Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2022, 07:29 PM   #401
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's definitely a big upgrade and I suppose can be overwhelming if you're going from vanilla straight to the latest WTP version. I started with the RAR (Religion and Revolution) mod several years back and have slowly progressed up to where WTP is.

I love the additions - the different raw materials and products they've added are really cool. You should see what they are working on, although I don't know how much of it is going to make it into a public release. It's an entirely different game in terms of features and complexity.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 04:26 PM   #402
Edward64
Head Coach

I guess it was inevitable. Looking forward to Civ 7.

I really don’t like how persuasive/persistent religion plays in the game. At the very least, give us the ability to turn it off completely.

I enjoy the early and mid games more than the last third which always seems rushed to me.once I get my fancy modern weapons, doesn’t seem I have that much time to play using them. So stretch out the last part.

Quote:
Take-Two Interactive has announced a major shakeup at Firaxis Games, including a new studio head and the exits of two notable leaders. On top of that, the publisher revealed that the developer is now working on the next entry in the Civilization franchise.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:40 AM   #403
Edward64
Head Coach

Been playing a game of Civ 6 for the past couple days. I've got a decent chunk of land, and although I'm playing with resources = plentiful, I am short on Oil (and Uranium). What I had wasn't enough to maintain & grow my army.

I have now gotten up to 10 Envoys for Hong Kong (same continent) so I own them, and planning to do the same for Zimbabwe (different) who have 3 & 3 oil resources each.

(Uranium is a different story, no accessible City States that I can become Suzerain of).

It came to mind how I was essentially following today's US & China diplomacy ... have to get that oil and protect my interests.
Old 06-11-2023, 04:35 PM   #404
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I guess I'm the only one who clearly prefers Colonization.

The modders have really outdone themselves with the latest iteration of We The People. At this point, calling the original Civ IV: Colonization "vanilla" compared to where the mod is now is an insult to vanilla. They've expanded the game so amazingly, I wish I could pay someone for it, because they deserve it. They are on version 4.0.3 and are about to drop 4.1 as the final version of this iteration, then we'll see where (or if) it goes any further.

It has become so involved, someone had to put together charts to trace what materials/resources are used by what professions in what buildings to create what goods. Just look at this:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:08 PM   #405
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Haven't played Colonization in years. That mod does sound interesting

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:14 PM   #406
Edward64
Head Coach

Won Civ 6 with Culture sometime around 1840'ish. One of the earliest (if not the earliest) I have won in Civ 6.

I had just started building Spaceports (and nukes) and finished capturing 2 capitals on my continent, and working on the 3rd capital when the message popped up.

I dismissed it and continued with my 3 Giant Robots and army of modern day tanks, helicopters etc. Finished capturing it and now in process of consolidating & reorganizing all my new territory.

The question now is do I just continue or start a new game ... Cleopatra has just started building Spaceports on a different continent.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-01-2023 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:02 PM   #407
Thomkal
Head Coach

Egyptians in Space? Think you have to see that.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:40 AM   #408
AlexB
Pro Starter

Civ IV remains my favourite (very limited experience of VI TBF) so I’ll look this up
AlexB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 04:56 AM   #409
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Civ IV remains my favourite (very limited experience of VI TBF) so I’ll look this up

If I recall, Civ IV was the stacks-of-doom? I really did not like that mechanic and didn't play that version much.

There was an old version that had some sort of Fantasy DLC. They've done well with their Civ 6 DLCs but wish they did another fantasy setting.

It's scary to think I've played all iterations of Civ since the very beginning.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:50 PM   #410
Edward64
Head Coach

This is really cool.

Regardless of circumstance, not being able to play computer games would really suck. It would be good for a Skyrim to have "coach mode" auto-resolve battles.

First Human to Receive Neuralink Implant Says It Lets Him Play Civilization VI | PCMag
Quote:
First Human to Receive Neuralink Implant Says It Lets Him Play Civilization VI

29-year-old Nolan Arbaugh, a quadriplegic, says the brain implant has allowed him to play chess and Civilization on his PC using his mind. 'I’m so freaking lucky to be a part of this,' he says.
Quote:
The implant works by reading the brain signals from the user and translating them into Bluetooth-based remote commands to control an electronic device, like a mouse cursor. For Arbaugh, this initially involved trying to move his hands, even though he’s lost the ability to use them.

“From there, it just became intuitive for me to start imagining the cursor moving. Basically, it was like using the Force on a cursor and I could get it to move wherever I wanted,” he explained, referencing Star Wars.

“It’s crazy. It really is. It’s so cool. I’m so freaking lucky to be a part of this,” he added during the nine-minute live stream. “Everyday, it seems like we’re learning new stuff.”

Thanks to the implant, he’s also been able to play the PC game Civilization VI, outside of the Neuralink research sessions. This recently resulted in eight-hour gaming session until his implant needed to be recharged wirelessly.