Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
st.cronin
General Manager

Werewolf XL: The Trial of the Aes Sedai (game over, AES SEDAI win)

In the Age of Legends, the Aes Sedai (servants of all) were men and women of exceptional ability in the One Power.

The One Power is divided into male and female halves, known respectively as saidin and saidar. Men who can channel do so using the male half and women use the female half. The greatest works of the Aes Sedai were always performed by groups of men and women channelling together.

Certain Aes Sedai felt that the separation of the two halves of the Power constrained them. Researchers working at the Collam Daan university discovered what they thought was a new source of power able to be channelled by both genders. Boring into it, they discovered that they had unwittingly enabled the Dark One, formerly imprisoned outside of Time, to influence the world. The former utopia began to slowly decline, until the outbreak of the War of Power, in which many Aes Sedai went over to the Shadow and commanded the armies of the Dark One. The thirteen most powerful 'dark' Aes Sedai were the Forsaken (or the Chosen, to those fighting for the Shadow).

The War is now long over; the Dark One has been imprisoned, along with the Forsaken. Or so it had been thought.

Strange and forbidding signs have lately bedeviled the land; war has broken out amongst formerly peaceful neighbors; and lately an accusation has been made that some of the Forsaken have escaped, and infiltrated the Aes Sedai.

Luther Su'fi, the Aes Sedai bringing the accusation, the next day is found dead, torn apart by the One Power.

Convening in the Hall of Servants, you realize that you can no longer trust any of your fellow Aes Sedai; any one of you could be Forsaken, or in league with them.

Player list:

1. Barkeep49 - killed night 2, of the Light
2. RPI-Fan - Tried day 2, passed, of the Light, Killed Night 5
3. Jonathan Ezarik
4. Mr. Wednesday - killed night 6, of the Light
5. Chief Rum
6. Anxiety - Killed Night 3, of the Light
7. Dodgerchick
8. path12 - Tried Day 1, gone insane, of the Light
9. Schmidty
10. Tyrith - Tried Day 3, cut off from the One Power, of the Light
11. Blade6119 - Tried day 6, FORSAKEN
12. BrianD - killed Night 4, of the Light
13. Lathum - Tried day 5, FORSAKEN
14. AlanT - killed night 6, FORSAKEN

15. spleen1015 - killed night 1, of the Light
16. LoneStarGirl - tried day 4, FORSAKEN
17. st.cronin - killed night 0, of the Light
18. LoneStarGirl - reincarnated, night 6

Rules: Each game day, all players vote for one player to be "Tried" as a Forsaken. This trial will result in the player's death if Forsaken. It is possible, but unlikely, for an Aes Sedai of the Light to survive the trial. The player with the most votes will be tried. The mechanic for breaking ties is not known to the players. Voting deadline will be 8pm Eastern Time. The game will begin with NIGHT ZERO. Not all players with night actions will have a move on night zero.

Roles: All roles will be surprises.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 01-10-2007 at 07:19 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am on the side of Light, checking in. I have no abilities I have been told about to this point, but judging from the opening post, none of us do, except perhaps for the Forsaken.

The early deadline time means it is possible I won't be able to get a vote in tomorrow, as I am working from 11 a.m. EST to 8 p.m. EST, but I will try. If that's enough to hang me, so be it. If I am not dead, I will be around tomorrow night.

I will check in before I leave tomorrow to see if Night has become Day and I can put in a quickie vote.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
path12
Coordinator

Another great layout. Checking in on the side of Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I have no abilities I have been told about to this point, but judging from the opening post, none of us do, except perhaps for the Forsaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Rules[/b]] Roles: All roles will be surprises.

I take it the other way. There could be lots of roles in this game.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #4
path12
Coordinator

D'ohla. Bad formatting strikes again.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:22 AM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
D'ohla. Bad formatting strikes again.

You mean that bad won't know their roles either? But they will know they're bad, right? Even not knowing roles, but knowing they are abd and able to communicate will be a boon for them. They will probably have kill ability information revealed to them, too, wouldn't they? I mean, that's pretty critical for them.

So even if they don't know their roles, my guess is they will know what they truly need to know--and that's a lot more than us.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Im here. Yay! About time we got this game a movin'!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #7
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You mean that bad won't know their roles either? But they will know they're bad, right? Even not knowing roles, but knowing they are abd and able to communicate will be a boon for them. They will probably have kill ability information revealed to them, too, wouldn't they? I mean, that's pretty critical for them.

So even if they don't know their roles, my guess is they will know what they truly need to know--and that's a lot more than us.

I just meant that it seems to me that if st.cronin says that all roles are surprises, I've gotta think that means there could be quite a few roles in the game, good or bad. I thought you were taking the position that there weren't a lot of roles.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:32 AM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just meant that it seems to me that if st.cronin says that all roles are surprises, I've gotta think that means there could be quite a few roles in the game, good or bad. I thought you were taking the position that there weren't a lot of roles.

Oh, no, not at all. Just that we were all (especially on the side of good) in the dark on what our roles are. And that, as of now, I don't have a role I have been told about or discovered yet.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:27 AM   #9
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I have received and read my role PM.

As usual, particularly in a hidden roles game, I will be keeping any and all information about my role (if any) to myself until I judge it appropriate to share.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #10
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Checking in on the side of light.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #11
spleen1015
Coordinator

Good morning! Checking in.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #12
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in. Let's have a good game all.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am a good guy.

Path, I have to believe that while the baddies might not know the specifics of their role they know whether or not they've been corrupted by dark.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Alas, I have run out of time. I am putting in a vote, although I don't know if it will count. This is a truly, completely random vote, and none of you should put any weight into it. I picked someone at random, with no evidence at all.

VOTE SCHMIDTY

Sorry, Schmidty.

See you all tonight.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #15
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, no, not at all. Just that we were all (especially on the side of good) in the dark on what our roles are. And that, as of now, I don't have a role I have been told about or discovered yet.

I take this to mean that the folks that have roles know what they are. The group just doesn't know what roles exist in the game.

Anyone with night actions has to know their role, otherwise they wouldn't be able to send in Night 0 actions.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Since I have no special abilities, I have no idea what those who do know or don't know. Either way, I am here and checking in as a normal Aes Sedai.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #17
st.cronin
General Manager

Day 1 begins. All Aes Sedai are present and accounted for, except one - st.cronin is missing! An inspection of his chambers reveals that he and all his attendants and bodyguards have been slaughtered! How could this have happened without anybody hearing or sensing anything? Not one of you even sensed that the One Power was being used. It must be true, then - the Forsaken are among you.

DAY 1 has begun. Voting closes at 8pm Eastern Time. Chief Rum's vote will count, as will all votes made during the night period. One other note in answer to some pms - there are NO die rolls in this game. All results have been determined in advance.

knives out
Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #18
Lorena
Unregistered

Got my role.

Could it be possible that maybe only 1 person knew they were Foresaken on Night 0 and as the game goes along some of the people on the "side of the light" will eventually find out that they are in fact Foresaken?

Just a thought.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Got my role.

Could it be possible that maybe only 1 person knew they were Foresaken on Night 0 and as the game goes along some of the people on the "side of the light" will eventually find out that they are in fact Foresaken?

Just a thought.

Based on the storyline above, it sounds to me that the Forsaken were imprisoned, but escaped (or some of them escaped). So my guess is that those who are forsaken to start the game know so.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #20
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What we need is somebody who knows Robert Jordan to help us here. While cronin has indicated such knowledge might be a penalty, I think some background knowledge would have to do us some good.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #21
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Based on the storyline above, it sounds to me that the Forsaken were imprisoned, but escaped (or some of them escaped). So my guess is that those who are forsaken to start the game know so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Strange and forbidding signs have lately bedeviled the land; war has broken out amongst formerly peaceful neighbors; and lately an accusation has been made that some of the Forsaken have escaped, and infiltrated the Aes Sedai.

Whoops, there it is. It might help if I actually READ the story more carefully instead of skimming through it.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 AM   #22
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
What we need is somebody who knows Robert Jordan to help us here.

No, you really don't. For one thing, I only read two of his books, and the storyline above only barely resembles anything that happened in Jordan's world (I think). Also, what could happen in the game will not be based on anything that I read in Jordan's books. That's why I said it would be a penalty - this was a deliberate design decision on my part.

knives out
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #23
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok evidently we DON'T need some Robert Jordan knowledge.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #24
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Ok evidently we DON'T need some Robert Jordan knowledge.

knives out
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #25
spleen1015
Coordinator

Okay, so I am throwing out 11 books of knowledge and just going by what's been given to me by st.cronin. Sweetness.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Okay, so I am throwing out 11 books of knowledge and just going by what's been given to me by st.cronin. Sweetness.

Which basically means that you've thrown out 10 books of dress descriptions and men and women being unable to talk to each other and 1 book of story.

I wouldn't expect book knowledge to be overly helpful anyway. The Forsaken were very powerful bad Aes Sedai from the past, and current bad Aes Sedai tend to know some in their group, but not everyone. It would be very easy to believe the bad guys know each other, or know nobody.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #27
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, I have to believe that while the baddies might not know the specifics of their role they know whether or not they've been corrupted by dark.

Oh, I agree -- barring a conversion type of role where an original good guy/gal can be turned.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #28
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Checking in. Does anyone think it is possible only one of the Forsaken is free and they may have the option to either kill or set another free at night?

Just throwing it out there in case there is a night with no kill.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #29
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Checking in with another vanilla role on the side of Light. Hmm, vanilla.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #30
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Checking in. Does anyone think it is possible only one of the Forsaken is free and they may have the option to either kill or set another free at night?

Just throwing it out there in case there is a night with no kill.

Anything is possible at this point. I'd look more for a foiled attack or conversion -- but since we don't know what state the bad guys are in right now that's a good theory too.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #31
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Oh, and the first person that tugs their hair in frustration gets my lynch vote.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #32
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, I agree -- barring a conversion type of role where an original good guy/gal can be turned.
Yeah I think a conversion is possible.

Now, what's the point of doing a N0 if no body knew their role? I think when cronin says all roles will be surprises it is more likely to mean that it is a hidden roles game. If the good guys, however, truly are starting without a bodyguard or seer then I would have to think the bad guys don't know who each other are.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #33
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Oh, and the first person that tugs their hair in frustration gets my lynch vote.

Just when I was going to tug my braid.

If Dodgerchick or LSG goes Nynaeve in this game, I am quitting.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I think a conversion is possible.

Now, what's the point of doing a N0 if no body knew their role? I think when cronin says all roles will be surprises it is more likely to mean that it is a hidden roles game. If the good guys, however, truly are starting without a bodyguard or seer then I would have to think the bad guys don't know who each other are.

I guess I don't understand what started the topic that good guys with roles might not know them. I don't see anything that made me think that. My thought was that this is simply just a hidden role game. We don't know whats out there and might or might not find out as we continue.

Quote:
Just when I was going to tug my braid.

If Dodgerchick or LSG goes Nynaeve in this game, I am quitting.

What does going Nynaeve mean? Wikipedia says she is a character in the story, but I don't know anything about the stories.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #35
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What does going Nynaeve mean? Wikipedia says she is a character in the story, but I don't know anything about the stories.

She is a typical woman (in the world of Robert Jordan) who thinks she knows better than any man and is a bit of a bully. She is likely to tell anyone (man or woman) just exactly what they should be doing at any given time.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
She is a typical woman (in the world of Robert Jordan) who thinks she knows better than any man and is a bit of a bully. She is likely to tell anyone (man or woman) just exactly what they should be doing at any given time.

Oh ok. so basically my ex-wife. got it.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #37
spleen1015
Coordinator

BrianD summed her up well.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #38
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh ok. so basically my ex-wife. got it.

lol
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #39
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post

so basicaly every woman...

ducks
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #40
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As I don't know whether I'll be on again later or not, I'll Vote Lathum for the sexist joke.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #41
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so basicaly every woman...

ducks

Old 01-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #42
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well I am here. I forgot the game started today so good thing I checked FOFC. I dont have to work till Monday so I should be able to contribute as much as usual, if not more.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well ok then.

I'll VOTE BARKEEP

my reason is actually in the past when we have had hidden role games he has been very vocal in people possibly revealing their roles early to start a COT but today has been quiet about that.

I know it's not much but since he also voted for me it makes sense,
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #44
Tyrith
College Starter

Lathum, you should know better than insult women, after all they do for us :P

I may not be around much today, or tomorrow for that matter, so I'm gonna put out a vote now just so there is on there. I think Alan has had this one coming for a while :P

VOTE ALANT
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #45
Schmidty
Coordinator

Oops, I just noticed that my role PM was sent.

I'm here and checking in.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #46
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Lathum, you should know better than insult women, after all they do for us :P

I may not be around much today, or tomorrow for that matter, so I'm gonna put out a vote now just so there is on there. I think Alan has had this one coming for a while :P

VOTE ALANT

I would yell and scream back and such.. but after being up all night sick.. I just don't have the energy

P.S. this is the second time in the last 40 days I got sick eating something. Last night it was trying a brazillian place in town that I had never been to (and likely never will go back to again). Good news is that it has allowed me plenty of time to lay in bed and watch tv today. (Watching traffic currently)
Old 01-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #47
spleen1015
Coordinator

How much fun is watching traffic?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How much fun is watching traffic?

Watching the movie traffic, not actually looking out the window
Old 01-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #49
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I see DC has tapped into bulletsponge's smiley library.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #50
Blade6119
Coordinator

i really wanted to vote schmidty or alan becuase i hate them both very much, but they already have votes.

VOTE DODGERCHICK

By the way DC, ive got a new story for ya next time we chat
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote