Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #251
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-As I stated above, Spike Huber is gone from WCCW. Also gone is on-air commissioner Whipper Billy Watson. We'll probably go without any time of on-screen authority figure until Fritz retires again for good. There is definitely more cuts on the way - our roster is still bloated.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #252
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any movement on a better TV deal?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #253
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Any movement on a better TV deal?

TV Networks begin accepting applications for new shows in 19 days. The new season's TV shows are announced in 47 days. So that'll be my window to get a new deal. I'll be targeting the smallest national syndication carrier.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #254
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-WCCW re-signs Road Agent Bronco Lubich, whose contract was coming to an end. The old contract was written, at $1,500/month, and the new one is a PPA at $875/show, so the monthly expenses will continue to rise.

-Manny Fernandez is apparently causing problems backstage for us, just as he did a few weeks back for Central States.

-The TV show gets a 0.66 rating. That's up .02 from last week, but still our second lowest rated show in 6 weeks.

-Mike Von Erich has been injured in some type of incident involving a mountain lion. I won't ask, I just hope he stays of the drugs. He'll be able to work through the injury.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #255
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
-Mike Von Erich has been injured in some type of incident involving a mountain lion. I won't ask, I just hope he stays of the drugs.

LOL!

I can only imagine what that meeting was like. "Mountain lion, you say? Um...okay. Just keep off the drugs and don't go camping in the mountains again anytime soon and we'll let it go."
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #256
molson
General Manager

I really need to unload about 4 or 5 more guys, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to decide who. It's not like FOFC, where you can just look at the bottom of your roster, because a pro wrestling company NEEDS cheap guys at the bottom.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #257
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
-Mike Von Erich has been injured in some type of incident involving a mountain lion.
I read he had a hot date with Kim Bauer, they got lost, yadda yadda yadda...
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #258
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 3, October 1983
Dallas, TX. 2,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeated Villano V in 7:22 by submission. (C-) Landell makes his WCCW debut. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Villano's manager, Gory Guerrero, came into the ring and chewed out his client for yet another loss. (D) When they left the ring, Landell cut a promo hyping his debut in WCCW, and criticizing Gory for being so hard on Villano. Landel called Villano a "young kid who wrestled a decent match" and deserved better (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
WWA Heavyweight Championship Match
Steve Regal defeats Barry Orton in 2:42 by pinfall to make his 6th defense of the title. (D+) Regal viciously dominated the match, and was still clearly angry over losing the WWA tag belts last week.

-Gary Hart comes to the ring and announces that he has signed a new client, a man who has gained Hart's respect by standing up to a frequent adversary of Hart Limited, Manny Fernandez. Hart than reveals his new client, Brian Adias. (C+)

-Brain Adias defeats Tommy Rogers in 4:42 by pinfall. (D) Immediately as the match ended, Manny Fernandez hit the ring, making his first apperance since Adias turned on him several weeks ago. Adias bailed from the ring, and ran around, trying to escape. Another Gary Hart client, Chris Adams, came out and distracted Manny long enough for Adias to escape. Adams got roughed up by Manny for his troubles. (C-)

-Manny Fernandez cuts a promo, saying Adias can't run for long, and that he'll get his revenge (C-)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders defeat Koko B. Ware, Ken Mantel, and Bobby Eaton in 7:42 when Williams pinned Eaton. Williams looked off his game. (C) The champs make their 1st defense of the titles. After the match, Destruction Inc, orchestrate yet another post-match attack, on Bobby Eaton. Before long, however, Bruiser Brody surprisingly ran in to make the save, easily clearing the ring of Destruction, Inc. (C-)

-Before he ducked back into the locker room, Adonis grabbed a mic and addressed Brody, who was still in the ring. Adonis warned Brody to stay out of his business, and called him a "no-talent glorified stunt-man", who is incredibly overrated by loser fans. (B-)

-Bruiser Brody defeated Magic Dragon in 7:47 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Brody grabs a mic and challenges Adonis to a match. He says that Adonis thinks he's some kind of tough guy because he runs around with 2 deranged New Zealanders, Brody's sick and tired of his random attacks on Brody's friends. (C+)

-Villano III defeated Ricky Morton in 10:38 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Mercer briefly interviews Villano III. (D+)

-Bob Backlund comes out, still wearing his replica WWF title belt, still calling it his "WCCW Championship". He hypes his upcoming "title defense" with David at the Texas Rumble next Saturday night. (C+)

-Kevin Von Erich comes out, and briefly hypes his match tonight with Backlund. His main focus, however, seems to be his ongoing quest to get a 1-on-1 rematch with Buddy Roberts. He confronts Bill Mercer at ringside, saying that even though the fans aren't aware of this, Mercer is serving as interim WCCW Commissioner. Kevin says he knows he's supposed to keep that quiet, but still demands that Mercer order a rematch. Mercer refuses, saying he won't be bullied by anyone into making a match, as that would set a horrible precedent. (C+)

-Bob Backlund defeats Kevin Von Erich in 18:45 submission. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-A nice rebound show for us after a series of mediocre efforts. The last three matches all reached at least a "B" rating, which is only thee second time we've done that. Texas popularity remains 65.9%.

-Kevin and Backlund had an excellent main event. It was much better than Backlund's match with Kerry a few weeks ago, which only rated a C+. The difference is party due to Backlund being better rested, but Kevin has to get some credit as well.

-Villano's streak of awesome matches continues. He's staring a new storyline involving his mask (and there's a chance he loses it and starts wrestling under his real name) - after that, it's main event time, barring something unexpected.

-Prior to this show, Magic Dragon had wrestled 25 matches for us, with his highest rating a C+. Bruiser Brody shows his value by carrying Dragon to a "B". Unfortunately, Dragons' best match with us will be his last, at least for a while, as I have initiated termination proceedings. It was an extremely difficult decision, but Dragon is the latest odd man out of a bloated roster. Brody/Adonis should have some great brawls.

-I had assumed that Manny/Adias was over, and that I was moving Manny on to new things, but with the addition of Brody, and his upcoming feud with Destruction Inc, there's no big stars for Manny to fued with. So he's starting a new storyline with Adias - though this one will include several additional workers.

-Buddy Landell debuted tonight and also started a new storyline - his sympathy for the Mexican jobbers, and his attempt to show them life beyond Gory's abuse.

Last edited by molson : 06-13-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #259
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-As I stated in the show recap above, Magic Dragon is out. It was a tough decision, but he's the odd-man out because of a number of factors: He's not involved in any current storylines, he works for two other companies, he has a relatively short time left on his contract (4 months), and he's no spring chicken for a "prospect" (27 years old). That will be the end of the cuts for now, at least until we get through the Texas Rumble Show.

-Villano III is again exhausted following the show. The ratings he's generating are even more unbelievable considering his current schedule. I'm tempted to "declare war" on his other company, CMA in Mexico, just to see if that will make him leave them.

-WCCW is advertising the following matches for "Texas Rumble" next Saturday night:

30-Man "Texas Rumble" (This is the Royal Rumble before the Royale Rumble Existed)

WCCW American & Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich v. Bob Backlund

Chris Adams v. Iceman Parsons

Last edited by molson : 06-13-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #260
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (TV Taping)
Tuesday, Week 3, October 1983
Dallas, TX: 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Iceman Parsons defeated Frank Dusek in 7:12 by pinfall. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. Parsons celebrates his win in the crowd. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeats Super Kendo in 4:55 by submission (D). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Kendo's manager Gory Guerrero again angrily chews out his client, but Landell comes over, and shoves Gory, starting an animated argument between Gory and Landell - who again seemed to be expressing his unhappiness with the way Gory has been treating his clients. (C)

-WWA Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Von Erich & Ricky Morton defeated Steve Regal & Al Perez in 3:54 when Mike made Perez submit, to make their first defense of the tag team titles. (D+). Regal was exercising his rematch clause, but was teaming with Perez since Regal had put Huber out of commission last week with a concrete DDT. Mike was slowed by injury

-Brian Adias came out to the ring with his new manager, Gary Hart. Hart mentions Manny's appearance at the show last night, and says that WCCW currently isn't a "safe working environment" for Adias as long as Manny's around. Therefore, in what he calls a "desperate attempt for self-defense", Hart offers a $25,000 bounty to whoever anyone who can seriously injury Manny and put him out of commission. (C-)

-Hector Guerrero (with manager Gory Guerrero) defeats Ken Mantel in 8:54 by pinfall. (C+) Hector makes his WCCW debut.

-Bill Mercer interviews Fritz Von Erich. Fritz says that his knee has improved rapidly, and his WCCW TV Title Cage Match with Garvin is back on, to take place in two weeks. Fritz says that a contract signing tonight will be definitive and create an iron-clad contract - the match will happen in two weeks, no matter what. (B-). During the interview, Jimmy Garvin runs into the ring, intent on attempting to injure Fritz again. Instead, he walks right into an Iron Claw, and is then from from the ring. (B). On his way back to the dressing room, Garvin grabs a mic and yells at Fritz, warning him to "Stay out of his business" - he refers to the incident in Atlanta last week when Fritz made the save for Koko and Eaton after a post-match attack by Garvin. (B)

-Bruiser Brody defeated King Kong Bundy in 5:59 by pinfall. (C+) The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-David Von Erich came to the ring and stated that while Bob Backlund is a great wrestler and will be a huge challenge at Texas rumble, David is still irritated and bewildered that Backlund is calling himself "WCCW Champion" and wearing around a fake title belt. (B).

-A video highlight package is shown recapping the Backlund v. David feud: David nearly having Backlund beat at the Labor Day Star Wars, Backlund's clean pinfall and submission victories over Kerry and Kevin (and over David in tag team matches), and Backlund's self-recognition as "WCCW Champion". (B-)

-WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Jimmy Garvin in 12:46 by pinfall to make his 7th defense of the Texas Heavyweight Title. (B). The announcers pointed out during the match, that if Garvin was able to upset David and win the title, Backlund v. David will still occur at Texas Rumble, but would be for the David's American Heavyweight Title Only.

Overall Show Rating; B-

THOUGHTS

-A very good show, which increases our cushion in Cult Status. Midwest popularity increases from 53.5% to 53.7%. Texas Popularity remains 65.9%.

-The second half of the show featured a number of B- or many segments. I think I've done a decent job of building up the main event workers and angles.

-The main event was our first David/Garvin match since June, and as always, the two delivered (this was their 3rd straight "B" match, and 5th in a row that rated at least B-). Garvin has wrestled the all the Von Erich brothers, and David's matches are clearly the best - one of the little things that validates why he's on top.

-The Fritz/Garvin angle is pretty hot - tonight it had three segments, 2 Bs and a B-. the match won't be great, but that's why we're stretching it out with pre-match angles.

-It was a pretty good debut match for Hector Guerrero, though his C+ rating with Ken Mantel was way below what Villano III got with him (Villano/Mantel scored a "B").

Last edited by molson : 06-14-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #261
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bruiser Brody was injured in his match with King Kong Bundy, but he'll be able to work through it. Still, it sucks to have him at less than 100% when he's on a short-term contract with us.

-At least Brody was luckier than the WWF's Don Muraco, who has suffered an injury that will keep in out of action for a year.

-Dusty Rhodes is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion (for the 3rd time) - ending Ric Flair's incredible 25-month run with the belt.

-In other title change news, The Invaders have defeated Rocky Johnson & Pedro Morales to win the WWF Tag Team Championship. Johnson & Morales had been champions for 3 months.

-The Great Kabuki's contract is up in a few weeks, so we requested negotiations. He wants $1,550/show, a raise from his current $1,000/show. I reluctantly pull the trigger. This would have been an easy chance to shrink the roster a little bit, but I want to keep him around at least long enough to have some matches with Brody.

-Ricky Morton's complaining about his push as a lower midcarder. I move him up, swapping him with Ken Mantel, who is back down to the lower midcard.

-David Von Erich has snubbed another company, this time it was Puerto Rico's WWC.

-Mike Von Erich is back at 100% after his injury.

-The TV show gets a rating of 0.74. That's our highest number in 3 weeks.

-We negotiate a couple of talent trades, to give us some different faces for the upcoming Texas Rumble. Mid-South will have use of Bob Backlund and David Von Erich, and we get Ted Dibiase and Jim Duggan. Duggan is in for 3 shows including the Rumble, Dibiase is just in for the Rumble. I also work with Houston Championship Wrestling to trade Adrian Adonis and Bob Backlund for Gino Hernandez and the WWF Champion, Junkyard Dog for 3 appearances each. That last trade is a bit of a risk since Backlund is now working for 5 different companies (albeit two of them on loan contracts). But, Backlund is the only guy HCW would take for JYD. So we'll have some interesting matchups in the shows around Texas Rumble. And all wrestlers involved consider us their priority company, so HCW and MSW will only have access to our traded workers on our nights off.

Last edited by molson : 06-15-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #262
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, October 1983
Kansas City, MO. 1,000 SOLD OUT

-We're going to take advantage of some of the big talent trade names on our roster to run a solid show in the midwest that will hopefully increase our cushion in cult status.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeats Villano IV in 7:49 by submission. (C). The two showed good chemistry. After the match, Gory Guerrero again verbally berates his young client, this time shoving him repeatedly in the chest. Buddy Landell, after observing this behavior for several weeks, approaches Gory and throws him to the other side of the ring. The two seem to be about to come to blows, but Villano IV and the referee separate them. (D).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tommy Rogers defeats Al Perez in 6:12 by pinfall. (E)

-Villano III defeated Bobby Eaton in 10:33 by pinfall. (B-). After the match, Villano III celebrates his victory in the ring. (E). Gory and Villano cut a promo, with Gory hyping Villano III as his "prized client", and the next big thing in WCCW. (D-)

-Bruiser Brody defeats Frank Dusek in 7:38 by pinfall. (C-). Brody's injury "took a big toll" in this match. After the match, Adrian Adonis appears in the entranceway, saying he heard about the challenge Brody made last week to face Adonis in a match. Adonis refuses the challenge, saying Brody is simply too crazy, too unpredictable, and that Adonis' face is simply too pretty to risk being disfigured by forks or razor blades or whatever Brody has in mind. (B-). Brody leaves the ring to run after Adonis, who is suddenly flanked by the other members of Destruction Inc: The Sheepherders, and Skandor Akbar, who attack Brody 4-1. Brody holds his own for a while, but is soon overwhelmed. (D+)

-Mid-South wrestler Ted DiBiase comes to the ring, and quickly insults the Kansas City fans, establishing his heel status. He then hypes his match tonight with Brad Rheingans. (B)

-Brad Rheingans and Ted Dibiase wrested to a draw in 20:00 when the time limit expired (C+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Rheingans walks over to Dibiase and offers a handshake, which Dibiase refuses. (B+)

-Buddy Jack Roberts comes out and taunts Kevin Von Erich's failed attempts to get a 1-on-1 rematch with him. Roberts says Kevin is simply obsessed with the fact that Roberts is clearly a better wrestler. (C-)

-David Von Erich came out to hype his main event American Heavyweight Title Defense against Buddy Roberts. (C+)

-WCCW American Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeated Buddy Jack Roberts in 14:04 by pinfall to make his 6th defense of the American Heavyweight Title. (B). After the match, David celebrated with both of his title belts - perhaps for the final time, with his Texas Rumble match with Bob Backlund looming. (B)

Overall Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-I was hoping we'd break the B- barrier, which would be huge in the midwest, but C+ is still solid, and our midwest popularity does increase from 53.7% to 53.9%.

-I screw up one thing, by using Dibiase. He was only scheduled for one apperance, and I use it here, instead of the Texas Rumble. Not a big deal, I may trade for him again, or bring in someone else.

-Roberts is actually our #4 heel in terms of midwest overness, so he was the right guy to get the main event against David here. They had a great match - it was the best of their 3 1-on-1 matches. Roberts has now wrestled a "B" level match with David, Kerry, and Kevin Von Erich.

-I gave Dibiase and Rheingans 20 minutes in the hopes that they would steal the show - both are pretty popular in the midwest. Unfortunately, they had bad chemistry.

-It appears Brody's injury is going to severely limit him in the ring, as he gets only a C- tonight. Granted the match was against Frank Dusek, but Brody scored a B against Magic Dragon, and Dusek even delivered a C+ against guys like Ken Mantel and Chris Adams. Hopefully, Brody will heel as quickly as Mike did.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #263
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 4, October 1983
Fort Worth, TX: 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WWA Heavyweight Championship Match
Steve Regal defeats Ken Mantel in 6:41 by pinfall to make his 7th defense of his title(C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Great Kabuki defeated Bobby Eaton in 8:43 by pinfall. (B-).

-Bruiser Brody defeated Frank Dusek in 4:40 by pinfall. (C-). Brody's injury took a big toll.

-Fritz Von Erich came out and hyped his TV Title Steel Cage match with Jim Garvin next week. He says it will be his final match as an active competitor. (B)

-King Kong Bundy and Gary Hart come out to the ring and reference the open bounty placed on Manny Fernandez by Brian Adias last week. Bundy challenges Fernandez to a match, saying that he's intending to earn that cash. The announcers point out that it was likely Hart that put the money up in the first place for Adias. (C+)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Jim Garvin defeated Mike Von Erich in 5:46 by submission to make his 3rd defense of the title. (D+). After the match, Garvin hyped the cage match with Fritz next week, claiming that not only with it will be Fritz's last match, it will be the last time he walks without a severe limp. (B)

-A video is played hyping Fritz' career, and his rehabilitation from his most recent two injuries (one at the hand of Destruction Inc, the second at the hands of Jimmy Garvin. (B+)

-The announcers hype the huge match that has been announced for tv show in two weeks: A triple threat title match between David Von Erich, Bob Backlund, and Michael Hayes, for the Texas and American Heavyweight Championship (whether Backlund or David holds those titles by then). (B-)

-Backstage, the cameras catch Michael Hayes and Bob Backlund discussing strategy for the match in two weeks. Backlund is trying to talk Hayes into ganging up on David, 2-on-1, and then laying down for Backlund. Hayes seems skeptical of this plan. (C+)

-Fritz Von Erich defeats Al Perez in 3:45 by submission. (C-). Fritz looked good.

-Buddy Jack Roberts comes out and once again taunts Kevin's obsession with him. Roberts says that Kevin will never live down that he's proven himself to be a better wrestler. (C). Kevin comes out to confront Buddy. Kevin says that for six weeks now, he's listened to Roberts run his mouth about his "victory", and that he's been unable to get a rematch. Kevin then raises the stakes, and tells Roberts that if Roberts gives him a match, and beats him again, Kevin will leave WCCW for a year. (C+). Buddy looks intrigued, but walks off before given Kevin an answer.

-Houston Championship Wrestling star Gino Hernandez comes out and addresses the crowd. He says that as a result of negotiations between HCW and WCCW companies, a series of intra-promotional matches have been arranged, starting tonight, when Gino challenges David Von Erich for his WCCW Texas and American Heavyweight Championships. (B+) David Von Erich then came out to hype to match as well. (B+). I tried to put over David in this match, but Gino apparently has creative control with HCW, and that carries over to us when we have him on loan. Of course, a time limit draw in this kind of situation is more realistic. In fact, I'm instituting a house rule effective today. When I bring a guy in via talent trade, he can't have a losing record with us during the loan. There's no way the WWF would trade me their champion, JYD, to job 3 straight times. So if I have a guy for 3 appearances, he can be 2-1, or 1-1-1, or 0-0-3, but he can't be 1-2 or 0-3 or 0-1-2.

-WCCW American and Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich and Gino Hernandez wrestled to a 20:00 time limit draw. The two showed great chemistry. David makes his 7th defense of the American Heavyweight Title, and 8th defense of his Texas Heavyweight Title. The announcing quality wasn't up to the standards of the match. (B+)

THOUGHTS:

-Another excellent show for us. Texas popularity remains 65.9%. Midwest popularity increases from to 53.9% to 54.1%, giving us a full 1.0% cushion in cult status.

-Excellent main event between Gino and David - Gino is a guy I'd love to bring in, but he's super loyal to HCW and SWCW. There's one little tweak/bug in the game I forgot about before I brought in all these new guys on talent trades - a wrestler won't sign with you if he's been employed by you in the previous 6 months, including if the "employment" was only via loan. This may have been fixed in the latest patch, but if not, you really have to be restrained when dealing with talent trades. With Gino though, he's not coming here full-time anytime soon, so we may bring him in for time to time for short runs.

-The Fritz/Garvin has given us some great segments leading up to their match. If Fritz wins, the title will be vacant again, and a tournament will be scheduled. But nothing's definite. Though, I am considering a unification match to determine the first WCCW World Champion in a few months - it would be David or Backlund v. Garvin or the tournament winner v. Steve Regal (as WWA champion). Winner gets all the belts, and new recognition as world champion. Then, new, lower titles would be introduced.

-Brody's pretty useless in the ring right now with his injury, which sucks.

-I hadn't used Kabuki for a while, so gets a dark match here which turned out well. I wasn't sure if I'd resign him or not, so he's not a big part of any current storylines.

Last edited by molson : 06-16-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #264
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Gino arrived late to his first show with us. No discipline is in order, but it's a reminder that this is a guy with issues that could drop dead at anytime.

-Bruiser Bordy is not only injured, he's exhausted too. It's starting to look like I won't get full value out of him while he's here.

-There's new AWA Tag Team Champions - the High Flyers lost to the bizarre team of the Iron Shiek and Les Thorton. (maybe there's some sort of anti-USA faction).

-Mid-South make quick use of Bob Backlund (on talent trade from us), as he unsuccessfully challenged JYD for the Mid-South North American Title. We'll probably run that same matchup soon, pitting the real WWF champion v. the guy carrying around the fake WWF title.

-The dirt shirts like Terry Taylor and our own Hector Guerrero as break-out stars.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #265
Tellistto
College Prospect

Still reading along and enjoying it all.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #266
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Texas Rumble
Saturday, Week 4, October 1983

-Bruiser Brody is working elsewhere tonight, this is a conflict I didn't catch. I did advertise him to be in the Rumble Match - hopefully that won't hurt too much.

-I uncovered another small bug when I was booking this show - loaned workers won't work in matches that last an hour or more, since they won't "destroy themselves" for a company they don't really work for. Unfortunately, they consider a Royal Rumble just such a match. There may be a work around if I go into the editor and bring the minimum match time down to 50 minutes or so, but for now, JYD, Gino, and Duggan, are out. It's just as well, they'll help me more in individual matches over the next few weeks.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Barry Orton drew with Al Perez in 7:44 following a double-countout. (E+) Perez was exhausted towards the end of the match

-Pre Show Dark Segment
Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton cut a promo hyping their apperance in tonight's Rumble. (D+) Gory Guerrero cuts a similar promo, by the side of his stable of Mexican wrestlers that will be competing - the 3 Villanos, and Hector Guerrero (D+).

-As the show opens, Chris Adams comes to the ring to hype his upcoming match with Iceman Parsons. Adams warns Parsons to just move on, that if he insists on trying to get "payback", he's going to get hurt, and Adams doesn't necessarily want that. (C+) Parsons comes out to respond, saying he's not backing down, and he'll have his revenge. (C)

-Iceman Parsons drew with Chris Adams in 1:57 by Double DQ. It was immediately clear that the two men would not abide by the rules of a professional wrestling match, and the referee quickly called for the bell. The two brawled all the way to the back. (C+). The match suffered from lack of selling and lack of psychology.

-Manny Fernandez comes out to hype his apperance in the Rumble, and also to accept the challenge for a 1-on-1 match made by King Kong Bundy at the TV taping on Tuesday. He said that he's aware of the bounty put out by Brian Adias, but he's not going to live in fear, he'll take on his challengers one at a time. (B-). Adrian Adonis gives a pre-Rumble Hype Promo (C-). As does Steve Regal (D). Then Buddy Roberts also hypes the Rumble, but also accepts Kevin Von Erich's offer of a match, with the stipulation that if Buddy wins again, Kevin will leave WCCW for one year. (Kevin made this challenge at the TV taping on Tuesday) (C+) Kerry, Kevin, and Mike then cut a promo, saying they'll work together if they can, but if it comes down to it, they'll do what they have to do to win tonight (C).

-30-Man Texas Rumble (C)
Manny Fernandez won the Texas Rumble. The final four were Manny, Buddy Roberts, Kevin Von Erich, and Jimmy Garvin. The game doesn't allow this much detail, but for my own dynasty purposes, here's the order of entry and elimination:

1. Kevin Von Erich (eliminated #27, by Buddy Roberts)
2. Luke Williams (eliminated #4, by Kevin Von Erich)
3. Al Perez (eliminated #1, by Kevin Von Erich)
4. Butch Miller (eliminated #5, by Kerry Von Erich)
5. Ken Mantel (eliminated #2, by Luke Williams)
6. Fritz Von Erich (eliminated #6, by Jimmy Garvin)
7. Villano IV (eliminated #3, by Fritz Von Erich)
8. Michael Hays (eliminated #8, by Kerry & Kevin Von Erich)
9. Kerry Von Erich (eliminated #12, by Chris Adams & Brian Adias)
10. Adrian Adonis (eliminated #21, by Kevin Von Erich)
11. Steve Regal (eliminated #13, by Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton)
12. Jim Garvin (eliminated #28, by Manny Fernandez)
13. Bobby Eaton (eliminated #25, by Jim Garvin)
14. King Kong Bundy (eliminated #7, by Kerry, Kevin, and Bobby Eaton)
15. Villano V (eliminated #10, by The Great Kabuki)
16. Tommy Rogers (eliminated #9, by The Great Kabuki)
17. The Great Kabuki (eliminated #26, by Manny Fernandez)
18. Mike Von Erich (eliminated #11, by The Great Kabuki)
19. Brian Adias (eliminated #15, eliminated himself after Manny entered ring)
20. Chris Adams (eliminated #19, by Iceman Parsons)
21. Koko B. Ware (eliminated #16 by The Great Kabuki)
22. Frank Dusek (eliminated #14 by Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton)
23. Brad Rheingans (eliminated #17 by The Great Kabuki)
24. Hector Guerrero (eliminated #18 by Manny Fernandez)
25. Manny Fernandez
26. Villano III (eliminated #20, by Manny Fernandez)
27. Ricky Morton (eliminated #22, by Manny Fernandez)
28. Iceman Parsons (eliminated #23, by the Great Kabuki)
29. Buddy Landell (eliminated #24, by The Great Kabuki)
30. Buddy Roberts, (eliminated #29, by Manny Fernandez)

-David Von Erich hyped his upcoming title defense against Bob Backlund. (B-) Bob Backlund then came out and hyped the match (B-)

-WCCW American and Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeated Bob Backlund in 16:37 by pinfall after botched interference from Michael Hayes, who accidentally struck Backlund with a steel chair. (B) David makes his 9th defense of the Texas Heavyweight Title, and 8th Defense of the American Heavyweight Title. After the match, Backlund and Hayes get into a heated argument over the botched interference, culminating in a pull-apart brawl. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: C

-David finally beats Backlund, albiet via tained means. I'm surprised these two guys haven't reached anything higher than "B" in their 5 1-on-1 matches with us.

-Obviously, this was an experiment show, and our rating was certainly hurt by Brody being hurt and booked elsewhere. So I can live with the result. Texas popularity decreases from 65.9% to 65.6%

-Manny Fernandez wins the Rumble, in a much needed boost from his Brian Adias feud. Kevin Von Erich gets the "endurance push", lasting all the way until the end after drawing #1. The Great Kabuki gets the "monster push", eliminating 7 guys.

Last edited by molson : 09-03-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:20 AM   #267
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-A number of promotions are rumored to be having financial difficulties - CWA (Lawler's Memphis promotion), Joint Productions in the UK, and Florida Championship Wrestling. We send out buy-out feelers to all three. Interestingly, there's no such rumors about Angelo Poffo's ICW, who has apparently straightened out their financial issues, at least for now.

-Bruno Sammartino and Butcher Vachon have officially announced their retirement.

-Our TV show gets a .69 rating. That's about our average over the last few weeks.

-Next up, the monthly review

-Random thought - many of my B+ rated matches have received the road agent note, "the announcing quality wasn't up to the standard of the match". Perhaps I need better announces to finally break the A- barrier. I'll look into it.

-As of today, the TV networks are accepting applications for new shows. I apply to the three smallest national syndication carriers, along with the USA Network, ESPN, and TBS. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I'll have to cancel my current TV contract before any of the these guys will talk to me.

Last edited by molson : 06-17-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #268
molson
General Manager

The dynasty is back after a 1-week hiatus. I got randomly addicted to CIV 4 again last week, taking up most of my PC time. I've never ever gone back to game like I have CIV 4, and the new expansion is out next month. Anyway....

WCCW - END OF OCTOBER, 1983 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Popularity in Texas 65.6% (Down from 66.8% last month)
-Popularity in Midwest 54.1% (Up from 53.5% last month)
-Popularity in Southeast 30.7%

I've added the Southeast as my third big region I'm tracking, since I've run our debut show there. We should be able to shoot up their with the amount of talent on the roster that has Southeast overness. Of course, as soon as I get a national TV deal (which could be as soon as this week), these regional ratings become much less important. I currently have a full 1.0% cushion into cult status with my 54.1% popularity in the midwest (cult status requires 53.1% in two regions)

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 492,932 (420,780)
Sponsors: 76,601 (76,220)
Merchandise: 13,858 (14,924)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 237,829 (221,725)
Show Costs: 100,500 (93,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 37,894 (38,693)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 148,586 (134,156)

Total Profit: $-41,418 ($-76,150)
Cash in Bank: $958,540 (999,958)

-The bottom line looks a little better this month, but we're definitely lucky we have so much cash to burn through. The jump to Cult is proving to be very expensive. Ticket sales are up because we're running more shows in Texas, as there's no more need bump up the midwest popularity as quickly as possible. Worker costs are also up as our roster gets more expensive overall. We lost about $25k in merchandise again, so I'm making a change in our corporate philosophy there - we're going to go back down to a "conservative" production system, after working at "just in time" for a few months. This should cut back on our losses. Product quality will remain "Above Average".

Last edited by molson : 06-23-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #269
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of October, 1983

-Texas Heavyweight Champion - 93.9% Prestige (up from 91.5% last month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 9 title defenses, 5-month reign

-American Heavyweight Champion - 75.4% Prestige (up from 73.9% last month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 8 title defenses, 2-month reign

-Television Champion - 61.5% Prestige (down from 62.1% last month)
Midcard Title
Jimmy Garvin - 3 title defenses, 10-week reign

-American Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Midcard Title
Buddy Roberts & Michael Hayes - 3 title defenses, 2-month reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders - 1 title defense, 2-week reign

-WWA Heavyweight Championship - 69.4% Prestige (Down from 70.0% last month)
Midcard Title
Steve Regal - 7 title defenses, 11-week reign

-WWA Tag Team Championship - 60.8% Prestige (Down from 63.0% last month)
Midcard Title
Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton- 1 title defense, 2-week reign.

-We're getting ever-close to our first ever "WCCW World Champion". Plans are always subject to change, but right now, I'm imagining a triple threat match with the three singles champions. Currently, that would be David Von Erich v. Jimmy Garvin v. Steve Regal, though I'm sure we'll have a title change or two before we get to that match. All those belts would be absorbed into the new world title, and then I'd introduce a Cruiserweight Title, and perhaps reintroduce the Texas title as a lower belt.
-The fans don't like to see Michael Hayes as a tag team champion, since I'm pushing that as a midcard belt, and he's a main eventer. And they haven't defended the belt very often. So there will probably be a change there. One of the solutions to my bloated roster is use more full-time tag teams. So a revitalized tag team division is probably in the cards as well.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #270
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF OCTOBER, 1983

Storylines with participants, in order of current heat and date of origin:

1. Backlund/Hayes v. David; Based on Slater/Orton v. Flair, MACW 1983 (David, Backlund, Hayes; September)
2. Kevin v. Buddy (Kevin/Roberts; August)
3. Brody v. Destruction, Inc (Brody, Sheepherders, Adonis, Akbar; June (evolved from "Destruction, Inc. Reign of Terror Storyline)
4. Adias Hires Bounty Hunters to take out Manny (Adias, Manny, Bundy, Kabuki, Regal; October)
5. Iceman v. Adams (Parsons/Adams; October)
6. Landell and the Mexicans (Landell, Villanos, Keno, Gory Guerrero; October)
7. Fritz' last run (Fritz/Garvin; August)
8. Villano III mask challenge (Villano III, Kerry, Rheingans)

-The Fritz angle is clearly fizzling out. It'll be done soon
-Mostly as a note to myself, I need to edit the Brody angle, step #3 asks for an angle that doesn't exit. So I need to either add a conforming angle or edit the storyline
-The only midcard or higher guys that aren't involved in an angle: Koko, Eaton, Morton, Hector Guerrero. If we do have a new tag team division, Koko and Eaton have a chance to be at the very top of it.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-Bob Backlund (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Bruiser Brody (AJPW; Fri)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, 3rd Thu)
-Junkyard Dog (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-The Great Kabuki (MACW; Wed, Fri, 3rd Thu)

-Our only current conflict is Hayes & Backlund with our Thanksgiving Day Star Wars Show. So I move that show to Thanksgiving Eve, which creates a conflict only with Gary Hart (but does give us three shows in three days)

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

Ricky Morton is unhappy about how he's been pushed

-Manny was complaining last month about how many losses he took - glad to see that winning the Texas Rumble has shut him up.
-Morton's a midcarder, and I don't see him any higher than that. Maybe he doesn't like teaming with Mike.

Last edited by molson : 06-28-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #271
molson
General Manager

ROSTER: END OF OCTOBER, 1983

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
Bruiser Brody
David Von Erich
Michael Hayes
The Great Kabuki
Manny Fernandez

-My road agent definitely disagrees with my decision to build the company around David, and I came very close to putting the belts on Backlund at the last show. But he's staying on top for now. His loyalty can't be underestimated, he's our ONLY main eventer that works for WCCW exclusively, and thus we never have any fatigue issues with him. And of course, if I take take WCCW to the top, I'd like it to look somewhat like WCCW. Kabuki has re-signed, so hopefully, at age 38, he has at least one more big run left in him

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Adrian Adonis
Kevin Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich
Chris Adams
Buddy Landell
Buddy Jack Roberts
Brad Rheingans

-Landell and Rheingans don't "feel" like Upper Midcarders to me, but their stats say differently. But they both have a limited opportunity to impress. My road agent sees Adams as a midcarder, but as I've stated, he's a "WCCW Original" who've I've love to see if I can develop into a national star.

MIDCARDERS

Butch Miller
Luke Williams
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware
Steve Regal
Villano III
Jim Garvin
Ricky Mortion
King Kong Bundy
Iceman Parsons
Hector Guerrero

This group is filled with over- and under-achievers. Villano III, as I've stated again and again, has been nothing short of amazing. This will likely be his last month in the midcard. Koko and Eaton have been awesome as well. I read a random post on the DVD message board over the last week about how these guys were a "hidden treasure" of the 80s, who had a pretty dominating run in Memphis. That somehow inspired me to push them here.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Ken Mantel
Brian Adias
Mike Von Erich
Frank Dusek

-The only reason Ken didn't join his brother in unemployment is that he still has that written contract for $1,000/month for 3 more months. That's a pretty good bargain if I use him almost every show. But there's little chance he'll be there after that. Adias is still the lower card guy that gets in high profile angles. I'm sure the dirt sheets of the day are speculating that he has something incriminating on the Von Erichs. But, I figure the only way to develop new stars is to push them out of their league at first.

OPENERS

Tommy Rogers
Super Kendo
Villano IV
Villano V
Barry Orton

-The Mexicans should get a lot of ring time with the Buddy Landell Angle. They're certainly being given every opportunity to improve.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Al Perez

-Perez is a clear upgrade over our previous bottom of the roster guy, Johnny Mantel. He's only 23, and could certainly build into "something".

LOAN TALENT

Junkyard Dog
Gino Hernandez
Jim Duggan

-I don't have a real plan for any of these guys yet - except that Gino will probably wrestle David again, and JYD will definitely face off with Bob Backlund. My new house rule (loan guys can't have a losing record in their time with us), should mean a lot of draws, which is a realistic result.

OTHERS

Sunshine
Gory Guerrero
Skandor Akbar
Precious
Gary Hart
Bill Mercer
Harry Frehley
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-I'm officially kicking Harry Frehley out of the 3-man booth - he'll do interviews at house shows and pre-show segments. I've had 7 or 8 B+ rated matches, but haven't broke A- yet - I'm thinking that my match rating may be capped out with the skill of my current announcers. So mostly to test the waters at this point, I request negotiations with Gordon Solie, Rod Trongard (AWA), and Les Thatcher.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #272
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, November 1983
Orlando, FL. 683

-We return to the Southeast, mostly because I feel like I need a low-pressure show to get started again.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Iceman Parsons defeats Villano IV in 8:50 by pinfall. (D+) After the match, Iceman celebrates with the fans (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek defeats Barry Orton in 6:25 by pinfall. (D-)

-Bill Mercer comes out, and hypes tonight's advertised apperance of the WWF Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog. He says that tonight, JYD will be in action against a WCCW champion - the TV champion, Jimmy Garvin. (D+)

-Manny Fernandez defeats Al Perez in 6:21 by pinfall. Manny looked good. (D+). After the match, Manny hyped his match at the TV taping tomorrow night with King Kong Bundy - the first man who has accepted Brian Adias' offer of a bounty to put Manny out of commission. Manny says that if he has to, he'll go through every last man on the WCCW roster to get to Adias. (C-)

-Fritz Von Erich came out and hyped his TV title steel cage match tomorrow night with Jim Garvin. He tells the Orlando fans that that will be his final match as an active competitor. (C-)

-Fritz Von Erich defeated Super Keno in 2:52 by submission. (D). At the conclusion of the match, Jim Garvin jumps into the ring and attacks Fritz, in an obvious attempt to soften him up for the cage match tomorrow night. Fritz however, is able to fight back, and applies the claw to Garvin before the brawl is broken up. (D+)

-Adrian Adonis defeats Ricky Morton in 6:46 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Adonis grabs a mic, and says that he knows Bruiser Brody is backstage. Adonis said he has had second thoughts about rejecting Brody's challenge for a match, and is willing to take him on right now. Brody comes out to the ring, but he is followed closely by the rest of Destruction, Inc - The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar. The 4 surround Brody in the ring and beat in down. This was a trap orchestrated by Adonis. (D+) After dispatching of Brody, Destruction, Inc. cuts a lengthy promo, calling themselves the most dominate force in WCCW. (D)

-Villano III defeats Tommy Rogers in 7:31 by pinfall. (C-) The two showed good chemistry. After the match, Villano III and Gory Guerrero light cigars in celebration. (D)

-Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts come out to hype their upcoming title defense against Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton. They put over how the last time they came to the Southeast, they defeated Ware and Eaton, and don't expect any problems doing the same tonight. (C+)

-WCCW American Tag Team Championship Match
Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts drew with Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 15:00 when the time limit expired. Hayes & Roberts make their 4th defense of the tag team titles. Ware stood out with his good performance (C+).

-The WWF Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog came out, and said it's an honor to perform in from the Orlando fans (establishing himself as a face in WCCW). (C+)

-The Junkyard Dog defeated Jimmy Garvin 13:59 by pinfall. (C-)

Overall Rating: C-

THOUGHTS

-This didn't go as well as our first show in the Southeast, but our Southeast popularity still increases from 30.7% to 31.1%.

-I was a little disappointed in JYD's segment and match, considering he has pretty good overness in the Southeast. Perhaps it was stupid to use him anywhere but Texas, where his popularity is A+. But since he picked up the win tonight, I'm able to perhaps job him to Backlund on TV, and then give him a draw or win in his 3rd and final match under our contract.

-The tag title match also didn't live up to what those 4 guys did in Atlanta last month (where they delivered a "B" match). But the more ring time I can give Koko and Eaton the better.

-This was Villano III's lowest rated match with us (9 total matches), but he has absolutely zero overness in the Southeast at this point, so it's not a big deal.

-Otherwise, I'll disregard most of the ratings here, since we're on "foreign" territory, but before long, the Southeast should be a legitimate #3 region for us to run shows.

Last edited by molson : 06-24-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #273
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Joint Promotions out of the UK has agreed to meet with me regarding a potential buy-out. Joint Promotions is a Cult sized promotion, so their financial difficulties are a pretty big deal in the wresting world. Their current debts are $1,039,117, and presumably, it will take about that much to get the prestige boost of buying them out. (I offer as much as $250k, which is rejected). So that's way too much money for me - Joint Productions is likely to simply go out of business shortly.

-CWF (Florida) and CWA (Memphis) reject my attempts at buy-out negotiations, apparently they feel they're not dead yet.

-We're starting to have some big-time fatigue issues with the talent and their other commitments. No less than SIX workers tell me they're exhausted after the last show: Buddy Roberts, Jim Garvin, Adrian Adonis, Villano III, Bruiser Brody, and the Junkyard Dog. Obviously, Garvin has his big cage match coming up tomorrow. I'll try to give the other guys the night off.

Last edited by molson : 06-23-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #274
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 1, November 1983

-Pre-Show Segment
Buddy Landell comes to the ring with Villano V. Landell says that he's irritated with the way Gory Guerrero has treated his stable of Mexican wrestlers, and says that tonight, Villano V is teaming with him. Landell intends to show that Villano V can have success without Gory. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell & Villano V defeated Al Perez & Barry Orton in 6:37 when Landell made Orton Submit (D). Villano V seemed off his game. Perez was exhausted by the end of the match. After the match completed, Gory Guerrero comes to ringside with Super Kendo, and his son, Hector Guerrero. Gory is clearly upset that Villano V has taken this match without permission for Gory. When Landell tries to intervene, Gory, Kendo, & Hector attack Landell and Villano V, leaving them laying in the ring. (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ken Mantell defeats Frank Dusek in 4:18 by pinfall. (C). Mantel seemed off his game.

-As the show opens, highlights of the feud between Garvin and Fritz Von Erich are shown. (B-). Garvin comes out and hypes tonight's cage match with Fritz. Garvin says he can't possibly lose, he's ready, and that Fritz's retirement match is going to be a sad one for the Von Erich family. (B-). Fritz then hypes the match, saying that win, lose, or draw, he's proud of his career, but adds that he can't imagine going out with a loss to a punk like Garvin (B-).

-WCCW Television Championship Match
-Steel Cage Match (Classic Rules - Pinfall or Submission Only)
Fritz Von Erich defeats Jimmy Garvin in 5:50 by submission to win the WCCW Television Championship (C-). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Fritz emotionally celebrates in the ring with the title belt, where he is joined by a number of WCCW stars, including the entire Von Erich family, Sunshine, Ricky Morton, and Manny Fernandez. (B)

-Bill Mercer and Marc Lowrence announce that Manny Fernandez won the first annual Texas Rumble last week. (D+)

-Manny Fernandez defeats King Kong Bundy in 5:33 by pinfall, and Bundy is unsuccessful in earning Brian Adias' bounty (B-). After the match, Bundy makes a second attempt to claim the bounty, by coming into the ring and attacking Manny again. Manny, however, quickly foils the attack. (B-)

-Villano III defeated Ricky Morton in 10:40 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Gory Guerrero and Villano III announce an open challenge - if anyone can defeat Villano III 1-on-1, Villano III will permanently remove his mask. (C-)

-David Von Erich comes out to hype his upcoming title defense tonight against Michael Hayes. David also puts over his victory over Bob Backlund at the Texas Rumble, and jokingly thanks Michael Hayes for the assist (David won at the Rumble after Backlund accidentally hit Hayes with a chair) (B)

-WCCW American & Texas Heavyweight Title Match
David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 11:41 by DQ when Bob Backlund interfered. (B). David makes his 9th defense of the American Heavyweight Title, and 10th defense of the Texas Heavyweight Title.

THOUGHTS:

-A pretty solid show - it was a good move to run Garvin/Fritz first instead of last. Texas popularity remains 65.6%. Midwest popularity increases from 54.1% to 54.3%.

-This was the 5th 1-on-1 match between Hayes and Backlund. The best reached B+, but tonight reached only B, which was better than their last match, which only did a C+. David's reign with the Texas Heavyweight Title has reached 5-months.

-Has Villano III fallen back to earth? He delivers only a "C" rating with Ricky Morton tonight, which is is worst-rated WCCW match (not including the Orlando match with Tommy Rodgers). Since Villano III wrestled a "B" match with Morton just 2 weeks ago, I'll assume this is fatigue-related.

-The Bundy/Manny match and post-match angle went very well. Bundy has wrestled 28 matches for WCCW, and only two matches have reached B-. Both of them have been with Manny.

-The Fritz/Garvin "one last run" angle finally comes to a ring. The pre-match hype and post-match celebration angles were rated much better than the match itself, which is no surprise. The question for the next show is - will Fritz vacate the title and retire as planned, or change his mind about retirement?

-The Buddy Landell/Mexicans stuff has been limited to the pre-show so far, and with good reason, it's not generating any good ratings. But my road agent thinks that the Villanos are improving, so we'll keep going with it.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #275
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Landell arrived late to the last show. I skip the warning, and go right to the fine.

-Landell, Bundy, and Villano III all complain of exhaustion after the last show.

-Every TV network I requested negotiations with rejected me, saying I already have enough of a TV presence. Since I really want to get on national TV as quickly as possible, I take the drastic step of canceling my TV contract with my current network. It's likely we'll be without TV next week, unless something quickly comes up.

-Hulk Hogan only has a month left on his WWF contract, so I take a shot and request negotiations again. Roddy Piper appears to have had some sort of fallout with the WWF, and it's been reported that they won't offer him a deal when his contract is up in about 30 days. So I request negotiations with him as well.

-Gordon Solie is willing to talk with me, but he wants a steep $2,750 a show. I'm willing to pay him, but Fritz caps what I can offer at about $100/show less than that, so there's no deal. Mercer & Lowrence benefit from Fritz's stinginess.

-I do however make a signing - bringing in Japanese star Tiger Mask at a reasonable $1,875/show. Tiger Mask has great stats, he's one of the most talented wrestlers in the world, but he has close to zero overness in the United States outside New England. So he's a project, but he'll be the cornerstone of our soon-to-be-established cruiserweight division.

-Magic Dragon, who I cut loose not too long ago, will be out a month with an injury.

-Tommy Rogers and Jake Robers won a big tag team tournament with Georgia Championship wrestling, and have announced intentions to continue teaming full-time.

-Rod Trongard and Les Thatcher both reject my overtures for negotiation request. Trongard says it just wouldn't be a good career move, and Thatcher is loyal to SECW. So it looks like Mercer and Lowrence will continue to be the voice of WCCW, at least for now.

-Our final TV show with our current carrier gets a 0.78 rating - that matches our all-time high.

Last edited by molson : 06-23-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #276
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, November 1983
San Antonio, TX. 2,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich defeat Al Perez & Barry Orton in 5:12 when Kerry pins Perez. (C). Kerry's performance stood out. After the match, Kerry & Kevin cut a promo, hyping their team. (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ken Mantel defeats Steve Regal in 6:42 by Countout. (C) Regal remains champion.

-The new WCCW TV Champion, Fritz Von Erich, comes to the ring. He says that his steel cage victory over Jim Garvin was especially rewarding to him considering all it took for him to get back to this level. Fritz then officially announces his retirement, and states at this moment, he's vacating the TV title, and officially regaining his position as WCCW commissioner. (B). Fritz says that as commissioner, he's announcing an 8-man tournament to crown a new TV Champion. Participants will be announced in the weeks to come.

-Adrian Adonis defeats Mike Von Erich in 5:07 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Adonis grabs a mic and mocks Brody, claiming that he outsmarted him last week in Orlando, when Brody fell for Adonis' trap. Adonis says that Brody is out of his league, and that Sheepherder Luke Williams will embarrass him in their 1-on-1 match tonight. (C+)

-Bruiser Brody defeated Luke Williams in 6:48 by pinfall. (D+). Brody's injury took a big toll once again. The two showed poor chemistry. After Brody's victory, Butch Williams & Skandor Akbar hit the ring, attempting to attack Brody, but Brody easily fights them off. (B-)

-Villano III drew with Brad Rheingans in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (B-). After the match, Rheningans tells Villano III that he's accepting Villano's open mask challenge, and that the next time they face off, the world will see Villano's ugly face. (C-)

-Houston Championship Wrestling Star Gino Hernandez entered the ring. He states that last week, David Von Erich was just barely able to retain his titles on TV against him in a 20:00 time limit draw. Gino says that tonight, the time limit is a full 30:00 minutes, and that he probably won't need half that to win David's titles. (B+)

-David Von Erich then comes out and hypes the upcoming match with Gino. (B+)

-WCCW Texas & American Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich drew with Gino Hernandez in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (A+). David makes his 10th defense of the American Heavyweight Title, and 11th defense of his Texas heavyweight title. The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of psychology, and the announcing quality wasn't up to the standard of the match.

-After the match, Bob Backlund and Michael Hayes attack a weary David Von Erich. (B-). Backlund and Hayes are then seen arguing as the show ends (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS

-Holy Crap! I've run 65 shows in this dynasty before this one, delivering a handful of B+ matches, never able to break the barrier to A-. Tonight, out of nowhere, David and Gino Hernandez deliver an amazing A+ match. They carry the show to a terrific rating, and Texas popularity increases from 65.6% to 65.8%. Gino is a guy I'd obviously love to bring into WCCW full-time, but he's extremely loyal to Paul Boesch and Houston Championship Wrestling, as well as SWCW.

-The Bruiser Brody situation is depressing. He's only under contract for about another month and a half, and he's a shell of himself wrestling under his current injury.

-That was a nice little match between Adonis & Mike. Mike is still only 19. In real-life, he had no chance, but here, we're developing him nicely.

-It's weird to see Kerry & Kevin on the pre-show, but both have been unused on a number of shows lately, so I wanted to give them an easy win.

Last edited by molson : 06-23-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #277
BYU 14
Coordinator

Very impressive main event....especially one going 30 minutes. Gino and David both would have been huge stars for years if not for their untimely deaths.

BTW, I just finished watching the DVD documentary on the Von Erichs and the rise and fall of WCCW. One of the best Wrestling documentaries ever..Some really solid interviews with the likes of Gary hart, David Manning and Kevin, who you can't help but feel for, with all the tragedy he has endured in his life.....As many Demons as he has, he comes off as a very strong person, though obviously deeply scarred.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-23-2007 at 11:46 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #278
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Reports say that the WWF will let Jesse Ventura's contract expire in about a month wihout an offer. There were similar reports about Roddy Piper last week. Is WWF having financial difficulties? I try to request negotiations with Ventura, assuming an announcer role, but since he still considers himself a wrestler at this point, Fritz blocks any negotiation attempt because of Ventura's low resilience rating.

-Tuesday comes and goes with no TV taping, as we have canceled our show. Fortunately, all of the big national syndication carriers are willing to talk. There's 3 levels of national tv syndicators. The biggest one will give me a national show, but only one that airs at midnight. The smaller two carriers are willing to put my show at 11:00 PM. ESPN and TBS haven't responded yet. I decide to sign with the biggest possible carrier, and contract to have a 90 minute show on "US Syndication Big I", to tape on Tuesdays and air on Thursdays at midnight. The show will air all across the US, Puerto Rico, and Ontario. The show will premiere the first week of December, so we'll have a few more weeks without TV. This is the only the second "medium" level network to take on a pro wrestling program, joining TBS, who carries Georgia Championship Wrestling. And this is a bigger contract than either the WWF or AWA currently has, so this is quite clearly a huge deal for WCCW.

-Skandor Akbar's contract expiration sneaked up on me - it's up in 7 days. I re-sign him for another 9 months at $975/show, a raise from his current $600/show.

-Hulk Hogan has rejected my attempts to negotiate, and it appears he's staying with the WWF.

-Nikolai Volcoff has ended JYD's 7-month reign as Mid-South North American Heavyweight Champion. Of course, JYD still holds the WWF Heavyweight title, as well as 1/2 of the Mid-South Tag Team Championship, with Mr. Wrestling II.

-The Great Kabuki's contract with Mid-Atlantic has expired without any extension. Therefore, he's works for me exclusively, which is nice. His workload should increase.

-As the week ends, and I look forward to our national TV debut, WCCW signs a HUGE national star - Roddy Piper! Our timing was good, Piper and the WWF had a falling out, and Piper doesn't work for anyone else. So we bring him in for 18 months, at a huge $3,375/show, and 25% of all his merchandise sales. But his stats and popularity seem to justify it - Brody may be better known internationally, but Piper is, without question, our #1 guy in terms of USA popularity (he's particularly huge in New England, the Northwest, the Southeast, and the Mid-Atlantic - so he's a perfect fit for our national expansion, since we don't have much overness in those areas). His stats are off the charts: A+ in Mic Skills & Charisma, A in Psychology, Star Quality, and Intensity, B+ or B in almost everything else. He's the guy that can lead us to the next level. The only question is, how to bring him in? He can play a face or a heel.

-So it's been a pretty amazingly eventful couple of weeks in WCCW: Our first A+ match, a national TV deal, and the signing of Roddy Piper.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #279
molson
General Manager

-With the signing of Roddy Piper, I'm curious who the top stars in American are at this point, 7 months after the dynasty started. So here are the 15 wrestlers with a popularity rating of at least C+ in the USA as a whole, capping the maximum age at 40 (but in no particular order):

-Roddy Piper
-The Junkyard Dog
-Hulk Hogan
-Billy Graham
-Andre the Giant
-Ric Flair
-Dusty Rhodes
-Buzz Sawyer
-Don Muraco
-Sgt. Slaughter
-Terry Funk
-Larry Zbyszko
-Stan Hansen
-Antonio Inoki
Old 06-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #280
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, November 1983
Dallas, TX. 2,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton defeat Frank Dusek & Al Perez in 6:51 when Mike made Perez submit. (C-). Morton & Von Erich make their 2nd defense of the WWA tag team titles. Mike was tiring towards the end of the match, Perez was exhausted. Morton looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders drew with Bobby Eaton, Koko B. Ware & Ken Mantel in 7:48 by Double DQ when the referee lost control of the match. (C). Destruction Inc., makes their 2nd defense of their titles.

-Bruiser Brody defeated Hector Guerrero in 7:08 by pinfall. (C+). Brody's injury took a big toll. After the match, Brody took the mic and complained about Destruction Inc., - he says they took a title defense on the pre-show so they could get out of the building and away from him as soon as possible. (B-)

-Iceman Parsons defeats King Kong Bundy in 5:35 by pinfall. (B). Parsons looked off his game. Iceman grabs a mic, intending to do a post-match promo, but Chris Adams comes to the ring to confront him. Adams again warns Parsons to "just let this whole thing go" before he gets hurt. Adams tells Parsons he can have a fine career being the spunky underdog who always loses, but that Adams is destined for better things, and that's why he had to "fire" him as a tag team partner. (B-). Before long, an argument breaks out, as does a wild brawl. Parsons & Adams once again brawl all over the ringside area. (B-)

-Brad Rheingans comes out to hype his upcoming 2 out or 3 falls match with Villano III. If Rheingans wins, Villano III much take his mask off. (C-). Villano III then cuts a hype promo of his own. (C).

-Open Mask Challenge Mask: 2 out of 3 Falls
Villano III defeated Brad Reingans in 2 straight falls in 11:43 to keep his mask. (B)

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to the ring. He says that he is currently considering applications for the upcoming TV Title tournament. He says that the one man who is officially entered at this point is the former TV champion, Jimmy Garvin. Fritz then goes on to hype next Wednesday's "Thanksgiving Star Wars" event. He hypes the main matches: Bob Backlund v. David Von Erich (any titles either man holds by then will be on the line), and Kevin Von Erich v. Buddy Roberts (Kevin will leave WCCW for 1 year if he loses). Fritz then makes a major announcement - Thanksgiving Star Wars will mark the debut of WCCW's newest talent acquisition - Roddy Piper. (C+)

-Kevin Von Erich defeats Jimmy Garvin in 13:53 by submission. (B+) The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Kevin hyped his match with another Freebird, Buddy Roberts, at Thanksgiving Star Wars. Kevin says that his brothers have tried to talk him out of putting his WCCW career on the line, but Kevin said he had no choice - he's been miserable since Buddy defeated him on tv several months ago, and Roberts' constant mouthing off since then has made it worse. (B-)

-David Von Erich hyped his upcoming triple threat title defense against Bob Backlund & Michael Hayes. (B) Backund & Hayes then cut a promo, saying that the'll work together to eliminate David, and then find out who the better man is between themselves. (B)

-WCCW American & Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
-Triple Threat Match (One fall to a finish)
David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes and Bob Backlund in 13:43 by submission. Backlund & Hayes worked together most of the match, and ended up dispatching David to the floor. Then Backlund & Hayes faced off, with Backlund applying the chicken wing to Hayes. David recovered, broke up the hold, and then applied the claw to Hayes to get the victory. (A) David makes his 11th defense of the American Heavyweight Title, and 12th defense of the Texas Heavyweight Title.

Overall Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-This probably could have been my best rated show of all-time, but I made one big mistake, and didn't deliver an advertised Bruiser Brody v. Butch Miller match. Instead, I moved Miller to the pre-show for six-man tag title defense. (I had two titles defenses on the pre-show because today was the 30th day since the last defense of those belts - having one show a week while I wait for the new tv show to debut forced that move). Texas popularity remains 65.8%

-Still, some great stuff here. One show after my first A+ match, the triple threat main event scores an "A". I'm not sure what I'm doing differently, but I'll take it.

-Kevin and Garvin had their usual solid match. Garvin looks like a borderline main-eventer against the Von Erichs, and a main-eventer against everyone else.

-Iceman Parson's 34th match since the dynasty began, and King Kong Bundy's 29th match is his highest rated for both - a "B". I was also happy with the post-match Parsons/Adams segments. That feud seems to have some legs.

Last edited by molson : 06-24-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #281
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bruiser Brody is back at 100%, which is great news. We have about one month remaining on his short-term contract with us.

-The dirt sheets are high on the potential of Barry Orton, which is surprising.

-Ken Patera is the new AWA World Champion, defeating Baron Von Rasche, ending his 2 1/2 month reign.

-There's also a new WWF Intercontinental Champion, as David Schultz has defeated Larry Zbyszko, ending the latter's 4-month reign with the belt.

-Manny Fernandez signs with the AWA, but he considers us a priority over them as well as his other employer, Central States. So he might become yet another guy who has fatigue issues.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #282
Tellistto
College Prospect

Awesome stuff, molson! Looking forward to the rise in stature of the WCCW to what it should have gotten to in real life. The death of the Von Erichs was truly a devastating thing in the state of Texas all those years ago. I cherish my memories of some great shows from growing up down there.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #283
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, November 1983
Fort Worth, TX. 2,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Segment
Gory Guerrero comes out to the ring with 4 of his clients: Villanos IV and V, Super Kendo, and Hector Guerrero. Gory repeats his disappointment will all the men in the ring, including his own son. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Eight-Man Tag
Bobby Eaton, Koko B. Ware, Ken Mantel, & Buddy Landell defeat Hector Guerrero, Villanos IV and V, and Super Kendo in 11:03 when Eaton pinned Kendo. (C). Eaton looked good. Kendo was tiring towards the end of the match.

-Bruiser Brody defeats Butch Miller in 8:53 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Destruction attempts another post-match attack on Brody, and Skandor Akbar and Luke Williams hit the ring. Brody is again able to foil the attack. (C+)

-Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring to introduce the WCCW's newest signing, who will be making his in-ring debut at Thanksgiving Star Wars - Roddy Piper. (C+) Piper comes to the ring and gives a lengthy promo, introducing himself to the WCCW fans and establishing himself as a face. (C+)

-Iceman Parsons defeated Brian Adias in 5:41 by pinfall. (C-) The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Iceman Parsons produces a contract, and calls out Chris Adams to the ring. (C+) Parsons said that he just got the OK from Fritz to challenge Adams to a First Blood match at Thanksgiving Star Wars. (B-). Adams quickly accepts. (B-)

-The WCCW American Tag Team Champions, Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts hype their upcoming title unification match with the WWA Tag Team Champions, Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton. (C-).

Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts drew with Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton in 11:41 by double countout. (C). Hayes & Roberts looked good, and made their 5th defense of the titles. Mike & Morton make 3rd defense of the WWA Titles.

-After the match, Fritz Von Erich comes out and books a rematch between the two teams to take place next week. He orders that match will be no-DQ, no-Countout, and guarantees that the tag team titles will be unified. (C)

-Houston Championship Wresting start Jim Duggan comes out. He says that he's stopping by WCCW to take the guy he's told is the the biggest, meanest guy in the company - The Great Kabuki

-The Great Kabuki defeated Jim Duggan in 13:21 by pinfall after Gary Hart threw salt in Duggan's eyes. (B)

-Kerry & David Von Erich came out to hype their main event tag team match against Bob Backlund & Gino Hernandez. (B).

-Bob Backund & Gino Hernandez defeated David & Kerry Von Erich in 13:58 when Backlund pinned David. (C+) Gino looked good.

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-This was a disappointing show on a few different levels. Texas popularity decreases slightly from 65.8% to 65.7%

-The main event was very disappointing - Gino, Backlund, and David have all been involved in an A or A+ match recently. It's odd to think of Kerry as the weak link, but that what he seemed to be in this match. Kerry has had an odd run in the dynasty thus far. He started off as a main eventer, had that brief confrontation with David at the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament, was out injured for a while, and really hasn't done too much since he came back. Obviously, he hasn't been a part of any big feuds (he would have had a big role in the Freebirds v. Von Erichs feud if Gordy hadn't left), but he hasn't exactly stood out either. I'm starting to think if a Kerry heel turn might make sense.

-Roddy Piper's debut promo was also somewhat disappointing, but I guess it's important to remember that he doesn't have huge governess in Texas just yet. He'll just need a little time.

-The tag belts are on the verge of being unified, but I can't do it at Thanksgiving Star Wars because Roberts already has a match scheduled with Kevin. So I'm advertising Hayes/Garvin v. Mike/Morton for the WWA belts at the Thanksgiving show.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #284
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Last night's show was Gino's last with WCCW, as his loan deal has expired. Duggan and JYD are still around for 2 appearances each.

-Ric Flair's contract was ending with MACW, so I requested negotiations, but he has rejected me and will be staying with them.

-Our big spending continues, as I bring in Terry Funk for a short-term, 3 month contract at $3,150/show. We need all the big names we can get to kick off the national TV show. Terry Funk considers both MACW and AJPW priority companies, so he will largely be a "special attraction" type guy. Terry is known around the world, and probably has the best stats of anyone in the company - he has an "A" or higher in Brawling, Hardcore, Mic Skills, Charisma, Toughness, Basics, Psychology, Selling, and Respect. At 39 years old, he's already starting to wear down a little in his physical condition stats, so we'll have to see how much he can give us.

Last edited by molson : 06-24-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #285
molson
General Manager

WCCW: THANKSGIVING STAR WARS
Wednesday, Week 4, November 1983
Dallas, TX. 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Tiger Mask comes to the ring and hypes his upcoming debut match with Villano III. (C-).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tiger Mask and Villano III wrestled to a 15:00 time limit draw. (B+)

-Harry Frehley interviews Mike Von Erich and Ricky Morton about their WWA tag team title defense tonight against Hayes & Garvin, as well as the scheduled tag team title unification match with Hayes & Roberts scheduled for next week. Mike and Morton said that they're the underdogs in every match they wrestle, and they're still the champs. (C-)

Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin defeat Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton in 7:45 when Hayes pinned Mike. Hayes and Garvin with the WWA Tag Team Championship. (C+). The performance of Hayes stood out. Mike was tiring towards the end of the match.

-After the match, Buddy Roberts comes out to the ring to join Hayes & Garvin in the celebration. The Freebirds, as a trio, now control both tag team championships in WCCW. (C+)

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to introduce the first 4 participants in the 8-man tournament to crown a new TV champion. The first 4 participants, Fritz explains, are the 4 men on the current roster who have held the title in the past: Buddy Roberts, Iceman Parsons, Brian Adias, and Jimmy Garvin. (C)

-Chris Adams came out to hype his upcoming First Blood match with Iceman Parsons. He says he regrets that it had to come to this, but Parsons just doesn't know his place. (C+). Iceman Parsons then gave his own hype promo. (C+)

-First Blood Match
Chris Adams drew with Iceman Parsons in 9:23 when the referee was knocked unconscious, only to find both men bleeding when he awoke. The match was hurt by a lack of psychology. (C).

-Roddy Piper defeated Hector Guerrero in 12:07 by submission. (B). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, for no particular reason, Piper picks a fight with Gory Guerrero at ringside, then beats him up. (D+).

-Bill Mercer hypes the upcoming "Career Challenge" match between Kevin Von Erich & Buddy Jack Roberts. If Kevin loses, he's out of WCCW for 1 year. (C). Kevin Von Erich then hyped the match. (B-). Buddy Roberts then gave a pre-match promo as well. (C+)

-Kevin Von Erich defeated Buddy Jack Roberts in 12:57 by submission. (A+).

-David Von Erich came out to hype his upcoming title defense against Bob Backlund. David says he knows Bob has had his number of late, pinning him in tag team matches, etc. He says this match will be a huge challenge. (B). Bob Backlund then hypes the match, still wearing his replica WWF Heavyweight Title Belt. He says that tonight, all the belts will be unified, and he'll stand on top of WCCW. (B)

Bob Backlund defeats David Von Erich in 30:31 by pinfall to with the WCCW American & Texas Heavyweight Championships. (B). Michael Hayes interfered during the match on behalf of Backlund, and then Kerry made an apperance to even the odds. In the end, it was Kerry's interference that backfired, costing David the match. The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-After the match, Bob Backlund celebrates wildly in the ring with his 3 championship belts.

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS;

-Solid show, our Texas popularity increases from 65.7% to 65.9%.

-I knew Kevin and Buddy would have a solid match, but I sure as hell didn't anticipate an A+. Wow. It's clear that you can get a huge benefit from slowly building up an angle, and then advertising the blow-off match a month in advance. Everything clicked there. Kevin has clearly established himself as the #2 Von Erich

-Backlund wins the titles, after getting the better of David for a couple of months now. I always expect a little more from these guys though - they've wrestled 1-on-1 5 times now, and have never rated better than B. Backlund will unify the titles and be the first "WCCW Heavyweight Champion".

-Pretty good debut for Piper. He's a potential babyface challenger for Backlund's title.

-Iceman/Adams was a little disappointing, but these guys have never done better than C+ against each other.

-Tiger Mask and Villano III both have huge futures in WCCW. It was great to see that like Villano III, Tiger Mask's great stats compensated for limited popularity in the region. Once these guys get better known, the sky's the limit.

-The Freebirds now control both tag team championships. Since Hayes is sill a main eventer, he's not a great fit for either tag team championship (and now he's a co-holder of both). This will all straighten out eventually, but for now, the belts are unified, and the "Freebird Rule" is in effect.

Last edited by molson : 06-24-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #286
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Tiger Mask has left New Japan, meaning he works with us exclusively. I wish I could say I'll run him into the ground now, but with our bloated roster, that won't be possible. I'll take another look at doing some roster cuts at the end of the month.

-Curt Hennig defeated Rick Martel to win the AWA TV title for the 2nd time.

-It looks like Andre the Giant will be gone from the WWF in about a month. Fritz won't let me talk to him because of his low reliance rating, so he'll be Japan-exclusive at least for now.

-Joint Promotions in the UK has officially become the second casualty of the dynasty, as they've gone out of business. Most of their roster will probably try to find work with the surviving UK promotion, All-Star Wrestling, and it doesn't look like any of them considering crossing the Ocean at this time. The major UK names who would eventually come over to the US (Finlay, Steve Regal, Dave Taylor) all work for All-Star. It's hard to believe those three guys still work for the WWF after being already fairly well known in the UK 25 years ago.

-7 guys on the roster are entering their last month on their contract: Brody, Lowerence, Hart, Roberts, Parsons, Adias, and Dusek. So worker costs are probably about to go up again.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #287
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We need to see Funk vs Brody in a No DQ match while you still have the Bruiser.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #288
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
We need to see Funk vs Brody in a No DQ match while you still have the Bruiser.

Without really intending too, I've assembled a pretty violent roster (Brody, Funk, Manny Fernandez, The Sheepherders). The problem is, my "product appeal" settings under Fritz have a pretty low "hardcore" rating, so my fans can't stomach too much blood. (That doesn't mean they're not getting bloody Funk v. Brody matches anyway)
Old 06-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #289
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-After reviewing the financials for the last month, and looking over my bloated roster, I force myself to make a few cuts. So tonight's show will be the last in WCCW for the following:

Gory Guerrero - $1,875/show
-He's just way to pricey for what he's given me as manager of mostly low-level Mexican talent. And he doesn't have great chemistry with our #1 Mexican star, Villano IIII. I'd like to bring in a cheap Mexican replacement, but all the old guys down there want big money, because they're considered "icons" in Mexico. So I make offers to few other potential managers. Perhaps it's time to try Ken Mantel or Frank Dusek as a manager.

Steve Regal - $1,200
-For a while, I had visions of Regal winning the Texas Rumble, and challenging David to a unification match. But with the new talent coming in, Regal just doesn't measure up. He'll either lose the WWA title tonight, or the belt will become a wrestling footnote. He had a decent 3 1/2 month run with us, with a record of 15-5 (mostly against jobbers on the pre-show)

Brad Rheingans - $1,850
-Brad is also too pricey for what he brings to the table. Buddy Landell is cheaper, younger, and better all around. Brad was only with us 2 months, with a record of 2-2-2

Hector Guerrero - $1,325
-Without Gory, there's not much use for Hector, who is also way overpriced in the midcard when I have cheaper options on the heel side. Hector's only with us about 6 weeks, with a record of 1-4.

Last edited by molson : 06-25-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #290
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF NOVEMBER, 1983 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Popularity in Texas 65.9% (Up from 65.6% last month)
-Popularity in Midwest 54.3% (Up from 54.1% last month)
-Popularity in Southeast 31.1% (up from 30.7% last month)

This is the first time that my popularity has gone up over the course of the month in Texas, so we've finally leveled off there. Of course, starting this month, our tv show goes national, so these regional ratings become less relevant. Still, these 3 regions will be considered our "home area" - and we'll continue to take a closer look at people with popularity in those places. The next big step up "national status" is a big jump away - that requires over 71.0% in 8 of the 10 US regions, and at least 30% in the other 2. The race to national is on, and whoever gets there first will have a huge advantage (most importantly, the ability to sign guaranteed, written contracts).

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 290,464 (492,932)
Sponsors: 65,309 (76,601)
Merchandise: 16,318 (13,858)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 176,712 (237,829)
Show Costs: 59,500 (100,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 36,423 (37,894)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 108,093 (148,586)

Total Profit: $-78,637 ($-41,418)
Cash in Bank: $879,903 (958,540)

-This was a transition month, were we were without TV after the first week, and we ran only 6 shows, instead of the usual 9. Still, it's a little alarming how much money we're burning through. I'm assuming the national TV show will help the bottom line. But I lost $20k on merchandise alone, so I downloaded or merchandise quality from "above average" to "standard". I hate to downgrade anything in terms of quality while we're trying to move up, but that's a huge expense. Worker costs are going to be a huge problem with the star power we have now - it's telling that our we spent 25% more on talent this month than the first month of the dynasty, yet we ran 33% fewer shows.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #291
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of November, 1983

-Texas Heavyweight Champion - 96.7% Prestige (up from 93.9% last month)
Main Event Title
Bob Backlund (New Champion)

-American Heavyweight Champion - 78.3% Prestige (up from 75.4% last month)
Main Event Title
Bob Backlund (New Champion)

-Television Champion - 61.0% Prestige (down from 61.5% last month)
Midcard Title
Vacant

-American Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Midcard Title
Buddy Roberts & Michael Hayes - 5 title defenses, 3-month reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders - 2 title defense, 6-week reign

-WWA Heavyweight Championship - 69.4% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Steve Regal - 7 title defenses, 4-month reign.

-WWA Tag Team Championship - 61.4% Prestige (Up from 60.8% last month)
Midcard Title
Michael Hayes & Jim Garvin (New Champions)

-I didn't realize it until now, but WCCW now as all heel champions. The longest reigning WCCW champion is now Steve Regal, and he's being fired tomorrow. He also hasn't defended the title in over a month. So one of 3 things is going to happen at Monday's show: He's stripped of the title, he's simply ignored and the title retired, he loses the title to someone. If he loses it, it either stays the WWA title for a while, or it's renamed the Cruiserweight title or something.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #292
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF NOVEMBER, 1983

Storylines with participants, in order of current heat and date of origin:

1. Backlund/Hayes v. David; Based on Slater/Orton v. Flair, MACW 1983 (David, Backlund, Hayes; September)
2. Kevin v. Buddy (Kevin/Roberts, now evolved to include Mike/Garvin/Mercer; August)
3. Brody v. Destruction, Inc (Brody, Sheepherders, Adonis, Akbar; June - evolved from "Destruction, Inc. Reign of Terror Storyline)
4. Adias Hires Bounty Hunters to take out Manny (Adias, Manny, Dusek, Kabuki, Funk; October - evolved to replace Bundy and Regal with Dusek and Funk)
5. Villano III mask challenge; (Villano III, Kerry, Tiger Mask; October - evolved to replace Rheingans with Tiger Mask)
6. Iceman v. Adams (Parsons/Adams; October)

-No new angles recently, but a number of them have been freshened up with new participants due to some comings and goings.
-Brody v. Destruction Inc. has been dying a slow death with Brody's injury, so that will be wrapped up soon. Hopefully Brody/Adonis will at least give us a quality match. Not sure what to do with Brody after that.
-Adias' bounty hunters angle is reshuffled, the current plan is to use Terry Funk as one of the guys trying to take out Manny, which should deliver a great match.
-After Villano III and Tiger Mask tour the house down on the pre-show of November Star Wars, they get a program together, where Kerry Von Erich will play only a supporting role.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Bruiser Brody (AJPW; Fri)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, 3rd Thu)
-Junkyard Dog (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Roddy Piper (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Terry Funk (MACW, AJPW; Sun, Thu, Fri, 4th Sat )

-I've scheduled this month's big show Christmas Star Wars, for Wednesday of week 4, meaning our only conflict is Gary Hart with that show. A bigger issue than conflicts of course, is the non-WCCW workload of guys. A guy like Terry Funk could potential wrestle up to 5 nights a week.

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Jim Duggan is unhappy about how long it's taken to use is loan contract appearances
-JYD is unhappy about how long it's taken to use his loan contract
appearances
-Manny Fernandez is unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows
-Steve Regal is unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows
-The Great Kabuki is unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows

It was bound to happen, our roster got so bloated that people are getting annoyed that they're not getting used. Hopefully, the 3 wrestlers we're firing today, as well as the 2 soon to leave after their loan contracts will up will help alleviate things.

Last edited by molson : 06-29-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #293
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF NOVEMBER, 1983

MAIN EVENTERS

Michael Hayes
Bob Backlund
Roddy Piper
Terry Funk
Bruiser Brody
David Von Erich

-Piper and Funk will debut as Main Eventers, and Kabuki and Manny leave the group.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

The Great Kabuki
Manny Fernandez
Kevin Von Erich
Buddy Roberts
Kerry Von Erich
Chris Adams
Adrian Adonis
Buddy Landell

-This is a pretty bloated group that will be competing for ring time. Manny and Kabuki were just the victim of the new talent coming in. Kevin and Roberts aren't too far from the main event scene, after their tremendous feud . Landell hasn't done much yet, I'm relying on my road agent who says he belongs at this stature. But he's barely been off the pre-show yet.

MIDCARDERS

King Kong Bundy
Ricky Morton
Koko B. Ware
Butch Miller
Luke Williams
Jimmy Garvin
Bobby Eaton
Villano III
Tiger Mask
Iceman Parsons

-Villano III and Tiger Mask are the rising stars here, I'm hoping their current feud propels both of them to Upper Midcard by early 1984. Koko and Eaton have been excellent, but they've been without any angles for a while, just lost in a numbers game.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Frank Dusek
Ken Mantel
Brian Adias
Mike Von Erich

-Same group as has been in place for the last several months. Two young guys, and two guys nearing the end.

OPENER

Tommy Rogers
Super Kendo
Barry Orton
Villano V
Villano IV

-The Villanos have lost their manager, Gory, but they'll continue on as a jobber tag team. Barry Orton and Tommy Rogers may start teaming as well, though I'm unsure I'll ever be able develop either into a star.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Al Perez

LOAN TALENT

Junkyard Dog
Jim Duggan

-I need to get these guys out of here so I can focus on my new stars. Both have 2 shows to go. JYD has won his 1 match with us, so there's a good chance we job the WWF Champion on our national TV debut.

OTHERS

Gary Hart
Sunshine
Precious
Skandor Akbar
Bill Mercer
Harry Frehley
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-I could really use a 3rd heel manager, but there's nobody that really stands out on the current roster. Frank Dusek and Ken Mantel are possibilities, but neither guy would be much help on interviews. But the guys with those skills will cost more than I want to spend.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #294
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, December 1983
Kansas City, MO. 1,000; SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Brian Adias comes out with Gary Hart, who is carrying a briefcase. Both say they have been dissapointed with the response his open bounty for Manny Fernandez has received. As a result, they say, they are increasing the bounty amount to $100,000, to whoever can put Fernandez out of action. Hart again calls the bounty an "act of self-defense". (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias defeats Barry Orton in 6:45 by pinfall. (C-) The two showed great chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Sheepherders defeat Tommy Rogers & Ken Mantel in 4:44 by countout. (C-)

-Tiger Mask defeated Hector Guerrero in 12:44 by pinfall. (C+)

-Harry Frehley interviews Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton. Frehley points out that tonight's match with Hayes & Roberts was supposed to be tag team title unification match, but Mike & Morton lost their WWA tag titles to Hayes & Jimmy Garvin at Thanksgiving Star Wars. Mike & Morton say they've surprised the Freebirds before, and that they better not look past them tonight. (D+)

-Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts hype their upcoming American Tag Team Title Defense. Hayes says the fact that he is currently a tag team champion with two different Freebird partners proves he's a better leader than Terry Gordy ever was. (C-)

Ricky Morton & Mike Von Erich upset Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts in 7:54 when Mike pinned Hayes with a handful of tights. Morton & Mike win the WCCW American Tag Team Championship, the 3-month reign of Hayes and Roberts ends (C). Roberts looked good.

-Fritz comes out to the ring, saying he has several announcements. First, he says that Bruiser Brody has been petitioning for a match with Adrian Adonis for quite some time. Fritz says that since Brody has now defeated both Sheepherders, he will grant that match if Brody can defeat the remaining member of Destruction Inc., Skandor Akbar, tonight. That match, Fritz says, will be Hardcore Rules, no countouts, and no DQs. (C)

-Fritz then said that after careful consideration, he has selected the final 4 competitors that will take part in the 8-man tournament to award the vacant TV title: Kerry Von Erich, Manny Fernandez, Chris Adams, and Kevin Von Erich. (C-). Thus, the participants in the tournament are:

Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Manny Fernandez
Iceman Parsons
Chris Adams
Brian Adias
Buddy Roberts
Jimmy Garvin

-Fritz says that 1st-round matches will be arranged randomly, with the first match to take place tomorrow night at the tv taping.

-Before Fritz, can continue, he is interrupted by the WWA Heavyweight Champion, Steve Regal. Regal gets in Fritz' face, complaining about the "low profile" WCCW has given him and the WWA title. Fritz says he respects former WWA Dick the Bruiser a great deal, and he agrees with Regal. (C-) Therefore, Fritz says he's booking a "higher profile" match for the WWA Title: Steve Regal v. Manny Fernandez, to take place right now. (C) Regal's face shows that his plan has backfired.

Manny Fernandez defeats Steve Regal in 8:49 by pinfall to win the WWA Heavyweight Title. (B). The two showed great chemistry.

-Skandor Akbar comes out with Adrian Adonis, who is trying to psyche Akbar up for his Hardcore Rules match with Bruiser Brody (D+)

-Hardcore Rules (No DQ, No Countout)
Bruiser Brody defeats Skandor Akbar in 6:48 by pinfall. (C-). Brody looked good, Akbar was tiring towards the end of the match. Brody overcome interference from the rest of the members of Destruction, Inc. throughout the match. Brody then cuts a promo, hyping that tomorrow night, he'll finally get his hands on Adonis. (C+)

-David Von Erich came out to the ring to hype his upcoming title match with Bob Backlund. David said he makes no excuses for losing the titles at Thanksgiving Star Wars. (B-)

-WCCW Texas & American Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Bob Backlund in 14:58 by DQ when Backlund got caught using an illegal weapon. (B). Backlund retains his titles. After the match, David challenges Backlund to face him again at the TV taping tomorrow night. David tells Backlund that if he agrees to the match, and retains his titles, David will agree not to challenge for the titles ever again as long as Backlund is champion. (B). Backlund accepts (B-).

THOUGHTS:

-A very good rating considering we didn't have the expense of many of our top stars. Midwest popularity increases from 54.3% to 54.7%.

-Backlund v. David will have one more match tomorrow night, the winner of that match will officially unify the titles and become the first "WCCW Heavyweight Champion". At this point, I'm not even sure that will be the main event, because for our national TV debut, I might try to go for something that will exceed the "B" that these guys give me.

-Steve Regal's last match with us is his best by far, a "B" with Manny Fernandez. I would have liked to keep Regal, but we just have too many bodies. Manny's title win fulfills the "midcard title victory" guarantee of his contract. I haven't decided whether he will actually acknowledge the belt after today, or whether it just goes away, or transforms to something else.

-I know the frequent title changes in the tag title scene have been a little Vince Russo-ish lately, but we're in something of a transition period. To recap, Mike and Ricky Morton are now the WCCW Tag Champs. Hayes & Garvin are the WWA Tag Team Champs. There will probably be a unification match shortly. Mike is now a 3-time tag team champion, before the age of 20.

Last edited by molson : 06-28-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #295
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Backlund & Brody are exhausted. This will take some steam out of their matches with David & Adonis, respectively, at the tv taping tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #296
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (TV TAPING)
Tuesday, Week 1, December 1983
Dallas, TX. 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Crap. Terry Funk and Bruiser Brody are working elsewhere tonight, I guess their schedules have either changed since I went over conflicts a few days ago, or I just screwed up. Brody is advertised for a match, which will ding the overall rating. Technically, I could go into the advance booking screen and just replace Brody with someone else, but that seems like a cheat, and that's one of my 2 house rules.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano III defeats Tommy Rogers in 7:43 by pinfall. (B). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Villano III celebrates his victory in the ring. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Six-Man Tag Team Match
Tiger Mask, Mike Von Erich, & Ricky Morton defeated Villanos IV, V, and Super Kendo in 5:34 by pinfall. (C-). Tiger Mask looked good.

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated The Sheepherders in 7:58 when Eaton pinned Miller. (B-)

-A highlight package of the feud between Bob Backlund and David Von Erich is shown: Backlund's debut, his early unsuccessful title challenges, his subsequent domination over David in tag team matches, David retaining the belt in controversial fashion, and finally, Backlund defeating David. It is announced that whoever holds the belts at the end of the night will be declared the very first "WCCW World Heavyweight Champion", and that if David can't win the title, he won't get another shot as long as Backlund is champion. (B+)

-Fritz Von Erich comes out with Adrian Adonis, who looks very happy. Fritz announces that Brody is not in the arena tonight, and he has not heard from him. As a result, the scheduled match between Adonis and Brody will not take place. However, Fritz says that Adonis is contracted to wrestle tonight, and he wrestle against a substitute opponent. Fritz books a match for tonight, Adonis vs. the WWF Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog. Adonis looks pissed (B-)

-Jim Duggan comes out to hype his upcoming match with King Kong Bundy. (B)

-Jim Duggan defeats King Kong Bundy in 4:34 by pinfall. (B+) The match suffered from the lack of selling, and from the lack of psychology.

-Bob Backlund gave a promo, hyping his upcoming match with David Von Erich. (B)

-JYD came out, hyping his upcoming match with Adrian Adonis. (B-)

-Junkyard Dog defeated Adrian Adonis in 11;41 by DQ when Skandor Akbar interferred on behalf of Adonis. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to hype the beginning of the 8 man tournament to crown a new WCCW TV Champion. The participants have already been announced: (Kerry, Kevin, Parsons, Manny, Adias, Adams, Roberts, Garvin). Tonight, Frtiz says, he has previously drawn two names at random to face off in a first round match: Kerry Von Erich and Buddy Roberts. (C+)

-WCCW Television Championship Tournament Match - 1st Round.
Kerry Von Erich defeated Buddy Roberts in 11:46 by pinfall to advance in the tournament. (B+) The two showed good chemistry.

-David Von Erich hypes his upcoming title match with Bob Backlund. (B)

David Von Erich defeats Bob Backlund in 18:38 by submission to regain the Texas and American Heavyweight Championships (A+). David wins the Texas Heavyweight Title for the 7th time. Once again, the match featured interference by Michael Hayes on behalf of Backlund, and then Kerry Von Erich on behalf of David. This time however, the interference led to David's title victory.

-After the match, Fritz Von Erich comes down to the ring with a title belt. He officially awards the belt to David, crowing him the first "WCCW World Heavyweight Champion". The Texas & American Heavyweight Belts have been unified. (B+) Finally, David take's Backlund's replica WWF title belt from ringside, and destroys it with a hammer. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B (The show increases our overall popularity)

THOUGHTS:

-An amazing show, hindered only by the Brody no-show.

-After peaking with a "B" rating in the past, Backlund & David amaze me with an A+ effort. This was the climax and final match of their feud, so the fans were very into it.

-Officially, the Texas Heavyweight Championship is now the WCCW Heavyweight Championship, and it will retain the old belt's lineage. The American Heavyweight Title is retired.

-Kerry & Buddy kicked off the TV Title tournament because I knew they worked well together. And as it turns out, the B+ is Kerry's highest match rating since the dynasty began.

-JYD/Adonis was pretty awful, and what's worse, I wasn't able to put Adonis over (as I wanted to), because JYD has a creative control clause as a part of his loan contract, apparently, and he refused to do the job. At least he gave me a decent interview segment.

-Jim Duggan had a terrific match with King Kong Bundy - the B+ is Bundy's best match rating with us in 30 total matches. I never though Duggan would help me out more than the WWF champ, JYD, but that's been the case so far. Both guys have one more show left on their loan contracts. Duggan is 1-1, so he can either draw or lose, while JYD is 2-0, so I can job him in his last match, (though he's probably only willing to lose to a main eventer).

-Weird - Tommy Rogers and Villano III wrestled about a month ago, and they delivered a C- match. Tonight, they get a "B". Villano's becoming better known in the states. This was the best match ever by far for Rogers.

Last edited by molson : 06-29-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #297
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Backlund and Villano III report exhaustion after the last show.

-It turns out AJPW had a big tag team tournament the night of my TV taping, which is why Brody and Funk weren't available. I don't see any other conflicts for the rest of the month.

-Villano III has signed with New Japan. He still considers us his priority company over both NJPW and UWA, but his fatigue issues have just increased.

-Our TV Show delivers a 0.53 rating. That seems low, but we are on at midnight. I don't have a sense of what our carrier is expecting in terms of TV ratings, so we'll just try to improve.

-I requested negotiations with a number of wrestlers, specifically the guys who's contracts are expiring this month: Brian Adias is resigned for another 9 months at $450/show. That's still a bargain, but quite a raise from his old $100/show deal. Frank Dusek is re-signed for another 9 months for a more modest raise - $524/show v. his old $400/show deal. Marc Lowrence also gets a new deal with a raise, at $1,425/show, extending his old deal of $900/show

-I talk to Kamala's manger, "Friday", but he doesn't bring much to the table, and wants $700/show, which I turn down. He would only be worth it at a dirt-low price. I also talk to retired Mexican Star Enrique Torres as a potential new manager for Villano III, but he wants WAY too much money (even more than Gory was making), so he's turned down as well.

-I then do sign an potential 3rd heel manager, old friend Arman Hussein, who returns to WCCW at $1,250 show. He'll probably manage the lower heel guys, while Hart & Akbar compete for the top guys. I also bring in Boris Malenko, who is fairly expensive, (about $2k/show), but he brings much more to the table than Gory Guerrero in terms of Charisma, mic skills, and popularity in American. I'm not sure he'll stick with us, but he's an option for now. I also consider Killer Kowalski for a heel manager role, but he wants a little too much money, and is mainly known in the northeast, outside of our southern stronghold.

-Gary Hart is re-signed for a bargain $950/show. As is Iceman Parsons for $850/show (a raise from his current $500/show, but still a pretty good deal). $3200

-Finally, Bruiser Brody is willing to sign another 3-month deal with us, at a very pricey $3,400 show, and 10% of his merchandise sale. That's a modest raise over his current. $3,200/show. He hasn't been worth the money yet, but hopefully I can have a few completely healthy months with him.

-Roddy Piper has officially left the WWF, and he works for us exclusively. I made him the offer in the first place because of his falling out with the WWF - he should see a heavy workload from us going forward. Meanwhile, the WWF has made offers to David and Kerry, but I'm confident those offers will be rejected.

-Buddy Roberts has refused negotiations with me for the time being, citing his focus on negotiating an extension with AWA. Roberts' contract is up in 3 weeks, and at this point, I have no idea whether he's willing to re-sign or not. But I've never received that specific email message before regarding a talent, so thing's aren't looking good. He'd be a big loss.

-Florida Championship Wrestling (which may be on it's last legs), as a new Heavyweight Champion - Dusty Rhodes, who ended Kevin Sullivan's 2-month reign. Rhodes is now the holder of both the Florida and NWA Heavyweight Championships.

Last edited by molson : 06-29-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #298
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
-Florida Championship Wrestling (which may be on it's last legs), as a new Heavyweight Champion - Dusty Rhodes, who ended Kevin Sullivan's 2-month reign. Rhodes is now the holder of both the Florida and NWA Heavyweight Championships.

I'm playing the game using Florida Championship Wrestling and I'm not at all suprised that they're going under. Their roster is fairly solid to start out, but they have so many bad contracts and such limited money to start that without a lot of work the promotion runs itself into the ground quick.

Still reading. Still a great dynasty.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #299
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, December 1983
San Antonio, TX. 2,000; SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ken Mantel defeats Al Perez in 6:09 by pinfall. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Harry Frehley interviews Ken Mantel. (D-)

-As the show opens Bill Mercer and Marc Lowrence announce to the crowd that David Von Erich defeated Bob Backlund last week to become the first WCCW World Heavyweight Champion. The WCCW Texas and American Heavyweight Titles have been retired. (D+)

-Frank Dusek comes to the ring and challenges Manny Fernandez to a match later tonight. He says he plans on cashing in the $100,000 bounty offered by Brian Adias and Gary Hart. (C-). Manny Fernandez comes out (wearing the WWA Heavyweight Title Belt that he won last week), and quickly accepts the challenge. (C)

-Fritz Von Erich comes out and hyped WCCW's debut on national television last week. He says now is a period of transition for WCCW, with the retiring of two singles titles, and the crowing of the first WCCW World Champion. He then says he has a further announcement - as the result of the frequent tag team title changes amongst the two tag team championships in WCCW (WCCW American and WWA), he's made the decision to retire those titles as well, and crown a new, WCCW World Tag Team Champion. Fritz announces a 6-team tournament to take place over the coming week. The current two champion tag teams: Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton, and Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin will have first round byes. He announces the tournament pairings as follows: (B)

-Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton
-BYE

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware v.
-The Sheepherders

-Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin
-BYE

-Kerry & Kevin Von Erich v.
-The Great Kabuki & King Kong Bundy

-Kevin Von Erich defeats Luke Williams in 7:37 by submission. (C). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Kevin Von Erich, who jokes about Buddy Robert's failure to defeat him at Thanksgiving Star Wars, as well as losing the tag team titles to Mike Von Erich and Ricky Morton. (C+)

-Manny Fernandez comes out to hype his upcoming match with Frank Dusek. (C-). He also announces that Fritz Von Erich has told him that the WWA Heavyweight Championship is being retired as well. He says it's honor to be the last WWA champion.

-Manny Fernandez defeats Frank Dusek in 8:12 by pinfall. (C+). Manny looked good. Dusek is unable to collect Adias' bounty.

-David Von Erich defeated Villano IV in 9:37 by submission in a non-title match. (C) David looked good.

-Chris Adams defeated Bobby Eaton in 14:42 by submission. (D). Two had poor chemistry. After the match, Adams expressed his frustration with the recent stretch of double-disqualifications and other draws against Iceman Parsons. He repeats his quest to defeat Parsons decisively. (B)

-Terry Funk comes out, making his first WCCW apperance. He cuts a lengthy promo putting over his heel status, and also hypes his match tonight with the WWF champion, the Junkyard Dog. (A)

-Terry Funk defeats the Junkyard Dog in 13:39 by pinfall. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-An OK show, I'm really trying to bear down and limit the financial losses this month, so the show lacked a lot of big stars.

-The highlight of the show was Terry Funk's promo. He's a great fit for us - if I can continue to afford him. Funk v. JYD wasn't great, but at least it carried us to a C+ overall rating. Before that, the fans weren't overly into very much on this show.

-I gave Chris Adams and Bobby Eaton a ton of time, and they stunk up the joint. Very disappointing, and I tend to blame Adams rather than Eaton for that.

-Frank Dusek is a guy who's going to get a lot more ring time this month, as I try to cut back on costs. If he can be carried to C+ matches in the lower part of the card, I'll be very satisfied.

-I vacated another 3 championships tonight, so at the end of the restructuring of the title situation, here's what we're left with:

WCCW World Heavyweight Champion: David Von Erich
WCCW World Tag Team Champions: Vacant, 6-team tournament pending
WCCW Television Championship: Vacant, 8-man tournament ongoing
WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship: Destruction, Inc.

-I'll probably add a lower singles title down the road (either a Cruiserweight Championship, or a regional title)

Last edited by molson : 07-01-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #300
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Jesse Ventura has joined the list of wrestlers who have left the WWF. He currently works only for Houston Championship Wrestling.

-The Junkyard Dog finally completes his 3-show loan contract with us. He wins the first 2 matches, then happily jobs to a debuting Terry Funk.