Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #401
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If Bug doesn't start working on the engine room I'll be changing my vote.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #402
MrBug708
Head Coach

Vote Pennywise
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #403
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heading out for a flag football game. I like Vince's theory, so I'm voting Schmidty.

VOTE Schmidty
Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #404
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
If Bug doesn't start working on the engine room I'll be changing my vote.

I'm shaking in my boots
Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #405
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708

Yeah, sorry, you posted that while I was typing my post. But, like everyone else has said, there is no recovery time during the day so it'd be very helpful to us if you'd get to work on the engines. I want to get the hell off this planet!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #406
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Heading out for a flag football game. I like Vince's theory, so I'm voting Schmidty.

VOTE Schmidty

You're just doing what you always do in games with me.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #407
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well Bug has been about as illogical and belligerent as possible so far.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #408
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
You're just doing what you always do in games with me.

LOL. I never thought of it that way. You're right.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #409
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Bug, Pennywise was in the brig and thus could not have participated in an attack. There are higher-percentage people in play right now.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #410
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Pennywise

Im at a loss for why you would do this...please explain...we have two spawn at least according to vince if you beleive him "story," who attacked him last night, and penny was in the brig all night...please elaborate kyle
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #411
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm also at a loss as to why he thinks he shouldn't be repairing the engine room. Unless someone fakes it should be completed by the end of this cycle, correct?

Old 09-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #412
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Well, it looks like this is just settling down into battle lines right now. I know MrBug is being a little odd right now, but he went beyond the call of duty working overnight to fix the engines, so I'm going to give him a pass for today.

Vote Marc Vaughan

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #413
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Vote Pennywise

Can you please explain your rationale?

Edited for spelling

Last edited by pennywisesb : 09-07-2005 at 05:51 PM.
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #414
saldana
Pro Starter

in defense of bug, barkeep isnt in the thread right now, so if bug did pm him, it wouldnt be showing up yet, however, if i see barkeep in the thread and no info about bug working on the engines since he now knows he cant sleep during the day, i will be changing my vote at the last minute.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #415
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'd be content with him saying he's instructed Barkeep.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #416
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I have no idea why he's wasting a vote on me.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #417
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I have no idea why he's wasting a vote on me.

Because he wants to make himself a target?

I really have no idea what he's thinking, but if he doesn't explain what he's thinking soon, I'm going to vote for him. I'm seeing more reason to vote for Bug than MV right now.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #418
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm also at a loss as to why he thinks he shouldn't be repairing the engine room. Unless someone fakes it should be completed by the end of this cycle, correct?
Why are you all convinced that I have not sent in my instructions already?

We are all pretty much making wild guesses anyhow. What's the point of me telling you guys exactly what ever step I make is. I could be lying just as much as telling the true. I never said I was JUST going to sit around and rest. I said I could, but obviously I cannot now that the rules have been clarified. I guess Im the only one who has had a problem with understanding all of the rules.

It's just a game and some of you guys are acting like total drama queen's about it.

But since you want me to just throw my support back at voting Marc and we can accomplish nothing.

Unvote - Pennywise
Vote - Marc

I guess it will be that much harder to find out whose good and whose bad with more percentage votes at somewhere else.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #419
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Old 09-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #420
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why are you all convinced that I have not sent in my instructions already?

Because you haven't said you have?

Quote:
It's just a game and some of you guys are acting like total drama queen's about it.

I think you are intepreting things wrong. You are just confusing everyone.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #421
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess it will be that much harder to find out whose good and whose bad with more percentage votes at somewhere else.

People are jumping on you because Penny was in the Brig, while at least two spawns were outside the Brig.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #422
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bug, what is the point in being deceptive about working on the engines? What is the point of targeting someone who is one of four people who are less likely (due to being in the brig) to be working against the crew. If you want to spread votes to make people defend themselves, perhaps someone besides the four in the brig would make better options?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #423
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Because you haven't said you have?

I think you are intepreting things wrong. You are just confusing everyone.

Didn't think I needed to tell my actions to everyone....If I miss the deadline then I would think I would need a little more explaining to do.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #424
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You don't need to, but if you are keeping something important secret for no reason, then yes, people are going to start suspecting you.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #425
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Sorry if it sounded like we were attacking you. And I didn't mean for you to just "throw" a vote out. I just didn't know your reasoning for voting for me after Blade specifically said I was locked in the brig last night which means there was NO WAY I could have participated in an attack on Vince. I just wanted you to give some reasoning on why you voted for me. Thats all. And like Hoopsguy said, there's no reason to be deceptive towards working on the engines. Being deceptive just gives us something to be suspicious of you about.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #426
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, I'm going to have to leave to pick up my wife from the airport soon, so I better vote. I have no huge reason to think it's him, but in the hopes of self-preservation, I vote:

Marc Vaughn
Old 09-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #427
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so there were at least two spawns last night on the attack. No news here, as we knew that there were two defined roles. And that up to three of them (Council) can work together to coordinate attacks. The fact that they were looking to convert is news, although pretty predictable. Going after the doctors, as noted by Jeff, seems like a logical play.

We also know, with a high degree of certainty, that there were spawn on the Away Trip today. This might argue for taking fewer people on subsequent trips, if one spawn can have such a dramatic impact on the results. The five man crew yesterday netted enough water for almost two days, on a day with strong results. I think we need to have at least three man teams to sustain our water, but I'm not sure how much higher we should be going than that unless we start having some luck killing spawn.

As far as I can tell, the only way spawn die is via lynching. So it is essential that we vote. Morbid as this may be, the crew benefits a little bit from losing a member of the crew by conserving water.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #428
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Where is that Mr. Bug" if it was said once it was said a thousand times today. While the other four engineers were hard at work in engineering he was no where to be seen. Thus when he suddenly shows up to dinner everyone casts him a dirty look. Finally one of the other engineers goes up and says "Where the *&!# have you been?" Bug gives him a weird look and replies "I had to fix the power relays for the engines. I've been up doing that all day." A little embarassed that he hadn't thought to help out with this crucial task the engineer slinks back to his group and reports where Bug has been all day.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #429
hoopsguy
General Manager

From Post #1 - Spawnlings
Quote:
Spawnlings
These are crew members who are not quite Spawn. If they are not cured in the next day cycle they will become Spawn and be randomly assigned a role from the Other Spawn list (see above). Crew members might or might not know they are spawnlings, but the Hive Mind knows the identities of all spawnlings.

Barkeep, if someone went on an Away Trip and became infected during the day, would that present day count as "the next day cycle"? As in they would be full spawn by nightfall?

If this is not the case, then I don't think it makes as much sense to look at sabotage by a Day 1 ten percenter (as if that is a word) becaue they would be spawnlings today and less likely to sabotage even if they knew. I would think that the ante would rise on Schmidty, Fouts, and I in this scenario.

I'm not trying to go out of my way to save Marc Vaughn, who I have very little idea if he is spawn or not. I just want to make sure we collectively have as good an understanding about the game mechanics as we can before stringing him up over a rules interpretation question.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #430
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think we're stringing him up more because it looks suspicious that he joined the party and the results went in the crapper than because of a specific rules interpretation.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #431
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
If left untreated Spawnlings become Spawn at the start of the next day cycle. They might or might not know they are Spawnlings. So for instance IF someone became a Spawnling after yesterdays away team they would have become Spawn today.

If a person knows he's a spawnling he might perhaps decide to join evil and do nothing about it or or he can try to get treated by the doctor or nurse.

However, if there is a Spawnling on the Away Mission it does not count against success. Only full grown Spawn can do that.

Let me know if you need more info
bump

i think this answers the question above
Old 09-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #432
MrBug708
Head Coach

*shakes head*
Old 09-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #433
hoopsguy
General Manager

Marc was on the first trip (see Post #206). I was one of the three new people in the group today, along with Fouts and Schmidty.

Fouts and Schmidty were both exhausted today after excercising private actions last night. I had the option to guard the water last night (believe this is a private action) but choose not to because:
1.) I wasn't sure if I had a phaser - the posts on this topic yesterday were a mess
2.) I wasn't sure they would attack the water. Letting us get exhausted before attacking the areas we are guarding, or hoping to find the areas unguarded because we are exhausted, seemed like sound strategies. So I tried to anticipate how they would play it and was lucky they didn't attack my area while I rested.

Edited for spelling

Last edited by hoopsguy : 09-07-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #434
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, where I'm asking for clarity is if they are spawnlings immediately or become spawnlings that evening? It makes a difference for when the next day cycle comes around.

This also should make a difference for the time of day we run the away teams - really need to run them early in the day so we have the opportunity to look at the members if the water collection is substandard like todays. If we get water results after the docs have already committed their scans, then we are left scratching our heads on this front. Like today.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #435
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Barkeep, am I crazy, or do I remember you mentioning that privates MAY have secret roles?

You're crazy . Everyone has a secret role, it's just that some people know theirs while others do not. I have used secret role and private role interchangably so it's possible that's how the confusion happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndvls
did we ever get confirmation from Barkeep what was protected last night by the Security Crewman per the rules?

Yup. It was in today's status report: Schmidty protected KWhit.

Going back out for an hour or so. Will be back around deadline.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #436
hoopsguy
General Manager

Correction - #148 names the team for the first day Away Team, #206 shows the results from the first day Away Team.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #437
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Saldana, where I'm asking for clarity is if they are spawnlings immediately or become spawnlings that evening? It makes a difference for when the next day cycle comes around.

This also should make a difference for the time of day we run the away teams - really need to run them early in the day so we have the opportunity to look at the members if the water collection is substandard like todays. If we get water results after the docs have already committed their scans, then we are left scratching our heads on this front. Like today.

Right away. So if they were inspected after the away team and had become a spawnling you would know. Gone fore real now .
Old 09-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #438
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oh, and in case it is required to post this - I'll pick up that phaser for tonight with the intention of using it if attacked while guarding my post.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #439
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think there was a spawn on that away mission somewhere....I'm not 100% convinced that it was Marc, but we HAVE to lynch someone tonight or we aren't making any progress. He is as likely a suspect as anyone else that went on that mission so its fine with me. The only problem I have is he was one of the 3 on the second mission that was on the first, but screw it.

Vote Marc Vaughn
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #440
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

i got it now...the exact timing of the conversion would be very helpful.

as far as the time of day for away missions, i would hope that barkeep didnt make this game THAT complex, that time of day matters...that is really putting some tough constraints on people that work or go to school, etc.

and with all due respect to the capt and xo, i agree that we need a little more coordination for our actions that could generate extremely relavent info.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #441
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thanks, Barkeep. OK, then it does make sense to question everyone from the first team as well as the people on the second team. Although I don't think Marc would be my highest priority.

There is only about a 40% chance that one of the guys from the first day went the spawnling/spawn route (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = % that everyone is clean, subtract that number from 1 and you get about 41%).

Now if you think that this 40% came in, then you would have to pick out which person was converted. The popular opinion right now seems to be that Marc Vaughn is that guy. The fact that the other privates were locked in the brig last night would have zero impact on his conversion from spawnling to spawn. Pennywise and Passacaglia are equally as likely to have been infected yesterday and spawn today.

So are you voting for Marc because you think he was a spawn yesterday? If so, then why didn't he sabotage the mission yesterday?

Again, I don't want to tell anyone how to vote. I would encourage everyone to cast a vote before the day is up. I'm just trying to understand this bandwagon. It feels like it has either been built by some bad assumptions on spawn vs spawnling or by deliberate intent to sacrifice someone.

My top four right now:
RealDeal
Bek
Fouts
Schmidty

All four fall on my initial list based on actions yesterday - either inactivity or by night activity that cannot be confirmed. None of the four are particularly strong candidates at this point. Schmidty and Fouts joined me as newcomers on today's Away Trip - statistically there is only a 40% chance that anyone who was clean yesterday was converted to spawnling, and then spawn. Even less if there was already a spawn in the original group, although that would suggest that they did not tamper with the water results yesterday.

The guys that are low on the suspicion meter right now:
Me - I know that I'm not a spawn. Hopefully every crew member has themselves atop their personal list of trust.
Vince - nice play if he is making up the spawn attack
Ardent - Vince cleared him yesterday, would not be spawn yet if attacked last night. Less likely to be attacked last night with two attacking Vince.

The guy that I'm most concerned at the moment about being a possible spawn is Dub, since as the scientist he seems like he would be the most detrimental spawn role to our survival efforts. No water for 2 days = spawn win. Plus he cannot be replaced through the promotion of a private.

In regards to promotions, if there are two equal candidates I would be more inclined to go with an officer that can be replaced by a private than the private. The promotion option makes privates versatile in terms of filling multiple roles. Other officers do not have this flexibility if we lynch an innocent. Weird logic, I guess - but I'm curious if this makes sense to other people as well.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #442
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So are you voting for Marc because you think he was a spawn yesterday? If so, then why didn't he sabotage the mission yesterday?

This is what I'm hoping, like I said before, I don't know why there was no sabotage day 1.

In the end I'm voting for him because he was the only private on the second away mission that was not in the brig, and I am not confident enough to go after a more important public role. I don't think he was converted, why would they go after a Private?

Quote:
Vince - nice play if he is making up the spawn attack
Indeed, I was planning to go back and see if any spawn actions could cause the same effect. Maybe Vince used a private role rather than his doctor role behind closed doors?

Did Raiders Army's patients make "Wierd Noises?

Quote:
The guy that I'm most concerned at the moment about being a possible spawn is Dub, since as the scientist he seems like he would be the most detrimental spawn role to our survival efforts. No water for 2 days = spawn win.

You and I are on the same page. I'd love to get him checked out tomorrow, on the negative side we can't be 100% confident no matter what the results are.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #443
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm still confused by MrBug. Why vote for pennywise? And then, why back down so much when asked about it? And responding with personal attacks to boot.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #444
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm guessing he just wasn't up to speed before making that vote.

In anycase, he's still going to have some heat on him no matter what happens.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #445
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote Schmidty

Vote count right now:
Marc Vaughan (7) - Jeff, Saldana, SnDvls, MrW, Bug, Schmidty, Dubb
Schmidty (2) - Ardent, Hoopsguy

We have enough to lynch Marc. I'm not confident in my vote, but I'm not confident in Marc either and there is no purpose in joining his bandwagon at this stage. I'm happy to switch if compelling evidence comes up.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #446
Passacaglia
Coordinator

As for Marc....I can see which way the wind is blowing here, but I'd like to propose some restraint. I may be saying this just because some suspicion has been blown my way and it freaks me out, but aren't we all needed to do stuff? I can understand everyone's impatience with the away team -- I mean, we drank WAYYY more water than we found. But, do we even know that spawns can sabotage missions?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #447
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

After reading everything this seems like the most logical

VOTE MARC
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #448
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Question: Can we execute more than one person? Say, if the vote is split 6-6-6?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #449
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Back. They cancelled my game due to lightning. I'm still looking for the lightning.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #450
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The Marc vote has been way to easy, so my hopes are dwindling.

We are going to need to make a ballsy vote tomorrow I think, going 100% on logic and less on role importance.

Between the roles and the vote limits, it's a tough to nail people. Course the captain can overrule all that at the risk of a mutiny.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2005 at 07:13 PM.