Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2005, 06:10 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Waiting For FM2K6: Izulde's New WWSM 2K5 Dynasty

Okay, so I'm dying to get FM2K6, but hell, it's not even at my parents' house yet, let alone on its way here to me on campus.

So with that mind I'm going to start a WWSM2K5 game to tide me over until then.

Is this going to kick ass like FrogMan's dynasty? Umm... no. Probably not. After all, this isn't a CK dynasty I'm doing.

So yeah, the leagues:

England: All
Scotland: All
Spain: All

13 leagues in 3 countries. I wanted a small database as possible so I don't get arsed by slow sim times.

So uh, what team to take? I'm thinking English Conference North/South side.

Aw yeah, there we go! Lewes Rooks! Love the name and love the badge.

Tim Moungey
American
06/16/79
Favourite Club: Normally this would be Venezia, but I didn't load in the Italian leagues.

We're expected to fight bravely against relegation. Lovely. Oh well, at least there's no pressure there then.

.... We have 0 goalkeepers. NONE! No wonder we're expected to battle against the drop. Sheesh! Well, I know what's first on my list to do then.

My best defender is injured for two months and the second best defender is a guy we've got on loan. The picture is looking more and more grim here.

We've got a 17 year old AML who is a dribbling maestro. The problem is I want to run my team that's based on a lot of passing and the best guy here has a 9. Yeah, I'm in trouble. I wish the 17 year old was valued at more than $2k, because he looks TT for the right system.

There's a 30 year old guy listed as a striker who has 10 passing and 15 Off The Ball. How can I move him to midfield where I think he's better suited without taking a huge penalty?

Also, Frogman, how do you get those nifty charts to go up? The only thing I can think of to do is Print Screen, which to me seems tedious and time-consuming, not to mention bandwidth excessive.

I figure you guys out there can help me shape my team better than I'd be able to.

I know I want to run a passing style offense that's not focused on man-to-man marking, but rather a zone style defense, if there is such a term for it in football/soccer.

I used the 3-4-3 to great success in my youth soccer coaching days, so that' what I'm leaning towards replicating here, though I'm also open to some zany, cool formations.

So any ideas on what formations to use or what to look for in players of what I'm trying to do? What tactics to set up?

For now, I'm going goalkeeper hunting.

The sad part? We have an effing friendly TODAY.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

I throw a 29 year old DC in goal and train him to be a GK. We lose 2-0 in Southend in our first friendly as I wind up going with a 3-2-2-3 formation and then switch to a 3-2-5 formation in the second half. We got our chances but couldn't convert.

Man, this team SUCKS. The goalie I went after, they want $44k for over the next 2 years as a cost of our not paying up front.

Head. Wall. Bang.

Maybe I should start over with a Conference North/South team that has all their positions filled?

Any recommendations guys?

Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Also, Frogman, how do you get those nifty charts to go up? The only thing I can think of to do is Print Screen, which to me seems tedious and time-consuming, not to mention bandwidth excessive.

do you mean one like that?
KEEPERSdepthPositionAgeaercoacomecchankiconerefruspunthrposjumbra
Jentzsch, Simon1GK31131414914121717141214141716
Rossi, Generoso2GK28121313715141213131513121213
Day, Chris3GK321312127119121614774137
Morgan, Dean4GK19121211314121010361212107
Cole, JakeGK2191112611810131210781015
McCoy, JamieGK1812733105765854412

If so, they come from an excel spreadsheet I have put together and that works in conjunction with FM Scout. PM me an email addy and I can send you a copy...

The gameday lineups are from the in-game printing thing (through "options", "Print screen", web page).

All other graphics come from simply hitting the print screen key on my keyboard, then pasting to IrfanView, then cropping and saving to disk...

FM

FM
Old 11-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Okay thanks. I'm going to restart this one and go with a different team, I think.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

So I started over, this time with just the English and Spanish clubs listed. I took Droylsden in Conference South. The Bloods have a pretty good GK and an amazing striker named Robbie Talbot.

There's a couple other promising young fellows too, one of whom I transfer listed immediately. Are striker and forward interchangeable in WWSM? Argh, there's so much I can't remember about this game.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Are striker and forward interchangeable in WWSM? Argh, there's so much I can't remember about this game.

I always look at how a FC is described in his profile. If it strictly says "striker", I tend to play him more up top than anywhere else, but if it says "forward" or as for Bonaventure Kalou, "flamboyant forward" , I play hims about as much at AM as striker...

I've also seen some FR or FL described as "winger"...

FM
Old 11-01-2005, 08:13 AM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I always look at how a FC is described in his profile. If it strictly says "striker", I tend to play him more up top than anywhere else, but if it says "forward" or as for Bonaventure Kalou, "flamboyant forward" , I play hims about as much at AM as striker...

I've also seen some FR or FL described as "winger"...

FM

Okay because I've got an SC up top, but it lists the field position as FC and it's as far up as you can go.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Does having a larger database result in more players matching what you want when you search?

Right now I'm trying to find DR guys with good positioning to play my Offside Trap scheme, but nobody I can get is coming up... and I'm playing with a Small database.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:08 AM   #9
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
do you mean one like that?
KEEPERSdepthPositionAgeaercoacomecchankiconerefruspunthrposjumbra
Jentzsch, Simon1GK31131414914121717141214141716
Rossi, Generoso2GK28121313715141213131513121213
Day, Chris3GK321312127119121614774137
Morgan, Dean4GK19121211314121010361212107
Cole, JakeGK2191112611810131210781015
McCoy, JamieGK1812733105765854412

If so, they come from an excel spreadsheet I have put together and that works in conjunction with FM Scout. PM me an email addy and I can send you a copy...

The gameday lineups are from the in-game printing thing (through "options", "Print screen", web page).

All other graphics come from simply hitting the print screen key on my keyboard, then pasting to IrfanView, then cropping and saving to disk...

FM

FM

Not to get off-topic, but how do you take your work in excel and transfer it to the HTML code that's necessary to post it here?
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz
Not to get off-topic, but how do you take your work in excel and transfer it to the HTML code that's necessary to post it here?

Simple copy/paste straight from Excel to here, but you have to be using the "WYSIWYG" interface (go to User CP, Edit Option, in Miscellaneous Options, as your editor interface, select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing")...

Very simple, really.

FM
Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #11
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Simple copy/paste straight from Excel to here, but you have to be using the "WYSIWYG" interface (go to User CP, Edit Option, in Miscellaneous Options, as your editor interface, select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing")...

Very simple, really.

FM

Thanks FM...much appreciated!

Good luck with the dynasty Izulde...I'll be reading!
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:36 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz
Thanks FM...much appreciated!

Good luck with the dynasty Izulde...I'll be reading!

Thanks.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Okay, I started creating a table in Excel, but it's proving so time consuming that I'll just give a general positional rundown instead.

Goalkeepers

We have one on the whole team, Paul Phillips. He's not too bad, 26 years old with 10s and 11s in most GK important abilities. The 4 in handling has me a little wary, though. 6 in aerial, too.

Defenders

Stuart Howson looks pretty damn good for a 22 year old at this level. A DL/C, he'll anchor the middle for me for now and I look for him to be a long-term Blood. Gary Burke is a starting DC and the old man of the team. Still got real good skills and will probably stay back there. Carl Regan is only starting at DR because I have no one else at the position. Danny Warner is a curious hybrid of D/AM L and sets up on the left side, where I imagine he'll stay. I'm not overly impressed with him either, but he's better than the other options. Gavin Salmon is a 17 year old kid called up from the Reserves for the friendlies. Extremely aggressive and works his ass off like nobody else on the team, I'm eyeing him as the heir apparent to Burke.

Midfielders

Gareth Morris and Neil Hall are both veteran guys who are starting at MC, simply because there's nobody else really to slot there. They both suck hobbit snot. Ian Fitzpatrick slides in at AML and is young, though presently not too impressive, even thoug he's the second best midfielder on the team. Steven Brodie is a veteran and probably our best mid. AMR is where he'll line up. Clearly a need area for upgrade on the team all around, unlike GK and D where I'm relatively happy. We have a few other guys here, but I'm just going to stick with the starters for now, because I'm feeling lazy.

Strikers/Forwards

David Cameron, Robbie Talbot, and Jody Banim all look pretty good to me. Talbot is definitely the star of this squad, but the other side beside him in our 4-2-2-2 formation is up grabs. Banim and Cameron will fight it out throughout the friendly season.

We're supposed to shoot for a midtable position. I have no idea what tactics I want to try and run here, so for now I'll just leave everything at the default.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

Our first game is against Reading, some Championship League team. AKA, we gonna get our asses kicked.

GK Phillips
DL Warner
DC Howson
DC Burke
DR Regan
MC Hall
MC Morris
AML Fitzpatrick
AMR Brodie
FC Talbot
FC Banim

In the first few minutes of play, we actually get a couple shots on goal, including a beautiful chance after a lovely cross by Talbot to Banim, but the Reading goalie just punches it out.

Then, 15:42 in the first half Talbot goes down with an injury and has to come off. Fuck!!!!

In goes Cameron way, way, way too early.

By halftime, we're down 2-0, thanks to Forster for Reading chipping a shot in for one and making a dazzling cross to one of his teammates for the other one. 20 bucks says he's MoM.

But then, in minute 48... Banim gets a booming pass sent his way. Banim cross to Fitzpatrick recross back to Banim who knocks it in. 2-1.

Reading adds a late-minute goal to make it 1-3 and that's what we lose by.

Ratings
7s all around, with 6s to Burke and Phillips. Morris picked up a hit too. Lovely.

Talbot is thankfully out for only 3 days. Morris is out for 2 weeks, though. Looks like some tactical adjustment is in order then.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Glen Murphy, a backup AML gets hurt in training and is out for 3 weeks. Great, just great. But on another front, there's help on the horizon for our MC quagmire. More on that to come.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

Up next is Hitchin Town. They're not listed as being from anywhere so they're down in some non-important league. I predict we'll ass-kick.

DL Warner
DC Burke
DC Howson
DR Regan
ML Lee
MC Hall
AML Fitzpatrick
AMR Brodie
FC Talbot
FC Banim

0-0 at the half despite some beautiful chances by us. Ugh.

Yes!! In minute 75, Brodie hits a free kick for a goal! 1-0!

I throw in a few subs and depsite some harrowing moments, we come on top with the 1-0 win.

All 7s except for Phillips who had an 8 in goal and Salmon with a 6 coming off the bench.

Nice to get the first win there then!

Old 11-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

Northwich Victoria, a Conference National team, is up in our next friendly. I decide to give Salmon the start for the hell of it.

GK Phillips
DL Warner
DC Burke
DC Howson
DR Regan
ML Lee
MC Hall
AML Fitzpatrick
AMR Brodie
FC Talbot
FC Banim

Ugh! 0-0 at half, despite *tons* of chances we have to convert. Very, very frustrating!

And 0-0 is where it ends up at by the final whistle. All 7s except for Hall, who had an 8. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Salmon. He'll likely get some more starts in the friendlys as I evaluate whether or not he should be the top man or occassionally a spell starter.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

WTF?! Paul Osborne, this MC I really, really, *really* wanted, who I thought for sure would sign with me, went to effing Bamber Bridge?! A team that's not even in Conf N/S play?!

There goes that great MC I was hoping to get. UGGGGGHH! Hate this game.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

Glenavon, a Northern Ireland side, up next. Lineup is the same.

0-0 Halftime score again. Both sides have gotten a few chances but not converted, though Glenavon looked like they were going to have one there.

Yes!!! At minute 80:45 Robinson, on in place of Talbot, takes a feed from Fitzpatrick and heads it in for the 1-0 lead!!!

And that's how it ends up. The ironic part? Robinson is actually a DC that I put in at SC by mistake. He was supposed to be Cameron.

A mixture of 8s and 7s on our side, save for Burke who got a 6. Fitzpatrick won MoM honours, the first for our side.