Has anyone seen the Denny Green meltdown? Well Antmeister put a WW twist on it:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53467

view post # 3 and #27

And post #27 counts
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #152
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well i guess its obvious who we are giong to be killing tomorrow night.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #153
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Well i guess its obvious who we are giong to be killing tomorrow night.

Who is that and care to elaborate why?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #154
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
And post #27 counts

Yeah, I was trying to get him to post it in this forum but I guess he wanted his post to count.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #155
saldana
Pro Starter

god damn it...that was stupid....way to give the wolves a free ride into a night kill so that we can play stupid randomness again tomorrow...how in the blue hell are we supposed to get any information or develop patterns when we just spent the last 12 hours jerking off.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #156
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
god damn it...that was stupid....way to give the wolves a free ride into a night kill so that we can play stupid randomness again tomorrow...how in the blue hell are we supposed to get any information or develop patterns when we just spent the last 12 hours jerking off.

That's the point I was trying to make, but you explained it a hell of a lot better than I did.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #157
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, except the part about jerking off, my anatomy does not allow me to do that
Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #158
Tyrith
College Starter

Yes. It would have been better for us if someone had actually tried to screw with my scheme. But given the choice of me or no vote, well, I know that I'm on the right side. Maybe something will develop tonight, maybe not, but we'll see.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #159
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm not sure I understand exactly what the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Yes. It would have been better for us if someone had actually tried to screw with my scheme. But given the choice of me or no vote, well, I know that I'm on the right side. Maybe something will develop tonight, maybe not, but we'll see.

What was your scheme?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #160
Blade6119
Coordinator

Thats pathetic...one of these two needs to die tomorrow now.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #161
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Thats pathetic...one of these two needs to die tomorrow now.

These two meaning myself or Tyrith?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #162
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
These two meaning myself or Tyrith?

Id prefer tyrith after his antics today, but yes. Barring some information coming out tonight tyrith is my vote tomorrow. He has done far more then anyone else to earn a vote, and i dont just mean his last second vote to cost us a lynch.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #163
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Id prefer tyrith after his antics today, but yes. Barring some information coming out tonight tyrith is my vote tomorrow. He has done far more then anyone else to earn a vote, and i dont just mean his last second vote to cost us a lynch.

To be fair, his choice was either to be lynched himself, or to force the tie. It might make more sense to look at some of the players who were NOT involved in the tie, since any one of them could have made sure that what happened didn't happen.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #164
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Who is that and care to elaborate why?

Why did you ask that? Saldana pretty much explained it crystal clear.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry to do that, folks. But if you have to spend tomorrow burning me down, well, that's one less dead good guy.

This is the post that says it all...thats just not good villager play...good or bad hes not helping the team
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #166
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
It might make more sense to look at some of the players who were NOT involved in the tie, since any one of them could have made sure that what happened didn't happen.

In all fairness, Gram and St. Cronin were both online at 8 pm so they could have stopped this by changing their vote quickly
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #167
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
In all fairness, Gram and St. Cronin were both online at 8 pm so they could have stopped this by changing their vote quickly

Tyrith's vote came 1 minute before deadline. Until then it wasn't a tie.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #168
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Why did you ask that? Saldana pretty much explained it crystal clear.

Well yeah, but that was his opinion... I asked for yours, not his.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #169
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Did you really think he wouldn't have voted for me, if otherwise he'd be knocked out?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #170
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you really think he wouldn't have voted for me, if otherwise he'd be knocked out?

Bullet didnt last game when he was going down...but to be fair, waiting until 1 minute to the deadline is one purpose to screw the team.

To be honest, right now it feels like you both could be bad and he didnt want to give anyone a chance to kill you.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #171
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Fair enough, wouldn't know about bullets situation, just thought it the obvious move. My bad.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #172
Izulde
Head Coach

I know I'm going to be voting for Tyrith tomorrow (I was in class until just now). That type of selfish move is pure asshattery. When I was a wolf last game I was in and I knew I was going to get lynched, I told the others to go ahead and sac me so they could stay alive and our side had a chance to win.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #173
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Fair enough, wouldn't know about bullets situation, just thought it the obvious move. My bad.

I expected him to vote for you, but i didnt expect him to wait until 1 minute to the deadline...thats just not in the interest of the village. Doing it even 5 minutes earlier would give someone a chance to break the tie.

His move makes him look bad, and to me makes both of you look bad. I think he needs to die, and im not so sure you dont need to as well
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #174
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Bullet didnt last game when he was going down...but to be fair, waiting until 1 minute to the deadline is one purpose to screw the team.

To be honest, right now it feels like you both could be bad and he didnt want to give anyone a chance to kill you.

Yeah, waiting til one minute to deadline is pretty weak. Well, we'll see.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #175
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

I had to wait. I vote earlier, someone votes onto me, I die, and you spend tomorrow killing ANOTHER villager instead of me. If you're going to kill me I'd rather you have to do it tomorrow because it means we won't spend tomorrow running around like chickens with our heads cut off -- tomorrow I can die instead of killing another random person. Random kills aren't good, because random kills eat at the primary resource we have, which is warm bodies. Especially with vote counts that low, the wolves could influence it, just like I did.

When I die tomorrow you can get some information out of it. Killing me for the sake of killing me is wrong. Even though I fully expect to die at this point, listen to cronin, because more than likely the wolves are the people that are lying low -- they don't have to go out of their way to kill villagers at this point, so they're not going to do anything.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #176
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I know I'm going to be voting for Tyrith tomorrow (I was in class until just now). That type of selfish move is pure asshattery. When I was a wolf last game I was in and I knew I was going to get lynched, I told the others to go ahead and sac me so they could stay alive and our side had a chance to win.

Wouldn't that make you think that I'm not a fucking wolf then? I won't take being insulted when what I did was in the best interest of the team -- dead villagers don't DO anything, can't VOTE for anyone.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #177
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

sometimes you just need to take one for the team...everyone that has played enough of these games has done it at least once...voting 1 minute before the deadline to force a tie is a selfish move that in the end will end up costing the prisoners. i will be voting tyrith tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #178
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Yeah, waiting til one minute to deadline is pretty weak. Well, we'll see.

Only way to stay alive, when there are people that stated they would interfere.

Come on people. If I was a wolf do you think I'd be so daft as to run around with a flashing neon light like this? If neuqua and I were both wolves it would have been simple to cause some sort of 2-2 tie by not having him show up if nothing else. All I know is that in future games, well, I hope you don't expect me to do anything useful for the first couple of days, we can all just sit around and execute people at random instead of at least asking intelligent questions.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #179
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
sometimes you just need to take one for the team...everyone that has played enough of these games has done it at least once...voting 1 minute before the deadline to force a tie is a selfish move that in the end will end up costing the prisoners. i will be voting tyrith tomorrow.

I don't understand HOW it hurts the prisoners. I want someone to explain this to me.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #180
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I had to wait. I vote earlier, someone votes onto me, I die, and you spend tomorrow killing ANOTHER villager instead of me. If you're going to kill me I'd rather you have to do it tomorrow because it means we won't spend tomorrow running around like chickens with our heads cut off -- tomorrow I can die instead of killing another random person. Random kills aren't good, because random kills eat at the primary resource we have, which is warm bodies. Especially with vote counts that low, the wolves could influence it, just like I did.

When I die tomorrow you can get some information out of it. Killing me for the sake of killing me is wrong. Even though I fully expect to die at this point, listen to cronin, because more than likely the wolves are the people that are lying low -- they don't have to go out of their way to kill villagers at this point, so they're not going to do anything.

No, now tomorrow we kill you, which still amounts to a day one kill since we have no info to go on. Then on day 3 we go off results and act like we could have tomorrow. Basically, all you have done is to cost us a lynch, as you havent changed anything.

Also, are you sure it would have swapped to you and not nequa? This is where my problem arises. You seemed quite against the idea of voting nequa, and then waited until it was too late for anyone to lynch either of you.

You did not in anyway help the villagers today. You did not prevent a random kill. If you are good, you have dramatically hindered the villagers with your play, as now we are taking two days to do what should have been done today(and its still not sure you would have been picked).

The only scenario i see this being beneficial to the villagers like you try to claim is if you and nequa are wolves and you just gave us a clear path. Tomorrow wouldnt have been random if you had died, or nequa had died. We would have evidence to go off of. Now, we truly have nothing to go off of, and thanks to you our chances of victory just diminished.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #181
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wouldn't that make you think that I'm not a fucking wolf then? I won't take being insulted when what I did was in the best interest of the team -- dead villagers don't DO anything, can't VOTE for anyone.

yes they do...they die, and in dying, provide a noble service to the village...we see who voted for you...we see who forced the issue...we see who made the key moves to get a villager dead....with an assinine tie, we dont see shit, and end up in the same shitty situation tomorrow...actually it wont be exactly the same, because we will have given away a villager to the wolves over night without gaining any info from the previous day.

every friggin game i have the same arguement with people about ties...they never help us, they just give the wolves a free day.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #182
saldana
Pro Starter

somebody write this down...i think this is the first time in the history of WW that Blade and I have been in 10000% agreement with one another.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #183
Tyrith
College Starter

Let me put it this way. The odds of you all killing a bad guy anyway are still incredibly low, realistically signifcantly under the 20 percent chance. Now at least you'll kill someone you would have spent a bad kill on anyway than blowing up someone.

Oh, furthermore, for after I'm dead, why don't you look at the people that were in thread for that entire time while I had NO VOTE CAST for 45 minutes before the deadline? I recall seeing Gram and Dodgerchick who could have sealed it. Cronin was also in the thread, but he of course was already voting for me.

Day One is just so incredibly useless because the person that speaks first gets killed and it's ALWAYS a villager.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #184
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, now tomorrow we kill you, which still amounts to a day one kill since we have no info to go on. Then on day 3 we go off results and act like we could have tomorrow. Basically, all you have done is to cost us a lynch, as you havent changed anything.

Also, are you sure it would have swapped to you and not nequa? This is where my problem arises. You seemed quite against the idea of voting nequa, and then waited until it was too late for anyone to lynch either of you.

You did not in anyway help the villagers today. You did not prevent a random kill. If you are good, you have dramatically hindered the villagers with your play, as now we are taking two days to do what should have been done today(and its still not sure you would have been picked).

The only scenario i see this being beneficial to the villagers like you try to claim is if you and nequa are wolves and you just gave us a clear path. Tomorrow wouldnt have been random if you had died, or nequa had died. We would have evidence to go off of. Now, we truly have nothing to go off of, and thanks to you our chances of victory just diminished.

What evidence? Let's see, the only votes were Saldana's vote, which was RANDOM, cronin's vote, which was based off obvious suspicion, and Neuqua's vote, which was PURE SELF PRESERVATION. That's a FUCKTON of evidence, and has been demonstrated by all the OTHER WW games where Day 2 was the pinnacle of knowledge and understanding that you seem to think it would be. By and large DAy 2 is always the same nonsense voting anyway because the Day 1 vote patterns don't MEAN anything, like we were talking about during our short discussion about forcing a tie. All Day One ever accomplishes with our random spread out voting is KILLING MORE VILLAGERS, and Day 2 winds up being the same damn thing.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #185
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

All you did was delay a lynch until tomorrow, and remove nequa from consideration. So what is your vote tomorrow going to do for us since you think its soo important. Unless your the seer or bodyguard, all you did today was force us to use two days killing you when it could have happened in one. If you are good, you have decreased the time we have to hunt wolves and cost us two night kills we must suffer before we can act on solid evidence.

Explain to me how this is in any way helping the village tyrith.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #186
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
yes they do...they die, and in dying, provide a noble service to the village...we see who voted for you...we see who forced the issue...we see who made the key moves to get a villager dead....with an assinine tie, we dont see shit, and end up in the same shitty situation tomorrow...actually it wont be exactly the same, because we will have given away a villager to the wolves over night without gaining any info from the previous day.

every friggin game i have the same arguement with people about ties...they never help us, they just give the wolves a free day.

If I thought that me dying would have actually provided information of some value, yes, I would agree with you. It's Day One. When has a day one vote, especially one with so little contention, actually provided useful information? Examples please.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #187
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i just wanted to reiterate this point to you tyrith....if you had wanted to make a tie, as a villager, you should have done it earlier...let someone else do something to tip their hand...by holding your play til the end, you let the wolves sit back and watch, and you possibly saved one of them in your selfishness. how do you know i wouldnt have switched of you and put nequa on the block....we'll never know because of the way you played.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #188
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What evidence? Let's see, the only votes were Saldana's vote, which was RANDOM, cronin's vote, which was based off obvious suspicion, and Neuqua's vote, which was PURE SELF PRESERVATION. That's a FUCKTON of evidence, and has been demonstrated by all the OTHER WW games where Day 2 was the pinnacle of knowledge and understanding that you seem to think it would be. By and large DAy 2 is always the same nonsense voting anyway because the Day 1 vote patterns don't MEAN anything, like we were talking about during our short discussion about forcing a tie. All Day One ever accomplishes with our random spread out voting is KILLING MORE VILLAGERS, and Day 2 winds up being the same damn thing.
But it is from those 2 days of supposedly random votes we gain info when we finally do hit a bad guy. We can review their voting records, see who they voted for and which side of lynches they were on.

Now, today tells us nothing as we have no lynch, and tomorrow is going to be a gigantic bandwagon which amounts to a no lynch in terms of information gleaned. You have stripped us from two days of information, and it might be a deciding factor in this game.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #189
st.cronin
General Manager

I agree with sal and Blade that it was a bad play, but I don't neccesarily think it was a WOLF play.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #190
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
All you did was delay a lynch until tomorrow, and remove nequa from consideration. So what is your vote tomorrow going to do for us since you think its soo important. Unless your the seer or bodyguard, all you did today was force us to use two days killing you when it could have happened in one. If you are good, you have decreased the time we have to hunt wolves and cost us two night kills we must suffer before we can act on solid evidence.

Explain to me how this is in any way helping the village tyrith.

Because there's no way in hell you would have acted on solid information tomorrow. The only chance you have ANY solid information tomorrow is if someone gets lucky on a witness tonight, and if THAT happens you still have the same information anyway! _Day One votes are meaningless_. I have seen it over and over when people take minute things in the first day and use them to extract that people are wolves because we don't have anything else to do with our time. Then we extract that into Day Two, someone makes another minute thing, and then we kill another random villager who probably didn't do anything. All the while the numbers of villagers dwindle.

Let me put it this way. Assuming two wolves, and no conversion, me not dying today buys you all a Day 5 phase you wouldn't get otherwise.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #191
SnDvls
Pro Starter

looks like day 2 will be just as worthless as it looks to be a pile on tyrith and we get no information on it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #192
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Because there's no way in hell you would have acted on solid information tomorrow. The only chance you have ANY solid information tomorrow is if someone gets lucky on a witness tonight, and if THAT happens you still have the same information anyway! _Day One votes are meaningless_. I have seen it over and over when people take minute things in the first day and use them to extract that people are wolves because we don't have anything else to do with our time. Then we extract that into Day Two, someone makes another minute thing, and then we kill another random villager who probably didn't do anything. All the while the numbers of villagers dwindle.

Let me put it this way. Assuming two wolves, and no conversion, me not dying today buys you all a Day 5 phase you wouldn't get otherwise.

So what do you think is better about tomorrow now that we did this? Instead of having a 4-3 lynch im assuming would have occured(on who i dont know), we have a bandwagon on you tomorrow. Since you seem to think you doing this is going to gain us soo much, tell me what we gain. A bandwagon certainly tells us nothing, so what do we gain tyrith?
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #193
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
i just wanted to reiterate this point to you tyrith....if you had wanted to make a tie, as a villager, you should have done it earlier...let someone else do something to tip their hand...by holding your play til the end, you let the wolves sit back and watch, and you possibly saved one of them in your selfishness. how do you know i wouldnt have switched of you and put nequa on the block....we'll never know because of the way you played.

Because since Neuqua came back no one had any reason at all to switch onto him, and my foul ups from earlier in the day to switch onto me. There was no chance people were going to randomly dogpile on someone who just made a late vote. But me, on the other hand? Would have been dead in a second. I had no way to defend myself.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #194
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
If I thought that me dying would have actually provided information of some value, yes, I would agree with you. It's Day One. When has a day one vote, especially one with so little contention, actually provided useful information? Examples please.

if you had made the tie earlier, the resulting actions would have been very telling, but you didnt give the opportunity for anything else to happen.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #195
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I agree with sal and Blade that it was a bad play, but I don't neccesarily think it was a WOLF play.

This I can agree with.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #196
Tyrith
College Starter

Look, I have heard most of the experienced people talk about a pile on, and how tomorrow will be worthless. If you feel that way, then WHY ARE YOU GOING TO CREATE A PILE ON? Do something else! I didn't create some pre-ordained destiny where you all have to vote to kill me tomorrow. Be the good players I know you are and do something else. You have free will, don't be constricted by some nonsense thing you feel like you have to do when you know you won't get anything out of it. Although I've shown today that straying from the mass just gets you killed even though there's no real reason.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #197
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay I'm going to play a little devils advocate for a bit -

1) a tie helps us in that it forces the wolves to choose among more people. However, it looks like a sure thing that they won't kill Tyrith.
2) with so few people we had a 30% chance of hitting someone good w/ a special role, yes the wolves have the same shot now, but would have a 33% if we didn't hit a special role at lynch.
3) everyone here would have voted the next highest person to save their own ass. Many times it is someone else voting at the last min. it happened in the last game w/ Bullett and many times the wolves use it to just "miss" a switch to clear themselves too.
4) it gives everyone one more day to play WW
Old 10-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #198
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
if you had made the tie earlier, the resulting actions would have been very telling, but you didnt give the opportunity for anything else to happen.

The resulting actions would have been LSG or Dodger or Gram switching onto to me, making me die. Instead you get that LSG, Dodger, or Gram DIDN'T switch onto me when it was very, very obvious they should have. The fact that I didn't have my vote cast was very public, if I recall. All day we were talking about creating a 2 person vote and we have people viewing the thread in the last hour doing nothing? How is that not just as telling?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #199
Tyrith
College Starter

Main thing I proved by doing it like this is that no one was paying attention for the last hour.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #200
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
The resulting actions would have been LSG or Dodger or Gram switching onto to me, making me die. Instead you get that LSG, Dodger, or Gram DIDN'T switch onto me when it was very, very obvious they should have. The fact that I didn't have my vote cast was very public, if I recall. All day we were talking about creating a 2 person vote and we have people viewing the thread in the last hour doing nothing? How is that not just as telling?

the hard part is not everyone knows who was or wasn't on or in the thread it's a he said / she said kind of thing unless they were there too.

I understand where you were coming from and I see where blade and sal are coming from too.

I think we can still get info from this day unless we waste tomorrow too.