Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #501
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I've been playing with a Gaia planet race too, the fungoid race that looks like a floating bag of gas. Gaia/Pacifist/Xenophile, I pressed the "Random Civ" button and thats what it came up with.

I got a little lucky too, once my Gas Bag single planet empire got to a reasonable size, the insects next door split into three parts and had a huge civil war. My empire got 1 pop of Militaristic/Xenophile insect refugees.

Over 100 turns later, using that 1 pop of Insects to build colony ships, my Empire is now 80+% Militaristic insects ruled by the Gas Bag elite on their single Gaia world. Luckily with both groups being Xenophiles and Full Citizens, there's never been any unrest.

The 2.0 patch has really improved the game for me, forces a slow expansion.

Yeah, I really didn't have any issues with it post 2.0 either. I think the pace
made sense.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #502
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting. I may try it again if I find time. Sounds like Paradox is being Paradox again, making it into a strong product eventually.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:46 PM   #503
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Interesting. I may try it again if I find time. Sounds like Paradox is being Paradox again, making it into a strong product eventually.

Yeah, total Paradox move. Their DLCs contain fluffy bits you don't need but they release patches at the same time to mprove the game fo everyone.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 AM   #504
SackAttack
Head Coach

I kinda wanna see if there's a Schlock Mercenary mod for Stellaris the way there's a Game of Thrones mod for CK2.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 AM   #505
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I kinda wanna see if there's a Schlock Mercenary mod for Stellaris the way there's a Game of Thrones mod for CK2.

I know that my response might disprove my point, but I don;t think that Shlock is as well known or well-loved as GOT.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #506
Critch
lolzcat

I know there are Star Wars and Warhammer mods, but haven't noticed anything else. Don't know how good they are, but I've seen them on the Steam Workshop page.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #507
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There's a massive Star Trek mod, but I don't know if they made it compatible with later game versions.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #508
JPhillips
General Manager

The Star Trek mod is great and compatible. They update it regularly. My only problem with it is that the universe of Star Trek was designed to be pretty stable, so it can bog down rather early with seemingly little opportunity to do much.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #509
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I know that my response might disprove my point, but I don;t think that Shlock is as well known or well-loved as GOT.

In fairness, what is?

But Schlock as a sci-fi 'verse feels more 'natural' to me than Trek does. Trek is basically humans, Vulcans, Klingons, and a bunch of 'species-of-the-week.' Schlock fleshes its non-human species out.

Not shittin' on Trek, exactly, just saying that my interest in playing in that sandbox doesn't rise to the level of cultural cachet it's garnered over 50-60 years of various shows and movies.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #510
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Did they ever fix the AI or make it a decent challenge?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #511
JPhillips
General Manager

There's another huge update coming here in December that will radically change the game again.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #512
Edward64
Head Coach

So how is Megacorp coming along?

I've been spending most of my time on FO 76. What I've read is buggy but good?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:46 AM   #513
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
So how is Megacorp coming along?

I've been spending most of my time on FO 76. What I've read is buggy but good?

Getting the hang of the new population system/getting rid of tiles took me a little bit. But I think it is a change for the better. AI needs to get the kinks ironed out as in both of my games I'm pretty well untouchable by AI empires by 2300. Playing as a fanatic pacifist, things got kind of boring because nobody wanted to fight me.

Last edited by lungs : 01-19-2019 at 07:48 AM.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #514
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

AI is...pretty braindead. It's the next thing they're working on, but it's pretty bad right now.

That, and if you play on huge galaxies, it's basically unplayable lategame due to lag.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #515
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks. I'll wait for another patch.

They had a really bad lag when it first came out and they fixed it with max fleet sizes last year. Sorry to hear its back now.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #516
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to it. Diplomacy has been sorely lacking.

Stellaris: Federations announced, expanding space diplomacy | PC Gamer
Quote:
Federations, the next DLC for Stellaris, was announced today at PDXCon, Parardox Interactive’s annual fan convention. The focus this time is on diplomacy, after previous expansions have fleshed out the military, economy, and internal politics of the sprawling space 4X.

Federations have been a part of Stellaris from the beginning, building bridges of cooperation between sovereign empires. In this expansion though, they're getting a huge face-lift. The old school, vanilla, Star Trek sort (now called a Galactic Union) will still be around, but Paradox is adding several new, more specialized types of federations such as Research Co-Ops for science-minded factions and Trade Leagues for economically focused partnerships. Gaining more federation members and maintaining Cohesion (basically, keeping everyone on the same page policy-wise) will allow Federations to level up and gain mechanical perks, like increased federation fleet size.

The other major feature is the Galactic Community, a kind of "Space UN" that can be founded once you've met most of your star neighbors and the galaxy starts to become more interconnected. No empire is obligated to join, but those that opt-out will receive a colder welcome than those on the inside. Those that choose to leave after having joined will be especially reviled.
:
:
The Lithoids species pack will be out on October 24 and Federations is set to launch later in the year

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-19-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #517
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I've already preordered the Lithoid species pack for next week, and I intend to reboot one of my favorite species ever in any game, the Silica!

Star Chamber: The Harbinger Saga - Wikipedia

My precious Silica!

Old 11-07-2022, 10:04 PM   #518
Edward64
Head Coach

It's been a while since I've played Stellaris.

I'm debating if I want to really spend the effort to (re)learn all the new mechanics with the new DLCs.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-07-2022 at 10:08 PM.