Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > FOF MP Commish Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2004, 07:21 PM   #51
Dutch
"Dutch"

This is how 3ric did it. I do it almost the exact same, and you can sort of make up yours from these instructions.

1. Go to your universe directory (i.e. H:\Games\FOF2004\universe)
2. Create a folder called "CFL" and a folder called "NFL" (the "CFL" folder will be your MP folder for the CFL and the "NFL" folder will be your single player folder with the NFL team names and cities.
3. Now copy the current "frfoot.fcy" and "frfoot.fni" files from your "UNIVERSE" folder into your "CFL" folder.
4. The tricky part now is getting the old files from your original cities and nicknames list. These should have been backed up. If you did that, copy those to your "NFL" directory. If you didn't, you will need to recreate them within the game (or have somebody send them to you). Anyway, once the game looks like the NFL cities and nicknames are right, copy those two files ("frfoot.fcy" and "frfoot.fni") into the "NFL" directory.
5. Next on the list is getting your logos in the right folders. Put the "CFL" logos (the *.bmp files 1-33) that mckerney and the gang put together and put them in your "CFL" directory.
6. Put your "NFL" logos (*.bmp files 1-33) into your "NFL" directory.

Now that you have done that, you have all the files in the right spot. Next up is making a batch file that will move the files around everytime you load the game. It's not hard, just cut and paste. So let's move on.

7. Right-click on your desktop and select "New-->Text Document".
8. When that opens up you want to copy 3ric's code from above verbatim into the text document.

Quote:
copy universe\cfl\frfoot.fni universe\
copy universe\cfl\frfoot.fcy universe\
copy universe\cfl\*.bmp pictures\
start frfoot2004.exe

9. Click the "Save as" for this file and name it "CFL.bat" (you may need to change the "Save as type" to "Any file" and leave encoding as default. Then you want to copy this file into your directory that frfoot.exe file is (your FOF2004 home directory)

10. Repeat steps 7-9 but exchange CFL with NFL and use the following 3ric *.bat code.

Quote:
copy universe\nfl\frfoot.fni universe\
copy universe\nfl\frfoot.fcy universe\
copy universe\nfl\*.bmp pictures\
start frfoot2004.exe

Now, when you run the "CFL.bat" file, it copies all the files associate with the CFL into FOF2004 and starts the game. You are now in MP heaven. And when you run the "NFL.bat" file, it copies all the files associated with the NFL into your FOF2004 and starts the game. Now you are in Single Player heaven.

That's all, looks like a lot, but it's simple, and now you know what a batch file is and does.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #52
JeeberD
General Manager

Awesome...thanks Dutch! I don't have time to do it right now, but it looks like it's simple enough for me to do without any problems...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #53
JeeberD
General Manager

I just got around to doing this. Thanks so much 3ric and Dutch! It was so simple yet will make the game so much better...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:03 PM   #54
3ric
College Starter

Dutch, thanks for helping Jeeber out, I missed his question...
Old 01-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #55
Dutch
"Dutch"

No sweat, I just saved you some typing and Jeeber some sanity. I feel better too.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:06 PM   #56
Stevebsfan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Can anyone confirm that "participants" cannot save their turn and come back to it later before exporting? It appears from my preliminary testing that "Save Game" has no effect for participants. If you come back later, all your changes are gone. Is this accurate?

I am having the same problem. When I switch from Commish to Participant, I cannot save any changes I make to my roster. I must make all the changes at once, then export my stage file. If I don't export, and I close the game, I lose all the changes I made. Is this an known issue? Thanks!
Stevebsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:06 PM   #57
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Yes, this is a known issue.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 PM   #58
Stevebsfan
n00b

Thank you!
Stevebsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't seem to have an frfoot.fcy file. Do I need this for this batch method to work? (It would seem so from the directions.) Can someone please send me the frfoot.fcy file?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #60
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I don't seem to have an frfoot.fcy file. Do I need this for this batch method to work? (It would seem so from the directions.) Can someone please send me the frfoot.fcy file?

I'm right there with you, I cannot find this file for the DEFAULT cities. I have it for the custom ones, but that's not the problem.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #61
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
I'm right there with you, I cannot find this file for the DEFAULT cities. I have it for the custom ones, but that's not the problem.
http://www.fof-ihof.com/upload/VPI97/frfoot.zip
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 01:19 PM   #62
jbmagic
Pro Starter

hi

if your in an online league and also play solo, do you need to create the .bat file to switch between online league and solo if we use the same cities and teams for both solo and online?

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #63
Joe
Pro Starter

not if theyre the same cities and team names
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:21 AM   #64
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i am in two multiplayer league.

i have a question 3ric .bat instuction.

do i put the league files from both league that i download in the same league folder?

and what about boxscores, what happen if both online league uses a boxscore with the same #?

because boxscores goes in the league folder.

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #65
gbeats
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
This is how 3ric did it. I do it almost the exact same, and you can sort of make up yours from these instructions.

1. Go to your universe directory (i.e. H:\Games\FOF2004\universe)
2. Create a folder called "CFL" and a folder called "NFL" (the "CFL" folder will be your MP folder for the CFL and the "NFL" folder will be your single player folder with the NFL team names and cities.
3. Now copy the current "frfoot.fcy" and "frfoot.fni" files from your "UNIVERSE" folder into your "CFL" folder.
4. The tricky part now is getting the old files from your original cities and nicknames list. These should have been backed up. If you did that, copy those to your "NFL" directory. If you didn't, you will need to recreate them within the game (or have somebody send them to you). Anyway, once the game looks like the NFL cities and nicknames are right, copy those two files ("frfoot.fcy" and "frfoot.fni") into the "NFL" directory.
5. Next on the list is getting your logos in the right folders. Put the "CFL" logos (the *.bmp files 1-33) that mckerney and the gang put together and put them in your "CFL" directory.
6. Put your "NFL" logos (*.bmp files 1-33) into your "NFL" directory.

Now that you have done that, you have all the files in the right spot. Next up is making a batch file that will move the files around everytime you load the game. It's not hard, just cut and paste. So let's move on.

7. Right-click on your desktop and select "New-->Text Document".
8. When that opens up you want to copy 3ric's code from above verbatim into the text document.

9. Click the "Save as" for this file and name it "CFL.bat" (you may need to change the "Save as type" to "Any file" and leave encoding as default. Then you want to copy this file into your directory that frfoot.exe file is (your FOF2004 home directory)

10. Repeat steps 7-9 but exchange CFL with NFL and use the following 3ric *.bat code.

Now, when you run the "CFL.bat" file, it copies all the files associate with the CFL into FOF2004 and starts the game. You are now in MP heaven. And when you run the "NFL.bat" file, it copies all the files associated with the NFL into your FOF2004 and starts the game. Now you are in Single Player heaven.

That's all, looks like a lot, but it's simple, and now you know what a batch file is and does.

Does this process work for FOF2K7 too? I've just started making plans to have a fictional MP league of my own, but as its my first time doing this, I have no idea where to start (although I do have 32 team names now & I am working on helmets / logos!)

I dont want to change the names of my teams in my SP leagues, so wanted to make sure I could use this process before enterring my fictional team names.

Any help would be much appreciated....
gbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #66
Dutch
"Dutch"

I currently am using 3ric's old batch process for 3 MP leagues and my SP league. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #67
Kitridge
n00b

Hey guys,

Kinda late to the discussion and all... I'm running the FOF2K7 league with a friend of mine and we're very early into it. How does one handle free agent signings for injuries?

I had a CB who was out, so I did like in SP and went to the free agent pool and signed a new one. I was told I'd put an offer in, and that I'd find out the results next turn. Great, but now I was short a player on my roster... I went to export, and I was warned that my team was incomplete if I was to export now and the AI might have to intervene with my team... Nothing I could do, so I exported. The commish (me) imported the files and simmed the next week. Now, my FA claim went through fine, but the AI reset my depth charts on me so they were all messed up...

What's the proper way to deal with this? Should I have imported both teams' files, not simmed and just exported again with the new CB on my team so I could adjust depth charts prior to simming the week? Is there an easier way to do that without having the AI take my meticulous plans and rewrite them or spending 3 or 4 imports not simming if many FA's during the season are to be signed?

Thanks
Ryan
Kitridge is offline   Reply With Quote