Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #1401
kingfc22
Head Coach

Sweet. I knew my play would be risky on outing Bullet, but I figured it was the only way for me to get out of jail. Also, it made our faction pretty safe from being jailed since everyone knew we were good. Although it didn't really seem like it was going to work for the longest time.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #1402
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Woot i am king! all bow down before me
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #1403
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

darn it! I knew we shoulda left King in Jail! (not really, but at least then I would not have died.)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #1404
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

btw i never knew Anxiety was in my faction. i sorta skimed (ie skipped) most of the posts in the first 3 or 4 days. yea im a bad player
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #1405
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, see what happens when Chubby isn't around to kill you early?

All hail Caeser! Er, Bulletsponge!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 PM   #1406
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I had assumed that king hammed it up about killing me because he knew what I was doing and wanted to distance me from the other three as well.

Heh. Yea, that was pretty fun claiming that I would kill somebody in my own faction. Looks like my move to kill NTN helped us win the game.

All hail King Bullet!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #1407
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree. The faction verus faction part didn't work out as well as I had hoped since people didn't realize how close the game was to ending and thus didn't start to sabotage the other good guys.
I think that was mainly a function of us only getting one point total over the entire course of the game. Although, if there was an attempt to start interfaction fighting, I'm not sure how that would have worked. Maybe the non-tolerating factions uniting to try to jail the leader of the leading faction.

Quote:
The good guys, in the end, batted a 100%. I am not sure if that was a fault of the game or just good playing by the humans.
We batted 1.000 on executions, but not nearly as well on jailing people. Basically, the two-step process brought us back from the ledge on some folks.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #1408
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Was too busy at work, never got into this game much, and didn't really play well or make any contribution. Fun game, but seems hard for the assassins. It seemed like if someone really wanted to take the time, between the scores and Mr.W's code, it was possible to figure most everything out.
My code?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #1409
Blade6119
Coordinator

I suppose i should explain my odd play on day 3.

As a faction leader i figured the best way to avoid detection/death was to stay under the radar. Unlike others(realdeal, grey, to some extent bullet) i cant go quiet and get away with it. So i had to figure out a way to stay in the open but not be pegged as a faction leader. So i decided to begin claiming vauge messages to look like a villager. While typing my first message out(originally it had nothing to do with grey or lathum) i decided i could use my cover as a way to hunt for bad guys. I picked a random name in grey, and qwikshot since he was someone a leader would discuss, and made a random message.

My thoughts being that bad guys were desperately looking for a group to cling to that would shelter them from persecution. I hoped that my vauge claims would be easy enough to grasp onto, and i could catch a few wolves. I came out with the story and sure enough the first two to back me in any way were lathum and cronin. Chief and anxiety did follow, but i saw 4 people and figured i had multiple wolves on my hands(NTN followed, but i knew he was in my faction so i disregarded him).

I planned on coming totally clean the next day and saying we should examine strongly these 4, but i was killed that night unfortunately.

WVU on the other hand, with his no vote, i would have had a terrible time fingering.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #1410
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The only code we ever had was, use the word "strange" AND mention "Barkeep". st.cronin did that, although I never fully trusted him because of the night 1 conversion (which I knew to be either night 1 or night 2). DodgerChick did that too, but then she did something really weird on day 2 where she seemed to be really obviously following st.cronin's suggestion but didn't use the right letters from the PM. I abstained from this because I had no idea how to use that many letters without being transparently obvious.

Day 2, no message from grey, day 3 was only to tell us when he was protected, and after that he was gone entirely.

I was very suspicious of Lathum, but never pegged anybody else. Considering how I was flailing around I'm a little surprised I was targetted.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:36 PM   #1411
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
The only code we ever had was, use the word "strange" AND mention "Barkeep". st.cronin did that, although I never fully trusted him because of the night 1 conversion (which I knew to be either night 1 or night 2). DodgerChick did that too, but then she did something really weird on day 2 where she seemed to be really obviously following st.cronin's suggestion but didn't use the right letters from the PM. I abstained from this because I had no idea how to use that many letters without being transparently obvious.

Day 2, no message from grey, day 3 was only to tell us when he was protected, and after that he was gone entirely.

I was very suspicious of Lathum, but never pegged anybody else. Considering how I was flailing around I'm a little surprised I was targetted.
I thought he meant your roles code, which was revealed upon your death. Your notes were left in code, which barkeep deciphered for the group. It referred to how many roles were out there.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #1412
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Right, that makes sense.

(I was posting the latter just for general interest.)

Old 10-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #1413
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I thought there was one fast talker per faction, which was an (unstated) reason for pushing the count of four factions back when we were trying to figure that, aside from it just made sense.

If I had been forced into a role reveal, I actually wouldn't have passed most of the information in my "coded notes" on. There were a couple of things that were useful to the villagers (known conversion count, existence of an assassin role or two), but I didn't think the absence of the seer or the large number of fast-talking nobles was something I really wanted the assassins to know.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 10-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #1414
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Remember though, we were told at the beginning of the game there was one fast talker per faction.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #1415
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Actually,
There will be 1 Noble Leader and at least 1 Fast Talking Noble for each faction in the game.

Heh. I missed that, but still came to approximately the same conclusion.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #1416
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Rum, why the heck did you leave your vote on me on Day 1, with us on the same faction? I thought I telegraphed my faction pretty clearly, although I'm pretty sure you did not ... made it a bear to follow for me and Fouts (from what I could tell).

It was a combination of confusion over the points system, and some weird glitch in my PM settings.

I didn't know I was in yours and Fouts faction until almost the deadline on Day 1. Some bug related to my Private Message pop up kept it from coming up, so I didn't see RealDeal's PM for almost the entire day. I thought RD just forgot to send in a message in the lead up time to the first day. By that time, I had already accused you and said I was sticking with you because I had no one better to vote for.

I finally saw the PM about an hour before the deadline. After discovering my error and who the members of my faction were, I posted this in post #301:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, with this many factions, it wouldn't surprise me if st. cronin's fear comes true again, and some nobles mistake or simply miss their leader's message intent or message altogether, thus causing havoc in that faction's dealings.

Even if everyone gets it right, it has to be downright confusing with so many factions. Does anyone who played in the last TACK have any tips for how to handle things in this one?

As you can see, I suggest exactly what happened in the first sentence, and then I start the second sentence with "E", as RD requested in his message. Obviously, this was not my first post, so I was hoping the first paragraph would make it clear.

I followed RD's instructions the next two nights to a T, including letting you guys know I was a warrior, cocky or wise (warrior, obviously).

As for leaving my vote on you, the points were confusing to me, and it seemed important to keep our faction hidden at the time. I didn't think it cost us any points for me to leave my harmless vote on you, since you weren't headed to jail. I thought a late switch would have been suspicious as well, and brought attention to both of us. Plus, you were already making a lot of noise in the game by that time.

I am surprised I was successful as a warrior as I was, because I thought I was a dismal failure.

I protected RD on night 1, because he was our faction leader. I didn't know if he would pick even or odd. Unfortunately, he picked odd, so it was a waste of a protection. On Night 2, I protected you, not seeing you would jump on your points theory with the first execution and making you an obvious target the next night. I couldn't protect you on night 3, and of course, you were killed. I think I protected myself that night. It was a stupid move--I should have also anticipated the attack on Mr. W, who was also very vocal with his theories and points.

Night 4 was the night I protected Fouts, and it turns out to be a critical move. What disappoints me is that I didn't learn anything about it, since Fouts was a target. I would have thought I would have learned the identity of an assassin if an attack was made on Fouts, but clearly I did not. Usually in WW games, the bodyguard and assassin are revealed to one another, at least from what I have seen. There was nothing in my message at all about that night.

Last night I protected bulletsponge, as an "outed" faction leader. Obviously, the assassins went after Fouts again, so my protection didn't figure into things there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #1417
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Except Fouts first post after being converted was to try to free you. That raised eyebrows with a lot of folks.

Wrong, I said no execute. You were dead, how would you know about eyebrows being raised?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:16 AM   #1418
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I appreicate Barkeep trying to save the mistake of the mysterious pm, but I was absolutely right in thinking Fouts and Chief Rum were clean.

We each got a pm on Night Three stating that we could not find the message from our leader. Fouts aand CR are the two that I would have wanted to vouch for me and vice versa on Day Four if needed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:16 AM   #1419
Fouts
College Starter

Nice job on the protection, Chief. If they had gotten me a day earlier, no way Lathum is jailed. BTW, you were probably dead if the game wasn't over, because I passed on to the assassins that you were the warrior. I would have freed everyone from jail, too.

Confusing game for the most part. I didn't see any way for the villagers to catch the bad guys in time with all the conversions possible. What I didn't realize is the points would end the game.

I love the detail you put in the game, BK. Thanks for hosting.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #1420
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CR, is one of the reasons you protected Fouts on Night 4 because he was included in our pm as well as being in your faction?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #1421
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I appreicate Barkeep trying to save the mistake of the mysterious pm, but I was absolutely right in thinking Fouts and Chief Rum were clean.

We each got a pm on Night Three stating that we could not find the message from our leader. Fouts aand CR are the two that I would have wanted to vouch for me and vice versa on Day Four if needed.

Yep, I exchanged some pm's about that with BK before reading your post. I thought it cleared you two, but not 100% since BK said it was a mistake to think that. I suppose he meant about my being a fast-talker (which I didn't know).
Old 10-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #1422
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yup, I would have vouched for you if it came to it. Fouts wouldn't have, but we know why now.

Actually, he may have, because if he didn't, he would know I would guess he had been converted.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #1423
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, is one of the reasons you protected Fouts on Night 4 because he was included in our pm as well as being in your faction?

Actually, Fouts had been pretty vocal about his points theories to that point, at least after hoopsguy and Mr. W had been killed. It was between him and BrianD, and I chose to protect my fellow faction member.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #1424
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh yeah, and the PM had nothing to do with it, because I already knew Fouts was good (obviously, I didn't know he was a Fast Talker). What that PM did for me was clear you.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #1425
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

I didnt' know CR was in my faction until the pm from BK. Then I went back and found his day 2 code, but not his day 1. I figured he just missed it. I was very suprised at how little heat that realdeal and CR took in this game. They were very quiet, and nobody questioned that.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #1426
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Nice job on the protection, Chief. If they had gotten me a day earlier, no way Lathum is jailed. BTW, you were probably dead if the game wasn't over, because I passed on to the assassins that you were the warrior. I would have freed everyone from jail, too.

Confusing game for the most part. I didn't see any way for the villagers to catch the bad guys in time with all the conversions possible. What I didn't realize is the points would end the game.

Interesting. So you did figure out my message from Day One and realized I was in your faction. Or was it the PM?

Actually, you must have figured it out before that, because you would have had to know to look for the code in my message. Since by that time Mr. W was revealed as the Wise noble, I could only be cocky or the warrior, and you knew from ntn's actions/revelations that he was the cocky noble. Am I following your line of thinking right?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 AM   #1427
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didnt' know CR was in my faction until the pm from BK. Then I went back and found his day 2 code, but not his day 1. I figured he just missed it. I was very suprised at how little heat that realdeal and CR took in this game. They were very quiet, and nobody questioned that.

Ah ha, answered part of what I suggested in the previous post. Obviously, I point out now what happened with the Day 1 post. Weird thing. I guess you didn't make note of that particular post I made.

I actually was pretty vocal early on, as I was on vacation and at home. My only real disadvantage there was, when on vacation, I sleep in, and I am on the West Coast. So no one hears from me until 12 p.m. PDT (3 p.m. EDT) on those days.

Of course, this week, I have been back at work, so my normal disappearing act from previous games (early posting/late posting only) kicked in.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:28 AM   #1428
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I agree. Barkeep's games are a lot of fun.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #1429
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Interesting. So you did figure out my message from Day One and realized I was in your faction. Or was it the PM?

Actually, you must have figured it out before that, because you would have had to know to look for the code in my message. Since by that time Mr. W was revealed as the Wise noble, I could only be cocky or the warrior, and you knew from ntn's actions/revelations that he was the cocky noble. Am I following your line of thinking right?

Yes. What happened was after the pm mistake from BK, I looked through your first posts of each day and although day 1 didn't fit, day 2 did.

After I was converted, I was passing info to the bad guys and noticed realdeal's message about cocky, wise, or warrior. I looked at your first post after that pm, and it fit. Mr. Wed = wise, King = cocky, so you had to be warrior.

I also relayed that realdeal said he protected odd, but I told them he might be lying. I couldn't understand why we would need that info. Because Chief was the warrior, thats why.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 AM   #1430
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I was just coverying my ass there. Everyone, except Faction A, whose leader was in jail, that night recieved the same message, including cronin. So if I had messed up on the other message there would have been an assassin included in your "cleared" list.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #1431
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I don't want to respond to a dozen different posts, so I'll try to summarize my thoughts in one post.

King and Anxiety...I now understand what you were doing with all of your fighting. At the time you were doing it, I was totally confused. I was pretty sure one or both of you didn't realize you were in the same faction and I couldn't figure out how to let you know. Anxiety, I did notice your slip by using the word "our" and I'm really surprised that nobody pointed it out. Toward the end of the whole fight, I was sure that everyone would know that you were part of the faction.

A bunch of people were surprised to learn that WVU was an assassin, but I had him pretty well pegged. Since I knew from the beginning that Bullet was a leader, I had a different point total than most other people. While I posted a list totaling 21 points, my own total was really 24. The only way I could get close to 27 points was to take all of WVU's non-posts and change them from a negative point penalty to a positive point penalty. I would have come out with all of this soon since everyone now knew about Bullet.

I was also starting to be suspicious of st.cronin, but I had no clue about Fouts. I probably would have gone down protecting him.

If we played a few more games like this without making any changes, I think the results would be much different. Since nobody knew how the points really worked or what a good strategy would be, all of the nobles joined together to kick out the assassins. After a few more games, the nobles would probably try to fight against each other a bit more. We could probably also take away the minor victory for having a different leader crowned king. If there is only a victory for your guy getting crowned, or all assassins killed, there would be more in-fighting.

All in all, a very fun concept which probably would be very interesting if schedules would permit people to be more active.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #1432
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

I considered people focusing on my faction leader to be a more proximate concern to me than others, and Chief Rum voted the right way the first time greyroofoo came up. That's why I didn't focus on him.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #1433
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post

If I remember correctly, cronin wanted us to take the first letter of the message and make a sentence with it. I wasn't sure if that meant the first message from our leader, or the first sentence from the PM we received. I understood it to mean the first sentence of the PM which was:

In the morning you notice Greyroofoo drop a note. IT reads
Quote:
Identify. Mention Barkeep in a post. Also use the word "Strange"

Looks like I misunderstood what he was saying.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #1434
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

He wanted us to take the first letter of every word in the message and make a sentence out of it, or so I thought.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #1435
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
its funny that grey and schmitdy got a minor victory when they really were never around

That's true that I wasn't around much, but it's pretty unfair to slam me since I only started (as a fill in) like 4-5 days ago.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #1436
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
That's true that I wasn't around much, but it's pretty unfair to slam me since I only started (as a fill in) like 4-5 days ago.

I didn't know that was a 'slam' And i said it was funny...get a grip.

It is also funny that there is more conversation after the game is over than while the game was being played.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #1437
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's 'cuz most of the people conversing are the ones who got killed off while the game was in progress.