Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
mpejkrm
n00b

Dallas Cowboys Football.

Hi everyone! New to the game and new to the forums, but not new to doing dynasties. I see a lot of the dynasties here are non-FOF so I decided I'd post one about FOF. Hopefully I can get through many decades in this, it should be fun. Here we go!

mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
mpejkrm
n00b

Reserved 1
Old 11-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
mpejkrm
n00b

Reserved 2
Old 11-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
mpejkrm
n00b

Reserved 3
Old 11-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
mpejkrm
n00b

Reserved 4
Old 11-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
mpejkrm
n00b

Reserved 5. Post!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
mpejkrm
n00b

Cowboys' Jones Steps Down, Hires Collins as GM

DALLAS -- One of the more shocking moves in recent memory in terms of front office turnover in the NFL went down today, as not only did longtime Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones step down from his front office spot, he also chose to hire a nearly complete unknown to replace him.

Mitch Collins is a 26 year-old from Minneapolis, Minnesota, who has spent the last three years working in the front office for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Considered a Special Assistant to General Manager David Caldwell. He is a 2011 graduate of the University of Minnesota with a degree in Sport Management. Collins grew up in Minnesota and played football in high school in Connecticut. He also played ice hockey.

Jones and Collins have scheduled a press conference for later today at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
mpejkrm
n00b

Press Conference with Jerry Jones and Mitch Collins

Jerry Jones: Hello everyone and welcome to AT&T Stadium. Today, the Dallas Cowboys are pleased to announce the hiring the third General Manager in team history, Mitch Collins. Mitch is a very bright young mind who we have no doubt can lead our organization in the right direction. I'll hand it over to Mitch now.

Mitch Collins: Thanks, Jerry. I'm very excited to get going. This organization truly has a global appeal, they aren't known as "America's Team" for nothing. It's always been my dream to be a General Manager in the National Football League, and to finally reach my dream for such a storied organization is truly a dream come true.

Reporter: Jerry, what prompted your sudden decision to step down and move in a new direction in the front office?

JJ: I'm not the same young mind I used to be, and I think it is time for a new General Manager to come help me with personnel decision. I will still maintain the final call over all transactions and roster moves, but it is good to have a second mind at the head of football operations.

Reporter: Mitch, how prepared are you with the hiring so sudden and the pre-season just about to begin?

MC: I've been working with the front office for about two weeks now before the official announcement, just to get a look over the roster and get ready for this season. We feel we are almost ready to announce our 53-man roster right now. We feel that pre-season results won't really change who we have in mind for this upcoming season.

Reporter: Mitch, any news on extension talks with Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray?

MC: They are ongoing and we are hoping to get them wrapped up before the end of the pre-season. Obviously we don't want to see either of them go but they both want a lot of money so we will have to careful with our spending while still trying to retain them. All signs point to deals getting done.

JJ: That will be all for today. Thank you all for coming out today. We look forward to this week's game against Miami.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
mpejkrm
n00b

Dallas Cowboys Preliminary Pre-season 53 man Roster

Old 11-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #10
mpejkrm
n00b

Pre-Game: Miami at Dallas

Old 11-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
mpejkrm
n00b

Cowboys Fall to Miami in Pre-season Opener

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Miami Dolphins scored 20 unanswered points in the last 20 minutes of the game and the Dolphins rolled to a 34-15 win over the host Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium this weekend in pre-season action.

Brandon Weeden took the ball for most of the game for Dallas, and finished with 15 of 33 completions, no touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and a longest pass of 12 yards. Tony Romo scored the only touchdown of the game for Dallas with a 4-yard run in the second quarter. Dan Bailey hit two field goals and Sean Lee forced a safety for the other scoring plays.

For Miami, Knowshown Moreno's 94 yard run late in the 3rd quarter sparked a 20-0 run, followed by a 91-yard interception return by Jordan Tripp and two field goals from Caleb Sturgis. Moreno also had a seven-yard touchdown run in the 2nd quarter. Moreno finished the day with 164 yards on 20 attempts.

The Dolphins attempted just 16 passes, completing ten allowing one interception on the day. Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore split the passing attempts for Miami, with 9 for Tannehill and 7 for Moore. Miami's offensive line also went to work as they allowed zero quarterback sacks from the Cowboys.

Dallas visits Oakland next week in more pre-season action.

(Sorry about some of the choppiness, I posted this to another forum and just made it into screenshots because it exceeded the character limit here. I also removed participation stats because who really cares about that. If you care strongly just say so and I will post participation stats.)
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #12
mpejkrm
n00b

Dallas Loses Secondary Depth to Injury

Two Cowboys picked up injuries in the first game of the pre-season against the Miami Dolphins: Rookie cornerback Tyler Patmon has a high ankle sprain and will miss approximately 3 weeks, while 5th-year safety Barry Church will be out with torn knee cartilage, and will miss at least the rest of the pre-season and possibly the first week or two of the regular season.

These are significant losses for Dallas, who is lacking in secondary depth. Now, at safety, the Cowboys are left with just J.J. Wilcox, a third round pick in 2013, and Jeff Heath, a 3rd-year player who was signed as an undrafted free agent from Clemson. Wilcox recorded four solo tackles against Miami last weekend while Heath recorded two and had two passes defended.

Patmon recorded two tackles in last weekend's loss to Miami, while Church lasted just three snaps before being taken off. At cornerback, the Cowboys still have depth with veterans Brandon Carr and Orlando Scandrick, former undrafted 4th-year player Sterling Moore and former 6th overall pick Morris Claiborne, who hasn't worked out as expected but can still get some snaps in.

To replace Patmon and Church, who were de-activated, the Cowboys activated Tyrone Crawford, a 3rd-year defensive end from Boise State, and Cameron Lawrence, a 3rd-year linebacker out of Ole Miss. Both are expected to suit up and play against Oakland this weekend.

In other news...

Old 11-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #13
mpejkrm
n00b

Pre-Game: Dallas at Oakland

Old 11-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #14
korme
Go Reds

Just a heads up. You can print those roster views to file and use the code tags to put them in your post. Probably easier than screenshot, copy and pasting.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #15
korme
Go Reds

But really liking the twitter integration. Keep it up
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
mpejkrm
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Just a heads up. You can print those roster views to file and use the code tags to put them in your post. Probably easier than screenshot, copy and pasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
But really liking the twitter integration. Keep it up

Thanks for your comments. Screenshotting the roster views is not a big issue - it's the box scores that take a while. I wish the character limit wasn't as small here, so I could post the HTML, or maybe I just did it wrong. I'll try it again.

Again, thanks for your comment!