Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #151
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek View Post
Lighthousekeeper, any thoughts about what has gone on as of late???...still sticking with your vote for packerfanatic???

--Bek

I wonder why you ask this question. I don't see any reason to. Changing his vote at this point does little good because it looks like LSG is going tonight unless things change in the next 70 minutes. My first reaction to this is your a wolf trying to devert attention away from another wolf. Sheesh.

I believe we are seeing desperation from Bek and LSG to save a wolf. I say we lynch LSG tonight and if she turns out to be a wolf, then Bek is too. He is defending her way too much.

I still believe that Izulde is another wolf, but the last few posts are making me wonder about that.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I wonder why you ask this question. I don't see any reason to. Changing his vote at this point does little good because it looks like LSG is going tonight unless things change in the next 70 minutes. My first reaction to this is your a wolf trying to devert attention away from another wolf. Sheesh.

I believe we are seeing desperation from Bek and LSG to save a wolf. I say we lynch LSG tonight and if she turns out to be a wolf, then Bek is too. He is defending her way too much.

I still believe that Izulde is another wolf, but the last few posts are making me wonder about that.

and if she turns out to be innocent we lynch glengoyne tomorrow

VOTE LONESTARGIRL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #153
spleen1015
Coordinator

#71 - Glengoyne votes LoneStarGirl(1)
#77 - Izulde votes LoneStarGirl(2)
#78 - lighthousekeeper votes PackerFanatic(1)
#80 - PackerFanatic votes LoneStarGirl(3)
#87 - Neuqua votes LoneStarGirl(4)
#96 - oliegirl votes Izulde(1)
#100 - spleen1015 votes Izulde(2)
#128 - GoldenEagle votes LoneStarGirl(5)
#141 - LoneStarGirl votes Izulde(3)
#147 - Bek votes GoldenEagle(1)
#152 - DaddyTorgo votes LoneStarGirl(6)

11 Votes cast.

Would a wolf vote for another wolf in a game where pretty much everyone is a beginner? I don't think so. If LSG is a wolf, then maybe Izulde isn't since he is voting for her?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #154
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
why vote for a random person Bek. that's pretty random behavior. Especially as the "mayor"

It's not random, I dont believe the bandwagon on LSG proves anything, I't doesnt give us anything to work on. I am going with a vote that a feel will later prove to be a valuable approach for us as a village. Sometimes the "mayor" has to make hard decisions, this is one of those times. I believe that there are better canidates out there than LSG tonight. I don't know, its just my two cents.

--Bek
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #155
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
#71 - Glengoyne votes LoneStarGirl(1)
#77 - Izulde votes LoneStarGirl(2)
#78 - lighthousekeeper votes PackerFanatic(1)
#80 - PackerFanatic votes LoneStarGirl(3)
#87 - Neuqua votes LoneStarGirl(4)
#96 - oliegirl votes Izulde(1)
#100 - spleen1015 votes Izulde(2)
#128 - GoldenEagle votes LoneStarGirl(5)
#141 - LoneStarGirl votes Izulde(3)
#147 - Bek votes GoldenEagle(1)
#152 - DaddyTorgo votes LoneStarGirl(6)

11 Votes cast.

Would a wolf vote for another wolf in a game where pretty much everyone is a beginner? I don't think so. If LSG is a wolf, then maybe Izulde isn't since he is voting for her?

perhaps he didn't think she'd get too much attention and we'd all pass over her, he voted for her before the fireworks really started and now it's too late to jump off her (plus it would have no effect, this way he can hide in our fledgling COT). Regardless, I havn't seen THAT much indicating that Izulde is a wolf. I think we have much stronger suspects.

It would help to hear more from more of the silent players though (oliegirl, nequa, packerfanatic, izulde, even GE, maybe even some posts with actual thought put into them by Bek)
Old 10-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #156
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well what's your evidence for GE then? State it?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

although true, i strongly suspect that whether or not LSG is a wolf we do have at least one wolf hiding in the 5 other votes for her (i place myself above suspiscion although i expect everyone would say the same about themselves). At this point a wolf has nothing to lose by bandwagoning on her, as no one can catch her in terms of votes barring a huge late switch.

either way though, statistically someone in the other 5 votes for her (if not 2 someones if she's innocent...Glengoyne + ?) has got to be a wolf. it'd be a great hiding place for a wolf even if she was guilty (although I'd expect that to be someone in the middle of the pack of voting for her...votes 3-4 where it was clear by then she wasn't going to be caught).
Old 10-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #158
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and i know that what i just said puts me in the crosshairs, but i also know that i'm just an ordinary villager, trying to help out my fellow new villagers by basically going stream-of-consciousness
Old 10-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #159
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Lighthousekeeper, any thoughts about what has gone on as of late???...still sticking with your vote for packerfanatic???

--Bek

Well the only thing I'm starting to be afraid of is that if Lonestargirl turns out to be a WW, people will think I'm one too. But basically at this point even if I switched my vote, people would think the same thing. *shurg*
Old 10-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #160
Bek
High School JV

Quote:

If I were a wolf, I wouldnt have let it get this far, Ive been here all day and seen the day progress, If I wanted to save LSG, I could have, there have been many oppurtunities, but I have let them pass by for the mere fact that I am a villager and there is no reason for me to put my neck out there. And if you think that my last few posts were trying to save LSG then you are sorely mistaken. I was merely saying that it didnt look good for here and was trying to get her to defend herself. Unfortunately, for here own sake, she didnt have much to say. What can you say when the vote is stacked against you. I am here to try and make everyone else better. I will just have to prove you all wrong when she is a villager. Because I believe that if she was a wolf that she would be fighting harder for her survival.

Why do I say this??? Well, my thinking is that there are only two wolves in this game. One of them, or so I believe, is somewhat of a veteran. Killing off the two vets that were coming into this game was a very smart move on there part. They benefit from a quite game, and with two talkative players out if gives the wolves a better chance to hide. That is why this whole time I've been saying that we have to stay talkative and be bouncing ideas off of each other. Maybe one of us sees something that the rest of us dont. If that person doesnt speak up then it goes unnoticed. Thats why my applause goes out to Daddytorgo, for stepping up and pointing out what glengoyne said. You had said that you had missed that, so that goes to prove that staying talking can only benefit us.

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #161
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I were a wolf, I wouldnt have let it get this far, Ive been here all day and seen the day progress, If I wanted to save LSG, I could have, there have been many oppurtunities, but I have let them pass by for the mere fact that I am a villager and there is no reason for me to put my neck out there. And if you think that my last few posts were trying to save LSG then you are sorely mistaken. I was merely saying that it didnt look good for here and was trying to get her to defend herself. Unfortunately, for here own sake, she didnt have much to say. What can you say when the vote is stacked against you. I am here to try and make everyone else better. I will just have to prove you all wrong when she is a villager. Because I believe that if she was a wolf that she would be fighting harder for her survival.

Why do I say this??? Well, my thinking is that there are only two wolves in this game. One of them, or so I believe, is somewhat of a veteran. Killing off the two vets that were coming into this game was a very smart move on there part. They benefit from a quite game, and with two talkative players out if gives the wolves a better chance to hide. That is why this whole time I've been saying that we have to stay talkative and be bouncing ideas off of each other. Maybe one of us sees something that the rest of us dont. If that person doesnt speak up then it goes unnoticed. Thats why my applause goes out to Daddytorgo, for stepping up and pointing out what glengoyne said. You had said that you had missed that, so that goes to prove that staying talking can only benefit us.

--Bek

i'm a firm believer in staying talkative. in my last game it didn't do the villagers any good as we lost, but i did end up staying alive to the end, and several times i had people pegged but just didn't follow through on them. still, i believe staying talking can only benefit the villagers, even if we throw out wrong ideas. otherwise it's just blind-voting.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #162
spleen1015
Coordinator

I know we have to be talkative. The only other game I have been in, we were extremely talkative. I had to leave the game, but the villagers won pretty easily.

I guess we'll see what happens in a bit.

If LSG turns out to be a villager, do we automatically assume Glengoyne is a wolf?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #163
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know we have to be talkative. The only other game I have been in, we were extremely talkative. I had to leave the game, but the villagers won pretty easily.

I guess we'll see what happens in a bit.

If LSG turns out to be a villager, do we automatically assume Glengoyne is a wolf?

yes. i think so. cuz he wouldn't be the seer, so the alternative is that he's not a very good villager, to blurt that out there like that and then not even attempt to explain why he said it the way he did.

and if he ends up being a villager...well then we're fucked and you all can lynch me for suggesting that course of action i guess. although that'll be 3 villagers down.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #164
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
well what's your evidence for GE then? State it?

He seems to be the type of player that could pull something like this off. He hasnt been that quiet, but quiet enough where I think he is flying low on some of your radars. The first night he votes for anxiety, and the next morning anxiety shows up dead. He says he voted for him day 1 to get a rise out of anxiety, when earlier anxiety said it is just day one and there is no real defense you can have to anyone voting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Fora Day One random vote? Nah. If the Day One vote were for a flawed reason ("Vote for Anxiety because he was evil in this one game I read and now I'm voting for him") then I'd be more verbal. If it were later in the game and people were wasting votes on me then I'd start talking. If a bunch of votes were one me, ditto, but not some random Day One vote. You just gotta roll with the punches.

this was in response to lighthousekeepers question of "Are players usually this quiet after getting voted for?"

And then today is goes and votes for LSG, which i feel like is another villager. If I am wrong about LSG, i know its not looking good for me, but if she is then I feel we have the begginings of a COT. And then tommorrow, we need to serioulsy look at GE.

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #165
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaaah. dinnertime. prolly won't be back until right before vote-time, 8pm est at the earliest.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #166
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
i'm a firm believer in staying talkative. in my last game it didn't do the villagers any good as we lost, but i did end up staying alive to the end, and several times i had people pegged but just didn't follow through on them. still, i believe staying talking can only benefit the villagers, even if we throw out wrong ideas. otherwise it's just blind-voting.

agreed
Old 10-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #167
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
w.. if he ends up being the seer and we lynch him then at least we (assume) lonestargirl is a wolfy....

I'd really rather fully explore the lonestargirl theory tonight, rather than lynching her after I'm gone. I'm not claiming any special sight or abilty. It is just a feeling. She gave off a wolf vibe.

If I'm wrongly accusing her, then I'll feel badly about it. Especially If I have to go next, if I'm wrong. I don't think I'm wrong about this though.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #168
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Just letting you guys all know I'm checking out for the night. Won't be back until either very late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Here's hoping we did well.

I know this is probably grasping at straws, but it almost sounds like he knows he's going to be alive by tomorrow morning, which really only a WW can be sure of. Anyone else see that, or am I reading too much into it?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #169
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I know this is probably grasping at straws, but it almost sounds like he knows he's going to be alive by tomorrow morning, which really only a WW can be sure of. Anyone else see that, or am I reading too much into it?

I didn't get that idea. I took it at face value.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #170
Bek
High School JV

Quote:

I think that at this point in the game it is a little too much of reading into it. I would have to assume that most of us would be coming back tomorrow. He probably feels like he isnt that much of a threat and will be back tomorrow. If I had to leave, I probably would've said the same thing. Nothing unusual here.

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #171
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Might be grasping at straws, heh.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #172
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I'd really rather fully explore the lonestargirl theory tonight, rather than lynching her after I'm gone. I'm not claiming any special sight or abilty. It is just a feeling. She gave off a wolf vibe.

If I'm wrongly accusing her, then I'll feel badly about it. Especially If I have to go next, if I'm wrong. I don't think I'm wrong about this though.

last time someone did something similar to this to me in my first game they ended up being a wolf just trying to cover their tracks by backtracking.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #173
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

grasping at straws
Old 10-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #174
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
last time someone did something similar to this to me in my first game they ended up being a wolf just trying to cover their tracks by backtracking.

See, I'm coming from the angle that If I'm wrong about lsg, then the wolves know about it. If they see a way to target me next, they get two villagers for the price of one. That's how I see it anyway.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #175
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See, I'm coming from the angle that If I'm wrong about lsg, then the wolves know about it. If they see a way to target me next, they get two villagers for the price of one. That's how I see it anyway.

i don't follow...you think i'm a wolf setting you up?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #176
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i don't follow...you think i'm a wolf setting you up?

Well, yes. I think that is a possibility. You seem to be promoting the idea of lynching me if I'm wrong about lsg. While I see a sense of justice about that, It would pretty much hand the village over to the wolves.

I had no clue that eight others would jump on the lsg bandwagon. If I've gotten it wrong, and the wolves would know that, then I think accusing me would be a very wolfy thing to do.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

odd in this game that there's so little deadline action
Old 10-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Deadline is up, results coming.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #179
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well i don't know that you've gotten it wrong anymore than you do. i still go back to your comment earlier and how it sounded quite "certain." which would make you one of two things. one would be right about lsg and the other would be wrong. perhaps the lesson to be learned for you from this, whether you survive or not, is to be careful about how you sound when accusing someone leset ye be judged on your tone.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #180
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
odd in this game that there's so little deadline action

i think today there is such little action because everything had been decided so early on. But I would agree that we have been very quiet around lynch time.

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote totals

Lonestargirl 6 -- Glengoyne (71), Izulde (77), PackerFanatic (80), Neuqua (87), GoldenEagle (128), DaddyTorgo (152)

Izulde 3 -- Oliegirl (96), Spleen1015 (100), LoneStarGirl (141)

PackerFanatic 1 -- lighthousekeeper (78)

GoldenEagle 1 -- Bek (147)

An early call to lynch LoneStarGirl is supported by many in the village. Although there is some dissenting discussion, in the end she finds herself on the business end of the rope. She writhes for what seems like an eternity, but in the end is still. No transformation - it is clear that another error was made on this day. A survey of her home reveals nothing that could aid you in the fight against the evil werewolves.

Night 2 has begun. Night actions are due by 8:00 AM EST. Please submit them to both St. Cronin and Hoopsguy, unless Cronin returns and posts otherwise.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #182
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well i don't know that you've gotten it wrong anymore than you do. i still go back to your comment earlier and how it sounded quite "certain." which would make you one of two things. one would be right about lsg and the other would be wrong. perhaps the lesson to be learned for you from this, whether you survive or not, is to be careful about how you sound when accusing someone leset ye be judged on your tone.

I think that is a valid point. It is quite possible that the "bad villager" tag is more fitting for me than any other label that has been proposed.

One thing is for certain. After the lynching, I'll either be golden, or fighting an uphill battle.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #183
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Thanks for the support though Bek. we can sit back and laugh at everybody when i die in a couple of hours and you all see im a villager. One more day for the wolves to get a kill

ill take you up on that drink
Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #184
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
I think that is a valid point. It is quite possible that the "bad villager" tag is more fitting for me than any other label that has been proposed.

One thing is for certain. After the lynching, I'll either be golden, or fighting an uphill battle.

looks like you will be fighting the up hill battle
Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #185
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Damn!

Sorry 'bout that Lone Star.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #186
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

damm. I think I suck at this game. So far in my WW career...zero wolves. One dracula, but zero wolves.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #187
spleen1015
Coordinator

Obviously, the wolves have us right where they want us.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #188
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

good job guys. I'll be watching and rooting for the wolves on this one.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #189
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
looks like you will be fighting the up hill battle

Alas, that is the case. I guess I'll be more active here than I anticipated later tonight and tomorrow.

I guess this also settles the speculation about me being the seer.

I'm no wolf, but it looks as if I'm their best friend, as I have obviously made a grave error in proclaiming the guilt of another villager. If the plan to string me up next is brought to fruition, then I'll be in the running for worst villager ever. My exuberance will have brought calamity to the village.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #190
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

well just in case i die tonight, i want to say that if i do, that probably would mean that packerfanatic is a villager since that would be too obvious. but you'd have to strongly suspect neuqua, since I've raised suspiciouns about him.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #191
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

actually, forget what i just said. (since my posting probably reversed the ww's decision)
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

neuqua has flown quietly under the radar so far. moreso than pretty much everyone. him and packerfanatic have very posts, as does oliegirl and izulde.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hi barkeep! see you watching!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #194
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Checking in from home...

I only worded what I had the way I did because I figured whether I lived or died, I'm still keeping up with the game. Maybe bad word usage I guess, I don't know.

I'm honestly up in the air. I don't really know which direction to go into. We'll have to see what the wolves do and hope the novice herbalist picks the right guy.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #195
Izulde
Head Coach

Have Nequa and PackerFanatic posted more than once or twice in this thread?

I don't think they have, which suggests to me that there's a strong possibility they're wolves, because we're sitting here all suspecting each other while they're taking us down one by one.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #196
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Come on now Izulde, you were accused of the same thing. The only difference is you say you choose to be quiet while my attention is diverted at work. I try to let the rest of the group know when I will and won't be around to

I fully admit I'm not very good at this game, a complete novice, and am actually learning from the others, the more vocal members, on how one's mind process has got to work in order to succeed.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #197
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

lol, again, see my attention is diverted at home too and it turns out I forgot to finish the first paragraph. it was meant to say:

Come on now Izulde, you were accused of the same thing. The only difference is you say you choose to be quiet while my attention is diverted at work. I try to let the rest of the group know when I will and won't be around to throw out ideas and vote.

My apologies but if I know the rules correctly, I'm not allowed to edit and so I just made a new post clarifying.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #198
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
damm. I think I suck at this game. So far in my WW career...zero wolves. One dracula, but zero wolves.

Actually, Dracula was killed by his own allies if I remember correctly
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #199
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

blah...you're right dodgerchick! zero nothin nothin for me!

and i don't mind the thought of losing in this game, i view it more as "WW with training wheels for all us newbs to learn."
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #200
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Glengoyne, why did you attack LSG so hard? I think you need to start coming up with a defense and giving us a better reason than I am a villager. That defense does not really work in WW that well. Give us some sort of information that can be useful. I have an open mind but it is closing quickly.

Bek, your random vote is interesting. It is almost like you are not trying to be tied to a voting record. Any thoughts?