Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #6503
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah i vote for a new 3rd unholy / necro spell pool
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #6504
Danny
Head Coach

Id also like to see more importance put on alignment and maybe juy do away with neutral
Old 04-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #6505
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

My favorite part of the dungeon was seeing

"Someone is fighting this:

Was really fun seeing glimpses of other people's trek like that in thread and also seeing actual combats. This group is so secretive due to werewolf that not many people talked about the stories and things going on in their rooms which is disappointing. Makes the thread more about chatting and trading. I wonder if there are more ways to bring the game more into the thread.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #6506
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I would make sure all of the fighter had an ability to give them some additional XP as well. Like the Pally's abilities; maybe the Rangers get's Ambush like they have in D&D or Kensai has a weapon focus ability that can be used to enhance their ki for various effects, you get the idea.

We were glad to go through the dungeon naked as a jaybird, and we would like to mention that wasn't really a tail.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #6507
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Were shop items and treasure items random or preplaced and predetermined by day?

It took about a week for me as a new player to really appreciate buying items and IDing them and getting use out of things like horse and heal pots. (although i really didn't need healpots that much until the deeper dungeons)
And it seemed once I started going shopping and had enough gold finally to buy things, there didn't seem to be cleric items available.
I guess the luck of the draw.
Getting the Chain +1 early on was a lifesaver tho. But I never saw a lot of miscellaneous defense until the ring of Prot +1 that everyone could get. Made me wish clerics could use a shield
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #6508
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

perhaps a tinkerer class would be an interesting idea.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #6509
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

GNOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #6510
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and perhaps some sort of flying race?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #6511
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Were shop items and treasure items random or preplaced and predetermined by day?

It took about a week for me as a new player to really appreciate buying items and IDing them and getting use out of things like horse and heal pots. (although i really didn't need healpots that much until the deeper dungeons)
And it seemed once I started going shopping and had enough gold finally to buy things, there didn't seem to be cleric items available.
I guess the luck of the draw.
Getting the Chain +1 early on was a lifesaver tho. But I never saw a lot of miscellaneous defense until the ring of Prot +1 that everyone could get. Made me wish clerics could use a shield

Part of it is random sue, and the other part is to trade with others using Scrolls. This game rewards getting what you need, and if you have to send 200 gold at someone for what you need, then do it. I can;'t tell you how many Wizard Spel l Scrolls were sold all game long by people wh might have gotten more than teh sale price from Danny. Danny would have loved to have bought a level two scroll of 175 instead of 250 at the DJ sale, and you would have made an extra 50. But that was not done nearly as much as could have been.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #6512
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

all pms have been deleted

Old 04-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #6513
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Are the mage classes really that much more powerful than the fighter/hybird classes? I don't think so. The mages didn't seem appealing and I love mages. Their big XP hike was a definite turnoff in a game focused on winning by XP. I'm still not really sure how both assassins died so fast. Was that just dumb luck abe or were they really underpowered?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #6514
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
all pms have been deleted

shoot I still have the pms from the 1st dungeon!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #6515
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Part of it is random sue, and the other part is to trade with others using Scrolls. This game rewards getting what you need, and if you have to send 200 gold at someone for what you need, then do it. I can;'t tell you how many Wizard Spel l Scrolls were sold all game long by people wh might have gotten more than teh sale price from Danny. Danny would have loved to have bought a level two scroll of 175 instead of 250 at the DJ sale, and you would have made an extra 50. But that was not done nearly as much as could have been.

Everyone I interacted with initially was kind of being a jerk about that and only giving me the exact sale pricefor things. So I think I just stopped trying in that regard.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #6516
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

LOVE this idea! WOuld have helped me SOOO much in the spider belfry. hahaha I literally was trying to throw things up there hoing something came crashing down.

Things I'd like to see...
More RP and decision encounters.

Things like the Wheel of Fate and Bywater and KITCHEN FREAKIN MURDERS and such sounded awesome but I never saw any of them. WOuld be cool to have some RP encounters too. Maybe those would have to be inthread or something.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #6517
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
shoot I still have the pms from the 1st dungeon!

again I say...you are awesome...
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #6518
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So Jackal, did the inspector and all the staff of the kitchen basically stand around interrogating each other about the murder and did you then just slaughter everyone in the kitchen? The NEW Agatha Christie!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #6519
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Id also like to see more importance put on alignment and maybe juy do away with neutral

Then what would YOU be ? Seriously you were the most neutral person in the game. You should have been neutral I think but it DID make you want to fight with hoops. and who doesn't like that!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #6520
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are the mage classes really that much more powerful than the fighter/hybird classes? I don't think so. The mages didn't seem appealing and I love mages. Their big XP hike was a definite turnoff in a game focused on winning by XP. I'm still not really sure how both assassins died so fast. Was that just dumb luck abe or were they really underpowered?

I think it was a bit of luck, but we were trying to amp them up a bit from the first Dungeon, because there they could set traps for other players but no one used that ability. So I gave them poisoning, and then nothing. I think I just need to beef them to 8 hp and pulling the poisoning mechanic.

This game is complicated enough without having mechanics around that increase the thought space of folks.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #6521
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks Abe I had a great time playing. I hate that through out the last week I could not find time to post and right as I was getting settled back at home the game ended.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #6522
Zinto
College Starter

This really got me interested in trying to play some D&D or some other game similar to it since honestly I had a blast playing.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #6523
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IMG_5178 - Copy (398x500).jpg
Art

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-27-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #6524
Zinto
College Starter

I was no where near level 10 and I had no chance to get there. I had my original long sword and chainmail and I may still have been poisoned -1 hit. There was no way that we were going to get to level 10 in a three person group since I had just hit six when the game ended.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #6525
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and IO think the interview today with NC A&T went well

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-27-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #6526
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I was no where near level 10 and I had no chance to get there. I had my original long sword and chainmail and I may still have been poisoned -1 hit. There was no way that we were going to get to level 10 in a three person group since I had just hit six when the game ended.

bhlloy had cured you when he cured you during tha battle!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #6527
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks Abe I had a great time playing. I hate that through out the last week I could not find time to post and right as I was getting settled back at home the game ended.

Glad you liked it!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #6528
Zinto
College Starter

And I loved my curse I wanted to be a jerk to everyone but I just did not have the time. I figured I was just going to post mean disagreeable comments in response to everything everyone else posted
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #6529
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

One thing I didn't like was there were a few rooms on level 4 that gave far more exp than others (giants and The Big Q, not sure if there were others). It's probably not a coincidence that all five winners powered up in those rooms. The giants even gave fairly outrageous treasure (PB and I combined for 48k exp, 2800 gold, and 7 items in one day there, though one was cursed). Just seems like it makes things more luck-based about finding those couple special rooms that are worth more than 2-3 other level 4 rooms combined. I do love the mechanics and such of the Q battle though (even though I never fought it), maybe the exp can just be toned down.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #6530
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IMG_5175 (552x700).jpg
More Art...I gave up on this sheet once it hit this point and made a new one (in pencil )
Old 04-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #6531
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Abe can you divulge the initial setup of everyone. Like who was next to who in the circle? I assume the dungeon shape is either a big circle or a ring. But I'm still not really sure
Old 04-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #6532
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Did you take my advice?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #6533
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
One thing I didn't like was there were a few rooms on level 4 that gave far more exp than others (giants and The Big Q, not sure if there were others). It's probably not a coincidence that all five winners powered up in those rooms. The giants even gave fairly outrageous treasure (PB and I combined for 48k exp, 2800 gold, and 7 items in one day there, though one was cursed). Just seems like it makes things more luck-based about finding those couple special rooms that are worth more than 2-3 other level 4 rooms combined. I do love the mechanics and such of the Q battle though (even though I never fought it), maybe the exp can just be toned down.

Those were risky though, if you kept pushing you got weaker and weaker so there was a higher risk of being killed outright. I do see what you mean though, you make a valid point

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #6534
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

One thing that I thought was weird was potion and scroll use. As to when you could use them or whether you had to submit orders to use them or if they were "abe-used". Prot scrolls for instance. I learned early on that these would be cast by Abe during combat when the need arose. But the last one it seemed I had to submit that order to use one. (which I did). I think I would consider finding a way to make it all or nothing. Either you have to submit orders for scrolls or you don't and make that the rule across the board.

Items in general too (and I learned the hard way running evil dead just how tricky and pains in the rump items can be). With all the free trading and and instant use of items. The problem is when you have a specialty potion/scroll that you have a question about either for use or trade...there is of course no guarantee that you can get an answer before deadline (as you work etc and can't be on all the time). But that created (for me) the need to be on more since I was trying to coordinate with a party member JUST to see if I'd get an answer before I sent in say movement or combat orders. I guess this was more toward the end where combat strategizing became more critical what with tougher fights.

I think this feeds into the "Either have stuff be all Abe-run" or have it be all "you must submit to use it". I think I'd rather the former simply so there isn't the need to wait around for answers etc. I don't know. I think it needs thinking about. Things like that always run into so many new situations you never can plan for.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-27-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #6535
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Maybe if each item had a dedicated stat sheet;

Item Name:
Item Type: Weapon/Armor/Potion/Scroll/Misc Wearable/Misc Nonwearable
When Usable: Morning/Afternoon/Night/Anytime
Where Usable: In Thread/In PM/Automatic (used by Abe when appropriate)
Value in GP:
Visual Description:
Bonus: (+1, +2 vs Lycanthropes, etc)
Special Abilities: (50% chance of killing DV, etc)

That way there'd be no ambivalence. We'd know everything about it and no guesswork on where or when we could use it. And you could just cut and paste from a master list into our PMs. (which you already probably do). This would just clear up any weird or uncertain occurrences.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #6536
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Um....I would like to see Lycanthropes. This is a Werewolf thread and we didn't see any werewolves?

So if werewolf infects player, part of the time player is player and part of the time (random rolls? Full moon?) the DM controls PC or the player is just told to hunt players and npcs. Having a wereolf player slaughter the town of bywater would be fun!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #6537
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe if each item had a dedicated stat sheet;

Item Name:
Item Type: Weapon/Armor/Potion/Scroll/Misc Wearable/Misc Nonwearable
When Usable: Morning/Afternoon/Night/Anytime
Where Usable: In Thread/In PM/Automatic (used by Abe when appropriate)
Value in GP:
Visual Description:
Bonus: (+1, +2 vs Lycanthropes, etc)
Special Abilities: (50% chance of killing DV, etc)

That way there'd be no ambivalence. We'd know everything about it and no guesswork on where or when we could use it. And you could just cut and paste from a master list into our PMs. (which you already probably do). This would just clear up any weird or uncertain occurrences.

Good idea, bad execution. I just counted for fun and there are 54 weapons and armor of the special type. Then all of the Misc Items, pots, scrolls, mage scrolls, wands, and rings. That's waaaaayyy to many to spend that much time on, you know?

Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #6538
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Good idea, bad execution. I just counted for fun and there are 54 weapons and armor of the special type. Then all of the Misc Items, pots, scrolls, mage scrolls, wands, and rings. That's waaaaayyy to many to spend that much time on, you know?

yeah. that would be all prepwork not during game work. but yeah there are many items with special stuff sure. But I guess the crux of the matter is take away any ambivalence to what an item does and when and where it can be cast. So maybe just fine-tooth comb item descs making sure it has all the right info spelled out. The chart above just streamlined it kinda so that you know where to look for each bit of info. But I'm sure there are better ways/categories just as long as there's an organized and clear way about it.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #6539
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

or if every single item type were always used in the exact same way . LIke All potions were used at "these" times/places/ways, all prot scrolls, all spell scrolls, all suits of armor, all swords, all rings, etc and down the line. Each item type had specific uses use times and use places and there were no exceptions to that, then you could just do thhose stats once in the beginning rules and be done with it.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-27-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #6540
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And I guess if there are REALLY special artifacts or weapons/armor that had to be activated in a different way than the norm, THEN you'd need to go into the big song and dance about the specials and how to use this. But all the others would just be the norm. Like a potion that was an action. Or a sword that had a special power that needed activation.
Or anything that required a combat order PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #6541
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh by the way...go to google, type "zerg rush". Then click on the O's to save your links from getting eaten.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #6542
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
oh by the way...go to google, type "zerg rush". Then click on the O's to save your links from getting eaten.

And when you get the ones on top, you better scroll down quick, cause they're coming from the bottom too.

I really enjoyed this game, been a long time since I played some D&D style stuff and it brought back some memories. I'll try and think of some suggestions for what I think would be a good addition or tweak in the future.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #6543
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
We were glad to go through the dungeon naked as a jaybird, and we would like to mention that wasn't really a tail.

I actually was naked most of the game. I sold off my starting robes cause I needed the cash and never got another armor.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #6544
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
perhaps a tinkerer class would be an interesting idea.

Hoops already played that class
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #6545
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

In a dungeon?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #6546
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Everyone I interacted with initially was kind of being a jerk about that and only giving me the exact sale pricefor things. So I think I just stopped trying in that regard.

People no want to trade with me
Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #6547
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Then what would YOU be ? Seriously you were the most neutral person in the game. You should have been neutral I think but it DID make you want to fight with hoops. and who doesn't like that!

Everyone loves that lol
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #6548
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I was dsoing this until day 6 or so and then I stopped lol
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #6549
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah and you disagree with everything I said!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #6550
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Cool, congrats!