Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
Joe
Pro Starter

Sacramento Dragons: Clawing Our Way Back

With the CFL beginning its 2008 season tomorrow, its time for another dynasty. First, a little background:

I became GM of the Sacramento Dragons franchise during preseason of the 2007 season. The team was (and still is) facing quite the cap crunch. Forced to run with a 46-48 man roster for most of the season and unable to sign a majority of our draft picks (which weren't that good anyway), we pressed on. With a good QB at the helm in Seymour Barre, but lacking a receiving corps worth a damn, the offensive philosophy had to change. So I turned to the veteran offensive line and a RB, Alexis Rounds who has the ratings to be one of the best in the league, but never quite lived up to his potential in his 4 previous seasons in Sacramento, with his highest yardage output being 1,169 yards, 4.23 ypc, and 9 TDs in 2004. I decided early on to run the offense through him, and minimize the passing game.

The season started off well enough. After losing a 34-30 shootout in week 1 to division rival Huntington Beach, we reeled off 8 straight wins, including defeating 2-time defending champions the Honolulu Blue Pacific. With Rounds leading the league in rushing, we were right on track to where we wanted to be. And then.... the wheels fell off. Whether it was the offense being too predictable, an old and banged up offensive line, or the nagging injuries to QB Seymour Barre and key offensive players, Sacramento took a gigantic nose dive. When all was said and done, we managed to lose our final 7 games of the season to end at 8-8. Of those 7 games, 5 were decided by a touchdown or less, as the team seemed to run out of gas near the end of the season.

The one bright spot of 2007 was RB Alexis Rounds, who proved that he belonged at the top of the RB list. He led the league in rushing with 1,939 rushing yards, along with 14 TDs on the ground, and 37 receptions for 387 yards, all personal bests. Rounds was named the 2007 Offensive Player of the Year and All-League 1st team RB. Other Dragons receiving awards were Danilo Biddle (All-League 1st team Guard) and Craig Fecteau (All-League 2nd team Tackle).

As you might expect, Rounds' ground-breaking performance came in a contract year. And with the franchise strapped for cash, we were unable to extend him due to his demands of a 4 year, $35 million contract. So we will be slapping the franchise tag on Mr. Rounds. The main objective of this offseason will be to make our finances managable, and to bring in a few WRs to fill out the offense to give Rounds a little support. If we are able to accomplish this goal, expect us to become a challenger in the San Andreas division of the CFL. Once Rounds is franchised, we will be roughly $6 million over the salary cap, with 42 players under contract. So some magic will need to be worked if we are to bring in any impact receivers. But the first order of business will be signing coaches and scouts, which begins tomorrow!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

With the beginning of staff hiring upon us, I come to realize that not one of my current staff has a contract, they have all expired. Let's take a look and see if there's anyone worth keeping around.

Scout Victor Lyden: Top skills are excellent at offensive linemen and linebackers; very good at quarterbacks and running backs. Career record of 28-21, and is seeking a contract of $570,000 with 3 years.

OC Roosevelt Ford: Top skills are excellent at young talent and quarterbacks; very good at running backs, receivers, and offensive linemen. He has been with the organization for 3 seasons, and has a career record of 48-36. Seeking a contract of $4.6 million with 3 years. He would be a coach I want to keep around.

DC TJ German: Top skills are very good at young talent; good at defensive linemen, secondary, and linebackers. He is the only coach to have been with the organization since the beginning of the league, posting a 49-33 record. He is seeking a contract of $3.69 million with 3 years. Of all my coaches, he is the one I would be least sorry to get rid of. There are ample replacements for him I'm sure. But for the others... not so much.

HC Terrance Story: Top skills are excellent in injury avoidance and defensive playcalling; very good in discipline. He has been with the team for 3 seasons, with a career record of 52-30. Seeking a contract of $4.48 million with 3 years. I'd really like to keep this guy around, his high marks in injury avoidance and discipline are nice to have.

However, my team owner has put limits on staff spending this season. So we will have to play the waiting game and see if these coaches (and possibly others) will accept what we can offer. While I'm not sold on the importance of coaches in this game yet, they must play some sort of important role (right?). So we will see. It is worth mentioning that our owner has stiffened up because we have a hard time making money. Here is our financial history:

2007: -$82,590,000
2006: -$93,210,000
2005: -$54,300,000
2004: -$75,070,000
2003: +$4,040,000

It doesn't help that we have the worst stadium in the league (rated a 7), and very low support for a new one. But we have submitted a stadium propsal regardless, as support for the team itself happens to be near the top (rated a 96). So that's where we stand at the moment.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
Joe
Pro Starter

Phase 1 of Coach Hiring has been complete, and the results are in:

Scout Victor Lyden has left Sacramento for greener (or colder) pastures. He accepted a $700,000 contract for 5 years with the Denver Dynomite franchise. Denver just claimed the 2007 CFL Championship, so I can't really blame him. Good luck to Victor as we search for a new scout.

HC Terrance Story has signed a contract extension with us for $4.9 million and 3 years. He is the coach I wanted to keep more than any of the others, due to his high marks in injury avoidance and discipline. So that has been accomplished for us today.

There is no word yet on OC Roosevelt Ford, whom we made a contract offer to. Nobody else has bid on him yet, so maybe he will return to coach the Dragons yet again. We also decided not to make an offer to DC TJ German at this point. We have made an offer to Adrian Winslett of the Tampa Bay Torpedos franchise. The difference with him and German is negligable, but we like his skills of excellent with secondary, and very good with young talent. Much like Ford, nobody else has bid on him.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
Joe
Pro Starter

Phase 2 of Coach Hiring is now complete, and we have added another member to our staff:

OC Roosevelt Ford will be returning to the Dragons, as he agreed to a contract worth $3.73 million and 3 years. We look to be in good shape as far as coaches go, with both Ford and Story returning to the franchise.

But, we still do not have a DC or scout. For the 2nd straight day, there has been no decision from DC Adrian Winslett. We are still the only team to make an offer to him, but I think he may not be signing because its too low. As a result of our financial situation, we are only able to offer $1.6 million less than his asking price. And with the final day of staff hiring tomorrow, we may need to go in another direction to make sure we get a guy we want, even if he's somewhat less skilled. I definitely do not want the AI slapping some guy on my team.

Additionally, we still need a scout for the team. The scout we put in an offer to today, Moe Flannery, was signed by the Memphis Express. So that makes it two days in a row that the scout we targeted has signed elsewhere. We will be making an offer to yet another scout tonight, but the pickings are pretty slim so I'm not too sure how big of a difference there is between the scouts that remain.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Rumors are flying around that Tulsa might be interested in sending a WR to Sacramento in exchange for a draft pick.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984
Rumors are flying around that Tulsa might be interested in sending a WR to Sacramento in exchange for a draft pick.

I've heard that rumor, along with several others thus far this offseason.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:50 AM   #7
Joe
Pro Starter

Coach hiring is now complete. We decided to withdraw our offer to Tampa Bay's Adrian Winslett, and extend an offer to bring back TJ German as our defensive coordinator. With Winslett asking for $4.6 million and German asking for $3.5 million, I wasn't sure if either of them would sign for the $2.1 million that my owner was allowing me to spend. In the end, TJ German's loyalty took over, as he decided to return to Sacramento for what will be his 6th season. He has signed a $2.1 million contract for 3 years. With German taking a significant pay cut, we are bringing back the full staff that this team has known for the past 3 seasons. Meanwhile, Adrian Winslett has been promoted to the head coach in Tampa Bay.

Additionally, we struck out a third time on hiring a scout. This time, it was Andrew Shepard, who was signed by the Albany Crows. So, the AI has given us a scout by the name of Chris Shinkle. He appears to be pretty average, with his best scouting ability being very good at running backs, and good/average most everywhere else. We have him for 2 seasons at $570,000.

Tomorrow will be the franchise player stage. And as noted earler, we will be placing our tag on RB Alexis Rounds, the 2007 Offensive Player of the Year. The franchise tag for a RB this year comes at a cost of $4.88 million, so that puts us at $6.15 million over the cap with 42 players signed. So, we have some trimming to do during free agency before we can bring any WRs in.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:18 PM   #8
Joe
Pro Starter

As promised, we have placed the franchise tag upon our main man, RB Alexis Rounds:

RB Alexis Rounds In Action

With a salary of $4.88 million, we feel that he's worth every penny. The bad news, however, is that he is still asking for a 5 year deal worth $35 million. So there's a good chance that he may end up seeing that franchise tag again, as I'm not sure we'll be able to get that in under the salary cap (we have a lot spent for next season already). Overall, there were fewer franchise tags than I had initially expected, with only 11 franchise tags being handed out:

QB Randolph Kranz - New Orleans Breakers
RB Alexis Rounds - Sacramento Dragons
G Rocky Dayton - San Antonio Stingers
K John Snell - Durham Bulldogs
K Gary Hutchins - Denver Dynomite
DE Kasey Cha - Charleston Monitors
DT Kendrick Gunn - Albany Crows
LB Elvin Asher - Boise Stampede
LB Jefferson Hummel - Hartford Attack
CB Charles Spry - Santa Cruz Privateers
CB Nathan Unknow - Huntington Beach Capitalists

I think this is the first time that I've ever seen two kickers get franchise though. But now, it's time to look ahead to free agency. As we are $6 million over the cap, the first order of business is to try and get under the cap in tomorrow's renegotiation pre-FA stage. Hopefully we will be able to cut some room and be able to bring in a few of these great receivers that are being offered to us in trade proposals. Some of them are quite expensive, so it remains to be seen what we can do. If we can get far enough under the cap, there are a few WRs we may consider extending FA offers to. But that would take a lot of doing, as they are pretty expensive. But it's so far so good in Sacramento.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #9
Joe
Pro Starter

After one day of renegotiations, we now sit at $2.55 million under the cap. So, we were able to manage to cut about $8.6 million or so in salary. We have more work to do if we want to be able to fit in an impact WR, but its a good enough start to begin negotiating on some offers that have popped up. So let's begin!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:44 PM   #10
Joe
Pro Starter

Its time for free agency and trading, so lets look at the current Dragons roster. We'll start with the quarterbacks:

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract QB Barre, Seymour 8 73 73 4 yrs. QB Marshall, Renaldo 2 22 28 --- QB Graham, Lawrence 2 16 30 ---

Last year we were very close to the cap, so I had to sign a couple of undrafted free agents to back up Barre. Luckily, Barre was healthy the entire season so they weren't needed. So the backup QB is a spot that I'd like to get a little better player in. We could be in trouble if Barre goes down this season, unless we can bring someone in. This is a spot I wouldn't mind using a draft pick on.

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract RB Gallego, Joseph 8 31 34 2 yrs. RB Rounds, Alexis 7 67 71 1 yr. RB Montgomery, Dana 5 48 52 1 yr. FB Burnett, Issac 8 42 42 4 yrs. FB Harrison, Marvin 3 34 48 2 yrs.

Here is our current backfield situation. As you may know by now, Alexis Rounds, the reigning Offensive Player of the Year, is our incumbent at RB, having gained nearly 2,000 yards last season. Backing him up is Dana Montgomery, who averaged a nice 4.78 ypc. He's a good change of pace back, but he has been involved in a few trade discussions, as he is expendable and may be able to start for a few teams in this league. Gallego is nothing more than roster filler right now, as he didn't even get a carry last season. As for the fullbacks, I could use an upgrade to Burnett, but its not really needed as he blocked well enough for Rounds last season.

And on to the receiving corps:

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract TE Staley, Javier 7 44 52 3 yrs. TE Hernandez, David 11 53 56 2 yrs. TE Lang, Pete 5 36 53 1 yr. FL Rice, Mikel 7 51 51 3 yrs. FL Hagar, Reginald 6 39 40 --- FL Sturgeon, Edmundo 7 39 39 2 yrs. FL Kuhlmann, Chuck 2 23 47 3 yrs.

This is the area where we're targeting improvement the most this season. Our top WR last season was Mikel Rice, who finished with 63 receptions, 780 yards, and 8 TDs. Rookie Chuck Kuhlmann started along with Rice, and hauled in 40 catches for 457 yards and 2 TDs. After 1 year and starting 14 games, Kuhlmann is still only rated a 23, which is maybe a point or two higher than he was on draft day. At this point, he's starting to look like he has bust written all over him. Hagar hasn't done much, so he wasn't resigned. And I am pretty happy with the play of our TEs, so don't expect to see any change there.

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract C Slater, Quentin 15 32 35 1 yr. C Hartman, Clyde 2 43 58 3 yrs. LG Close, Thomas 10 68 71 5 yrs. LG Kaplan, Bruce 2 18 37 --- RG Biddle, Danilo 9 79 79 2 yrs. LT Davidson, Clay 4 46 62 2 yrs. RT To, David 13 76 81 2 yrs. RT Fecteau, Craig 15 73 73 1 yr. RT Wright, Kenyon 3 29 54 1 yr.

The offensive line is one of our stronger points, and allowed us to pound the ball with Rounds last season. But they were often injured, which hurt us a bit down the stretch. Center Clyde Hartman had a strong rookie season, and the 2nd round pick will be starting once again. Slater was signed for his mentor status, and has helped out wonderfully. Biddle was named 1st team all-league Guard, and he will be starting once again with Close. At tackle we have To and Fecteau, with Clay Davidson backing them up. Davidson actually started all 16 games last season, filling in at every line position, so I'm comfortable with him if anyone goes down. No improvement is needed here, until these guys start retiring.

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract P Grays, Josiah 17 55 55 1 yr. K Eastman, Branden 7 66 69 3 yrs.

Here is our kicking situation. Grays is starting to get up there in age, but I'm not really concerned. He still averaged 40 yards per punt, with 30 kicks inside the 20. An upgrade to a better and younger player is an option if one is presented this offseason. Kicker Branden Eastman won us a few games with his strong leg last season. He went 31-38 on FGs, for 81.5%. He is a career 82.8% kicker, so I'm happy with him.

And that's the offense.

Now for the defense, we'll start with the defensive front:

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract LDE Stagner, Eric 9 41 47 2 yrs. LDE Beckman, Arthur 11 48 50 --- RDE Lamontagne, Rick 8 67 67 3 yrs. RDE Horn, Albert 4 34 47 1 yr. LDT Camargo, Oliver 8 66 69 4 yrs. LDT Burks, Dean 3 39 57 2 yrs.

I would've liked to have brought Arthur Beckman back this season, as he's usually good for 5 sacks a season, but finances just wouldn't allow it. So we are looking at starting Stagner along with Lamontagne at DE this season. Stagner has seen limited time and only played in 4 games last season, so we'll see. Camargo started at NT for us last season, as we ran a 3-4 front. We will likely do the same again this season, unless Burks emerges in training camp and the preseason to make me start him.

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract WILB Willoughby, Owen 11 57 62 3 yrs. WILB Castro, Eddy 7 55 65 5 yrs. MLB Beery, Marshall 7 52 58 3 yrs. MLB Buehler, Kory 12 48 54 1 yr. SLB Hooten, Rolland 8 52 52 1 yr. SLB Lamm, Nicolas 12 42 42 2 yrs. WLB Long, Burt 11 33 42 3 yrs.

Our linebacking corps is solid, but not spectacular. Last season, we ran with a starting lineup of Willoughby, Castro, Beery, and Hooten, with the others filling in when we had injuries (and there were a lot of them). Willoughby and Beery were the stars of this unit, with each notching 90+ tackles and a handful of sacks. No major improvement is needed with this squad, as I'm happy with what they've done. I'd like to have a star or two, but it's not really needed at this point.

Code:
Player Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Contract LCB McCaleb, Gary 7 48 48 --- RCB Stith, Paul 8 70 70 4 yrs. RCB Curtis, O.J. 6 31 40 2 yrs. RCB Bridges, Travis 5 39 39 3 yrs. SS Stine, Carl 11 73 73 2 yrs. SS Neal, Wilbur 7 53 57 3 yrs. FS Cundiff, Marvin 6 58 65 3 yrs. FS Jones, Chris 7 70 70 2 yrs. FS Gonzales, Rodrick 7 78 78 3 yrs.

And this is the secondary, our strongest unit. As you can see, we are loaded with talent at the safety position, which I am shopping around to try and land a WR. McCaleb we had to let go, as he wasn't a starter and was asking for too much for a guy with his skills. We went with starting 3 safeties-- Stine, Jones, and Gonzalez-- along with Stith. They were a great ball hawking unit last season, with Stith and Stine each grabbing 4 INTs, and Jones and Gonzales getting 3 a piece. Neal and Cundiff make for excellent backups to this unit, but it's pretty obvious I'll need to get rid of some secondary talent to bring in guys at other positions.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #11
Joe
Pro Starter

The Sacamento Dragons have two trades to announce, both including WRs. The first trade brings us in a strong WR from San Antonio. Here is his scouting report:

WR Jerome Stearns

In this trade, we gave up RB Dana Montgomery, draft pick 1.13 this year, and our 2nd round pick next year. In return, we received Stearns and dropped 9 spots in the first round to 1.22. So we still will stay in the first round, which is a good thing, and won't be needing to target WRs anymore. I'm not sure which position we will we focusing on yet.

The addition of Stearns automatically boosts our passing game, as he finds himself in the starting lineup alongside WR Mikel Rice. There is a HUGE difference between starting him and starting Chuck Kuhlmann like we did last season. And now, for the second trade:

WR George Thornberry

George Thornberry comes to us from the Tulsa Talons, in the trade that was previously rumored in this thread. The cost to us was a third round draft choice last season. Thornberry's stats weren't all that impressive in Tulsa, as he never really had a chance to play, but he will be solid enough for us. He's not coming in as the savior to the passing game, but should be a good option for the #3 WR behind Stearns and Rice.

These two trades push Chuck Kuhlmann into the #4 or 5 slot at WR. And if it wasn't for his $3m bonus remaining on his rookie contract, I'd cut that bust right now. But I'm not prepared to do that.. yet, at least.

We don't have any free agent signings to report, and we probably won't, unless they are minor. With these two trades I am pretty content with this offseason, and its just begun. I will be looking possibly at acquiring a backup RB to replace Montgomery, though.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #12
Joe
Pro Starter

Well a week has passed by in the offseason with the lights being shut off at the Dragons headquarters. With little money to spend and a nearly full roster, there was nothing to do. However, the draft has now begun and the Dragons warroom is up and running. The first day of the draft was booooooring, as we just got to sit around and watch teams trade up for a pick that was currently on the clock, only to see that team try to trade the pick immediately. Ugh. Anyhow, day 2 saw us make our first selection of the draft.

We had been targeting QB Nolan Shannon throughout the first round, as the #2 QB in the draft kept slipping. He would have made a good backup to take over the reigns from Seymour Barre someday. But it wasn't to be, as he was picked by Tampa Bay at 1.21, immediately before I would pick at 1.22. It should be noted that I didn't feel that strongly about him to try and trade up, so we'll see you later, Shannon.

Of the pressing needs of the Dragons, none of them could really be filled by this pick. We're still looking for a backup RB to replace the traded Dana Montgomery, but the RB crop here is the thinnest I've ever seen. I'll be surprised if any of them go before the end of the 2nd round. We could use another DE to challenge for the starting role, but I didn't see anything of my liking. So, we decided to bulk up the offensive line a bit, by selecting LT Lester Allen. My scout rates him as 23/63 overall, and here are what his bars look like:

Allen is just a beast, weighing in at 335 pounds with a height of 6'8". He has a low volatility of 19, but also scored very low on the solecismic test at 10. He was the third highest rated tackle in the draft, and we are happy to add him to the roster.

Our offensive line is extremely strong, so it is doubtful that Allen will get much, if any, playing time this year. This draft selection was made largely for the future, as we need some contingency plans in place when Craig Fecteau (15 years) and David To (13 years) decide to hang it up. Additionally, with the way our line got beat up last year, never playing a game with all 5 starters (besides preseason), additions like Allen are always welcome.

We next select at 2.13, and hope to have another great player to bring into Sacramento.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #13
Joe
Pro Starter

Rounds 2 and 3 of the CFL draft are now in the books. First, let's take a look at our selection at 2.13. We decided to go after the QB we missed out on in round 1. So we went with QB Everett Dole out of the University of Colorado :

Coming into the draft, Dole was rated 7/64 with a 5.1 draft grade, making him the #3 QB in the class. He will have a long while to develop in Sacramento, sitting behind starter Seymour Barre, who is only an 8 year pro. So, with the exception of injury or some other circumstance, Dole will have a long while to mature before he has the weight of the team on his shoulders. He's a smart guy (solecismic test of 39) so maybe he can pick things up rather quickly.

At pick 3.13, I decided to go somewhere that I thought we were set. The pick here was punter Dean Palmer out of Temple University:

With our punter Josiah Grays in his 17th year in the league, acquiring a new punter would have been something that had to happen anyway. Grays can still get it done, but with Palmer we will see an improvement with a younger and cheapter punter. Dean Palmer entered the draft with a 59/68 rating, and a 6.9 draft grade, making him #1 at his position. Unfortunately, this spells the release of Grays, as we cannot afford to keep two punters around with our current cap situation. Grays faltering at the end of last season had a little to do with this, as he had a few games where his punt average barely marked the 30 yard barrier.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
Joe
Pro Starter

the draft is complete, and preliminary reports are in. So far at least, there are no busts in Sacramento! Here's the damage:

T Lester Jordan 23/63 --> 23/63
QB Everett Dole 7/64 -- > 9/64
P Dean Palmer 59/68 --> 59/68
DE Rob Dawkins 21/45 --> 21/44
RB JC Edwards 28/42 --> 28/38
G Joey Spatz 4/52 --> 5/49
QB Gary Hanson 11/53 -->11/51
Old 09-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #15
Joe
Pro Starter

The preseason is now complete, but I won't go into details, as we sat the majority of our starters. Overall we finished 3-1, and hoped to assess how a few of our draft picks played. My main focus was on QB Everett Dole and RB JC Edwards. Here are their stats over the 4 games of the preseason.

QB Dole: 61-81 passing, 482 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT. That is a completion percentage of 75%, and a QB rating of 86.5. I didn't really allow him to open up the offense too much, but I wanted to see what he could do under certain circumstances. Overall, I am pretty happy with his performance, although he gained minimal rating points.

RB Edwards: 101 carries for 350 yards, 2 TD. 8 receptions for 29 yards. I wasn't too thrilled with what I saw from Edwards. He saw the majority of our team's carries in the preseason, only able to get a 3.5 YPC. And he didn't score a touchdown until the 4th game. But he won't be starting anytime soon, so he can sit behind rounds and develop for a while.

Anyway, the regular season begins on Monday evening, with the Dragons heading to Santa Cruz to take on the Privateers. They are our biggest division rival, and there is a good backstory to this rivalry, as I used to coach Santa Cruz, even taking them to the championship game in the 2004 season, leading a 1-season turnaround from their 4-12 woes in the CFL's first season. In 2007, we were 0-2 against them, as the first loss started our 7 game losing streak, after starting at 8-1. So we will be out for revenge. I couldn't be more excited to get things underway (finally).
Old 09-19-2005, 07:52 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Too bad we don't play this season - but I'll still watch this dynasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #17
Joe
Pro Starter

Week 1 didn't go as planned. We played our biggest rival (and the team I coached during the 2004 season), Santa Cruz Privateers. We ended up losing 24-21 in overtime. Overall not a bad showing, as they still have a pretty good team. They won the toss in OT, and had the ball for 7 minutes before scoring, as we never had an opportunity in the extra session. Also, our gameplan didn't go as planned, as it was more passing than I thought it would be, and Alexis Rounds only got 10 carries. So I guess that gameplan goes into the trash. And I'll be trying a brand new gameplan tomorrow against the Cleveland Flats. Anywho, here is the box score from our week 1 loss:

Code:
Box Score: Sacramento at Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, CA. Week 1, 2008 Attendance: 66,400 (68,700). Weather: 83 degrees, fair. 1Q: 03:30 SAC - Alexis Rounds 1 pass from Seymour Barre. 1Q: 03:30 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 2Q: 13:57 SCU - William Lyon 36 field goal. 3Q: 07:20 SCU - Jerome Soares 1 run. 3Q: 07:20 SCU - William Lyon extra point. 3Q: 04:47 SAC - George Thornberry 45 pass from Seymour Barre. 3Q: 04:47 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 4Q: 14:06 SCU - William Lyon 30 field goal. 4Q: 10:43 SAC - Alexis Rounds 2 pass from Seymour Barre. 4Q: 10:43 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 4Q: 01:57 SCU - William Sheehan 9 pass from Brett Hedges. 4Q: 01:57 SCU - Brett Hedges pass to Jerome Soares for conversion OT: 07:07 SCU - William Lyon 20 field goal. Game MVP: SCU 18 Brett Hedges Sacramento 7 0 7 7 0 - 21 Santa Cruz 0 3 7 11 3 - 24 Team Statistics SAC SCU First Downs 26 29 Total Rushes 15 43 Rushing Yards 73 210 Yards Per Carry 4.8 4.8 Pass Attempts 48 40 Completions 23 29 Passing Yards 299 258 Yards Per Attempt 6.2 6.4 Sacked 2 3 Yards Lost 14 17 Interceptions 1 1 Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/0 Total Plays 65 86 Total Yards 358 451 Yards Per Play 5.5 5.2 3rd Down Plays 6/14 8/18 Avg. YTG on 3rd 9.5 5.7 4th Down Plays 0/0 0/0 Penalties 7 12 Penalty Yards 45 120 Avg. Drive Start OWN 20 OWN 31 Time Of Possession 25:41 42:12 Sacramento Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 44 Rounds 10 46 4.6 18 0 6 Barre 4 21 5.2 6 0 46 Edwards 1 6 6.0 6 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 6 Barre 48 23 299 6.2 45 3 1 2 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 86 Rice 6 79 13.1 6 18 0 83 Stearns 6 87 14.5 9 23 0 44 Rounds 6 30 5.0 19 9 2 87 Sturgeon 1 13 13.0 0 13 0 84 Thornberry 1 45 45.0 12 45 1 23 Burnett 1 6 6.0 5 6 0 42 Hernandez 1 15 15.0 0 15 0 46 Edwards 1 24 24.0 0 24 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 41 Stith 1 -7 -7.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 87 Sturgeon 1 19 19.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 3 Palmer 6 265 44.1 59 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 1 Eastman 0 1 0 3 3 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 95 Camargo 14 2 0.0 0 0 0 55 Willoughby 10 5 0.0 0 0 0 94 Hooten 9 5 0.0 0 0 0 45 Gonzales 7 3 0.0 0 0 0 92 Lamontagne 6 1 1.0 0 0 0 24 Stine 6 3 0.0 1 0 0 96 Burks 4 3 1.0 0 0 0 56 Castro 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 30 Jones 4 1 0.0 0 0 0 41 Stith 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 27 Neal 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Stagner 2 2 1.0 0 0 0 87 Sturgeon 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 82 Staley 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 23 Burnett 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 40 Cundiff 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 44 Rounds 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 77 To 0 0 0 0 0 2 68 Close 0 0 0 0 2 0 70 Fecteau 0 0 0 0 2 0 95 Camargo 0 1 0 0 0 0 92 Lamontagne 0 1 0 0 0 0 Santa Cruz Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 33 Sheehan 26 147 5.6 16 0 46 Clinton 12 54 4.5 12 0 41 Soares 5 9 1.8 4 1 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 18 Hedges 40 29 258 6.4 24 1 1 3 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 41 Soares 6 28 4.6 12 8 0 83 Johnson 5 83 16.6 18 24 0 87 Hartman 5 47 9.4 3 16 0 84 Padgett 4 31 7.7 2 12 0 33 Sheehan 4 23 5.7 16 9 1 80 Laflamme 3 31 10.3 2 15 0 46 Clinton 1 4 4.0 2 4 0 49 Evans 1 11 11.0 0 11 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 33 Sheehan 1 2 2.0 0 87 Hartman 1 2 2.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 22 Spencer 1 20 20.0 0 25 Shaw 1 17 17.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 4 Lyon 6 238 39.6 45 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 4 Lyon 3 3 36 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 42 Visser 6 0 0.0 1 4 0 51 Atkins 6 0 0.0 0 0 0 56 Trujillo 5 0 1.0 0 0 0 29 Pitman 5 2 0.0 0 0 0 23 Webb 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 35 DeLong 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 25 Shaw 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 73 Compton 1 1 0.5 0 0 0 99 Meier 1 0 0.5 0 0 0 18 Hedges 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 84 Padgett 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 91 Stoltzfus 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 89 Ingram 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 22 Spencer 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 77 Ramsey 0 2 0.0 0 0 0 93 Cardinal 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 72 Pellegrini 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 71 McDougall 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 67 Doyle 0 0 1 0 0 1 70 Tollefson 0 0 0 0 6 1 68 Smyth 0 0 0 0 3 1 58 Capoccia 0 0 0 0 4 0 74 Rains 0 0 0 0 2 0 41 Soares 0 0 0 0 2 0 46 Clinton 1 0 1 0 0 0 18 Hedges 1 0 0 0 0 0 84 Padgett 0 0 0 0 1 0 64 Hickman 0 0 0 0 1 0 Sacramento Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 10:19 6:49 OWN 20 16 80 Touchdown 2 13:57 1:17 OWN 20 3 -1 Punt 2 9:47 3:25 OWN 5 7 32 Punt 2 2:56 1:12 OWN 20 3 2 Punt 2 1:03 0:56 OWN 20 3 2 Punt 3 15:00 1:54 OWN 20 7 38 Punt 3 10:44 0:11 OWN 10 1 0 Interception 3 7:20 2:33 OWN 9 6 91 Touchdown 4 14:06 3:23 OWN 30 6 70 Touchdown 4 8:48 1:57 OWN 32 6 38 Missed FG 4 5:04 0:38 OWN 35 3 0 Punt 4 1:57 1:57 OWN 20 8 36 Half Santa Cruz Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 4:41 OWN 24 10 33 Punt 1 3:30 4:33 OWN 20 10 61 Field Goal 2 12:40 2:53 OWN 35 4 15 Punt 2 6:22 3:26 OWN 18 7 45 Punt 2 1:44 0:41 OPP 45 3 14 Interception 2 0:07 0:07 OWN 37 1 0 Half 3 13:06 2:22 OWN 20 5 19 Punt 3 10:33 3:13 OPP 16 6 16 Touchdown 3 4:47 5:41 OWN 20 9 67 Field Goal 4 10:43 1:55 OWN 20 3 5 Punt 4 6:51 1:47 OWN 37 6 2 Punt 4 4:26 2:29 OWN 6 9 94 Touchdown OT1 15:00 7:53 OWN 18 13 79 Field Goal Sacramento Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 2 2 0 Santa Cruz Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 5 2 3 Sacramento Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 4 23 5.7 Middle 10 44 4.4 Right 1 6 6.0 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 70 Fecteau 2 5 15 68 Close 2 3 15 69 Biddle 0 2 15 23 Burnett 0 1 9 77 To 0 0 15 53 Hartman 0 0 15 42 Hernandez 0 0 11 Sacramento Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 5 4 19 3.8 Short (0-8 Yds) 7 5 35 5.0 Medium (9-18 Yds) 24 11 153 6.3 Long (19+ Yds) 12 3 92 7.6 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 6 Barre 48 23 1 1 8 3 10 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 86 Rice 14 6 0 79 42 83 Stearns 11 6 0 87 47 44 Rounds 9 6 0 30 43 84 Thornberry 6 1 1 45 31 42 Hernandez 3 1 0 15 34 87 Sturgeon 2 1 0 13 19 23 Burnett 2 1 0 6 22 46 Edwards 1 1 0 24 7 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 77 To 2 50 68 Close 0 50 70 Fecteau 0 50 69 Biddle 0 50 53 Hartman 0 50 23 Burnett 0 22 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 92 Lamontagne 1.0 0 2 43 96 Burks 1.0 0 0 43 93 Stagner 1.0 0 0 30 95 Camargo 0.0 1 0 43 94 Hooten 0.0 0 0 43 24 Stine 0.0 0 0 43 30 Jones 0.0 0 0 43 45 Gonzales 0.0 0 0 43 41 Stith 0.0 0 0 41 55 Willoughby 0.0 0 0 34 56 Castro 0.0 0 0 26 40 Cundiff 0.0 0 0 18 73 Horn 0.0 0 0 13 27 Neal 0.0 0 0 10 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 94 Hooten 5 1 0 43 55 Willoughby 4 2 0 34 95 Camargo 4 0 0 43 45 Gonzales 3 0 0 43 41 Stith 3 0 0 41 56 Castro 3 0 0 26 24 Stine 2 0 1 43 30 Jones 2 0 0 43 27 Neal 2 0 0 10 92 Lamontagne 1 0 0 43 96 Burks 0 0 0 43 93 Stagner 0 0 0 30 40 Cundiff 0 0 0 18 73 Horn 0 0 0 13 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 95 Camargo 14 2 43 43 55 Willoughby 10 5 40 34 94 Hooten 9 5 43 43 45 Gonzales 7 3 43 43 24 Stine 6 3 43 43 92 Lamontagne 6 1 43 43 96 Burks 4 3 43 43 56 Castro 4 2 27 26 30 Jones 4 1 43 43 41 Stith 4 0 43 41 27 Neal 3 0 3 10 93 Stagner 2 2 36 30 40 Cundiff 1 0 16 18 73 Horn 0 0 7 13 Santa Cruz Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 10 72 7.2 Middle 20 92 4.6 Right 13 46 3.5 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 70 Tollefson 6 10 43 58 Capoccia 4 9 43 68 Smyth 3 7 43 74 Rains 2 6 34 41 Soares 2 3 32 64 Hickman 1 4 43 84 Padgett 1 2 38 67 Doyle 0 1 9 82 Perry 0 1 9 49 Evans 0 0 5 Santa Cruz Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 8 6 24 3.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 15 11 61 4.0 Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 10 128 9.8 Long (19+ Yds) 4 2 45 11.2 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 18 Hedges 40 29 2 2 3 1 2 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 83 Johnson 8 5 0 83 42 84 Padgett 6 4 0 31 36 41 Soares 6 6 0 28 32 33 Sheehan 6 4 0 23 22 87 Hartman 6 5 0 47 21 80 Laflamme 5 3 1 31 22 46 Clinton 1 1 0 4 12 49 Evans 1 1 0 11 8 82 Perry 1 0 1 0 6 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 68 Smyth 1 43 70 Tollefson 1 43 58 Capoccia 0 43 64 Hickman 0 43 41 Soares 0 32 74 Rains 0 31 67 Doyle 1 12 49 Evans 0 8 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 56 Trujillo 1.0 0 0 46 73 Compton 0.5 0 0 24 99 Meier 0.5 0 1 7 72 Pellegrini 0.0 2 2 48 91 Stoltzfus 0.0 1 4 50 51 Atkins 0.0 0 2 38 77 Ramsey 0.0 0 1 43 42 Visser 0.0 0 0 50 29 Pitman 0.0 0 0 50 23 Webb 0.0 0 0 44 22 Spencer 0.0 0 0 44 25 Shaw 0.0 0 0 33 93 Cardinal 0.0 0 0 22 95 Blair 0.0 0 0 20 35 DeLong 0.0 0 0 14 71 McDougall 0.0 0 0 6 20 Bird 0.0 0 0 4 53 Walker 0.0 0 0 4 76 Brennan 0.0 0 0 3 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 42 Visser 4 1 1 50 29 Pitman 3 2 0 50 23 Webb 3 2 0 44 22 Spencer 3 1 0 44 56 Trujillo 3 0 0 46 51 Atkins 3 0 0 38 35 DeLong 3 0 0 14 25 Shaw 1 0 0 33 20 Bird 0 1 0 4 53 Walker 0 1 0 4 91 Stoltzfus 0 0 0 50 72 Pellegrini 0 0 0 48 77 Ramsey 0 0 0 43 73 Compton 0 0 0 24 93 Cardinal 0 0 0 22 95 Blair 0 0 0 20 99 Meier 0 0 0 7 71 McDougall 0 0 0 6 76 Brennan 0 0 0 3 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 42 Visser 6 0 15 50 51 Atkins 6 0 12 38 29 Pitman 5 2 15 50 56 Trujillo 5 0 13 46 23 Webb 3 1 11 44 25 Shaw 3 0 11 33 35 DeLong 3 0 6 14 73 Compton 1 1 12 24 91 Stoltzfus 1 0 15 50 22 Spencer 1 0 11 44 99 Meier 1 0 2 7 77 Ramsey 0 2 13 43 72 Pellegrini 0 1 15 48 93 Cardinal 0 1 6 22 71 McDougall 0 1 1 6 95 Blair 0 0 2 20 53 Walker 0 0 3 4 20 Bird 0 0 2 4 76 Brennan 0 0 0 3
Old 09-22-2005, 07:04 PM   #18
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Too bad we don't play this season - but I'll still watch this dynasty!

its a shame, maybe next year
Old 09-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #19
Joe
Pro Starter

Week 2 has come and gone, and we tried out a new gameplan, which sort of worked. We came out with a win, which is good. Seymoure Barre completed 13 of 17 passes for 168 yards and 2 touchdowns, no interceptions. On the bad side was RB Alexis Rounds who got seriously shut down. All he could do is 71 yards on 33 carries, for a measley 2.1 ypc average. What the fuck. BUT, he did cross into the endzone twice, so he wasn't completely worthless. To top it all off, QB Seymour Barre went down hard with a separated shoulder, so he is out for the next 6 weeks. I have the greatest luck with injures. THEN, our rookie QB comes in, and goes 0-7 passing, I mean what the hell was that all about. He completed 75% in the preseason. Geez. Luckily, Barre put us up 34-10 before going out, so Dole couldn't lose the game for us. We're now 1-1 and face the 2-0 Las Vegas Rounds next week in what will be a tough game.

Code:
Box Score: Sacramento at Cleveland Cleveland, OH. Week 2, 2008 Attendance: 60,200 (67,700). Weather: 68 degrees, fair. 1Q: 06:35 SAC - Issac Burnett 6 pass from Seymour Barre. 1Q: 06:35 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 1Q: 05:52 SAC - Alexis Rounds 7 run. 1Q: 05:52 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 1Q: 01:46 CLE - Mark Reed 4 pass from Ernest Lorenzo. 1Q: 01:46 CLE - J.C. Adkins extra point. 2Q: 11:56 SAC - Branden Eastman 26 field goal. 2Q: 07:45 SAC - Branden Eastman 42 field goal. 2Q: 01:55 SAC - Javier Staley 15 pass from Seymour Barre. 2Q: 01:55 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 2Q: 00:04 CLE - J.C. Adkins 38 field goal. 3Q: 04:32 SAC - Alexis Rounds 1 run. 3Q: 04:32 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 3Q: 02:21 CLE - Chris Chavez 28 pass from Ernest Lorenzo. 3Q: 02:21 CLE - Wilbur Sullivan run for conversion. 4Q: 03:52 CLE - Don Hernandez 11 pass from Ernest Lorenzo. 4Q: 03:52 CLE - Don Hernandez run for conversion. Game MVP: SAC 6 Seymour Barre Sacramento 14 13 7 0 - 34 Cleveland 7 3 8 8 - 26 Team Statistics SAC CLE First Downs 19 19 Total Rushes 41 18 Rushing Yards 103 67 Yards Per Carry 2.5 3.7 Pass Attempts 24 45 Completions 13 19 Passing Yards 168 288 Yards Per Attempt 7.0 6.4 Sacked 3 0 Yards Lost 19 0 Interceptions 0 4 Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/2 Total Plays 68 63 Total Yards 252 355 Yards Per Play 3.7 5.6 3rd Down Plays 3/14 7/13 Avg. YTG on 3rd 9.2 9.1 4th Down Plays 0/0 0/1 Penalties 9 9 Penalty Yards 96 73 Avg. Drive Start OWN 45 OWN 21 Time Of Possession 34:53 25:07 Sacramento Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 44 Rounds 33 71 2.1 13 2 6 Barre 5 30 6.0 8 0 23 Burnett 1 3 3.0 3 0 7 Dole 1 -2 -2.0 -2 0 46 Edwards 1 1 1.0 1 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 6 Barre 17 13 168 9.8 36 2 0 2 7 Dole 7 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 86 Rice 4 53 13.2 1 18 0 84 Thornberry 2 54 27.0 6 36 0 23 Burnett 2 11 5.5 3 6 1 44 Rounds 2 18 9.0 13 12 0 82 Staley 1 15 15.0 0 15 1 42 Hernandez 1 8 8.0 0 8 0 83 Stearns 1 9 9.0 0 9 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 41 Stith 2 19 9.5 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 87 Sturgeon 4 56 14.0 0 84 Thornberry 1 18 18.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 3 Palmer 10 471 47.1 67 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 1 Eastman 2 2 42 4 4 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 45 Gonzales 6 1 0.0 1 0 0 55 Willoughby 5 7 0.0 0 0 0 24 Stine 5 5 0.0 0 0 0 95 Camargo 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 40 Cundiff 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 96 Burks 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 41 Stith 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 92 Lamontagne 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 85 Lang 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 94 Hooten 1 0 0.0 1 4 0 56 Castro 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 87 Sturgeon 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Stagner 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 34 Gallego 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 42 Hernandez 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 21 Harrison 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 22 Walton 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 30 Jones 0 0 0.0 2 60 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 53 Hartman 0 0 0 0 1 1 69 Biddle 0 0 0 0 2 1 77 To 0 0 0 0 5 1 94 Hooten 0 1 0 0 0 0 68 Close 0 0 0 0 1 0 70 Fecteau 0 0 0 0 1 0 42 Hernandez 0 1 0 0 0 0 30 Jones 0 0 1 0 0 0 46 Edwards 0 0 1 0 0 0 Cleveland Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 43 Radke 7 0 0.0 4 0 45 Sullivan 7 46 6.5 12 0 29 Reed 4 21 5.2 12 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 11 Lorenzo 45 19 288 6.4 41 3 4 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 88 Oaks 4 93 23.2 14 41 0 87 McCrae 4 41 10.2 8 15 0 82 Chavez 3 50 16.6 1 28 1 81 Miller 3 49 16.3 7 22 0 29 Reed 3 14 4.6 1 9 1 83 Hernandez 2 41 20.5 4 30 1 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 85 McNeil 3 6 2.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 31 Sanders 3 61 20.3 0 82 Chavez 2 26 13.0 0 88 Oaks 1 15 15.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 7 Dowd 5 217 43.4 51 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 15 Adkins 1 1 38 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 58 Levine 10 1 1.0 0 0 0 55 Bussard 7 1 0.0 0 0 0 57 Ober 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 94 Thom 5 3 1.0 0 0 0 42 Roy 5 2 0.0 0 0 0 26 Means 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 79 Bee 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 88 Oaks 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 39 Moreira 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 99 Lindsay 2 0 1.0 0 0 0 98 Delgado 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 82 Chavez 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 87 McCrae 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 33 Raposa 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 30 Bertram 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 96 Finley 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 23 Horn 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 81 Miller 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 61 Coons 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 34 Yeager 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 85 McNeil 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 71 Forsythe 0 0 0 0 2 0 54 Poland 0 0 0 0 2 0 86 Rosenberg 0 0 0 0 1 0 65 Johnson 0 0 0 0 1 0 85 McNeil 1 0 0 0 0 0 29 Reed 1 0 0 0 0 0 Sacramento Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 11:21 4:46 OWN 22 9 78 Touchdown 1 6:07 0:15 OPP 12 1 12 Touchdown 1 1:46 1:56 OWN 17 3 9 Punt 2 14:50 2:54 OPP 22 5 13 Field Goal 2 9:52 2:07 OPP 23 3 -2 Field Goal 2 6:06 4:11 OWN 23 9 77 Touchdown 3 15:00 4:37 OWN 16 8 33 Punt 3 8:10 2:31 OWN 34 5 16 Punt 3 5:26 0:54 OPP 13 3 13 Touchdown 3 2:21 1:40 OWN 23 3 -6 Punt 4 14:49 1:03 OWN 42 3 0 Punt 4 12:34 1:17 OPP 48 3 0 Punt 4 9:36 1:33 OWN 10 3 -4 Punt 4 3:52 1:37 OWN 22 6 18 Punt 4 2:03 0:24 OPP 37 3 0 Punt 4 1:09 1:09 OPP 20 2 0 Game Cleveland Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 3:39 OWN 9 6 25 Punt 1 6:35 0:28 OWN 11 1 1 Fumble 1 5:52 4:06 OWN 42 8 58 Touchdown 2 11:56 2:04 OWN 14 5 16 Interception 2 7:45 1:39 OWN 29 2 30 Interception 2 1:55 1:51 OWN 22 4 57 Field Goal 3 10:23 2:13 OWN 14 5 19 Punt 3 5:39 0:13 OWN 20 1 0 Interception 3 4:32 2:11 OWN 30 4 70 Touchdown 3 0:41 0:52 OWN 24 3 0 Punt 4 13:46 1:12 OWN 16 3 -8 Punt 4 11:17 1:41 OWN 20 4 23 Punt 4 8:03 4:11 OWN 27 12 73 Touchdown 4 2:15 0:12 OWN 23 1 0 Interception 4 1:39 0:30 OWN 20 4 0 Downs Sacramento Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 6 4 1 Cleveland Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 2 1 Sacramento Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 6 21 3.5 Middle 25 54 2.1 Right 9 30 3.3 None 1 -2 -2.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 77 To 5 9 41 69 Biddle 2 8 41 53 Hartman 1 8 41 68 Close 1 4 41 70 Fecteau 1 4 41 23 Burnett 0 3 36 82 Staley 0 1 21 42 Hernandez 0 0 23 85 Lang 0 0 3 Sacramento Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 1 1 6 6.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 9 6 42 4.6 Medium (9-18 Yds) 9 5 84 9.3 Long (19+ Yds) 5 1 36 7.2 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 6 Barre 17 13 1 1 1 0 1 0 7 Dole 7 0 0 1 5 0 1 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 86 Rice 7 4 0 53 23 83 Stearns 5 1 1 9 25 82 Staley 3 1 0 15 9 84 Thornberry 2 2 0 54 3 23 Burnett 2 2 0 11 27 42 Hernandez 2 1 0 8 18 44 Rounds 2 2 0 18 24 87 Sturgeon 1 0 1 0 3 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 77 To 1 27 68 Close 0 27 70 Fecteau 0 27 23 Burnett 0 27 69 Biddle 1 27 53 Hartman 1 27 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 92 Lamontagne 0.0 1 3 45 73 Horn 0.0 1 0 25 95 Camargo 0.0 0 3 45 94 Hooten 0.0 0 0 45 24 Stine 0.0 0 0 45 30 Jones 0.0 0 0 45 45 Gonzales 0.0 0 0 45 96 Burks 0.0 0 0 45 41 Stith 0.0 0 0 44 55 Willoughby 0.0 0 0 40 56 Castro 0.0 0 0 30 93 Stagner 0.0 0 1 20 40 Cundiff 0.0 0 0 16 27 Neal 0.0 0 0 5 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 45 Gonzales 4 2 1 45 41 Stith 4 2 0 44 24 Stine 3 3 0 45 55 Willoughby 3 1 0 40 40 Cundiff 2 0 0 16 94 Hooten 1 2 1 45 30 Jones 1 0 2 45 56 Castro 1 0 0 30 95 Camargo 0 0 0 45 92 Lamontagne 0 0 0 45 96 Burks 0 0 0 45 73 Horn 0 0 0 25 93 Stagner 0 0 0 20 27 Neal 0 0 0 5 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 45 Gonzales 6 1 18 45 55 Willoughby 5 7 16 40 24 Stine 5 5 18 45 95 Camargo 4 2 18 45 40 Cundiff 4 0 5 16 96 Burks 3 1 18 45 41 Stith 3 0 18 44 92 Lamontagne 2 1 18 45 56 Castro 1 1 13 30 94 Hooten 1 0 18 45 93 Stagner 1 0 12 20 22 Walton 1 0 0 0 30 Jones 0 0 18 45 73 Horn 0 0 6 25 27 Neal 0 0 2 5 Cleveland Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 4 26 6.5 Middle 8 29 3.6 Right 6 12 2.0 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 54 Poland 2 4 18 71 Forsythe 2 3 18 65 Johnson 1 5 18 86 Rosenberg 1 1 3 67 Berkey 0 3 13 61 Coons 0 1 18 75 Brown 0 1 5 87 McCrae 0 0 15 29 Reed 0 0 14 Cleveland Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 2 1 1 0.5 Short (0-8 Yds) 6 6 49 8.1 Medium (9-18 Yds) 23 8 112 4.8 Long (19+ Yds) 14 4 126 9.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 11 Lorenzo 45 19 1 2 10 2 7 4 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 82 Chavez 11 3 0 50 35 88 Oaks 10 4 1 93 30 81 Miller 6 3 1 49 25 83 Hernandez 6 2 0 41 23 87 McCrae 6 4 0 41 35 29 Reed 4 3 0 14 34 43 Radke 1 0 0 0 15 86 Rosenberg 1 0 0 0 6 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 61 Coons 0 45 54 Poland 0 45 65 Johnson 0 45 71 Forsythe 0 43 67 Berkey 0 35 29 Reed 0 34 75 Brown 0 10 73 Hetzel 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 94 Thom 1.0 0 0 27 58 Levine 1.0 0 0 27 99 Lindsay 1.0 0 0 20 57 Ober 0.0 0 1 23 98 Delgado 0.0 0 1 20 26 Means 0.0 0 0 27 42 Roy 0.0 0 0 27 96 Finley 0.0 0 0 25 39 Moreira 0.0 0 0 25 33 Raposa 0.0 0 0 21 23 Horn 0.0 0 0 16 55 Bussard 0.0 0 0 14 79 Bee 0.0 0 0 14 30 Bertram 0.0 0 0 6 70 Fisher 0.0 0 0 2 25 Scott 0.0 0 0 2 34 Yeager 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 26 Means 5 1 0 27 58 Levine 3 1 0 27 42 Roy 1 1 0 27 23 Horn 1 1 0 16 57 Ober 1 0 0 23 33 Raposa 1 0 0 21 30 Bertram 1 0 0 6 39 Moreira 0 1 0 25 25 Scott 0 1 0 2 94 Thom 0 0 0 27 96 Finley 0 0 0 25 99 Lindsay 0 0 0 20 98 Delgado 0 0 0 20 55 Bussard 0 0 0 14 79 Bee 0 0 0 14 70 Fisher 0 0 0 2 34 Yeager 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 58 Levine 10 1 38 27 55 Bussard 7 1 32 14 57 Ober 6 1 38 23 94 Thom 5 3 41 27 42 Roy 5 2 41 27 26 Means 4 0 41 27 79 Bee 3 1 23 14 39 Moreira 3 0 38 25 98 Delgado 2 2 30 20 99 Lindsay 2 0 29 20 33 Raposa 2 0 27 21 30 Bertram 2 0 5 6 96 Finley 1 1 37 25 23 Horn 1 1 20 16 34 Yeager 1 0 1 1 70 Fisher 0 0 4 2 25 Scott 0 0 3 2 93 Williamson 0 0 3 0
Old 09-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #20
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Hey, at least I beat Santa Cruz to help you along in your quest for the San Andreas division.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:17 PM   #21
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Hey, at least I beat Santa Cruz to help you along in your quest for the San Andreas division.

Much appreciated.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #22
Joe
Pro Starter

And in week 3, we manage to squeek out a win without our fearless leader, Seymour Barre. The plan was to run the ball down Las Vegas' throat, and I'll be damned if it didn't work. Alexis Rounds came up with a big 46 carries for 183 yards and 1 touchdown. He had a low 3.9 YPC, but I'll take it as he helped us control the clock, as we held the ball for 39:51, nearly 2/3 of the game. Our rookie QB Everett Dole had a better showing than last week, completing 18 of 25 passes for 125 yards, with 1 touchdown (his first ever!), but 2 interceptions. So he hit 72% of his passes, pretty close to his 75% during preseason. On the defensive side of the ball, we didn't get much pressure on Jackpot Olson, with only 3 QB hurries. But our secondary pulled through again, as FS Chris Jones (who is starting at CB for the second straight season) pulled down 3 interceptions. That makes 5 in his past 2 games. So that was a huge help in controlling the clock as well. The end result was a 14-11 win. Next week its a divisional matchup, as we take on the 3-0 Long Beach Calibri.

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Box Score: Las Vegas at Sacramento Sacramento, CA. Week 3, 2008 Attendance: 69,700 (71,000). Weather: 80 degrees, fair. 1Q: 04:30 SAC - Issac Burnett 1 pass from Everett Dole. 1Q: 04:30 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 1Q: 00:59 LVS - Felix Savoy 48 field goal. 2Q: 01:10 SAC - Alexis Rounds 1 run. 2Q: 01:10 SAC - Branden Eastman extra point. 4Q: 02:42 LVS - Lee McDonald 12 pass from Lenny "Jackpot" Olsen. 4Q: 02:42 LVS - Lenny "Jackpot" Olsen pass to Craig Greene for conversion Game MVP: SAC 44 Alexis Rounds Las Vegas 3 0 0 8 - 11 Sacramento 7 7 0 0 - 14 Team Statistics LVS SAC First Downs 12 25 Total Rushes 19 53 Rushing Yards 67 233 Yards Per Carry 3.5 4.3 Pass Attempts 27 25 Completions 15 18 Passing Yards 170 125 Yards Per Attempt 6.2 5.0 Sacked 0 0 Yards Lost 0 0 Interceptions 3 2 Fumbles/Lost 1/1 2/2 Total Plays 46 78 Total Yards 237 358 Yards Per Play 5.1 4.5 3rd Down Plays 2/9 10/16 Avg. YTG on 3rd 9.4 5.5 4th Down Plays 0/0 0/0 Penalties 4 2 Penalty Yards 30 20 Avg. Drive Start OWN 31 OWN 30 Time Of Possession 20:09 39:51 Las Vegas Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 45 Greene 13 46 3.5 15 0 22 Jennings 3 14 4.6 13 0 1 Olsen 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 84 Feeney 1 7 7.0 7 0 83 Poole 1 1 1.0 1 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 1 Olsen 27 15 170 6.2 39 1 3 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 88 McDonald 5 65 13.0 2 16 1 45 Greene 3 31 10.3 25 20 0 28 Woolridge 3 14 4.6 4 8 0 84 Feeney 1 14 14.0 2 14 0 22 Jennings 1 2 2.0 2 2 0 82 Hopkins 1 5 5.0 3 5 0 83 Poole 1 39 39.0 17 39 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 83 Poole 1 0 0.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 10 Dorris 5 188 37.6 47 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 18 Savoy 1 1 48 0 0 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 92 Aaron 9 1 0.0 0 0 0 52 Johnson 8 6 0.0 1 10 0 97 Spalding 8 4 0.0 0 0 0 98 Fike 7 1 0.0 0 0 0 42 Grayvil 6 0 0.0 0 0 0 23 Dowdy 5 4 0.0 1 0 0 30 Grider 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 71 Ah Yat 3 3 0.0 0 0 0 99 Abdullah 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 35 Blackburn 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 70 Weaver 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 72 Lopez 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 44 Bunn 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 53 Smith 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 25 Beesley 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 45 Greene 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 81 Gerald 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 84 Feeney 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 78 Twisp 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 95 Rodgers 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 56 Baker 0 0 0 0 1 0 72 Lopez 0 0 1 0 0 0 25 Beesley 0 1 0 0 0 0 62 Morales 0 0 0 0 1 0 52 Johnson 0 1 0 0 0 0 84 Feeney 1 0 0 0 0 0 68 Savoy 0 0 0 0 1 0 35 Blackburn 0 0 1 0 0 0 64 Vince 0 0 0 0 1 0 Sacramento Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 44 Rounds 46 183 3.9 31 1 46 Edwards 4 43 10.7 25 0 7 Dole 2 6 3.0 7 0 23 Burnett 1 1 1.0 1 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 7 Dole 25 18 125 5.0 19 1 2 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 82 Staley 4 24 6.0 0 11 0 86 Rice 3 32 10.6 0 19 0 23 Burnett 3 12 4.0 3 9 1 44 Rounds 3 22 7.3 19 12 0 87 Sturgeon 2 16 8.0 0 11 0 84 Thornberry 1 5 5.0 0 5 0 85 Lang 1 11 11.0 3 11 0 46 Edwards 1 3 3.0 0 3 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 41 Stith 1 5 5.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 87 Sturgeon 1 28 28.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 3 Palmer 3 109 36.3 41 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 1 Eastman 0 2 0 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 94 Hooten 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 45 Gonzales 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 54 Beery 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 92 Lamontagne 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 55 Willoughby 3 3 0.0 0 0 0 24 Stine 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 30 Jones 2 1 0.0 3 30 0 41 Stith 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 56 Castro 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 95 Camargo 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 86 Rice 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 69 Biddle 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 88 Kuhlmann 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 79 Bernstein 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 77 To 0 0 0 0 6 0 68 Close 0 0 0 0 5 0 82 Staley 1 0 0 0 2 0 69 Biddle 0 0 0 0 3 0 53 Hartman 0 0 0 0 3 0 23 Burnett 0 0 0 0 2 0 94 Hooten 0 0 1 0 0 0 70 Fecteau 0 0 0 0 1 0 44 Rounds 1 0 0 0 0 0 45 Gonzales 0 1 0 0 0 0 Las Vegas Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 13:25 1:30 OWN 29 3 17 Interception 1 4:30 3:31 OWN 20 7 49 Field Goal 1 0:13 0:06 OPP 27 1 7 Fumble 2 13:34 1:30 OPP 48 3 2 Interception 2 10:43 2:38 OWN 43 5 17 Punt 2 1:10 0:15 OWN 20 2 1 Interception 2 0:15 0:15 OWN 30 1 -1 Half 3 15:00 3:37 OWN 20 7 33 Punt 3 3:22 1:15 OWN 10 3 8 Punt 3 0:39 0:56 OWN 17 3 3 Punt 4 11:32 2:50 OWN 41 7 -2 Punt 4 3:51 1:09 OWN 17 5 83 Touchdown Sacramento Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 1:35 OWN 20 3 2 Punt 1 11:55 7:25 OWN 25 13 75 Touchdown 1 0:59 0:46 OWN 21 1 6 Fumble 1 0:07 1:33 OWN 32 4 16 Interception 2 12:04 1:21 OWN 48 3 9 Fumble 2 8:05 6:55 OWN 2 13 98 Touchdown 2 0:55 0:40 OPP 33 3 10 Missed FG 3 11:23 8:01 OWN 4 15 69 Interception 3 2:07 1:28 OPP 46 3 2 Punt 4 14:43 3:11 OWN 48 5 18 Missed FG 4 8:42 4:51 OWN 19 7 23 Punt 4 2:42 2:42 OWN 20 8 30 Game Las Vegas Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 Sacramento Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 2 0 Las Vegas Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 6 40 6.6 Middle 6 20 3.3 Right 6 8 1.3 None 1 -1 -1.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 64 Vince 1 5 19 62 Morales 1 4 18 56 Baker 1 1 19 68 Savoy 1 1 17 74 de la Rosa 0 3 13 66 Bonney 0 2 6 28 Woolridge 0 1 11 87 Maxcy 0 1 6 12 Barrett 0 0 13 75 Smalls 0 0 2 78 Twisp 0 0 1 Las Vegas Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 3 3 26 8.6 Short (0-8 Yds) 5 5 26 5.2 Medium (9-18 Yds) 14 6 79 5.6 Long (19+ Yds) 5 1 39 7.8 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 1 Olsen 27 15 0 2 3 1 3 3 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 88 McDonald 8 5 1 65 20 84 Feeney 5 1 1 14 20 45 Greene 4 3 0 31 16 28 Woolridge 4 3 0 14 20 83 Poole 3 1 0 39 14 12 Barrett 1 0 0 0 11 22 Jennings 1 1 0 2 8 82 Hopkins 1 1 0 5 13 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 64 Vince 0 27 56 Baker 0 26 68 Savoy 0 25 62 Morales 0 23 74 de la Rosa 0 23 28 Woolridge 0 20 66 Bonney 0 4 78 Twisp 0 4 26 Tubbs 0 3 75 Smalls 0 2 59 Caines 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 52 Johnson 0.0 1 0 22 97 Spalding 0.0 0 1 25 92 Aaron 0.0 0 0 25 30 Grider 0.0 0 0 25 71 Ah Yat 0.0 0 0 25 23 Dowdy 0.0 0 0 22 72 Lopez 0.0 0 0 20 44 Bunn 0.0 0 0 20 42 Grayvil 0.0 0 0 20 70 Weaver 0.0 0 0 17 35 Blackburn 0.0 0 0 15 99 Abdullah 0.0 0 0 14 98 Fike 0.0 0 0 8 25 Beesley 0.0 0 0 7 95 Rodgers 0.0 0 0 5 47 Facey 0.0 0 0 4 53 Smith 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 23 Dowdy 3 0 1 22 42 Grayvil 2 1 0 20 52 Johnson 2 0 1 22 97 Spalding 2 0 0 25 30 Grider 2 0 0 25 98 Fike 2 0 0 8 25 Beesley 2 0 0 7 71 Ah Yat 1 0 0 25 72 Lopez 1 0 0 20 99 Abdullah 1 0 0 14 92 Aaron 0 0 0 25 44 Bunn 0 0 0 20 70 Weaver 0 0 0 17 35 Blackburn 0 0 0 15 95 Rodgers 0 0 0 5 47 Facey 0 0 0 4 53 Smith 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 92 Aaron 9 1 53 25 52 Johnson 8 6 47 22 97 Spalding 8 4 53 25 98 Fike 7 1 39 8 Front Office Football 2004 42 Grayvil 6 0 38 20 23 Dowdy 5 4 51 22 30 Grider 5 1 53 25 71 Ah Yat 3 3 53 25 99 Abdullah 3 2 33 14 35 Blackburn 3 1 31 15 70 Weaver 3 1 14 17 72 Lopez 2 3 48 20 44 Bunn 2 1 43 20 25 Beesley 2 0 14 7 53 Smith 2 0 5 1 95 Rodgers 0 1 5 5 47 Facey 0 0 3 4 Sacramento Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 15 80 5.3 Middle 23 109 4.7 Right 14 45 3.2 None 1 -1 -1.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 77 To 6 18 53 68 Close 5 11 53 53 Hartman 3 8 53 69 Biddle 3 5 53 23 Burnett 2 3 48 82 Staley 2 2 51 70 Fecteau 1 4 53 85 Lang 0 0 7 Sacramento Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 4 4 20 5.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 11 9 45 4.0 Medium (9-18 Yds) 8 4 41 5.1 Long (19+ Yds) 2 1 19 9.5 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 7 Dole 25 18 1 1 1 1 1 2 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 86 Rice 6 3 1 32 18 82 Staley 5 4 0 24 23 87 Sturgeon 3 2 0 16 16 84 Thornberry 3 1 0 5 21 23 Burnett 3 3 0 12 13 44 Rounds 3 3 0 22 21 85 Lang 1 1 0 11 3 46 Edwards 1 1 0 3 4 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 77 To 0 25 68 Close 0 25 70 Fecteau 0 25 69 Biddle 0 25 53 Hartman 0 25 23 Burnett 0 13 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 92 Lamontagne 0.0 1 3 27 54 Beery 0.0 0 0 27 94 Hooten 0.0 0 0 27 24 Stine 0.0 0 0 27 41 Stith 0.0 0 0 27 95 Camargo 0.0 0 0 27 30 Jones 0.0 0 0 27 45 Gonzales 0.0 0 0 27 55 Willoughby 0.0 0 0 26 56 Castro 0.0 0 0 15 73 Horn 0.0 0 0 14 40 Cundiff 0.0 0 0 12 79 Bernstein 0.0 0 0 12 93 Stagner 0.0 0 0 1 27 Neal 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 94 Hooten 4 1 0 27 45 Gonzales 4 0 0 27 41 Stith 2 1 0 27 30 Jones 2 0 3 27 54 Beery 2 0 0 27 24 Stine 1 0 0 27 56 Castro 0 1 0 15 95 Camargo 0 0 0 27 92 Lamontagne 0 0 0 27 55 Willoughby 0 0 0 26 73 Horn 0 0 0 14 40 Cundiff 0 0 0 12 79 Bernstein 0 0 0 12 93 Stagner 0 0 0 1 27 Neal 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 94 Hooten 6 1 19 27 45 Gonzales 5 0 19 27 54 Beery 4 2 19 27 92 Lamontagne 4 0 19 27 55 Willoughby 3 3 16 26 24 Stine 3 0 19 27 41 Stith 2 1 19 27 30 Jones 2 1 19 27 56 Castro 1 2 14 15 95 Camargo 1 1 19 27 79 Bernstein 1 0 14 12 40 Cundiff 0 0 5 12 73 Horn 0 0 2 14 93 Stagner 0 0 3 1 27 Neal 0 0 3 1

Last edited by Joe : 09-27-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #23
Joe
Pro Starter

another game, another disappointment. Seymour Barre is still out, so our rookie QB was at the helm once again. He went 20-33 for 188 yards, but no tds and in ints. So nothing impressive but he didnt really blow anything either. RB Alexis Rounds was unimpressive once again, with 27 carries for 80 yards, a 2.9 YPC average. I don't know what's wrong with him this season. And then, there was this exchange at the end of the game:

Code:
2-10-SAC44 (00:05) Penalty: SAC - Encroachment. 2-05-SAC39 (00:05) LBE 8 Swallow attempted a 56 yard field goal and succeeded.

That great series of events led to us losing by 1 point, 13-12. Anyway, here's the box score of this rather lackluster game. Next up is Anchorage.

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Box Score: Long Beach at Sacramento Sacramento, CA. Week 4, 2008 Attendance: 69,700 (71,000). Weather: 62 degrees, rain. 1Q: 06:47 LBE - Gregory Edelman 4 pass from Joshua Urrutia. 1Q: 06:47 LBE - Frederic Swallow extra point. 2Q: 12:42 SAC - Branden Eastman 42 field goal. 2Q: 00:27 SAC - Branden Eastman 26 field goal. 3Q: 02:52 SAC - Branden Eastman 49 field goal. 4Q: 05:14 LBE - Frederic Swallow 54 field goal. 4Q: 00:42 SAC - Branden Eastman 31 field goal. 4Q: 00:00 LBE - Frederic Swallow 56 field goal. Game MVP: LBE 2 Joshua Urrutia Long Beach 7 0 0 6 - 13 Sacramento 0 6 3 3 - 12 Team Statistics LBE SAC First Downs 13 17 Total Rushes 20 42 Rushing Yards 76 124 Yards Per Carry 3.8 2.9 Pass Attempts 31 33 Completions 16 20 Passing Yards 157 188 Yards Per Attempt 5.0 5.6 Sacked 1 1 Yards Lost 5 6 Interceptions 1 0 Fumbles/Lost 0/0 0/0 Total Plays 52 76 Total Yards 228 306 Yards Per Play 4.3 4.0 3rd Down Plays 5/13 10/21 Avg. YTG on 3rd 5.6 6.2 4th Down Plays 0/0 0/0 Penalties 3 9 Penalty Yards 30 50 Avg. Drive Start OWN 27 OWN 28 Time Of Possession 25:07 34:53 Long Beach Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 35 New 12 31 2.5 9 0 34 Terrell 6 37 6.1 12 0 4 McMillan 2 8 4.0 5 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 4 McMillan 16 7 50 3.1 16 0 1 0 2 Urrutia 15 9 107 7.1 56 1 0 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 36 Grafton 3 7 2.3 8 4 0 87 Lore 3 26 8.6 1 14 0 89 Salzman 3 19 6.3 6 8 0 81 Greco 3 74 24.6 9 56 0 86 Edelman 2 12 6.0 0 8 1 82 Worden 1 15 15.0 2 15 0 35 New 1 4 4.0 0 4 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 84 Schwartz 2 16 8.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 83 McGarry 2 46 23.0 0 84 Schwartz 1 24 24.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 19 Rhodes 7 239 34.1 42 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 8 Swallow 2 2 56 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 42 Miller 10 2 0.0 0 0 0 91 Roper 8 4 0.0 0 0 0 96 Kiernan 8 2 0.0 0 0 0 41 Hill 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 97 Beardsley 5 5 0.0 0 0 0 23 Jiles 5 2 0.0 0 0 0 98 Longoria 4 3 0.0 0 0 0 26 Schrock 4 1 0.0 0 0 0 79 George 3 0 1.0 0 0 0 74 Mosely 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 73 Gordon 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 36 Grafton 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 75 Callender 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 92 Heck 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 27 Holt 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 50 Sutton 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 35 New 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 46 Roffmann 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 69 Bullock 0 0 0 0 2 0 67 Walunas 0 0 0 0 0 1 50 Sutton 0 0 0 0 3 0 36 Grafton 0 0 0 0 1 0 86 Edelman 0 0 0 0 1 0 62 Price 0 0 0 0 1 0 64 Davis 0 0 0 0 1 0 Sacramento Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 44 Rounds 27 80 2.9 21 0 46 Edwards 11 18 1.6 14 0 23 Burnett 2 23 11.5 14 0 7 Dole 2 3 1.5 3 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 7 Dole 33 20 188 5.6 23 0 0 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 82 Staley 5 56 11.2 4 21 0 84 Thornberry 4 39 9.7 9 14 0 86 Rice 4 42 10.5 4 23 0 44 Rounds 3 16 5.3 4 7 0 87 Sturgeon 2 18 9.0 1 11 0 23 Burnett 2 17 8.5 1 10 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 41 Stith 1 16 16.0 0 88 Kuhlmann 1 12 12.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 84 Thornberry 2 33 16.5 0 87 Sturgeon 1 9 9.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 3 Palmer 6 250 41.6 60 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 1 Eastman 4 5 49 0 0 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 55 Willoughby 6 2 0.0 0 0 0 41 Stith 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 94 Hooten 5 3 0.0 0 0 0 24 Stine 5 1 0.0 1 0 0 56 Castro 3 3 0.0 0 0 0 95 Camargo 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 73 Horn 2 1 1.0 0 0 0 92 Lamontagne 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 45 Gonzales 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 54 Beery 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Lamm 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 65 Davidson 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 87 Sturgeon 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 27 Neal 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 90 Buehler 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 22 Walton 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 65 Davidson 0 0 0 0 2 1 77 To 0 0 0 0 2 0 69 Biddle 0 0 0 0 2 0 82 Staley 0 0 0 0 1 0 23 Burnett 0 0 0 0 1 0 85 Lang 0 0 0 0 1 0 53 Hartman 0 0 0 0 1 0 Long Beach Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 1:01 OWN 20 3 1 Punt 1 10:16 3:29 OWN 11 6 89 Touchdown 1 5:07 3:03 OWN 40 5 10 Punt 2 12:42 0:58 OWN 20 3 8 Punt 2 8:03 3:14 OWN 11 6 19 Punt 2 0:19 0:19 OWN 26 1 5 Half 3 9:51 1:58 OWN 33 4 25 Interception 3 5:17 1:11 OWN 3 3 5 Punt 3 2:52 2:40 OWN 39 6 18 Punt 4 12:29 2:57 OWN 46 5 18 Punt 4 8:27 3:13 50 6 13 Field Goal 4 0:42 0:42 OWN 34 4 27 Field Goal Sacramento Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 13:59 3:43 OWN 42 6 16 Punt 1 6:47 1:40 OWN 15 3 1 Punt 1 2:04 4:22 OWN 27 10 48 Field Goal 2 11:44 3:41 OWN 33 6 21 Punt 2 4:49 4:22 OWN 40 11 51 Field Goal 3 15:00 5:09 OWN 24 11 50 Missed FG 3 7:53 2:36 OWN 27 5 18 Punt 3 4:06 1:14 OPP 32 3 0 Field Goal 3 0:12 2:43 OWN 13 6 13 Punt 4 9:32 1:05 OWN 8 3 -2 Punt 4 5:14 4:32 OWN 11 13 75 Field Goal Long Beach Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 Sacramento Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 2 0 2 Long Beach Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 5 24 4.8 Middle 7 23 3.2 Right 8 29 3.6 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 50 Sutton 3 5 19 69 Bullock 2 3 15 64 Davis 1 3 20 62 Price 1 2 20 36 Grafton 1 1 13 86 Edelman 1 1 9 67 Walunas 0 1 20 81 Greco 0 1 14 63 Erdman 0 1 5 51 Brown 0 0 1 Long Beach Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 1 1 2 2.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 15 11 54 3.6 Medium (9-18 Yds) 11 3 45 4.0 Long (19+ Yds) 4 1 56 14.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 4 McMillan 16 7 2 0 3 1 2 1 2 Urrutia 15 9 0 1 4 0 1 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 87 Lore 7 3 0 26 23 81 Greco 5 3 0 74 21 36 Grafton 4 3 1 7 20 82 Worden 4 1 0 15 21 89 Salzman 3 3 0 19 18 86 Edelman 3 2 0 12 9 35 New 3 1 0 4 21 83 McGarry 1 0 0 0 12 34 Terrell 1 0 0 0 6 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 62 Price 0 32 67 Walunas 1 32 64 Davis 0 32 50 Sutton 0 31 69 Bullock 0 27 36 Grafton 0 20 63 Erdman 0 5 51 Brown 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 79 George 1.0 0 0 20 71 Lockett 0.0 1 0 7 73 Gordon 0.0 0 2 25 23 Jiles 0.0 0 0 34 42 Miller 0.0 0 0 34 26 Schrock 0.0 0 0 34 91 Roper 0.0 0 0 32 98 Longoria 0.0 0 0 31 96 Kiernan 0.0 0 0 28 74 Mosely 0.0 0 0 27 41 Hill 0.0 0 0 23 97 Beardsley 0.0 0 0 20 75 Callender 0.0 0 0 14 27 Holt 0.0 0 0 11 46 Roffmann 0.0 0 0 11 78 Steen 0.0 0 0 9 92 Heck 0.0 0 0 8 22 Breeden 0.0 0 0 3 94 Russell 0.0 0 0 3 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 23 Jiles 4 2 0 34 42 Miller 4 0 0 34 26 Schrock 3 1 0 34 96 Kiernan 2 3 0 28 98 Longoria 2 0 0 31 73 Gordon 1 0 0 25 41 Hill 1 0 0 23 97 Beardsley 1 0 0 20 75 Callender 1 0 0 14 92 Heck 1 0 0 8 91 Roper 0 0 0 32 74 Mosely 0 0 0 27 79 George 0 0 0 20 27 Holt 0 0 0 11 46 Roffmann 0 0 0 11 78 Steen 0 0 0 9 71 Lockett 0 0 0 7 22 Breeden 0 0 0 3 94 Russell 0 0 0 3 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 42 Miller 10 2 41 34 91 Roper 8 4 41 32 96 Kiernan 8 2 34 28 41 Hill 6 1 31 23 97 Beardsley 5 5 33 20 23 Jiles 5 2 40 34 98 Longoria 4 3 42 31 26 Schrock 4 1 38 34 73 Gordon 3 1 41 25 74 Mosely 3 1 36 27 79 George 3 0 31 20 75 Callender 2 0 11 14 27 Holt 1 1 13 11 92 Heck 1 1 9 8 46 Roffmann 1 0 11 11 71 Lockett 0 0 6 7 78 Steen 0 0 1 9 22 Breeden 0 0 1 3 94 Russell 0 0 1 3 24 Takahashi 0 0 1 0 Sacramento Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 15 67 4.4 Middle 17 38 2.2 Right 10 19 1.9 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 69 Biddle 2 7 42 65 Davidson 2 7 42 77 To 2 3 38 53 Hartman 1 8 42 82 Staley 1 3 38 23 Burnett 1 3 34 68 Close 0 8 42 85 Lang 1 1 7 70 Fecteau 0 0 4 21 Harrison 0 0 3 Sacramento Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 2 0 0 0.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 16 12 76 4.7 Medium (9-18 Yds) 9 6 68 7.5 Long (19+ Yds) 6 2 44 7.3 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 7 Dole 33 20 3 1 6 1 2 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 86 Rice 10 4 1 42 22 87 Sturgeon 6 2 0 18 47 82 Staley 6 5 0 56 32 84 Thornberry 4 4 0 39 18 23 Burnett 3 2 0 17 28 44 Rounds 3 3 0 16 16 88 Kuhlmann 1 0 0 0 13 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 68 Close 0 34 69 Biddle 0 34 65 Davidson 1 34 53 Hartman 0 34 77 To 0 32 23 Burnett 0 28 21 Harrison 0 6 70 Fecteau 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 73 Horn 1.0 1 0 30 92 Lamontagne 0.0 0 3 32 56 Castro 0.0 0 0 32 95 Camargo 0.0 0 0 32 45 Gonzales 0.0 0 0 32 24 Stine 0.0 0 0 31 94 Hooten 0.0 0 0 30 41 Stith 0.0 0 0 29 22 Walton 0.0 0 0 26 55 Willoughby 0.0 0 0 25 57 Lamm 0.0 0 0 11 40 Cundiff 0.0 0 0 9 27 Neal 0.0 0 0 4 54 Beery 0.0 0 0 3 90 Buehler 0.0 0 0 2 79 Bernstein 0.0 0 0 2 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 24 Stine 4 0 1 31 55 Willoughby 4 0 0 25 41 Stith 2 2 0 29 45 Gonzales 2 1 0 32 94 Hooten 1 2 0 30 56 Castro 1 0 0 32 92 Lamontagne 1 0 0 32 22 Walton 0 2 0 26 95 Camargo 0 0 0 32 73 Horn 0 0 0 30 57 Lamm 0 0 0 11 40 Cundiff 0 0 0 9 27 Neal 0 0 0 4 54 Beery 0 0 0 3 90 Buehler 0 0 0 2 79 Bernstein 0 0 0 2 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 55 Willoughby 6 2 19 25 41 Stith 6 1 19 29 94 Hooten 5 3 20 30 24 Stine 5 1 20 31 56 Castro 3 3 20 32 95 Camargo 3 2 20 32 92 Lamontagne 2 2 20 32 45 Gonzales 2 1 20 32 73 Horn 2 1 16 30 57 Lamm 2 0 12 11 54 Beery 2 0 5 3 22 Walton 0 1 12 26 27 Neal 0 1 1 4 90 Buehler 0 1 0 2 40 Cundiff 0 0 2 9 79 Bernstein 0 0 4 2