Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #51
Schmidty
Coordinator

I know that everyone wants to be clever and original (except for me ), but someone has to be Spider-man.

Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #52
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I want to be Storm :-)

She is the only woman character I knew off the top of my head. I think GE is going to play this one too, ill make him get on this afternoon and sign up as a birthday gift cuz i love playing with him
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #53
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I'll take Wolverine. This is my first WW, so I will suck and suck badly.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #54
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

A werewolf game about comic book characters? Man, what a bunch of geeks.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #55
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Oh, who am I trying to kid?

I'm in. I really don't care who I am, but I'll take Spidey if no one else wants him (does this mean I get to make out with Kirsten Dunst?)
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #56
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'll take Spidey if no one else wants him (does this mean I get to make out with Kirsten Dunst?)

I will try to put a fair amount of comic book flavor into the game. But no promises on Spidey getting the girl.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #57
gi
College Prospect

Sign me up and if possible I'd like to be Captain Britain (Brian Braddock), also known as Britannic.

I'll be reading up on the rules tomorrow at work.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #58
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Oh, who am I trying to kid?

I'm in. I really don't care who I am, but I'll take Spidey if no one else wants him (does this mean I get to make out with Kirsten Dunst?)
It would be far better if you embrace your unique talents Spiderman instead of merely worrying about humans. You could achieve so much, yet so many are holding you back.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #59
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like to be Longshot. Better lucky than good.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #60
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm also assuming from what people have picked so far (although they're not exclusively mutants) that this is from the Marvel Universe. It'd be sort of funny to see Superman, Batman, Spawn, or Groo the Wanderer.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #61
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yes, I'm restricting it to the Marvel Universe because I have a much better shot of knowing those characters and rewarding people for good role-playing. I think this genre is just begging for some level of playing in character. There won't be any penalties for not playing in character except potentially foregoing undeclared benefits.

For someone who is signing up that isn't familiar with their character (not a comics guy) I will try to provide information on the character personality as well as links to Wikipedia or some other references for research.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #62
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hmmmm...just reading through the thread and I saw SnDvls in another thread suggested Longshot. Don't want to take the character if he's going to be him.

I'll take another who's an interesting guy instead: Mimic.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #63
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It would be far better if you embrace your unique talents Spiderman instead of merely worrying about humans. You could achieve so much, yet so many are holding you back.

HULK SMASH FANCY-PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #64
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I'm very tempted to take the most useless superhero ever (and one of my favorites too), the super-translator Cypher, but instead will go with the slightly more useful Cannonball as it seems (from the wiki) he has some connection to Apocalypse.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #65
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
HULK SMASH FANCY-PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

(hic) ... you're green. HAHAHAHA!! ... (hic)
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #66
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Could someone give me two names to choose (from PM or post)? No need to explain who they are, as I don't follow this stuff. I'd like to be random, so 2 or a few more names so I can choose one would be great.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #67
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Got em.

I will be Daredevil. He's the blind Ben Affleck dude, right?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #68
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Got em.

I will be Daredevil. He's the blind Ben Affleck dude, right?

*shudders*
Old 01-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #69
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, I already listed a few for Chief via PM earlier so I won't repeat those. But here are some characters I have pre-generated along with short descriptions.

1.) Longshot - agile pretty boy, who is exceptionally lucky.
2.) Hank Pym - smart guy who has had numerous super hero identities. Most involve either growing or shrinking
3.) Mathemanic - don't know much about him, frankly. But he is extremely smart and has mental attack powers
4.) Nick Fury - old-school good guy, head of SHIELD the world's premier spy network
5.) Hobgoblin - kind of a Green Goblin rip-off, SpiderMan opponent. Uses a variety of high tech weapons. If you have seen SpiderMan movie (1st one) you have a feel for what this guy does
6.) Mr. Fantastic - smartest guy on planet, elastic body, head of Fantastic Four.
7.) Whizzer - super-fast guy
8.) Cyclops - long-time X-Men, straight man, married to Jean Grey. Has optic blast that shreds
9.) Captain America - epitome of regular human being, carries an unbreakable shield and is regarded as premier leader in Marvel comics
Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #70
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So, should I choose from those or stick with my guy?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, whatever works. I'm fine with Daredevil - usually takes me about 10 minutes to create a new character and I should have done Daredevil already, but got lazy around Christmas
Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #72
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I win. Logan can't die

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #73
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am in and I choose Mandarin.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #74
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd like to play. I'm not so sure how good I am at role play, though... maybe type casting would be a good idea.

Mathemanic looks interesting, and somewhat according to type.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #75
SackAttack
Head Coach

Sure, hoops. I'm in. Captain America if he's still available. Johnny Blaze (Human Torch) otherwise.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Sure, hoops. I'm in. Captain America if he's still available. Johnny Blaze (Human Torch) otherwise.

Johnny Blaze is Ghost Rider. You are probably thinking of Johnny Storm, the FF Human Torch, but not the original Marvel Human Torch. (That one first appeared in Marvel Comics #1 in 1939 and is one of three classic Marvel WWII era heroes (With Captain America and Sub-Mariner being the other two))

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 AM   #77
WVUFAN
College Starter

Someone should be Namor.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:53 AM   #78
Thomkal
Head Coach

Need a Dr. Strange too. So you can say stuff like "By the Eye of Agamattoo!"
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 AM   #79
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
I win. Logan can't die

You'd better hope that Maggy doesn't suck the adamantium out of you again.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #80
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
AE, I already listed a few for Chief via PM earlier so I won't repeat those. But here are some characters I have pre-generated along with short descriptions.

1.) Longshot - agile pretty boy, who is exceptionally lucky.
2.) Hank Pym - smart guy who has had numerous super hero identities. Most involve either growing or shrinking
3.) Mathemanic - don't know much about him, frankly. But he is extremely smart and has mental attack powers
4.) Nick Fury - old-school good guy, head of SHIELD the world's premier spy network
5.) Hobgoblin - kind of a Green Goblin rip-off, SpiderMan opponent. Uses a variety of high tech weapons. If you have seen SpiderMan movie (1st one) you have a feel for what this guy does
6.) Mr. Fantastic - smartest guy on planet, elastic body, head of Fantastic Four.
7.) Whizzer - super-fast guy
8.) Cyclops - long-time X-Men, straight man, married to Jean Grey. Has optic blast that shreds
9.) Captain America - epitome of regular human being, carries an unbreakable shield and is regarded as premier leader in Marvel comics

I'm surprised that no one has taken Cable.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #81
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, during the initial suggestions list there were a ton of people I was surprised to see as well as a few I was surprised were not suggested.

Personally, I would probably have gone with someone fairly obscure if the moderator was game - my choice probably would have been Spiral.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:56 AM   #82
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well speaking for myself, but it sounds like I am not alone.. I don't honestly know who any of these guys you are talking about are I know the people from the movies, and older cartoons (like Captain America, Spider man, Wolverine, etc). I never read comic books or anything. So 95% of the people you all talk about mean nothing to me

I honestly picked my char out of wikipedia after I moved chars to let someone who is a first timer or doesn't play as much be my original choice. Doesn't really matter what char I am to me
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #83
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am so excited bout this game! ant and ardent and Bonegavel and Gi and sack attack and Thomkal and WVU! This could be interesting.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 AM   #84
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am so excited bout this game! ant and ardent and Bonegavel and Gi and sack attack and Thomkal and WVU! This could be interesting.

It bloody well better be!
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #85
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I will jump in if there is still room.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #86
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure thing - just let me know what character you are looking to play.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #87
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Put me in..I just have to think of who I want to be since Longshot is taken.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #88
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Put me in..I just have to think of who I want to be since Longshot is taken.

Longshot actually isn't taken, according to the chart, so you could have him if you like.

EDIT: It was RA that took him and then gave him up so you could have him.

Last edited by Tyrith : 01-10-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #89
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Who are the two reserved spots for Hoops? And why are we waiting to begin on the 16th?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #90
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hoops won't be around at the end of this week for a few days, so his planned start date all along was next week. Its all good though, since Lathum's game is a good fill-in stop gap between Cronin's and hoops schedule wise
Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #91
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Who are the two reserved spots for Hoops? And why are we waiting to begin on the 16th?

Further, the roles (characters) for this game are more detailed than in any other game I've seen, in terms of each player having multiple things they can do. We're going to spend a couple of days creating the characters that weren't requested previously, finalizing the designs and balance, and working things out in general.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #92
hoopsguy
General Manager

LSG, I will keep the reserved spots close to the vest for now - they are for people who have played in previous games that haven't been around in awhile and are considering the timing of this game and (to some extent) their interest in getting back in the WW mix.

We aren't going to be starting until next week because I'm going to be in Las Vegas from the 12th to 15th. I'll get in on the 15th and promptly sleep like crazy. I'll then look to send roles out on the 16th (Tuesday) with the intent for Day 1 deadline to be Wednesday evening.

Although Tyrith is helping me with moderating this game, there is going to be a ton of work initially sending out 25 unique PMs with more data than the average PM, as well as more player/mod PMs than most games. Finally, there is more stuff to track in terms of use of powers, health, and energy for each of the characters. The whole idea of bringing a co-moderator in was to make sure we were properly tracking everything in a game that had more moving parts than most. Given that notion, I don't think it would be fair to dump the start of the game on him and pick it back up on Day 4 or wherever it would be when I get back in town.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #93
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm cool with waiting until next week since Nerds will be kicking off tonight.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #94
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
LSG, I will keep the reserved spots close to the vest for now - they are for people who have played in previous games that haven't been around in awhile and are considering the timing of this game and (to some extent) their interest in getting back in the WW mix.

We aren't going to be starting until next week because I'm going to be in Las Vegas from the 12th to 15th. I'll get in on the 15th and promptly sleep like crazy. I'll then look to send roles out on the 16th (Tuesday) with the intent for Day 1 deadline to be Wednesday evening.

Although Tyrith is helping me with moderating this game, there is going to be a ton of work initially sending out 25 unique PMs with more data than the average PM, as well as more player/mod PMs than most games. Finally, there is more stuff to track in terms of use of powers, health, and energy for each of the characters. The whole idea of bringing a co-moderator in was to make sure we were properly tracking everything in a game that had more moving parts than most. Given that notion, I don't think it would be fair to dump the start of the game on him and pick it back up on Day 4 or wherever it would be when I get back in town.

Sounds like the perfect thing to do. Make him do the tough work, and you swoop in to take all the praise and credit at the end!

Get to work Tyrith!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #95
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't have hoops comic book knowledge and such to finish off the character designs or do the PMs anyway. My role is mostly working on rules, balancing, and then keeping track of all the numbers that are going to come up. I think the way hoops has made the game is going to make it fairly intuitive to the players, because it uses a lot of standard concepts, but there are going to be a LOT of moving parts, so hoops and I need to both be ready. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait
Old 01-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #96
hoopsguy
General Manager

In terms of comic book knowledge, mine is a bit dated at this point - probably about ten years back. I've spent time researching the requested characters on Wikipedia to make sure I'm at least a little bit knowledgeable on recent events.

For the people who are well-versed on their requested character, I'm very willing to listen to your input during the game on what kind of writing I should do pertaining to those heroes. And I will do my best to faithfully represent the Marvel universe, but it will not necessarily match current events (Civil War, House of M, etc). So consider this to be yet another parallel universe if that makes it easier to grasp - one that probably rewards the comic book fan knowledge, but will punish them if they rely on it as an absolute. After all, deep down this is a werewolf game
Old 01-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #97
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Longshot actually isn't taken, according to the chart, so you could have him if you like.

EDIT: It was RA that took him and then gave him up so you could have him.

ahh hadn't seen that
thanks RA and Tyrith for pointing it out

I'll be Longshot then

also - if our "names" are known then ultimitally our powers are known as well so wouldn't one think that someone like Prof. X being able to read minds ect. might be a prime person for the 4 horsemen to pick off.
hoops I hope you have something in place for this
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #98
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls - I understand that people are going to have expectations for what powers people have based on the comics. I can assure you that I do not have everyone with powers that most-closely match the "first thought comes to mind" with people.

For example, what if people had requested Professor X, Jean Grey, Cable, Psylocke, Rachel Summers, and Shadow Master? Would I really be putting six seers in the game?

Similarly, I need to keep the powers somewhat balanced and in a format that will work for a game of werewolf.

So, the end result of this is that people will know your character and will probably make assumptions about your powers. In many, many cases, those assumptions would be off-base.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #99
hoopsguy
General Manager

Related thought - that people know who you are and might be picked to be bad because of perceived abilities:

Yep, and that should make for interesting Day 1 conversations
Old 01-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #100
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Johnny Blaze is Ghost Rider. You are probably thinking of Johnny Storm, the FF Human Torch, but not the original Marvel Human Torch. (That one first appeared in Marvel Comics #1 in 1939 and is one of three classic Marvel WWII era heroes (With Captain America and Sub-Mariner being the other two))

-Anxiety

You're right. I meant Storm, but the whole fire thing made me think 'Blaze.'
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote