Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #101
Blade6119
Coordinator

If he wants to deul me there will be a raping, and he will pay dearly for trying...so in that sense, im a hooker, yes
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #102
Tyrith
College Starter

MINOR PENALTY, 6119 RED, TWO MINUTES, HOOKING
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #103
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just be careful where you put the stick Tyrith.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #104
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

be careful what you wish for Blade.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #105
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dubb, you have already made up your mind one way or another...sorry your sour about last game, but nothing i say is going to sway you from challenging me or not. So me "wishing" for or against your actions will matter little i suspect. I just hope you accept the consequences of your actions if you chose to go down that path.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #106
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Dubb, you have already made up your mind one way or another...sorry your sour about last game, but nothing i say is going to sway you from challenging me or not. So me "wishing" for or against your actions will matter little i suspect. I just hope you accept the consequences of your actions if you chose to go down that path.

I'm sour about nothing Blade actually. I fully stated my feeling in that thread, and to tell you the truth would like to leave them there and move onto this game.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #107
Blade6119
Coordinator

Sounds good to me dubby, lets have some fun
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #108
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

However that does not change the fact that I would so own you in a duel. I mean, you seriously have no clue about this Blade.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:07 AM   #109
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
However that does not change the fact that I would so own you in a duel. I mean, you seriously have no clue about this Blade.
Unless raiders intervenes and shoots you while you charge at me
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #110
Izulde
Head Coach

I rolled a d21 on an online dice thing and it came up 15, so...

VOTE COFFEE WARLORD

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 AM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just logged on after everybody left. We had thirteen people at my place this year for my BDay - it gets bigger every year and has become the central annual event for our group. Only time you can expect to get everybody out and happy at the same time.

I caught up, doesn;t seem like much movement. I'll wait for a bit before castinbg my vote as I have no where to go.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:11 AM   #112
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My turn to check in.

I would say I am a Cardinal guard, but I don't want anyone to think I am just cliche.

I figure it will be no more than a day before dubb and DaddyTorgo try to kill me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #113
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My turn to check in.

I would say I am a Cardinal guard, but I don't want anyone to think I am just cliche.

I figure it will be no more than a day before dubb and DaddyTorgo try to kill me.

Well saying you're a cardinal guard is better than saying you're a cardinal guard or whatever we are like Tyrith did
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #114
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well saying you're a cardinal guard is better than saying you're a cardinal guard or whatever we are like Tyrith did

Okay, I should NOT have read that sentence right after waking up.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:41 AM   #115
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the way, as this is the first game I've played since we got moved, what's with the Dubb / Blade pissing contest?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #116
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
By the way, as this is the first game I've played since we got moved, what's with the Dubb / Blade pissing contest?

My take was that Dubb was just meaning Blade likely would be the center of an early duel due to his getting into heated arguements with endless numbers of people in games, that would end up translating into a possible duel.

I think Blade took Dubb's comment as an attack or slap and responded back as such.

Just my opinion on how I read it though.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cardinal Guard checking in. I was out most of yesterday and didn't get a chance to catch up until this morning.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #118
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

A difference of opinion on some of the last game's mechanics.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #119
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The answer to any question about a XXX / Blade pissing contest is that it's Blade we're talking about. If he didn't ahve at least current pissing contest, it would be disappointing
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #120
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So, to get us back on game track, I find it interesting that we have four claims of skill. In a field of 21 this suggests that the level of skill might be higher than expected.

That said, I think it's likely that the 3 musketeers would have good sword fighting. Since dubb seems so confident in his ability to swordfight, I'll go ahead and suggest that could be a sinister sign and I'll

Vote dubb
Old 12-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #121
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am wondering if there is a forth muskateer. wasn't therean apprentice muskateer in that story?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #122
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am wondering if there is a forth muskateer. wasn't therean apprentice muskateer in that story?

I'm pretty sure that's a different story. But....21 players, 3-4 is a reasonable guess.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #123
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I think the idea of an apprentice musketeer is a good one and one that ought not be ruled out.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #124
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Loyal Cardinals guard checking in. I am however taking bets, I think the first WW duel will in some way involve Blade.

Strictly speaking, the first one-on-one showdown occurred in the Tombstone game. bulletsponge killed someone, but I don't remember who it was; it wasn't a fair fight as one who was killed didn't have a gun.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My turn to check in.

dammit chief. i told you, no hard feelings and we weren't complaining. it was constructive criticism, nothing more. and for all our whining about the balance, the writeups and the atmosphere and everything was awesome. i don't regret playing for a second. relax bub.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #126
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That said, I think it's likely that the 3 musketeers would have good sword fighting. Since dubb seems so confident in his ability to swordfight, I'll go ahead and suggest that could be a sinister sign and I'll

I'm leaning this way, too. And Chief Rum not coming out and admitting to being in the Guard seems odd as well.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #127
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think you have a much different dynamic for duels in this game than in Tombstone, since both parties have to agree to make the duel work here. The whole "it takes two to tango" should make duels more prevelent, I think, than they were there.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #128
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So, to get us back on game track, I find it interesting that we have four claims of skill. In a field of 21 this suggests that the level of skill might be higher than expected.

Vote dubb

And you would be wrong barkeep, however if you would like to tell us you have no formal sword fighting experience, you just did a damn good job of it.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
And you would be wrong barkeep, however if you would like to tell us you have no formal sword fighting experience, you just did a damn good job of it.
Frankly I'm not sure how you get the idea that I have no formal sword fighting experience from my message. Only makes me more pleased in my vote.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #130
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Frankly I'm not sure how you get the idea that I have no formal sword fighting experience from my message. Only makes me more pleased in my vote.

OK, so you are voting me because I'm confident I could out duel blade, and then you are now claiming that you are a master sword fighter?

VOTE BARKEEP49
Old 12-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #131
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, so you are voting me because I'm confident I could out duel blade, and then you are now claiming that you are a master sword fighter?

VOTE BARKEEP49
I have claimed NOTHING in the two posts you have quoted. Why are you so willfully distorting what is right there? I don't understand it.

Give me a specific phrase in either post that points to the idea that:
A. I'm a master sword fighter
or
B. I have no formal sword fighting experience

C'mon dubb. Pony up. Where's the specifics?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #132
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm posting here because I saw my boy dubb.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So far to me it seems like Dubbs is trying to gode people into fights. First the comment to blade, which while i would agree with is more than enough to get Blade going, and now I think I see Barkeep's side that I didn't really see barkeep claiming anything about himself but moreso finding what Dubb was claiming to be interesting.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #134
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

People are getting awfully defensive on the first day.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #135
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The answer to any question about a XXX / Blade pissing contest is that it's Blade we're talking about. If he didn't ahve at least current pissing contest, it would be disappointing

I actually didnt take dubbs comment as an attack, more of a spilling over of his anger from dying last game. He said that is not the case, and we moved along. I like dubby, if you read the last game you know that
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #136
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
People are getting awfully defensive on the first day.

It's WW
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maybe I am wrong but should we really be in a hurry to have a duel when all that would probably do is help the musketeers?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #138
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you have a much different dynamic for duels in this game than in Tombstone, since both parties have to agree to make the duel work here. The whole "it takes two to tango" should make duels more prevelent, I think, than they were there.

Both parties do not have to agree to deul, there are times when 2 people are forced to regardless of what either wants..just noting
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually didnt take dubbs comment as an attack, more of a spilling over of his anger from dying last game. He said that is not the case, and we moved along. I like dubby, if you read the last game you know that
I do know that. I like dubb too and he seems to have decided to pick a fight with me this game.

I agree with CW's idea that he seems to be trying to get someone to duel with him. I wonder why. He could always initiate the duel, but he hasn't. So maybe he can't initiate a duel. And if he can't, why can't he? I'm still mulling over some possible reasons that someone could be barred from initiating a duel, but would want to do one anyway.

The two thoughts I have so far are:
1. Some power gets triggered when he wins a duel. I'm thinking that perhaps he's the apprentice musketeer and could become a full fledged musketeer if he shows his prowess by winning a duel?

2. He simply is the duelest in the game, both sword fighting and guns, and as a balance mechanism he can't initiate a duel.

As I type this post a third thought occurs. Perhaps he's actually a crappy swordfighter but an unbelievable shot. Doesn't change the analysis here (as why doesn't he simply initiate the duel).
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #140
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Both parties do not have to agree to deul, there are times when 2 people are forced to regardless of what either wants..just noting

Maybe I am missing your point, but the rules say that a person has the right to refuse a challenge to a duel. Unless there is a mechanism I am unaware of in play that is not listed in the rules.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #141
Blade6119
Coordinator

If anyones comments have gotten on my nerves this game, its been barkeep...dubb and i just like competing, so we always threaten and bragg to each other.
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #142
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
True. I didn't state this well in my initial post, but I think someone would be more willing to issue a dueling challenge since there is less responsibility should the person be killed and turned up a guard. "If he was good he should never have accepted my challenge" seems like a reasonable defense.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #143
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe I am missing your point, but the rules say that a person has the right to refuse a challenge to a duel. Unless there is a mechanism I am unaware of in play that is not listed in the rules.

I think I misunderstood your point. You were saying the same thing I just did. I just misread what you said I think. nevermind!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #144
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If anyones comments have gotten on my nerves this game, its been barkeep...dubb and i just like competing, so we always threaten and bragg to each other.
No offense was intended with 119. My apologies if I was offensive.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #145
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Here is what im referring to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Votes are caste each day to lynch. A majority must be reached in order to execute a consensus lynch. If a majority is not reached, then the top two vote recipients will duel to 3rd Blood (death). If there is a tie in votes for the top two vote recipients, the GM will determine the tie breaker and who will duel
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #146
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

dola, my last message was to blade, not myself. I'm not psycho and talking to myself...
Old 12-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is what im referring to:

Oh, I didn't misread you.. you're right I missed that part of the rules. Ok, gotcha
Old 12-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #148
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
dola, my last message was to blade, not myself. I'm not psycho and talking to myself...
I am.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #149
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I am.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #150
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I am.

No wonder your offense cant keep up with my D
Demotivation