Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #201
path12
Coordinator

Through post #199:

Anxiety 3 -- ardent (146), BrianD (177), Swaggs (180)
BrianD 2 -- Bek (131), Passacaglia (153)
Swaggs 2 -- Anxiety (107), Lathum (144)
RealDeal 2 -- saldana (152), Grammaticus (169)
Blade6119 2 -- Greyroofoo (92), RealDeal (197)
Conflaguration 1 -- st.cronin (77)
Chubby 1 -- bulletsponge (74)
hoops 1 -- Alan T (75)
Bek 1 -- Dodgerchick (79)
bulletsponge 1 -- Chubby (80)
Greyroofoo 1 -- Blade (85)
st.cronin 1 -- Conflaguration (97)

Not voting: hoopsguy, GoldenEagle
Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #202
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
i love werewolf.

I love when people always assume im the one who starts this stuff...if i respond to his taunts, im being blade..if i dont, im still a dick
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Blade, if it makes ya feel better, I've never voted for you for any reason other than an in game reason.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lathum and Blade, you are both on right now. Here's an interesting question. I may have to move my vote off Swaggs (who is acting oddly) for pure self defense reasons. The only options right now are Blade, BrianD and RealDeal. I'm not jumping right now, but of those three, which one would you vote for and why?

Old 09-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #205
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Lathum and Blade, you are both on right now. Here's an interesting question. I may have to move my vote off Swaggs (who is acting oddly) for pure self defense reasons. The only options right now are Blade, BrianD and RealDeal. I'm not jumping right now, but of those three, which one would you vote for and why?

Well 1 is me, so i dont think i would vote myself. Another is the one attacking me, so my judgement might be clouded there. Brian was quite happy to gang up on you, with swaggs.

Id wait to move your vote. Hoops was considering voting swaggs, and i want to move my vote. Im just trying to make sure i dont let my emotions push me in a certain way if the clues lead elsewhere.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I don;t expect to do it for a while, but I want to be thinking about it.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

hoops, saldana, any ideas?

Old 09-11-2006, 05:32 PM   #208
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, I don;t expect to do it for a while, but I want to be thinking about it.

Im willing to work with you...i would prefer if you didnt die on day 1, as you are always fun to play with/against.
Demotivation
Old 09-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #209
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
hoops, saldana, any ideas?

not really a big fan of the the move swaggs/briand just pulled on you and was thinking about going to swaggs....reason for him instead of brian is that swaggs was using your "standing up for lathum" as a reason to vote for you....

he has been in enough games to have seen people answer for other people before...i have done it hundreds of times if someone is being accused of going UTR, but i know why they arent here (like when you are a no show every tuesday). i thought that for him to say that no one ever stands up for another player unless they have something to hide was odd, possibly just trying to drum up a run on someone

and since it is day one, which means we all basically got nothing, thats the strongest case i could build.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fair enough saldana.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #211
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Is it just me or are alot of people stirring up alot of stuff on day 1.. Im not really sure why people are jumping at each other for early maneuvering.. my assumption is that usually day 1 we're all off track anyways and are just fighting amongst ourselves..

I think to make a whole bunch of fuss that will set us in the wrong direction for days is kind of silly.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #212
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Is it just me or are alot of people stirring up alot of stuff on day 1.. Im not really sure why people are jumping at each other for early maneuvering.. my assumption is that usually day 1 we're all off track anyways and are just fighting amongst ourselves..

I think to make a whole bunch of fuss that will set us in the wrong direction for days is kind of silly.

See, but what if this is the time were not. We have had day 1s, at least 4-5, with wolves in close duels. Even 2 i think that were wolf-wolf. Usually the wolves get off...ya, sometimes its villager villager, but sometimes theres a wolf. I think we have to take a chance and hope we get a wolf in a runoff
Demotivation
Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #213
path12
Coordinator

One note: Commute + gym = results when I get done (prob around 10 Eastern). All votes after 9 will not count of course......and night orders/tiebreaks are welcome anytime.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #214
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am back early and catching up.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #215
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
not really a big fan of the the move swaggs/briand just pulled on you and was thinking about going to swaggs....reason for him instead of brian is that swaggs was using your "standing up for lathum" as a reason to vote for you....

he has been in enough games to have seen people answer for other people before...i have done it hundreds of times if someone is being accused of going UTR, but i know why they arent here (like when you are a no show every tuesday). i thought that for him to say that no one ever stands up for another player unless they have something to hide was odd, possibly just trying to drum up a run on someone

and since it is day one, which means we all basically got nothing, thats the strongest case i could build.

I disagree with you. I think it is strange for anyone to make themselves more visible on day one, like Anxiety did in "attacking" me for voting for Lathum. Anxiety is probably only a one-in-five shot of being evil, but I thought his behavior stood out as being strange, so I voted for him.

If people think I am acting strange by voting for him over that, rather than randomly picking someone, I don't know what to do about that.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #216
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
See, but what if this is the time were not. We have had day 1s, at least 4-5, with wolves in close duels. Even 2 i think that were wolf-wolf. Usually the wolves get off...ya, sometimes its villager villager, but sometimes theres a wolf. I think we have to take a chance and hope we get a wolf in a runoff

I guess.. I just don't really know how to quantify voting for people in a close vote when I don't know anything about them and all of their arguements seem a bit weird for the day 1 vote. I don't really feel like sticking my neck out right now for any of them to be honest.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #217
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, my thoughts on this is that it is a Day 1 vote, more or less. But if you start to feel some kind of currents emerging with the votes, it makes sense to pay attention to them. We just have less context now than we would for this later in the game. And, truth be told, we are going to be lacking context for most of the game with how it is currently structured.

For this reason (lack of published results on both day and night kills) I'm guessing we are not facing many evils to start. I'm thinking two original Revolutionaries + Pilkington, plus the seer and convert, which count as villagers. So our chances of hitting someone today are not that good. And, even if we do, we probably don't learn about it for a couple of days.

OK, time for a quick re-read before submitting my vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #218
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't have any particular insight but I think we really, really need to avoid a tie.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #219
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, my favorite post of the game so far has been RealDeal accusing Conflagration of being UTR.

On Day 1.

When he had less than five total FOFC posts prior to the start of this game.

I'm also tempted to vote for Blade/Bek for exchange Oreo cookie smoothies or whatever else happened during their late-night chat (as noted by Chief Rum).

In regards to Swaggs, if he is playing as a bad guy he is off to a poor start. Messing up the deadline and the players who had not posted (as pointed out by Anxiety and Passacaglia, respectively) is not exactly playing to win as a bad guy. I was pretty sure I was going to put my vote on him after Passacaglia's questioning (posts #178 - 185), but as I'm thinking about it now I'm moving towards the idea that Swaggs is a better player than this. And most people are more careful as evil than they are as good. His usual style is to play a more quiet game than this. Why is he being this aggressive early in the game?

Sigh ... I really don't think that everything is 100% on the up-and-up with the vote runoff this afternoon. And I trust Anxiety more than Swaggs at this point, so I would prefer not to see him killed. So despite my 2nd-guessing above I'm going to

VOTE SWAGGS
Old 09-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #220
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't have any particular insight but I think we really, really need to avoid a tie.

Any particular reason you feel this way?

My understanding was someone randomly has a tiebreaker that they can use. then when they use it, it goes to someone else each time.

Didn't sound like a bad thing or good thing really to me.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #221
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I have just forced the tie you wanted to avoid with GoldenEagle remaining. The two people tied (Swaggs and Anxiety) already have their votes on each other, so they are unlikely to move them.

Given that the tie-breaker rotates, is there any downside to the tie-breaker revealing themselves? Does it make them a better/worse target for the Revolutionaries or for the rest of the Farm?

I fully expect to be attacked now for trying to force a role reveal by the tie-breaker Which I'm not necessarily advocating, just trying to understand the merits of secrecy for this transitional role in this specific game.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #222
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Any particular reason you feel this way?

My understanding was someone randomly has a tiebreaker that they can use. then when they use it, it goes to someone else each time.

Didn't sound like a bad thing or good thing really to me.

Only thing that gives me unease about it is that it might give the badguys an easy victim to kill, without generating any discussion about WHY that player was killed.

knives out
Old 09-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #223
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, I have just forced the tie you wanted to avoid with GoldenEagle remaining. The two people tied (Swaggs and Anxiety) already have their votes on each other, so they are unlikely to move them.

Given that the tie-breaker rotates, is there any downside to the tie-breaker revealing themselves? Does it make them a better/worse target for the Revolutionaries or for the rest of the Farm?

I fully expect to be attacked now for trying to force a role reveal by the tie-breaker Which I'm not necessarily advocating, just trying to understand the merits of secrecy for this transitional role in this specific game.

they cant reveal that they have the tiebreaker...although reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 from The Rules
Tiebreak procedure: A player will be chosen at random to have the tiebreak power one time only. Once used, a new player will be chosen at random. Please do not reveal when you have the tiebreak upon pain of a sudden lightning bolt striking you down and out of the game.

i am not sure if that means you cant say it was you after the day has ended...i think we need a clarification on that from Path before anyone says anything.

btw, i am leaving my vote on RD...after the disaster last game with leading the day one charge, i am going to revert to my sit back and observe everyone else strategy that has served me better in the past.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #224
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i am out until after the deadline...gotta go to lunch
Old 09-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #225
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, I guess it's possible that who broke the tie doesn't get revealed. Anyway, my caution wasn't particularly game-specific, just that in general a day 1 tie is useless.

knives out
Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #226
Swaggs
Coordinator

I would agree that a tie could be a bad thing.

If the vote is between one good and one evil player, and the tiebreak goes to an evil player (probably a 20% chance w/ 20 players and at least 2 revolutionaries, Squealer, Pilkington, and Minimus), they would have the advantage of knowing one another.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #227
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess I dont see anywhere that says the tiebreakers are either good or bad for sure. My assumption was that it wouldn't tell us much about the person...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Prisoner's DIlemma 0- Swaggs and I could save ourselves by both moving to BrainD or RealDeal and we'd both be alive tomorrow.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #229
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Prisoner's DIlemma 0- Swaggs and I could save ourselves by both moving to BrainD or RealDeal and we'd both be alive tomorrow.

I won't vote for Brian, since he voted to help me, but if you make the call...
Old 09-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sandbagging RealDeal then

Old 09-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That looks like time

Old 09-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, see you guys after lynch

Old 09-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #233
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pilkington and the evil seer don't have any information if they hold the tie-breaker. Only the revolutionaries should have information about other players at this point.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #234
Swaggs
Coordinator

It is kind of rough that the person making the tiebreaker is not known to the public. If, down the road, whoever the survivor is between Anxiety and me gets killed and turns out to be evil, we could learn a lot from it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #235
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
It is kind of rough that the person making the tiebreaker is not known to the public. If, down the road, whoever the survivor is between Anxiety and me gets killed and turns out to be evil, we could learn a lot from it.

So if you win this vote and end up being evil you are saying?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #236
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
So if you win this vote and end up being evil you are saying?

I don't know that I would exactly call it a "win."
Old 09-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #237
path12
Coordinator

Final vote count:

Anxiety 3 -- ardent (146), BrianD (177), Swaggs (180)
Swaggs 3 -- Anxiety (107), Lathum (144), hoops (219)
BrianD 2 -- Bek (131), Passacaglia (153)
RealDeal 2 -- saldana (152), Grammaticus (169)
Blade6119 2 -- Greyroofoo (92), RealDeal (197)
Conflaguration 1 -- st.cronin (77)
Chubby 1 -- bulletsponge (74)
hoops 1 -- Alan T (75)
Bek 1 -- Dodgerchick (79)
bulletsponge 1 -- Chubby (80)
Greyroofoo 1 -- Blade (85)
st.cronin 1 -- Conflaguration (97)

Not voting: GoldenEagle

Results coming shortly.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just me, path and Swaggs in teh thread.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #239
hoopsguy
General Manager

It was a quiet deadline today.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #240
Swaggs
Coordinator

Odd move by Golden Eagle to unvote and then not vote for someone else.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #241
path12
Coordinator

Nobody remembers such a sad day, even after the death of Old Major. For you have evil among you, and suspicions fly. Friends accusing friends, and for awhile it seems almost as if everyone is pointing a finger at someone different. Arguments get heated, voices are raised. Finally a small coalition develops and the suspect list is narrowed to Swaggs and Anxiety, who are summoned to step forward. They are guarded by a couple of dogs as the rest of you huddle to determine who will die.

Finally, the tie is broken, and Swaggs is the choice of the crowd.

As he is called forward Swaggs finally speaks. His voice is steady and firm as he chides the animals for their foolish choice, and lays out the case against.......st.cronin. His words are soothing and 100% convincing, and the mob wavers. Another huddle is called, and this time there is no wavering. st.cronin is set upon and killed.

After the deed there is silence. You wander back to the barn, and some of you notice that there has been a change in one of the commandments:

1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal without cause.
7. All animals are equal.

You are troubled, but hope that you have chosen wisely. Nobody expects to sleep well tonight.

ST.CRONIN HAS BEEN LYNCHED. NIGHT ORDERS ARE DUE BY 9AM EASTERN TOMORROW 9/12.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Interesting Swaggs

Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #243
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, two quick questions:

1.) Why Cronin?
2.) Were you looking to put yourself in harms way, to see who was playing against you today?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #244
Swaggs
Coordinator

Unfortunate that I had to reveal so early on.

Thinking it over, I didn't pick Anxiety for the same reasons I found him suspicious--I think the evil players would try to stay out of conflict and let us good guys pick each other apart on day 1, while they sit back and watch.

I randomly chose st. cronin from the list of seven players that casted non-grouped votes. My thinking was that, of those seven, two or three of the evil players are probably just hoping to stay under the radar. Sorry if I am wrong, st. cronin.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #245
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Swaggs, two quick questions:

1.) Why Cronin?
2.) Were you looking to put yourself in harms way, to see who was playing against you today?

1.) I figure the odds are pretty good that two or three of the seven people that casted "throwaway" votes were evil and trying to stay under the radar and avoid leaving a voting history. Cronin was just a random, day 1 choice from the list of those seven players.

2.) I made an honest mistake with the deadline and Bek, but played it up a little bit afterwards and was a bit more gruff than I would normally be, hoping to get people to get away from the non-grouped votes.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don't mind, obviously

Old 09-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #247
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't mind, obviously

I still think it was odd that you voted for me for voting for Lathum, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense for you two to be tied together on day one if you are both evil.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #248
Swaggs
Coordinator

If I would have just come out and said that Hee-Haw is my favorite TV show, do you guys think I could have avoided the lynch?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #249
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

That was an interesting turn of events. I wonder if this will turn out to be good or bad. Too bad Swaggs had to use his power so early. I guess he gets to be boring and normal now.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #250
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was dumb for not putting you on the Duke role - sorry for casting a vote that forced you to burn it although I'm hoping it works out well in the end.