Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

WW 109 - Hungry for Gold (Game Over, Wolves Win, Team USA Wins)

The rules will continue to be posted throughout the next 24 hours or so. Based on a conversation today in the last game thread I thought that it would be fun to give everyone PM rights of some sort.

The game will be a relatively standard game of WW but with an additional twist.

It will take place at the olympics. The players will be divided into teams. Each day will have a competition and the players will have options of how to play the competition. Results of the competition will be randomly determined but the odds will be based upon the chioces made by the teams. In addition to the competitions, nomal werewolf mechanics will be in place and there will be a lynch and a night kill.

There will be two sets of winners. The wolves vs. village winners and the team winners.

The roles and alignment of a player will not determine their team. A team may have no wolves, one wolf or even more.

Teams may PM their own players each day (each player my send his team up to 3 PM's per day).

Wolves will be able to PM amongst themselves an unlimited amount.

I will elaborate as the night goes along but my youngest is sick and I am watching her while my oldest is at dance.

Feel free to post questions that you may have and I will do my best to answer them either in the rules or in a post.

The deadline will be 9 PM EST. At that time first the results of the day's competition will be announced, secondly the results of the lynch will be announced and finally the night results will be announced.

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-02-2010 at 10:13 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

General Rules

- Daily deadline 9:00 PM EST, votes and actions will be taken up to and including a 9:00 PM timestamp. Once the timestamp his 9:01 the deadline has passed.

- At the deadline the first result processed will be the even results.

- Once the even results are announced the lynch result will be tabulated and announced.

- After the lynch results are announced the night actins will be run and announced. Order of night actions: defensive, scanning, killing

- Tie lynch vote means no lynch.

- A no lynch means no night kill.

- A no lynch means no scan.

PM Rules

- Team members may send 3 PM's to their fellow team-mates during the course of a game day (after the previous day's results until the next day's deadline).

- Wolves have unlimited PM rights.

- NO PM's may be discussed in thread, exceptions will be noted in PM's which I send (such as the seer getting a scan result, revealing that willbe up to them and noted in the PM). This means that if a wolf messes up and sends the other members of his team (competition, not wolves) an incorrect PM which reveals he is a wolf those who received that information may not mention it in the game thread. They can vote on what they have discovered but they can't tell the rest of the group what they discovered from "insider information".

Competition Rules

- The number of teams, and number of players per team will be determined by the number of players.

- Each day a competition will be announced. At the time of the competition being announced the decisions available to the teams will be announced.

- Each player will be given a certain strength and weakness which they will know. The decisions and actions taken by the teams will determine the odds for the results.

- Actions taken during the competitions can affect the night action results (if the BG left it all on the ice that day, the odds of a successful block may decrease).

- The team that wins a competition will have an advantage available to them during the night phase (such as increased chance of surviving an attack, or maybe increased chane of a successful attack). One of the choices made by the team will be which team member will benefit from the advantage if they win.

Roles

- Not all roles may be used in the game (total number of players to determine).

Villager Roles

Seer - Standard seer role. Each night will select one person to scan. Will discover if they are villager or wolf (unless scanning the cunning).

Bodyguard - May select one player each night to protect. May self protect. Cannot protect the same person two nights in a row. Will not learn of an attack if it happens.

Duke - One time during the game may alter the lynch result (may either chose a person to lynch or change the result to a no lynch).

Fool - Thinks they are the seer. My submit a scan each night. The results will be completely random (based upon the number of wolves to the total remaining number or players). Example: If there are 10 players left and 3 are wolves there will be a 30% chance that any scan comes back wolf.

Soothsayer - May select a statement posted in the thread and determine the truthfulness of that statement. May use this ability once.

Judge - You are secretly an olympic judges as well as competitor. Once during the competitions you may use your "ability" to rig the results of the competition so that your team wins. Using this ability will cause you to be night killed if any member of your team is targeted during that night regardless of the outcome of that kill (if a BG block happens you are still killed, if your team-mate is killed you will still be killed as well).

Vanilla - No special ability for night actions buta valuable member of their team

Wolf Roles

Brutal - If lynched you will take out a random villager, if duked to you will take out the duke.

Cunning - If scanned you will come up as a villager.

Slut - You may choose a villager each night and prevent them from performing an action. You may not select the same villager twice during the game.

Juicer - HGH is your friend, you may chose to use your ability for an event that requires strength and fix the results. If you use this ability and a member of your team is scanned that night the person performing the scan will also scan you.

Cultist - You win with the wolves but you count towards the villager numbers. You will learn the identity of a wolf upon the first vote for a wolf each day but no more than one wolf identity per day. Example: If EagleFan was a wolf and received the first vote on day one you would learn that he was a wolf. If BK was a wolf and received the second vote you would not learn his identity.

Wolf - No special night ability but a valuable member of their team.

Other

Defector - You start the game as a villager but if night attacked you will be converted to a wolf. You win with whatever team you end the game on.

Events

Curling - Your team will compete as a team and win (or lose) as a team. Requires Strength and Precision.

Halfpipe - Individual competition, win gold for your team. Requires Precision. Judged.

Downhill - Individual competition, race on the edge and go for gold. Requires Strength and Stamina.

Hockey - Compete as a team. Require Strength and Stamina.

Speed Skating - Individual competition. Requires Stamina.

Short Track Speed Skating - Individual competition. Requires Stamina and Precision.

Figure Skating - Individual competition. Requires Precision. Judged

Bobsled - Team competition. Requires Precision and Stamina.

Skeleton - Individual competition. Requires Precision and Stamina.

Effort

- All players will start the game with 10 effort. Applying that effort to an event will increase your chances.

- Bonus effort may be awarded for winning competitions as part of the team reward.

Team Standings

- Gold = 5 pts
- Silver = 3 pts
- Bronze = 1 pt

- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins the event stage of the game

- A team will be eligible for events as long as at least one team member is still in the game

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-23-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Signups:

1. Darth Vilus - seer (day four lynch)
2. J23 - vanilla villager (night two kill)
3. Lathum - judge (day two duking)
4. Autumn - vanilla villager (night four kill)
5. Danny - vanilla villager (day three lynch)
6. PurdueBrad - duke (night six kill)
7. Poli
8. KWhit - vanilla villager (day five lynch)
9. ntndeacon
10. Telle - vanilla villager (day six lynch)
11. Passacaglia
12. Schmidty - bodyguard (day one lynch)
13. MartinD/hoopsguy
14. CrimsonFox - vanilla villager (night three kill)
15. Thomkal

Alternate:
1. hoopsguy

Team Germany
Thomkal
MartinD/hoopsguy
Autumn

Team Russia
Poli
ntndeacon
Telle

Team Sweden
J23
Darth Vilus
PurdueBrad

Team USA
Danny
Lathum
Passacaglia

Team Canada
Schmidty
KWhit
CrimsonFox

Event Schedule

Day One

Downhill Skiing - This event combines strength and stamina. Those who have that ability will gain an edge. The event is an individual event but the team that has the winning participant will gain an advantage for day/night one. Each team must select a member of their team to receive that advantage.

Team bonus - One member of the winning team will either gain a 25% hance of avoiding a night kill (if vanilla villager) or a 25% better chance of avoiding a bodyguard block (if a wolf).

Gold - Lathum (USA)
Silver - CrimsonFox (Canada)
Bronze - Darth Vilus (Sweden)

Code:
Team G S B Pts USA 1 0 0 5 Canada 0 1 0 3 Sweden 0 0 1 1 Germany 0 0 0 0 Russia 0 0 0 0

Day Two

Figure Skating - The event shows off precision on ice. Those with ice and precision skills will have an advantage.

Team bonus - The winning team may give a bonus is one of clarity. If the player awarded the bonus is a villager they will have a 25% chance of attempting a scan. If not successful they will not be given a result. If the team member is a wolf they will be given a 25% chance of a night kill.

Gold - Lathum (USA)
Silver - Telle (Russia)
Bronze - Danny (USA)

Code:
Team G S B Pts USA 2 0 1 11 Canada 0 1 0 3 Russia 0 1 0 3 Sweden 0 0 1 1 Germany 0 0 0 0

Day Three

Curling - Your team will compete as a team and win (or lose) as a team. Requires Strength and Precision. Ice Event. Team event.

Win Bonus - 25% chance of a blocked attack. The wolf advantage is unknown, but does exist.

Gold - Sweden
Silver - Russia
Bronze - Germany

Code:
Team G S B Pts USA 2 0 1 11 Sweden 1 0 1 6 Russia 0 2 0 6 Canada 0 1 0 3 Germany 0 0 1 1

Day Four

Speed Skating - Ice event, requires stamina. Individual event.

Bonus - Mystery bonus for both sides.

Gold - Thomkal (Germany)
Silver - ntndeacon (Russia)
Bronze - PurdueBrad (Sweden)

Code:
Team G S B Pts USA 2 0 1 11 Russia 0 3 0 9 Sweden 1 0 2 7 Germany 1 0 1 6 Canada 0 1 0 3

Weekend - Demonstration Sport

Indoor Lacrosse - Non-medal count demonstration sport. All players have returned, even those who have been forced to leave will make an appearance in the events. The times are estimates as my availability will determine the actual times.

The numbers are the skills. The higher the number the better. All were randomly chosen through random.org.

Final Standings
1st - Sweden
2nd - USA
3rd - Canada
4th - Germany
5th - Russia

Day Five

Hockey - Ice event, requires strength and stamina. Team event

Bonus - 2 effort points

Gold - USA
Silver - Russia
Bronze - Germany

Code:
Team G S B Pts USA 3 0 1 16 Russia 0 4 0 12 Sweden 1 0 2 7 Germany 1 0 2 7 Canada 0 1 0 3

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-02-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vilus in

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
J23
College Benchwarmer

Sure
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

In
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Autumn
Head Coach

in
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
Danny
Head Coach

in although after living through day 5 this past game, I am sure I'll be out day 1 or 2 here, especially since in the last game I only have votes for wolves after day 2 .
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in, despite the fact that I find the GM to be a hateful, hateful jerkface.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm in. Should I vote dv now or later?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Poli

Self preservation

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Bump, have posted a little game information.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
Danny
Head Coach

Sounds cool, but I'll bet on a wolf mixing up PM's and sending it to his teamates
Old 02-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Sounds cool, but I'll bet on a wolf mixing up PM's and sending it to his teamates

Old 02-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #15
Danny
Head Coach

Make me a cultist so that I can do that on purpose to screw with the villagers on my team.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

how do u post pics in pms and threads?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #17
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i did it once but can't remember

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #18
Danny
Head Coach

Click the insert image button and type in the link.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
KWhit
Coordinator

In.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #21
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

hmm, wasn't working earlier

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #22
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

how many teams we having? and what events?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
how many teams we having? and what events?

Depends upon the number of players in the game. I am hoping to have 3 person teams. The events will be basic olympic events. The actual event will be just for flavor but the daily results may act as a "buff".

Added some of the rules, will still be posting more throughout the night/day tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #24
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Can she be on my team?

Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Can she be on my team?

She's been given the position of special assistant to the game GM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #26
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i'm tempted to take out the GM

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #27
Autumn
Head Coach

You could at least assign one Olympic hottie to each team, come on. You want signups or not?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You could at least assign one Olympic hottie to each team, come on. You want signups or not?

Okay...

Vonn to Lathum's team

Mancusa (sp?) to PB's team

Random Swedish hottie to Danny's team

Weir to Autumn's team
Old 02-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #29
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Okay...

Vonn to Lathum's team

Mancusa (sp?) to PB's team

Random Swedish hottie to Danny's team

Weir to Autumn's team

You know, I distrust you so much I actually hunted down a picture of Julie Mancuso, expecting "her" to be a German male weightlifter, but I am impressed.

You could throw Tanith Belbin in there too probably.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #30
Autumn
Head Coach

Apparently you distrusted him just enough, PB, if you were me.

Grrrrrrr
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #31
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would do dirty things to Lindsey Vonn.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
You know, I distrust you so much I actually hunted down a picture of Julie Mancuso, expecting "her" to be a German male weightlifter, but I am impressed.

You could throw Tanith Belbin in there too probably.

See, I'm not always evil.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #33
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: There's a really good picture of her in the Olympics thread.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #34
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Apparently you distrusted him just enough, PB, if you were me.

Grrrrrrr

Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have meetings to jump into for the rest of the afternoon. Then I'll be taking my daughter to signup for lacrosse so I will jump on later this evening to finallize anything rule related.

Will also include an event list (the number of events used will depend upon how long the game lasts and how many people are involved) and more details about the events and how they will work.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added event information.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #38
J23
College Benchwarmer

Skeleton is an event?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Skeleton is an event?

Yep, I'll try to find a link for you.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Skeleton (sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

It's basically like a sled in which you are going head first.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #41
Telle
College Starter

I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #42
J23
College Benchwarmer

I stand corrected. I saw a bit of it last night. When does innertubing become a summer olympics sport?

Last edited by J23 : 02-19-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #43
Autumn
Head Coach

Some of those olympic sports seem pretty ridiculous to me too. Why does there need to be 2-person luge?

I'm assuming we're shooting for something like a monday start. So I want to post saying I'll be gone this weekend, back on for a bit monday morning and then probably mostly gone until Tuesday. so if the game starts up by Monday I'll try to check in in the morning and then be out for a bit. I should be fine after that.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'll play.

Welcome, now if you could tell RendeR to get his @$$ in here and signup.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #45
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm assuming we're shooting for something like a monday start. So I want to post saying I'll be gone this weekend, back on for a bit monday morning and then probably mostly gone until Tuesday. so if the game starts up by Monday I'll try to check in in the morning and then be out for a bit. I should be fine after that.

Guess I should mention that I'm out of town this coming Thurs & Friday, but should be able to pop in via my phone to at least put in a vote.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #46
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'll play.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #47
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll keep pimping this one, would like to get to at least 15.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
Schmidty
Coordinator

I was taking a break, but if you need somebody to fill this up, I'll play.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #49
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would not be able to participate during the first three days, so I think it would be kind of useless to sign up. But I can be an alternate, in the event that someone else has late availability issues and needs a fill-in.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #50
Danny
Head Coach

I will let you alternate for me in the event that I am about to die.