Emperor's side?

I said earlier today that as the enforcer of faith in our emperor Saldana's strong belief caused him to seek me out as part of my role. The fact he was first leads me to believe he is the strongest faith amongst us. Thats why lynching him would be horrible.

I don't provide as much to the good guys as he does, but I am still 100% good as well.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #821
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im not sure lynching me would be as bad of a mistake as saldana, but you would be killing someone good. If you had to choose between saldana and me, its probably best to lynch me as my worth isnt as high as his. However it still would be a mistake.

That may be so. We have been known to get two sides, both good, confused, and ended up killing both. But there is contradictory information here, so someone was lying today. And the guy who died was good. Stands to reason those so stridently against him will be very suspicious.

I should note I have not abandoned my suspicion of GE, either, and have already stated my feelings on Greyroofoo.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #822
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That may be so. We have been known to get two sides, both good, confused, and ended up killing both. But there is contradictory information here, so someone was lying today. And the guy who died was good. Stands to reason those so stridently against him will be very suspicious.

I should note I have not abandoned my suspicion of GE, either, and have already stated my feelings on Greyroofoo.

I know nothing of GE, Greyroofoo, or twothree. So I won't advise people to vote for or against them. I will say voting for a known 100% good guy in saldana is a bad choice.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #823
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

How can your worth not be as high as his if you can identify people that are on the emperor's side?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #824
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know nothing of GE, Greyroofoo, or twothree. So I won't advise people to vote for or against them. I will say voting for a known 100% good guy in saldana is a bad choice.

The problem is, it is only known by you. No one has corroborated your story or come out and said you are for certain good. How can I assume what you is true, when I have doubts about you?

Old 08-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #825
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
How can your worth not be as high as his if you can identify people that are on the emperor's side?

He says he is a witness, that to me is a pretty valuable role compared to mine which is passive and at the mercy of tanglewood's PMs
Old 08-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #826
st.cronin
General Manager

Witness is normally a one-time thing.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #827
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The problem is, it is only known by you. No one has corroborated your story or come out and said you are for certain good. How can I assume what you is true, when I have doubts about you?

All I can say is if you continue down this path, we'll lose 2 more days of good guy lynchings that we don't learn anything from as the wolves let us do the work for them.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #828
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Witness is normally a one-time thing.

In my experience, the witness can pick one person to trail each night and learn from their actions.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #829
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
In my experience, the witness can pick one person to trail each night and learn from their actions.

Thats my experience too. I have no idea if thats not the case here, but I assume it is.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #830
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

That's NOT the way saldana described his role. He was very specific about that point.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #831
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All I can say is if you continue down this path, we'll lose 2 more days of good guy lynchings that we don't learn anything from as the wolves let us do the work for them.

Well, let's follow the path then, going with the assumption you are good, and the PM you received is true.

That means that saldana is good, and is a witness. And he witnessed Blade meeting with someone.

Blade stated that he did not meet anyone, only going on comlink. And he was good. If he was good, why would he lie about meeting someone? Is he protecting someone's identity from wolves? Or if he was telling the truth (likely, since he was good), why the discrepancy between his and saldana's accounts?

Old 08-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #832
st.cronin
General Manager

Now that I think about it, I think we need to kill saldana tomorrow.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #833
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, let's follow the path then, going with the assumption you are good, and the PM you received is true.

That means that saldana is good, and is a witness. And he witnessed Blade meeting with someone.

Blade stated that he did not meet anyone, only going on comlink. And he was good. If he was good, why would he lie about meeting someone? Is he protecting someone's identity from wolves? Or if he was telling the truth (likely, since he was good), why the discrepancy between his and saldana's accounts?

Thats one of the things I would like to ask Blade when this game is over. I dont understand why his story was all weird if he truly was good.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #834
Swaggs
Coordinator

I get a bad vibe from all of this.

I don't think Alan would stand up for sal, the way he has, if they were chaos or mutant.

Blade always plays a chaotic game, so his actions don't really surprise me too much. His hand is usually the entire deck and he throws it all out at once and sees what sticks. It didn't work tonight, obviously.

GE seems to be taking a page from Blade's book and throwing a lot out. I can't tell if his accusations/assertions are fact or speculation, but the substance doesn't seem to be there to back him up right now. But again, I don't know why he would make himself so visible if he was on the chaos/mutant side.

Just a strange game so far. It seems like there has been a lot of baseless confrontation here. Alan has at least presented some testimony (whether you believe it or not is up to you--I personally do). GE seems to have some concerns, but hasn't really revealed its sources (not that I am asking him to). It seems to me that there is a decent chance we are barking up two wrong trees here.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #835
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I do not see how we can just turn an blind eye toward Alan T and saldana. They said Blade was bad. It tunrs out he was good. Blade claimed to be the body guard. It would make sense for the chaos to take out the body guard and if they could get our own kind to take him out then that would just be a plus.

If a major role player is killed tonight, then it has to frame Alan T and saldana.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #836
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He says he is a witness, that to me is a pretty valuable role compared to mine which is passive and at the mercy of tanglewood's PMs

Not so valuable this time around... We'll see what happens from here.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #837
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I do not see how we can just turn an blind eye toward Alan T and saldana. They said Blade was bad. It tunrs out he was good. Blade claimed to be the body guard. It would make sense for the chaos to take out the body guard and if they could get our own kind to take him out then that would just be a plus.

If a major role player is killed tonight, then it has to frame Alan T and saldana.

It isn't so much a blind eye, but why would Alan out himself when saldana comes under fire? Assuming the Chaos/mutants each have 2-3 members, why expose both? It is either a very risky play by Alan or he was trying to help us avoid making a mistake.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #838
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It isn't so much a blind eye, but why would Alan out himself when saldana comes under fire? Assuming the Chaos/mutants each have 2-3 members, why expose both? It is either a very risky play by Alan or he was trying to help us avoid making a mistake.

Do you have a timeline for that? I had to glaze over things, but my impression was that Alan came out in support of saldana unbidden, before saldana had received any heat.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #839
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you have a timeline for that? I had to glaze over things, but my impression was that Alan came out in support of saldana unbidden, before saldana had received any heat.

No, I didnt say anything until Blade came out and called Saldana a wolf which I know him not to be
Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #840
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I seem to remember Sal voted for Blade, Blade voted for Sal, and Alan came out in support of Sal. Feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:58 PM   #841
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Not really. I just speed read through about 7 pages so I could vote on time.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #842
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I seem to remember Sal voted for Blade, Blade voted for Sal, and Alan came out in support of Sal. Feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.

You were close to right. I would have been fine with Blade voting him back because he was wrong. But blade came out denying everything and calling him a wolf. I didnt and honestly still don't understand how blade could be good with what I know.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #843
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

post 472 and 474 were their votes. 476 is my response. I was intrigued and wanted to see what was developing. Blade's post 475 is what got me going when he called Saldana a wolf, thats when I came out and told my story.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #844
st.cronin
General Manager

Eerily similiar to last game, in some ways.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #845
Blade6119
Coordinator

You have to be kidding me...its like last game all over...

Good luck villagers...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #846
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
I will say this my role allows me to know that Blade is NOT chaos or a mutant and should be fully trusted.

Well, at least I was proven right. I read the result, and now I am going to go back and read what happened today. Sorry about the outcome Blade. I will probably be laying in a pool of my own blood tommorow morning. (sigh)
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #847
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

All I know is if Sal is executed tomorrow and turns out to be Chaotic then that makes the next day really easy and Alan will be next.

I think Sal might be a mutant. It is possible to be 100% for the emperor and be a mutant from what I gather. (Note, he said 100% for the emperor.. not 100% Imperial, difference IMO). Being a mutant doesn't mean you wish the emperor to be overthrown, you must want change pushed through..

I think today was just everyone pissing in each others coffee and I think each side felt they were right... Now, just have to determine if we should go a different direction or if Sal should be placed on the block. (Which, I think is going to be a foregone conclusion actually)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #848
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I still think we should be at some of the more non-confrontational people.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #849
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

dola
*should be looking at the non-confrontational people
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #850
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
All I know is if Sal is executed tomorrow and turns out to be Chaotic then that makes the next day really easy and Alan will be next.

I think Sal might be a mutant. It is possible to be 100% for the emperor and be a mutant from what I gather. (Note, he said 100% for the emperor.. not 100% Imperial, difference IMO). Being a mutant doesn't mean you wish the emperor to be overthrown, you must want change pushed through..

I think today was just everyone pissing in each others coffee and I think each side felt they were right... Now, just have to determine if we should go a different direction or if Sal should be placed on the block. (Which, I think is going to be a foregone conclusion actually)

I was told that I am sure 100% that he is devoted to the emperor. I dont know enough about the story to know if someone can be mutant and devoted to the emperor. All I know is Blade was and still is wrong about Saldana being chaos or a wolf.