Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #51
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I know people who almost seem to brag about getting an unemployment check, people used to be embarrassed to do that. Too many people just don't give a shit anymore, feel they are entitled. The situation is so f'd up I don't even like to think about it much. The government has crippled the economy and this president only wants to make government bigger.

I just don't understand people being so political correct. If someone killed 30 people in a neighboring town would you dislike them less if they only killed your family. This is happening to our nation so I can see why people would dislike him even more than hitler.

I thought this was a discussion, why is everyone saying the same thing.

Are you fucking serious? the President is comparable, neigh worse than Hitler? You need help.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 10-05-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #52
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Unemployment is an insurance you pay through your own wages (6.2% of your first $7000 paid in wages). This is like saying that filing an auto or health insurance claim is an entitlement. People who collect unemployment paid their premium. I don't know why anyone would be ashamed of that.

It's not being politically correct, it's business. Michael Jordan had a quote that fits in perfect to the situation when asked why he didn't get political. "Republicans buy sneakers too".

ESPN is simply saying "Democrats watch Monday Night Football too".

Maybe I run into the wrong people all the time but they seem happy on unemployment and will look for a job when it runs out. There is no way they paid in as much as they have gotten back, and celebrate when unemployment gets extended.You are absolutely right, they don't seem ashamed. I'm not some heartless guy, just the system is totally messed up. Some people do really deserve it but far away from all shouldn't feel ashamed.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #53
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
now i dont understand how
1) people are insulting hank williams jr for saying something inflammatory and
2) i am agreeing with hank williams jr and
3) people are insulting me

please help me i failed propositional logic in school

Ha, I bowl monday's with my dad.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #54
JPhillips
General Manager

The average unemployment benefit is $295 a week and they are treated as income for tax purposes. That's well under 40 hours of minimum wage. Anyone who is thrilled to stay on unemployment rather than work is a fool.

The problem now may be that unemployment is a good option because there are few jobs. I'd rather work, but if I can't find a job I'd rather get unemployment than starve.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #55
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Absolutely ridiculous to compare ANYONE to Hitler.

What about this guy?

Alois Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #56
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Are you fucking serious?

You mean he isn't a gimmick account?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #57
JPhillips
General Manager

What about cats?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #58
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Are you fucking serious? the President is comparable, neigh worse than Hitler? You need help.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Really? The guy tortured millions. The guy was the worse person to live I know. I just don't deal with hitler daily, and things the president is doing is making things I do deal with worse in the future I feel when things are already getting bad. Am I saying he's the worst president ever, no. We won't know that for years.

I just got captivated by this, that being no one knows people that abuse the system and fine with even bigger government. It should be cracked down on and not expanded til functioning properly. Let's make another department agency so we can "help" the people more. I understand why espn pulled him, just thought there might be some people on this site who would point out that the system needs to be fixed and not expanded. I had hopes of seeing that and some discussion on that matter, me I don't really want to talk about it just wanted to see it discussed. It's pretty obvious even to me that even a toddler should know that hitler was worse than the president. I guess I didn't want to bring up the system being bad because I don't want people I know hurt, but it bothers me. It's pretty fucking obvious to me things are screwed up so me saying something bad about the president to me should be reflected on that and not I agree with hank. He's a singer.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #59
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

If you want to argue politics, there are plenty of useless threads here where that is done on a daily basis.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #60
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Really? The guy tortured millions. The guy was the worse person to live I know. I just don't deal with hitler daily, and things the president is doing is making things I do deal with worse in the future I feel when things are already getting bad. Am I saying he's the worst president ever, no. We won't know that for years.

There's something delightfully Tyler Sloan-esque about this.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #61
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Dola

Faith Hill needs to say something dumb now, as well.

This. That Sunday Night Football ripoff copycat bullshit pisses me off - And why is it always a country singer that they use for these theme songs? Why not just do it week by week now and let a different artist/band/interesting person put their spin on it each week?

Or, just as acceptable, why do it at all?

Or, third option, let Weird Al write a polka version.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #62
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Dola - Actually, what I would really prefer is if someone that sounds like John Facenda would read a matchup relevant monologue accompanied by some Sam Spence music prior to the game.

FUCK EA
Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #63
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
This. That Sunday Night Football ripoff copycat bullshit pisses me off

I have no doubt Joan Jett and Desmond Child are getting paid for this, and are probably more than happy about it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #64
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So you're doubling down on the dumber?

*Whoosh*

That's the sound of my opinion of you going down the toilet. Adios.

Wow, didn't see this earlier. I had no clue you could think lower of me than you already do. Looks like I need to be a little more open minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
If you want to argue politics, there are plenty of useless threads here where that is done on a daily basis.

I'm good just wanted to vent. He said what he did because the president wants to expand government. The government is in debt and is asking for more control when they can't run things as is? How about giving money to an investor for years and years and years and then hear they want to expand and need even a bigger percentage of money. I don't open political threads usually, I don't want to argue if the nation is in debt or not.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #65
BlackJack
n00b

Quote:
I know people who almost seem to brag about getting an unemployment check, people used to be embarrassed to do that. Too many people just don't give a shit anymore, feel they are entitled. The situation is so f'd up I don't even like to think about it much. The government has crippled the economy and this president only wants to make government bigger.

I just don't understand people being so political correct. If someone killed 30 people in a neighboring town would you dislike them less if they only killed your family. This is happening to our nation so I can see why people would dislike him even more than hitler.

I thought this was a discussion, why is everyone saying the same thing.

I hope for your sake that you're 14 and there's time to shake off the stupid, otherwise life is going to be a long painful ride for you and your ignorant ass.
BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #66
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

That's fine, all I'm saying is that if you want to have those sorts of conversations they happen all the time here.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #67
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What about cats?

So Hank Williams Jr has a cat that looks like Hitler?!?!? At least he didn't call the president, Col. Klink.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #68
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I hope for your sake that you're 14 and there's time to shake off the stupid, otherwise life is going to be a long painful ride for you and your ignorant ass.

I admit I don't like you. Last time I went to Vegas I won 500 on the horses and then lost 120 in a blink of an eye at a card game.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #69
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
This. That Sunday Night Football ripoff copycat bullshit pisses me off - And why is it always a country singer that they use for these theme songs? Why not just do it week by week now and let a different artist/band/interesting person put their spin on it each week?

Or, just as acceptable, why do it at all?

Or, third option, let Weird Al write a polka version.
Hell of a lot better than Pink. I am in favor of Weird Al though.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #70
JediKooter
Coordinator

I would love to see/hear a Weird Al MNF theme song.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #71
RainMaker
General Manager

Faith Hill got rid of the short skirt in the intros which is disappointing since her song sucks.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #72
BlackJack
n00b

Quote:
I admit I don't like you. Last time I went to Vegas I won 500 on the horses and then lost 120 in a blink of an eye at a card game.

cool. How much for the hookers?
BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #73
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
i've never been on unemployment buf I believe every state requires you to look for a job while you're on it. It's not welfare, as Rainmaker said you pay into it. Extended benefits aren't for people to live off "your tax dollars" bug rather to ensure they can keep the lights on/feed their families/themselves while they look for work.

This isn't a bygone era where that's necessarily an easy task, either.

This varies state by state, but in NC you can submit an application through monster for any job whether you qualify or not and it counts towards your monthly 10. BTW the one person I personally know draws 495 per week and it is not taxed......
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #74
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Unemployment taxation might vary by state, but they are gonna get sent a 1099-G for federal tax purposes.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #75
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
We need a Grammar N....evermind

This post did not get nearly enough love!

So, I present to you 10 dancing bananas:

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-05-2011 at 08:52 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #76
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have no doubt Joan Jett and Desmond Child are getting paid for this, and are probably more than happy about it.

If it benefits Joan Jett, I suddenly find myself more supportive of it.

FUCK EA
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #77
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

If sacrificing Hank Williams means I will never hear the Dixie Chicks or Kayne West on ESPN it may be worth it.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #78
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
This varies state by state, but in NC you can submit an application through monster for any job whether you qualify or not and it counts towards your monthly 10. BTW the one person I personally know draws 495 per week and it is not taxed......

No it is not taxed at the time, however you MUST account for it as income when you file your income tax return, therefore you will pay tax on it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #79
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What about cats?

This. OMG this.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #80
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

TCY... I'm confused. Do you think President Obama is worse than Hitler or not? You hav e said both in this thread. If you want to submit a new theme for MNF, I suggest you clarify your opinion...

As for whether the government is screwed up... Duh. Fucking duh. If you think Republicans really want to fix it you are seriously not paying attention. It is a shell game. R's want to make government smaller, but only where it doesn't effect their districts and/or campaign contributors. Sure, we could use a welfare reform (why did you pick on unemployment over welfare?) but nobody in either party has proposed making it a program that is designed to get people off it... with incentives to do so, like unemployment.

If I were to name all of the things that the government has its hands in that you take for granted, we'd be here a while... Wanna cut meat inspectors? Feel like filling potholes yourself? Want to drive across a bridge that the government doesn't give a damn about inspecting or drink water from a river that companies can dispose of whatever they wish in?

Government has its place.

But this thread was actually about a country music singer that more than half of the people out there couldn't name a single thing he sang other than the MNF theme saying something really stupid & losing that gig. I bet his dad (who he was lucky to be named after) would have been proud of him for making the simplistic Hitler comparison.

As for me, there's a tear in my beer...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:23 AM   #81
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I hope Hank is replaced by Lady Gaga
Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 AM   #82
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
This post did not get nearly enough love!

So, I present to you 10 dancing bananas:

SI

and I add one funky chicken for an awesome joke.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #83
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
No it is not taxed at the time, however you MUST account for it as income when you file your income tax return, therefore you will pay tax on it.

True, but of course when you figure, what 42%, have zero tax liability you can pretty much guess that those on unemployment won't have a tax burden....unless you believe that A) 42+% of the US is on unemployment or B) there are people working full time jobs making less than others on unemployment.

So either you agree unemployment income is untaxed OR you agree the system is royally fawked. (or C both)
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #84
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
True, but of course when you figure, what 42%, have zero tax liability you can pretty much guess that those on unemployment won't have a tax burden....unless you believe that A) 42+% of the US is on unemployment or B) there are people working full time jobs making less than others on unemployment.

There are definitely a bunch of "B" out there depending on the state, and how much they made before. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm not saying it's unfair, but depending on your circumstance (usually single, no kids, renting), unemployment checks can be a pretty great thing and something you stretch out as long as possible and not something you voluntary give up for some crappy job.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #85
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Purely anecdotal, but I had a family member, living in a dual income household, gladly accept that check every week without looking for a job, only doing so after the 52+ week period ended. I really don't know how you fix this, however.

Also, while it's true you pay into unemployment income insurance every week, so does the employer. So, it's not completely funded by the workers.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 10-06-2011 at 10:12 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #86
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, Hank doubles down on stupid:

ESPN -- Hank Williams Jr. theme song won't return to Monday Night Football - ESPN

""After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision," he wrote. "By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run."

So much for the apology etcetera. So long Hank. Enjoy being completely irrelevant once again. Maybe in his now copious amounts of free time he and his rowdy friends can get a hold of the constitution and figure out that pesky first amendment

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-06-2011 at 11:00 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #87
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

ESPN -- Hank Williams Jr. theme song won't return to Monday Night Football - ESPN

""After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision," he wrote. "By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run."

So much for the apology etcetera. So long Hank. Enjoy being completely irrelevant once again

Heh!

No, ESPN didn't step on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, Hank. In fact, ESPN was just exercising its First Amendment Freedom of Speech by pulling your opening Oct 3rd.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #88
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

So much for the apology etcetera. So long Hank. Enjoy being completely irrelevant once again. Maybe in his now copious amounts of free time he and his rowdy friends can get a hold of the constitution and figure out that pesky first amendment

WOW, Hank Jr is f'ing crazy. He had a chance to make things right and just shat on it.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #89
JediKooter
Coordinator

Nobody stepped on your 1st Amendment rights Hank, as I'm sure both parties signed a contract that more than likely had a clause in it that they could cancel the contract. Hank, ESPN never said you can't say what you want. They said you can't work there anymore. Big difference.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #90
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Brings to mind one of my favorite Onion articles: Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #91
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Williams is talking about running for Senate next year. Would the theme have had to be pulled anyway?

Good riddance.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #92
Ksyrup

Quick, someone pen some football-related lyrics for Hit Me With Your Best Shot!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #93
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Heh!

No, ESPN didn't step on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, Hank. In fact, ESPN was just exercising its First Amendment Freedom of Speech by pulling your opening Oct 3rd.

This. Man I love when stupid people totally misunderstand the First Amendment.

Just goes to show how fucking stupid they really are.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #94
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Quick, someone pen some football-related lyrics for Hit Me With Your Best Shot!

On second thought, given the state of the NFL these days, this probably wouldn't be appropriate without a subtitle:

Hit Me With Your Best Shot (But Not There or There or There)
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #95
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Love is a Battlefield would be better.

And why do they have these themes in the first place? I'm guessing it's is some relic of TV regulations so that the show can be counted for ratings purposes.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #96
wishbone
High School JV

I think Hank Williams Jr was proposing that Obama and Boehner golfing was as ridiculous as Hitler and Netanyahu golfing together. The biggest problem here is not political ideology but space and time. Netanyahu was not born until 4 years after Hitler had died. Think about this carefully, this golf pairing could only occur if one of them traveled through time. Hitler obviously can't have a time machine or WWII would have ended better for him. The alternative is that Netanyahu traveled in time to play golf with Hitler, something that also seems unlikely given his birth in Israel and special forces background.

In conclusion Hank Williams Jr is wrong. It is much less ridiculous for 2 golf-playing politicians in the same country at the same time to play together than 2 politicians playing after one of them has traveled through time.

I think that someone at Fox should be fired for bringing Hank in as a political commentator - why would anyone care what he has to say?
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #97
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
TCY... I'm confused. Do you think President Obama is worse than Hitler or not? You hav e said both in this thread. If you want to submit a new theme for MNF, I suggest you clarify your opinion...

Thought I was somewhat clear. If someone dealt with trying to fix the system and felt a smaller government was better, after dealing with it nonstop, emotions could get them so frustrated to see someone like the President as the person they hate most in life. Me, I'm not emotionally pissed at the president. I don't care for him, but definitely don't think he worse than hitler. The basis I felt he said what he did was because the President wants to expand which is crazy if you can't run things as is. I would like a smaller government but know many things are needed. And things are difficult, if we went to a straight tax many people would be out of jobs. Even with this guy bowling a 752 series last night against us, his team was the tax cutters, I still don't want him out of a job.

I don't know of a more feared enemy than hitler would have been to Isreal. The guy was a lunatic and had power. Definition of an enemies since you can't ignore hitler if you're Isreal. To me enemies in the dictionary should have Hitler and Isreal. I see how many might not view it this way but it's definitely also there in my eyes if you're talented enough to also think like stupid people.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #98
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I take it back, you are beyond crazy. Also, its Israel, not "Isreal".
Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #99
Kodos
Resident Alien

Are you ready for unemployment?! A pick your nose parttttty!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #100
JediKooter
Coordinator

Israel (est. 1947ish) didn't exist until after Hitler was dead. So they couldn't be and can't be enemies. Now Nazis on the other hand...Nazis would be the enemy of Israel and as a matter of fact, Israel hunted down a bunch of Nazis and still do to this day. Though, there aren't as many now as there was in the mid 20th century.