Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #351
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Small game note. Sorry for already making a rule change, but the following modifications have been made:

The following line has been removed from the role description for agents in the rules:

You are never allowed to give out your number during the game. If you ever state that you are Agent 004 for example, the henchmen will instantly kill you and remove you from the game.

And the following line has been added to the storyline:

To make matters worse, British Intelligence states that somehow Auric was able to get his hands on a list of current agent numbers. He'll know how many are out there looking for him!

This simply means the bad guys will start with a list of what agent numbers are in the game and which are available, which could be used for fake reveals. I originally wanted a mechanism in place to prevent people from just coming out and saying oh I'm agent so and so, and quickly eliminating all of the bad guys. This change is just a different way of handling that to my preference.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #352
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

sorry, that was quoted by alant
Old 12-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #353
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Small game note. Sorry for already making a rule change, but the following modifications have been made:

The following line has been removed from the role description for agents in the rules:

You are never allowed to give out your number during the game. If you ever state that you are Agent 004 for example, the henchmen will instantly kill you and remove you from the game.

And the following line has been added to the storyline:

To make matters worse, British Intelligence states that somehow Auric was able to get his hands on a list of current agent numbers. He'll know how many are out there looking for him!

This simply means the bad guys will start with a list of what agent numbers are in the game and which are available, which could be used for fake reveals. I originally wanted a mechanism in place to prevent people from just coming out and saying oh I'm agent so and so, and quickly eliminating all of the bad guys. This change is just a different way of handling that to my preference.

Bump.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #354
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I didn't say I didn't accept it. I was it was rude. I think you need to take a break from Werewolf, you are taking this too seriously.

Good idea. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #355
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Now that we know Fouts is good, does that automatically mean Blade is bad. Should we all vote for him tomorrow? If we are wrong that would lose the game for us
Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #356
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh...fouts is right. post 20. all is not lost fellow members of Her Majesty's Secret Service!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #357
Fouts
College Starter

I could be a bad guy, who knows 002 doesn't exist, posting that I'm 002. Don't forget that.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #358
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I just looked up that post and I swear I didn't see where it said 'the following line has been REMOVED' I read to quick I think
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #359
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now that we know Fouts is good, does that automatically mean Blade is bad. Should we all vote for him tomorrow? If we are wrong that would lose the game for us

let's wait until after the night actions to see who is left hmm?

and FWIW (not to disbelieve everyone) but Fouts saying he's agent 002 doesn't prove that he is. Remember evil has a list of #'s that are being used so they can use others for fake-reveals.

I am inclined to believe Fouts is not evil at this point though.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #360
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I didn't think about that fouts, your right.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #361
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

How does 002 clear fouts then? If the bad guys have a list, and 002 was unassigned, he could claim it. Im not sure why fouts is cleared now
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #362
Fouts
College Starter

Then again, if I'm 007, there is no chance I am a night kill with how I have played.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #363
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I could be a bad guy, who knows 002 doesn't exist, posting that I'm 002. Don't forget that.

that'd be a pretty gutsy bad-guy play though, especially because you believed me and backed off blade.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #364
Blade6119
Coordinator

Your not 007 though, so we dont have to worry about that
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #365
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
that'd be a pretty gutsy bad-guy play though, especially because you believed me and backed off blade.

Gutsy enough to be one step ahead, like Goldfinger?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #366
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Your not 007 though, so we dont have to worry about that

What do you mean? Perfect way to play 007. Stay supicious enough to stay near lynched, so the henchmen leave me alone.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #367
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gutsy enough to be one step ahead, like Goldfinger?

might be. can't say.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #368
Fouts
College Starter

To be serious, I don't believe a bad guy would be so loud and piss so many people off. So, a vote for me tomorrow would be a waste of time.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #369
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What do you mean? Perfect way to play 007. Stay supicious enough to stay near lynched, so the henchmen leave me alone.

I know for a FACT your not 007, so your trick wont work
Demotivation
Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #370
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

but is he goldfinger?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #371
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

That's right, because I'm 002.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #372
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
but is he goldfinger?

Ill find out tonight
Demotivation
Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #373
Fouts
College Starter

Well, this was fun. Later guys.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #374
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

gutsy blade...gusty. revealing at night?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #375
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
gutsy blade...gusty. revealing at night?

I dont want to die without people knowing what ive done. Night 1 was barkeep, tonight is you.

DT i trust becuase he went out of his way to keep me alive, and i thank him for that.

If i were evil, i would have killed me tonight to put suspicion back on you and have no one trusted in this game. Hopefully, by doing this, it will change their plans.
Demotivation
Old 12-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #376
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No LSG, fouts or I. You either believe him or you believe me. Dont spread out the vote or they will have an easier time manipulating it.

Fouts has just finished defending dubb to the very end and beyond. Dubb was good. It's quite easy who see who should be believed at the moment, Ms Galore.

I really am finding it hard to picture a scenario where I don't vote DT tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #377
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And yes, I agree that the 'im surrounded by idiots' was EXTREMELY rude.

I thought it was dead on. There's no way I should have left with the third vote there, I should have voted LSG to be opposite of DT. That was certainly an idiot play on my part.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Fouts has just finished defending dubb to the very end and beyond. Dubb was good. It's quite easy who see who should be believed at the moment, Ms Galore.

I really am finding it hard to picture a scenario where I don't vote DT tomorrow.

i can see i'll have my work cut out for me.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #379
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You are woken during the middle of the night by an urgent call. British Intelligence informs you that another one of your comrades have been killed during the night. This time you find out that Barkeep was killed in his sleep. Your superiors are getting quite agitated at the lack of results and they threaten to recall you if you don't help collar a henchman soon. They tell you if you don't bring in a bad guy today you might not have a job tommorrow.

Barkeep was agent 000

Day 3 Votes are due Wednesday evening by 9:00pm EST
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #380
path12
Coordinator

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Man, what are the odds?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #381
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

JEEZUS. That was a waste.

Alright, well since night actions are up and I'm still alive, it's time to let the cat out of the bag.

VOTE BLADE

Blade is not 007. I am 007. I scanned Blade on Night 1 and got the answer that he was not a henchman. This is why I was against voting for him earlier tonight, as Alan told me that all I learn is "yes or no" on the "are you a evil henchman" question and I was operating under the assumption that since he wasn't a henchman the odds are that he was good.

However If Blade's not an evil henchman then he must be Goldfinger, because he is certainly NOT 007 and he had no reason to fake the role reveal at this point as a good guy, especially claiming that he was going to scan Fouts tonight.

I had gone to scan Barkeep tonight, operating under the assumption that Barkeep was likely Blade's accomplice since Blade cleared him and we were so close to endgame, but Barkeep was dead when I arrived.

Clearly Blade intends to kill Barkeep last night, declare Fouts evil and get you all to lynch him, and then win the game with a night-kill.

I don't know who his accomplice is at this point, and i was really hoping I'd have the total package to deliver to you guys, but there is no doubt in my mind that Blade is Goldfinger.

I've been trying to drop subtle hints that I was 007 all game. Look back at the long post after CR voted for me earlier where I state that I am a secret agent (00?). Read the post carefully. Do the math! IT ADDS UP!

Look at my posts early in the game, even later. How many times did I use "seen."

I AM 007

And although I can't deliver you both of the bad guys that you face, I can at least bring you one and elimate myself from the equation as a possible evil, giving us at least a shot tomorrow. I wanted to be able to eliminate another person as a possible evil, but Blade outsmarted me on the Barkeep-thing.

VOTE BLADE
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #382
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I have ti run, and will be out all day today at both jobs. Unfortunately, I have very little to go on.

VOTE DADDY TORGO

Simply because he ended up being the key vote on DC yesterday. But really not married to this pick, and if I could be around as other information might come out, I would probably change it.

Oh well. See you all tonight (if I live).

Just quoting this for posterity. It seems most of you missed it. Of all people, Fouts actually got and understood this (although he still voted for me of course, I love you, too, Fouts).

Okay, enough pique and back to the game. What a muck this is.

I didn't really have a good feel for the DT vote, but I didn't have much else to go on at the time. He hadn't made his agent # post yet (or the most recent one either, of course). I am inclined to believe him. We are in end game here already, and DT revealed at the right time.

I question why he would scan Blade and not Barkeep on Night One, but I'm not going to quibble. You could make a case one way or another.

I don't know that Alan would make such a distinction in his rules about "henchmen", though, honestly, so while I believe DT is 007, I don't think he is right about Blade as Goldfinger. He might be Pussy Galore, but I just don't see Goldfinger.

I think Goldfinger is playing UTR, so I would look at path as a strong possibility. Obviously, some would lump me in there, too, but if you're going to lynch me because I have two jobs, well, then, go ahead and slip the noose around my neck. This is my schedule whether I am good or bad, so, really, you all should know this by now.

If I had to vote right now I would probably vote Blade, because he and DT are claiming the same role, and I believe DT. But I don't get the bad vibe from Blade. I think he's Pussy Galore.

One thing I definitely believe to be true: LSG's belief there is a crafty veteran wolf in the mix. I think Fouts and dubb are two excellent possibilities based on their past experience. They have the ability to pull it off.

This is a very critical vote, and I will be able to vote tomorrow night instead of in the morning. So I will wait to see what transpires before casting a vote.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 AM   #383
path12
Coordinator

Well, I'm not sure what I think of your story, but I will investigate it.

But without reading the rules, 007 just sees henchmen?? Not Goldfinger? That sucks.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:59 AM   #384
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure what I think of your story, but I will investigate it.

But without reading the rules, 007 just sees henchmen?? Not Goldfinger? That sucks.

Yeah, that's the part I am not sure I buy. The good guys are already hard enough under the gun here. I don't see Alan making it harder. I think it's smeantics, and 007 will see evil whether it's Goldfinger or a henchman.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:02 AM   #385
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah. all i get is if they are a henchman or not. i don't have a way to find out if they are an agent.

as for why i scanned Blade on Night 1...i wanted to find out what side the crazy man was on. He can be very persuasive and i wanted to know if he was persuading for good or for bad.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:04 AM   #386
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that's the part I am not sure I buy. The good guys are already hard enough under the gun here. I don't see Alan making it harder. I think it's smeantics, and 007 will see evil whether it's Goldfinger or a henchman.

i was hoping that was the case too, but if that's so, then why the fake-reveal by Blade and the smear-job on Fouts?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #387
path12
Coordinator

Alan, can you clarify that for us? Would 007 see Goldfinger?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #388
path12
Coordinator

Here's our problem. If Goldfinger and Oddjob have figured out who Galore is, then we're at 3-3 for our voting. If not, well, that could be interesting.

But lynching Galore sucks for us. It doesn't get evil and wins the game for them with a night kill.

We need to get Goldfinger or Oddjob tonight. The factions are about to be drawn. Right now I'll state that I believe Fouts to be good. So kids, who wants to join the good team?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 AM   #389
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i was hoping that was the case too, but if that's so, then why the fake-reveal by Blade and the smear-job on Fouts?

Well, that depends. If he's lying, then he could be Pussy Galore. He would still read as good, if I read the rules right, but his aim would not be for good.

But the obvious other end of this is that Blade could indeed be telling the truth, and you're lying. I am leaning toward believing you, but you have to acknowledge that possibility. And if Blade is 007, his smear job on Fouts could be the same thing as I see--Fouts would qualify as one of a handful of veteran players who could pull off being a wolf out in the open in this manner.

I have to assume if Blade didn't try to scan you (if he is 007), he would certainly scan Fouts after that.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 AM   #390
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here's our problem. If Goldfinger and Oddjob have figured out who Galore is, then we're at 3-3 for our voting. If not, well, that could be interesting.

But lynching Galore sucks for us. It doesn't get evil and wins the game for them with a night kill.

We need to get Goldfinger or Oddjob tonight. The factions are about to be drawn. Right now I'll state that I believe Fouts to be good. So kids, who wants to join the good team?

The thing is, I could buy that Fouts is the crafty wolf and you are the other (would it matter which is Goldfinger/Oddjob, likely not). So I wouldn't be so sure you were on the side of good even if you pair up.

The only thing I am certain of is that, among DT and Blade, one is good for sure, and the other is likely bad. No way they are both bad. Small chance they are both good and confused, but that would be a reach.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:16 AM   #391
Blade6119
Coordinator

Daddytorgo is lying, flat out. No bones about it, im 007. He is utterly and totally full of shit. Do not believe him, he is lying. Last night i scanned fouts, and he is goldfinger. If you do not lynch fouts, you will lose the game. I find it likely now DT is pussy galore, and killing him will still result in the death of a villager and an end game scenario. Kill fouts or lose the game.

We are at end-game, and suprise suprise suddenly DT comes out and tries a reveal. Dont be fooled, i told you all last night.

Barkeep is good, Fouts is evil. If you lynch fouts, you get to keep playing. You lynch me, its game over. I promise you, lynch me and it will be the last thing you do this game. Lynch fouts or lose
Demotivation
Old 12-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #392
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The thing is, I could buy that Fouts is the crafty wolf and you are the other (would it matter which is Goldfinger/Oddjob, likely not). So I wouldn't be so sure you were on the side of good even if you pair up.

The only thing I am certain of is that, among DT and Blade, one is good for sure, and the other is likely bad. No way they are both bad. Small chance they are both good and confused, but that would be a reach.

chief...read my post from right after you voted for me. do the math...it adds up. it'll tell you my role. I dropped that as my major hint hoping that someone would be reading that closely and pick it up without being too obvious. kinda looses something if i have to point it out to you, but it's there. i'd have no reason to get that intricate if i was evil. nor would i have the foresight.

blade is not telling the truth.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:23 AM   #393
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Daddytorgo is lying, flat out. No bones about it, im 007. He is utterly and totally full of shit. Do not believe him, he is lying. Last night i scanned fouts, and he is goldfinger. If you do not lynch fouts, you will lose the game. I find it likely now DT is pussy galore, and killing him will still result in the death of a villager and an end game scenario. Kill fouts or lose the game.

We are at end-game, and suprise suprise suddenly DT comes out and tries a reveal. Dont be fooled, i told you all last night.

Barkeep is good, Fouts is evil. If you lynch fouts, you get to keep playing. You lynch me, its game over. I promise you, lynch me and it will be the last thing you do this game. Lynch fouts or lose

Nice try Blade. And you told them all in the middle of night-action when you still could have been killed? That doesn't make ANY sense. You wouldn't have done that unless you KNEW you weren't going to be killed. And the reason you knew that is because you were the one doing the killing. Face it, you screwed that up. You should have waited till after night-actions to do your little fake-reveal.

While I guess you could be Pussy Galore and trying to goad us into lynching you to win the game for evil, that's a chance I think we have to be willing to take.

Look guys. Blade is DEMANDING that you vote for his choice or lose the game. I am simply telling you all that I know. And I know that I am 007, and that the person claiming to have my role can't. Make up your own minds what to do with that information.

I know that I'm going to

VOTE BLADE

early and often
Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 AM   #394
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE FOUTS

Dont listen to DT, he is lying becuase we are at end game. If you kill me, you lose the game. Do not make that mistake. Kill fouts and the game continues, make the mistake of lynching me and tonight we will be discussing how badly fouts and DT played you all. Dont cost us the game, vote fouts or we lose.
Demotivation
Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #395
Fouts
College Starter

blade is pussy galore, and DT is goldfinger.

vote DT
Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 AM   #396
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
VOTE FOUTS

Dont listen to DT, he is lying becuase we are at end game. If you kill me, you lose the game. Do not make that mistake. Kill fouts and the game continues, make the mistake of lynching me and tonight we will be discussing how badly fouts and DT played you all. Dont cost us the game, vote fouts or we lose.

lmao, tomorrow should be fun.

I can't make this call right now, either way. I need to hear from the others before doing so. I will still hold my vote until closer to the deadline (likely around 7-8:30 p.m. tomorrow, after work).

This would be a good time for some vote analysis, although two votes is not much to go on.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:37 AM   #397
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

vote DT

wow, that would be pretty ballsy of them, don't you think? I don't know if I am ready to make that leap, although I would listen to your theory if you have more. In that scenario, someone else (a critical someone) would be 007 and still able to conceivably help us tons here.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:38 AM   #398
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fouts...you're wrong. I'm not Goldfinger. I'm 007. That's the reason why I was so hesitant to vote blade yesterday, and i was pushing you + dubb away from Blade. In hindsight yeah that wasn't the smartest thing, because he's apparently Goldfinger. But at the time I assumed he was an agent, the odds were clearly in favor of that.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:38 AM   #399
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

vote DT

DT and i are on seperate teams and i think he is pussy galore, do not vote him or evil wins....
Demotivation
Old 12-20-2006, 01:40 AM   #400
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
DT and i are on seperate teams and i think he is pussy galore, do not vote him or evil wins....

You said I was goldfinger, why do you care where I vote?