Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardent's Very Own Softball Dynasty

Finishing off my own stats in primelord's thread, I went 0-8, yes 0-8 in my last two games with his team. I finished 39 of 93.

I moved on to a team at Wolff's Softball Haven in Barnhart, MO. It's essentially the team I played with in that softball tournament that got smoked. I recognize most of the players from that Saturday.

From what I can tell about Wolff's, there are only two fields...and I haven't played on one of them yet. The one I did play on was quirky. White sandish/rock on the infield which just screams to me, "DON'T SLIDE!" and a really oddshaped outfield.

Left center juts out deeper than left and centerfield in one spot and there's a similar dimension along the right field line. Wooden fences are near both foul lines along the outfield as well....not to mention the centerfield light pole that's apparently in play right inside the fenceline.

The worst part about this field is hitting in the early game. The sun sets right behind the pitcher and you can't see the ball until it's nearly too late. It seems nearly impossible to get a good swing early on.

This league is also a mat league, and I hate those. What I do like is that I can set up at the back end of the mat and swing away, which is something Fenton's umpire wouldn't let me do.

I batted 7th and started in right field. My first at bat started out the 2nd inning. I knew the sun was going to be bad and my sunglasses were no help. I ended up committing to my swing slowly and slapping a ball out to second. I nearly beat the throw, but made my first out.

After the next inning I caught for three innings, neither of which allowed a run. I'll be officially keeping a catcher's ERA from now on. 0.00

Our new right fielder was everything but solid so I went back out there after those innings.

My second at bat saw a ball inside and then a line drive in front of the left center fielder. The next batter grounded out to 2nd, but I made it to 2nd on the play. I was then part of a double play as a soft flyball to right was caught and I was thrown out. I heard "go" and went, saw the base coach put up the stop sign, but it was too late.

Third at bat was a called strike on the inside part of the mat and I ended up with a swinging bunt on a nice flat pitch that I wanted to beat silly. I ended up getting over the top of the ball and beat it into the ground to third base.

That was all she wrote for the first game, as we lost 6-4.

The second game was a better game for the good guys, though I didn't get the final.

I was part of a double play in the first inning out in the field when the 4th batter hit a line drive to me in right with runners at 1st and 3rd. I caught the ball and threw to third...where the runner apparently was confused on how many outs there were. I didn't immediately get him out as the ball got away from the 3rd baseman, but he was thrown out at home right after. I ended up with 3 more routine flyballs on the evening.

My next at bat I saw a strike on the outside deep corner of the mat, I should probaby quit watching those hit the mat back there and just assume it's a strike, and then a line drive base hit to center. Too bad I was forced out soon after.

2nd and 3rd, 2 out for my next at bat, which was a first pitch swing and fly out to right.

My final at bat I got a nice flat pitch like the first one and this time I got all of it. I smoked it over the left and left center's heads and ended up with a double when the runner at first stopped at 3rd. To his merit, both of those guys had good arms.

4 for 6 on the day. 43 for 99 on the year.

Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Busy day for me today. I caught 6 flyballs in rightfield today and threw a runner out going to second.

My first at bat came in the 2nd inning...I fouled off the first pitch...again I feel like I'm taking good swings with those fouls...I'm just not connecting. I ended up walking 3 deep pitches later.

The next at bat saw me take the first pitch, which went to high into the air....ball. The next pitch curved in and touched the mat for strike 2. A deep ball and I had a full count. The next may have been a shade inside, but I swung anyway after seeing the curve. I flied out to left center on a pretty good swing.

I swung at the first pitch the next at bat, grounding it up the middle for a hit. I'd later score.

That ended the first game...which we lost.

I started out the next game with another first pitch swing, this time back to the pitcher for an out.

My next at bat I took a ball just outside, a strike inside, and then hit a line drive to left field for a hit and a RBI.

My final at bat came in the last inning, a sacrifice fly to right center...RBI, but it wasn't enough...we lost that game as well.

2 for 4, 45 of 103 on the year.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quick stop:

3-5, 2 singles to right, 1 3 run HR to left. 4 RBI, 3 R scored on the night. 1 catch in right which I had to get on my horse and jump for. I also threw a guy out at 2nd and nearly had another at 3rd.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Monster you are!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Quick stop:

3-5, 2 singles to right, 1 3 run HR to left. 4 RBI, 3 R scored on the night. 1 catch in right which I had to get on my horse and jump for. I also threw a guy out at 2nd and nearly had another at 3rd.

Lay off the juice, Bonds.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It was a really nice night for me, so nice I forgot that I was actually 3 for 6.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

3 for 6 again last night, 3 singles and a walk. Flew out to left center and 2 ground outs to short. Scored 3 runs, had 2 RBIs.

Caught 4 fly balls in right, and let a line drive get past me when I went down for the catch instead of just trying to play it safe.

We won both games, though, so that makes my miscue feel a little better.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:03 AM   #8
Poli
FOFC Survivor

51 of 115 by my count.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #9
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Missed last week's tally. Not sure I'll be able to remember it. 2 for 5 if I'm not mistaken.

Final two games of the year took place tonight, and we wrapped up second place, despite losing both games.

It got so bad in the second game I came in and made my pitching debut. Two walks, 1 run allowed, still waiting on my first out.

1 for 2 at bat, 1 walk. 2 runs scored.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

52 for 117 on the year by my tally.