Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #18351
molson
General Manager

Ah, OK. I guess I could have just read further, but, I was kind enjoying the brief mental fiction I was going with that Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman were were these masterminds behind a national student admission scam.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #18352
Logan
Head Coach

I feel like this Aunt Becky story definitely goes against the intent of this particular thread.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #18353
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And the mastermind behind that whole scheme? Director of college admissions (or whatever the title) for ... IMG Academy
Old 03-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #18354
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Mr. Greenback is the top admissions official at every college and university.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #18355
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Mr. Greenback is the top admissions official at every college and university.

In this case however the universities didn't get anything except scammed.

To your point tho, there was a quote from the US Atty during the press conference this morning to the effect that "this wasn't the donation of a building, this was simply fraud"
Old 03-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #18356
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

One of the highlight quotes

Quote:
Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, allegedly paid $500,000 to have their daughters listed as recruits for the USC women's crew team. Giannulli told an informant that he wanted to discuss a plan for getting his daughter "into a school other than ASU!"
Old 03-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #18357
RainMaker
General Manager

This is great.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:54 AM   #18358
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: ur child was not accepted to our college
FELICITY HUFFMAN: then i will have to do a crime

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: u can just donate some money & we'll let em in

FELICITY HUFFMAN: a crime i shall do

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: just make a donation

FELICITY HUFFMAN: crime time
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #18359
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
One of the highlight quotes

My favorite detail of this story is that their daughter is a beauty vlogger. And this was her quote after getting accepted into USC:

“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend... But I do want the experience of like game days, partying…I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know."

So, her parents paid $500k and are facing Federal Criminal charges for that.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #18360
molson
General Manager

It would be cheaper and less illegal to just skip college and pay for them to do whatever they want. But I'm sure it's embarrassing to have a dud for a kid, so they probably see college as the last chance for something to click. But now everybody knows how stupid their kids are.

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #18361
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This is great.

Administrator: So you're a pole vaulter?
Student: No, I'm a German. But how did you know my name is Walter?

Top class Pole Vaulting related humor.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #18362
RainMaker
General Manager

When I was in school the rich parents would get their kids "diagnosed" with a fake learning disability. Would give them like an extra 30 minutes to take the ACT. Didn't think much of it at the time but I guess that is bullshit.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #18363
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This whole thing could be saved with a Lori Laughlin and Felicity Huffman sex tape where they influence the (Emily) Procter to correct the test scores
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 AM   #18364
spleen1015
Coordinator

New Endgame trailer.

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame - Official Trailer - YouTube
Old 03-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #18365
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Meet the $500k Loughlin daughter (a successful fashion/beauty vlogger while still in HS)

Who Is Olivia Jade Giannulli, Lori Loughlin's Daughter Attending USC

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-14-2019 at 12:52 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #18366
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This whole thing could be saved with a Lori Laughlin and Felicity Huffman sex tape where they influence the (Emily) Procter to correct the test scores

That's my kind of procter.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #18367
molson
General Manager

There was a Full House episode where Aunt Becky and Uncle Jesse lied to get their annoying twin sons into a prestigious pre-school.

And another one where Uncle Jesse tries to help DJ cheat on the SATs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lori-lo...a-school-scam/
Old 03-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #18368
spleen1015
Coordinator

JiMGA reads elle.com

Who knew?
Old 03-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #18369
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
JiMGA reads elle.com
Who knew?

Hey, they knew who she was before the scandal, so I figure they warrant the go-to.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:04 PM   #18370
molson
General Manager

We're doing a bathroom remodel. I've never had a job this big done where the workers just have access to the house and come and go. It's 8:03 PM and the plumber is still here. It's starting to get awkward. How long do I have to keep my pants on? I'd normally be in my boxers like an hour ago.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #18371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
We're doing a bathroom remodel. I've never had a job this big done where the workers just have access to the house and come and go. It's 8:03 PM and the plumber is still here. It's starting to get awkward. How long do I have to keep my pants on? I'd normally be in my boxers like an hour ago.

I would venture the plumber has seen far worse
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #18372
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Not sure if this applies to all airports or just Phoenix and Denver in general. But learned a little travel hack that may be obvious to others but I was mad I never checked before:

GF and I are going backpacking in the Grand Canyon in late April. Saw some random blog mention cost of rentals at Phoenix airport and then double checked for myself before renting. Renting from the same rental car company at the airport versus an office that is a 5-10 minute uber ride away we paid $155 versus $320 at the airport for a compact. When checking Denver for our backpacking trip in the Rocky Mountains in August it was another noticable savings (albeit not as extreme as Phoenix, but still a nice chunk of change). Wish I knew this sooner.

With the few airports I've flown to the past few years moving their car rental offsite via a 5-10 minute shuttle ride it's not like the convenience is even worth a premium anyways.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 03-19-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #18373
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I hate when you're trying to cross a busy, multiple-lane road (with no crosswalk) as a pedestrian and some dipshit in the nearest lane inevitably stops directly in front to "invite" you to walk into oncoming traffic, as some sort of favor? Then they get flustered/confused when you don't immediately run into the street.

Without fail there is nobody ever driving behind these people either, and my purpose would've been best served had they simply continued to drive forward.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #18374
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

I get your point, but the fact is, I don't win any extra points in Death Race if you're on the sidewalk, and it looks suspicious as hell when I have to veer up out of my lane. Just walk right in front of my car like I asked and it'll all be over quick.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #18375
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I hate when you're trying to cross a busy, multiple-lane road (with no crosswalk) as a pedestrian and some dipshit in the nearest lane inevitably stops directly in front to "invite" you to walk into oncoming traffic, as some sort of favor? Then they get flustered/confused when you don't immediately run into the street.

Without fail there is nobody ever driving behind these people either, and my purpose would've been best served had they simply continued to drive forward.

I've gotten so flustered by these people that now I strain to hide any evidence that I'm planning on crossing a road. If they catch me glancing across the street and slow down, I actively turn around like I'm going in another direction. Then as soon as they pass, I turn around and cross the street right behind them.

Last edited by molson : 03-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #18376
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Scoobz-yeah I hear that all the time. Plus airport locations are sometimes leary to do one way rentals and neighborhood locations are way less stringent.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #18377
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
I get your point, but the fact is, I don't win any extra points in Death Race if you're on the sidewalk, and it looks suspicious as hell when I have to veer up out of my lane. Just walk right in front of my car like I asked and it'll all be over quick.

Heh!
Old 03-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #18378
Critch
lolzcat

It's happening.

If Bill and Ted is even half-decent, Bill and Ted will overtake The Godfather as the greatest movie trilogy ever made.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:06 PM   #18379
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I must confess that I've spent way more mental energy that is appropriate on being irritated that I filled my wife's car up with gas early this morning, only to notice that the price dropped 5 cents per gallon this afternoon. It took less than 10 gallons. It's not even 50 cents, Ben. LET IT GO!!!
Old 03-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #18380
thesloppy
Pro Starter

You ever get some kinda small zit on the backside of your ear and then poke and prod at it until it becomes some kinda bloody mess of pulpy flesh and various bodily fluids? No? Just me then? Alright.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #18381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I told my daughter lunch at school today was peeps and jelly beans in honor of it being April. She excitedly told her brother when he woke up, and they both swore they would eat all their lunch today. I then asked my son what day today is. He realized it was April Fools day. When I informed them lunch was actually chicken fingers my daughter burst in to tears. She was not too happy with me. I think I need to go buy some peeps and jelly beans.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM   #18382
molson
General Manager

I paid my mortgage from my checking account at a different bank like I do every month. The mortgage bank "rejected" the payment, and is alerting me that a payment is still due. But, they took the money from the checking account. The money is just missing from the universe now, and it has been for over a week.

The mortgage bank is looking into it. I'm bracing for them to tell me it's a problem on the other banks' end, and then the other bank will tell me the same.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that my mortgage payment changed this month to escrow re-calculation. But it's just scary to realize how easily they can fuck something like that up, and that we only notice when it prevents a full mortgage payment to go through.

Last edited by molson : 04-01-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #18383
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I paid my mortgage from my checking account at a different bank like I do every month. The mortgage bank "rejected" the payment, and is alerting me that a payment is still due. But, they took the money from the checking account. The money is just missing from the universe now, and it has been for over a week.

The mortgage bank is looking into it. I'm bracing for them to tell me it's a problem on the other banks' end, and then the other bank will tell me the same.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that my mortgage payment changed this month to escrow re-calculation. But it's just scary to realize how easily they can fuck something like that up, and that we only notice when it prevents a full mortgage payment to go through.

The entire ACH system is, to put it mildly, a clusterfuck. Shit like this happens all the time.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #18384
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Was it on autopay, or did you have to go in and setup the payment yourself?
Old 04-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #18385
molson
General Manager

It was as I expected - my mortgage payment went up about $30 as of April 1 due to higher taxes, so when I made a manual payment on March 22, and selected the "regular payment" option, something glitched because that regular payment field was changing to a different amount.

So the mortgage bank said the payment I did make just wasn't applied. They tried to make it sound like a feature not a bug, but there was zero reference to the payment I made anywhere on the site - it didn't deduct from my mortgage balance or anything. So, they told me to make another $30 payment, that it'd all be added together and count as a regular payment. We'll see.

I wonder would what have happened if I didn't notice and I just paid my regular new mortgage payment next month as scheduled.

Last edited by molson : 04-02-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #18386
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shit gets way confusing when you can't tell if a paper towel cuts off in a half sheet or a full one.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #18387
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Shit gets way confusing when you can't tell if a paper towel cuts off in a half sheet or a full one.

I thought that was just me.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #18388
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Gangsta’s Paradise will turn 25 next year, and Coolio really should release a 25th anniversary version that includes the lyric: “I’m 48 now but will I live to see 49? The way things is going I’ll be fine.”
Old 04-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #18389
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Gangsta’s Paradise will turn 25 next year, and Coolio really should release a 25th anniversary version that includes the lyric: “I’m 48 now but will I live to see 49? The way things is going I’ll be fine.”

Hey old guy. STFU!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #18390
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

More importantly, Amish Paradise turns 24 next year.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:50 PM   #18391
thesloppy
Pro Starter

What's up with the weird tubular ice on airplanes? Get outta here with your weird circle ice that tastes like it was pumped through my apartment building's old pipes before freezing.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #18392
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
What's up with the weird tubular ice on airplanes? Get outta here with your weird circle ice that tastes like it was pumped through my apartment building's old pipes before freezing.

As if there's an ice maker on a plane.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #18393
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Preachersnsneakers is a great Instagram acct.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #18394
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

As if there's an ice maker on a plane.

so why the need for de-icing...

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #18395
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Why does the Hulk wear shorts? He may as well swing it around like an Ankylosaurus.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #18396
spleen1015
Coordinator

Those are Banner's pants...

Doctor Strange is an underrated movie.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #18397
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Note to self: When you're in a hole, quit digging.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #18398
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Note to self: When you're in a hole, quit digging.

With slightly different phrasing ("when you reach bottom ... " ) that was one of the very first things I taught my child.

That, and the proper response to the question "how many nerves does daddy have left?"
Old 04-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #18399
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Someone started an "old photos of ..." Facebook group for the county where I grew up. It's got roughly 10% of the county population involved (about 3k group members of out 30k) in the first three days.

Those kinds of Groups always start with a bang and then cool relatively quickly but a lot of people have sure had a blast (from the past) with it this week.

The thing that kinda bothers me is realizing that I recognized more stuff in the black & white pics than I did in the color pics
Old 04-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #18400
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Should I buy a house or shouldn't I? That is the question.