Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #301
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Bring back the crazy blade who talks to himself!

Vote Fouts
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #302
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
It used to be entertaining, but now its just a rehash of past fights.

Eh.. I've gotten used to it. I go into every game assuming at some point Blade will come out after me. I think it pained him last game to realize he and I were on the same team early on
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #303
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm going with the no show as that is probably the most detrimental thing to the village at this point.

UNVOTE DADDY TORGO

VOTE SCOOBZ
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #304
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Eh.. I've gotten used to it. I go into every game assuming at some point Blade will come out after me. I think it pained him last game to realize he and I were on the same team early on

It pained me so badly i guarded 2 of the first 4 nights...i wish i could do it over and never guard you again!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #305
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i dont think there is an issue with voting for neuqua....i doubt he gives a crap about WW right now, and voting for him would be no different than voting for me in the football game...a real life issue that makes it impossible to play gives a logical vote for it being day one....its not personal at all, and actually does the GM a favor by not making them look for a replacement.

with that said, i think we need to get to a lynch number tonight, so since the sentiment is not to vote for neuqua, i wont either....i am still holding onto mine to make sure it goes towards actually getting to 13.

as far as blade goes, crazy does not equal bad, as some people have alluded to...when i was insane in the asylum game, i had to change my vote the number of times equal to whatever day number it was...and even though i ended up killing a teammate when i tried to remove my tumor, i was a good guy throughout and would have been even more valuable had i succeeded.

based on my knowledge of LOTR, smeagol would never be in Bree, so the assumption that blade is playing the role of smeagol/gollum is inherently flawed...not to say that blade isnt batshit crazy, but IMO, there is no way he is Smeagol, which means we have no basis for his good/evil alignment at this point.

Watch the language. This is a family friendly game.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #306
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
In the story line Gollum did go to Bree a few times, it just never was during the times that the movies took place in. Gollum traveled anywhere he needed to in order to get his precious back that included the Shire at times as well).

That said, I think Blade (and perhaps everyone else) is making too big of a deal over what my analysis was. I simply was explaining it for those who are not as aware of this "theme" to try to help. I'll stop trying to help if everyone doesn't want it.

first of all, there are several characters that are not evil in any way that may not have had dissociative disorders, but were certainly not of sound mind as you and I would view it

secondly and more importantly the bolded part above is absolutley fabricated, or at best a stretch of the imagination....when exactly did smeagol or gollum ever go to the shire....he lived under the mountains for 500 years by himself, and he wasnt originally from the shire either...the only reason he ever came out from under the mountain was because bilbo took the ring from him...

unless you give me some sort of source for this statement, i will be agreeing with blade that you are creating concepts in an effort to make him look bad, and my vote will be for you until a better candidate come along
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #307
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

sure, no problem, sorry about that, is one of the new players younger or something?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #308
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

What language did he use that was so bad? Just curious, since I have one of the foulest "mouths" I know.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #309
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Go ahead and keep saying that I'm trying to get you lynched today

actually, i think that is what i am saying....you are essentially making up facts about canon in an effort to try and convince us that blade is smeagol/gollum....no one that has seen the movie would argue the merits of lynching him....hence, from where i am standing, you ARE trying to get blade lynched today.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #310
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
sure, no problem, sorry about that, is one of the new players younger or something?

I can speak to that directly. Let's just say it was a concern.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
first of all, there are several characters that are not evil in any way that may not have had dissociative disorders, but were certainly not of sound mind as you and I would view it

secondly and more importantly the bolded part above is absolutley fabricated, or at best a stretch of the imagination....when exactly did smeagol or gollum ever go to the shire....he lived under the mountains for 500 years by himself, and he wasnt originally from the shire either...the only reason he ever came out from under the mountain was because bilbo took the ring from him...

unless you give me some sort of source for this statement, i will be agreeing with blade that you are creating concepts in an effort to make him look bad, and my vote will be for you until a better candidate come along

I gave a few examples of good people who ended up being corrupted by the ring which led to Dissociative disorders (such as Bilbo or even Frodo), so I don't understand how that is an example of me saying he must be bad. I wouldn't push for Frodo's death would I?

As for Gollumns travels, if you really want, here you go..

After Bilbo stole the ring from Gollum, Gollum searched high and low for "Baggins" Christopher Tolkien wrote that J.R.R's notes had him going from as far as the Dale Lands all the way West to the Shire or even all the way to Emyn Beraid. Gollum was captured by Sauron while in Mordor looking for Baggins, and eventually was released and later captured by Aragorn who found out the story of what Gollum had been up to. Aragorn gave Gollum to Gandalf who then turned him over to the Mirkwood Elves (Amon Thranduil) where he escaped during an Orc-Raid. He immediately took off west again back to the Shire and in particular Bag-End when he met up with the Fellowship ouotside of Khazad-dum and followed them from there. This is the point he joins in the movies.

I'm not sure why you are picking this fight though since I stated in the post that you quoted that in the movie storyline (LotR) he never was in Bree. He definitly went there though prior to the LotR in his searches for Bilbo.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #312
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
actually, i think that is what i am saying....you are essentially making up facts about canon in an effort to try and convince us that blade is smeagol/gollum....no one that has seen the movie would argue the merits of lynching him....hence, from where i am standing, you ARE trying to get blade lynched today.

See my below post. HoME series has details of Gollum's travels which are alluded to during LotR by Aragorn and Gandalf. I'm probably showing off how much of a geek I am, but if you want I can take a picture of my bookshelf in my living room. It has 6-7 Tom Clancy novels, 3-4 John Grisham books, various Networking books and about 30-34 J.R.R Tolkien books on it
Old 11-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #313
Izulde
Head Coach

Someone's not here! That must mean they're in league with the Black Riders! Yes, yes, I'll put in for him, too.

*flexes his hairy toes as he puts his card in the box before going to find something good to eat*

VOTE SCOOBZ

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #314
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I gave a few examples of good people who ended up being corrupted by the ring which led to Dissociative disorders (such as Bilbo or even Frodo), so I don't understand how that is an example of me saying he must be bad. I wouldn't push for Frodo's death would I?

As for Gollumns travels, if you really want, here you go..

After Bilbo stole the ring from Gollum, Gollum searched high and low for "Baggins" Christopher Tolkien wrote that J.R.R's notes had him going from as far as the Dale Lands all the way West to the Shire or even all the way to Emyn Beraid. Gollum was captured by Sauron while in Mordor looking for Baggins, and eventually was released and later captured by Aragorn who found out the story of what Gollum had been up to. Aragorn gave Gollum to Gandalf who then turned him over to the Mirkwood Elves (Amon Thranduil) where he escaped during an Orc-Raid. He immediately took off west again back to the Shire and in particular Bag-End when he met up with the Fellowship ouotside of Khazad-dum and followed them from there. This is the point he joins in the movies.

I'm not sure why you are picking this fight though since I stated in the post that you quoted that in the movie storyline (LotR) he never was in Bree. He definitly went there though prior to the LotR in his searches for Bilbo.

This story takes place after frodo comes through town though, a time in which if im not mistaken gollum was a prisoner in mordor.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #315
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

a source for your information would be nice...as far as why i am picking this fight, i really am not...i am protecting the other players in this game that may not have the background in the story that i and apparently you have from what as far as i am concerned is a fabrication.

perhaps you could explain this....if gollum got all the way to bree, and then went back to the shire after he got away from the elves, how did he never find frodo or bilbo....they were the only bagginses there....also, how in the world did gollum ever meet up with the fellowship as they were about to enter Moria if he went to the shire....it took two weeks to get to moria from Rivendell, and takes about a while to get from Hobbiton to Rivendell... Moria and the Shire are no where near each other....you either have a bad source, or are making stuff up.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #316
saldana
Pro Starter

alan, i would love to continue this conversation later, but i have to give my two year old dinner... be back in a bit

as a place holder

vote scoobz
Old 11-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #317
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
This story takes place after frodo comes through town though, a time in which if im not mistaken gollum was a prisoner in mordor.

Gollum was technically a prisoner in Mirkwood and not Mordor at this time. But thats what I guess I am trying to say. I was giving information based on others in the stories that have the disorder, I don't understand why everyone says I am out to get you all. I actually found it quite intriguing and interesting.

My whole point the entire time is any where in the story when someone ended up with this disorder it was due to the ring's draw. I'm pretty sure this entire discussion is probably pretty boring for 85% of those in the game. I'm just suprised I am getting attacked for trying to give information.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #318
SnDvls
Pro Starter

could someone translate the above few posts into non LotR speek? thanks
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
a source for your information would be nice...as far as why i am picking this fight, i really am not...i am protecting the other players in this game that may not have the background in the story that i and apparently you have from what as far as i am concerned is a fabrication.

perhaps you could explain this....if gollum got all the way to bree, and then went back to the shire after he got away from the elves, how did he never find frodo or bilbo....they were the only bagginses there....also, how in the world did gollum ever meet up with the fellowship as they were about to enter Moria if he went to the shire....it took two weeks to get to moria from Rivendell, and takes about a while to get from Hobbiton to Rivendell... Moria and the Shire are no where near each other....you either have a bad source, or are making stuff up.

I would have to find which of the HoME books it was, but if you have them its probably in the master index under Gollum. Its not the first 3-7 as that all is primarily the Lays of Beleriand.

As for Gollum's path, he was heading from Amon Thranduil (Sinda for House of Thranduil) which is located in the Northeast location of Mirkwood forest or near Dale and Erebor. The path he had to take from there to the shite is west through the misty mountains and the underground passages that he knew so well. It was there that he encountered the Fellowship. Christopher's writings stated that he was not expecting to meet them there (he had no knowledge that they would be there), and was headed to the Shire.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #320
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm just suprised I am getting attacked for trying to give information.

I'm not taking sides, but I agree with you. Actually, it doesn't suprise me, since people attack anything, and everything they can in WW.

Watch this:

I LOVE TOM BOMBADIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

My best translation in as unbiased as I can be:

1) People were wondering what Blade was doing with his roleplay talking to himself
2) I gave examples of a Dissociative identity disorder from the books being Smeagol/Gollum.
3) Blade states my linking him to Smeagol will turn people against him and is an effort to try to get him lynched without knowing all of the facts.
4) I stated I wasn't trying to get Blade lynched but instead was trying to be helpful.

(Repeat 3-4 over 20 or so posts)

5) Saldana jumps in and says I'm making up stuff trying to get Blade lynched.
6) I give the explanation in the storyline of what Gollum did, and once again re-state that I was trying to give examples of the disorder as I later also mentioned Bilbo, Frodo, Boromir, Ilsidur all good guys having this disorder in the stories too
7) I tell the path of GOllum's travels and answer Saldana's rebuttle questions

Basically I'll re-state what I have said all along, I found Blade's roleplaying interesting and said what it made me think of. Blade (and to some extent Saldana) jumped out too sensitive for some reason even when I never pushed for any lynch and no one else even came out to try to lynch Blade from any of the explanations.

I have zero idea if anyone in this game even has a character from the books, I know that I dont. I just have no idea why Blade and Saldana are jumping so much so early unless I struck a nerve on something I said unintentionally.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #322
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

sorry I was being a smart a** should have added a

on and schmidty to your comment

you s**k!!! j/k
Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #323
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

1) People were wondering what Blade was doing with his roleplay talking to himself
2) I gave examples of a Dissociative identity disorder from the books being Smeagol/Gollum.
3) Blade states my linking him to Smeagol will turn people against him and is an effort to try to get him lynched without knowing all of the facts.
4) I stated I wasn't trying to get Blade lynched but instead was trying to be helpful.

(Repeat 3-4 over 20 or so posts)

5) Saldana jumps in and says I'm making up stuff trying to get Blade lynched.
6) I give the explanation in the storyline of what Gollum did, and once again re-state that I was trying to give examples of the disorder as I later also mentioned Bilbo, Frodo, Boromir, Ilsidur all good guys having this disorder in the stories too
7) I tell the path of GOllum's travels and answer Saldana's rebuttle questions

Basically I'll re-state what I have said all along, I found Blade's roleplaying interesting and said what it made me think of. Blade (and to some extent Saldana) jumped out too sensitive for some reason even when I never pushed for any lynch and no one else even came out to try to lynch Blade from any of the explanations.

I have zero idea if anyone in this game even has a character from the books, I know that I dont. I just have no idea why Blade and Saldana are jumping so much so early unless I struck a nerve on something I said unintentionally.

You have said, not once but repeatedly, you believe you know what role i have and it is not on the side of the village. Maybe you meant that to mean something other then im not good, but thats how i take it. That is the kind of comment people get lynched over, whether you meant it or not
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #324
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm just suprised I am getting attacked for trying to give information.

i am not attacking you for trying to give information, i am attacking you for trying to give MIS-information

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

basically, i am saying that Alan is concocting portions of the story of Smeagol/Gollum in an effort to say that is the role that Blade is playing, and subsequently should be lynched, because Gollum is really only on his own side.

alan, i dont have the HoME books....my source is the Tolkein Companion by T.E.A. Tyler, which states the travels of gollum in search of bilbo and the ring carry him from one side of the Wilderland to the other....that would mean he never travels east of the Ford at Rivendell, as that is the defined boundary of Wilderland (the misty mountains and mirkwood make up the majority of the wilderlands)
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #325
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have said, not once but repeatedly, you believe you know what role i have and it is not on the side of the village. Maybe you meant that to mean something other then im not good, but thats how i take it. That is the kind of comment people get lynched over, whether you meant it or not

I only came back and said that after you started saying misrepresentations of what I said. Like I said, when you started making up stuff pushing, it makes me more suspicious of why.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #326
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I googled my person's name and nothing came up. so I guess thats means i'm made up.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #327
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i am not attacking you for trying to give information, i am attacking you for trying to give MIS-information

basically, i am saying that Alan is concocting portions of the story of Smeagol/Gollum in an effort to say that is the role that Blade is playing, and subsequently should be lynched, because Gollum is really only on his own side.

alan, i dont have the HoME books....my source is the Tolkein Companion by T.E.A. Tyler, which states the travels of gollum in search of bilbo and the ring carry him from one side of the Wilderland to the other....that would mean he never travels east of the Ford at Rivendell, as that is the defined boundary of Wilderland (the misty mountains and mirkwood make up the majority of the wilderlands)

Rivendell is West of the misty mountains and mirkwood. Bree is also west of Rivendell, and its very obvious that Gollum traveled east of the Ford at Rivendell as he did so even in LotR for most of the story. You also can know that T.E.A. Tyler's information is not entirely complete as he is intimately familiar with the passages inside of Mordor from his time there.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #328
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I only came back and said that after you started saying misrepresentations of what I said. Like I said, when you started making up stuff pushing, it makes me more suspicious of why.

Post #148 is where you start the case about my potential role. I see no posts of mine before that that said i misinterpreted what you said. Unless im missing a post of mine, you started down the road long before i accused you of putting me in a bad light.
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #329
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Rivendell is West of the misty mountains and mirkwood. Bree is also west of Rivendell, and its very obvious that Gollum traveled east of the Ford at Rivendell as he did so even in LotR for most of the story.
I dont have the knowledge about LOTR you do, but that didnt make sense to me. Bree is west of rivendell, which is west of the misty mountains, and the fact gollum went east from rivendell(the opposite direction of bree) makes what point?
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #330
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Post #148 is where you start the case about my potential role. I see no posts of mine before that that said i misinterpreted what you said. Unless im missing a post of mine, you started down the road long before i accused you of putting me in a bad light.

Sure, post 148 I even gave a reason that you could be a good guy on our side and why we wouldn't want to lynch you.

I also admit I have been refering to Gollum as an example of this disorder since he is the one most people are familiar with. I later listed several of the others mentioned with it (all of which were good people)
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #331
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont have the knowledge about LOTR you do, but that didnt make sense to me. Bree is west of rivendell, which is west of the misty mountains, and the fact gollum went east from rivendell(the opposite direction of bree) makes what point?

Saldana said his companion that he read stated that Gollum never went east of the Fords of Rivendell, but to me that means their map is messed up, since most of the story happened to the east of Rivendell.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #332
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Sure, post 148 I even gave a reason that you could be a good guy on our side and why we wouldn't want to lynch you.

I also admit I have been refering to Gollum as an example of this disorder since he is the one most people are familiar with. I later listed several of the others mentioned with it (all of which were good people)

Were not getting anywhere, so im going to cut this short. We both see things very differently, and only time will tell who was right.
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Were not getting anywhere, so im going to cut this short. We both see things very differently, and only time will tell who was right.

Fair enough.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #334
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana said his companion that he read stated that Gollum never went east of the Fords of Rivendell, but to me that means their map is messed up, since most of the story happened to the east of Rivendell.

i got my easts and wests mixed up in my original post...i meant that the wilderlands western border is the ford (with bree and the shire both being futher west), and according to my book, gollum didnt leave the wilderlands. as far as the map i am using, its the one in the back of the Hobbit, and there is nothing wrong with it, simply my ability to define east versus west.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #335
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Phew...my heads spinning from all of this...

Still no check-in, therefore:

Vote Scoobz
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #336
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

there are still some issues i have with some of the things alan is saying, but for now, i would agree that we are probably losing the general populace with our nerdisms, so i will let him go for now, but i will come back around to the problems i have with what he has been saying today later on.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #337
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i got my easts and wests mixed up in my original post...i meant that the wilderlands western border is the ford (with bree and the shire both being futher west), and according to my book, gollum didnt leave the wilderlands. as far as the map i am using, its the one in the back of the Hobbit, and there is nothing wrong with it, simply my ability to define east versus west.

Either way though, that still isn't true. He was captured by Sauron and taken to Mordor while searching for Baggins. That much was detailed in the LotR directly. The full detail of the path you have to rely on Christopher's Tolkien's publishings after J.R.R's death in the HoME series, which some people don't take for canon, but I do.

I still don't understand why we have spent alot of day 1 though. If you truly are into Tolkien's writings and interested in more of this type of thing, I would be more than happy to give you some reccommended good readings after the game. One of my favorite books was called Unfinished Tales which was all a series of stories put out after J.R.R's death from just his notes.

I think for the purpose of the game, What I have said here probably stands.. I did say that Gollum was captured in mirkwood during the time of when we are playing. I also said that I don't even know if real characters are even in this game. I also don't know if the storyline is consistant with the books, or if we're in an alternate reality with just the same setting and characters and rough story line.

The entire time I found it interesting what Blade was roleplaying and stated what it made me think of. If that makes me evil, then I guess so be it. There was no mal-intents there. Just was trying to be helpful. The worst regret I have of this is that Blade probably won't roleplay anymore which I thought helped liven up the mood some. (Similar to how I like playing in games with Qwikshot).
Old 11-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #338
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I'm not taking sides, but I agree with you. Actually, it doesn't suprise me, since people attack anything, and everything they can in WW.

Watch this:

I LOVE TOM BOMBADIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE Schmidty

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #339
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

UNVOTE Schmidty

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #340
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
there are still some issues i have with some of the things alan is saying, but for now, i would agree that we are probably losing the general populace with our nerdisms, so i will let him go for now, but i will come back around to the problems i have with what he has been saying today later on.

If you really have problems, then lets dig into it now on day 1 before we get in deeper. I still am intrigued since I didn't figure people would argue with me posting stuff that Christopher Tolkien wrote, but I guess anything is possible in WW. Its all in HoME #6, 7 or 8, and if you don't believe me then so be it. You can argue things published by Christopher TOlkien aren't canon, or they aren't applicable to the story line, or whatever. But I love Tolkien's writings and spent a good bit of my youth growing up reading and re-reading them to the point of geekism.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #341
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I've got a problem with this whole pile on one person thing. We learn more by a two-person race than we do when there's only a single consensus candidate.

I'm fine with lynching Scoobz, but we seriously need to have at least a chance of putting some pressure on the forces of darkness.

VOTE spleen1015

Old 11-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #342
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I can forgive Lathum for voting for me...I'm not going to turn around and pile back on him and try to incite that because I don't see any danger yet.

However I think (whoever) it was who said no lynch on day 1 might be a good idea may be right. I figure there's saruman's goons, sauron's goons, villagers, rangers...even if the 3 smaller groups are 2-3 people we're still WAYY against the odds of hitting one of them. Better to give people with special abilities the night to block things or view people rather than a reflective lynch right away on day 1.

just my initial thoughts, as i just got the computer fired up for the day.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See my below post. HoME series has details of Gollum's travels which are alluded to during LotR by Aragorn and Gandalf. I'm probably showing off how much of a geek I am, but if you want I can take a picture of my bookshelf in my living room. It has 6-7 Tom Clancy novels, 3-4 John Grisham books, various Networking books and about 30-34 J.R.R Tolkien books on it

that's hot. i'm right there with ya.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #344
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you really have problems, then lets dig into it now on day 1 before we get in deeper. I still am intrigued since I didn't figure people would argue with me posting stuff that Christopher Tolkien wrote, but I guess anything is possible in WW. Its all in HoME #6, 7 or 8, and if you don't believe me then so be it. You can argue things published by Christopher TOlkien aren't canon, or they aren't applicable to the story line, or whatever. But I love Tolkien's writings and spent a good bit of my youth growing up reading and re-reading them to the point of geekism.

And one other comment Saldana, one thing I learned when I used to frequen Tolkien discussion newsgroup is most people have problems agreeing what is and is not canon. I choose to believe that the things in Tolkien's notes that Christopher later published are canon. As Tolkien created a universe, he didn't just write stories and those notes are how they all work together. Others argue that the things Christopher wrote have too much of his opinion in them and they can not be viewed as fact.

Like I said if you want to disagree about what is or isn't canon its fine there is not much I can argue with you on that. I just think you're arguing against something that was never my intent. (To come out and say Blade is bad we must lynch him).

Anyways if you have issues with me, lets hash these out now and get them out of the way.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #345
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I've got a problem with this whole pile on one person thing. We learn more by a two-person race than we do when there's only a single consensus candidate.

I'm fine with lynching Scoobz, but we seriously need to have at least a chance of putting some pressure on the forces of darkness.

VOTE spleen1015

i'm pretty sure that the pile on scoobz is based on the fact that he isnt actually playing, so we are just cutting the dead weight from the roster....
Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #346
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

[quote=Alan T;1296939]If you really have problems, then lets dig into it now on day 1 before we get in deeper. I still am intrigued since I didn't figure people would argue with me posting stuff that Christopher Tolkien wrote, but I guess anything is possible in WW. Its all in HoME #6, 7 or 8, and if you don't believe me then so be it. You can argue things published by Christopher TOlkien aren't canon, or they aren't applicable to the story line, or whatever. But I love Tolkien's writings and spent a good bit of my youth growing up reading and re-reading them to the point of geekism.[/QUOTE]

A point no one is ready to dispute
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #347
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Anxiety - if scoobz doesn't check in today and assuming neuqua doesn't have you put out feelers for subs? just in case anyone wants to move onto someone else.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #348
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
he lived under the mountains for 500 years by himself, and he wasnt originally from the shire either...

Wasn't Gollum originally a hobbit? I thought all hobbits came from the the Shire. Not that it really matters in all this.

UNVOTE KWhit
VOTE Scoobz
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #349
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Not to say that you are not, but I find it interesting that you haven't come out and said that you are on the side of light. Instead you are kind of attacking back at Alan.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #350
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola...

Unvote ntndeacon

Vote Scoobz
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote