Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #751
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
An internet-based game of co-operation played by 22 independent-minded people with conflciting schedules. I can't imagine anything can go wrong.

Me either!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #752
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I was going to suggest this. If your physical skills are lacking, would we be better off using you to work on the communicator?

If we think engineering will be vital to it, I'd say yes.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #753
Grover
Pro Starter

Also, I believe Golden Eagle said he was a computer programmer. He could be the right guy for fixing the communications system.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #754
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Gathering supplies seems like it would be a mundane task that wouldn't require any specific skill strength. I could be wrong, but that is my initial interpretation of the task.

As for completing the biodome, I am still thinking engineering is for planning a project and physical would be used to do the actual construction. I'll admit I may be wrong with how EF is intending the skills to be utilized, but unless we get a clarification I'm really unsure how we should proceed.

Medical seems pretty straight-forward. Put people that can actually help our wounded fella in place to do that job.

As for the subsequent project or supply run. I am currently impartial to this area, however, if we choose to start another project this might be where our engineers are needed (see above, I could be wrong here). What exactly are we collecting for supplies anyhow? Martian rocks? Or was it implied that we are gathering supplies from the landing craft and bringing them to the biodome?

The last I think, including any supplies nearby from the first mission?
Old 02-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #755
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The last I think, including any supplies nearby from the first mission?

Sending folks out to the previous wreckage site seems careless at this point. Lets get the Biodome finished and start a subsequent project. We don't know that our communication system was disabled intentionally, it could have been damaged during the rough landing. We may have reason to believe otherwise, but no proof at this point.

As much as I would agree that a government building would be nice, at this point there really isn't a reason to prioritize that over science or medical.

Of course, I have been approaching this game from the viewpoint of my character while I notice some people are already planning for when everything goes wrong. I'm not sure which way we are expected to participate, at this point in the mission we wouldn't have any reason to suspect any immediate dangers outside of those related to surviving on Mars.

If we take the "game-knowledge" approach then we should probably look at the science facility or medical center second.

If we take the "we know how this goes" approach, then the government facility becomes a priority in my mind.

Someone may want to correct me on how to approach this game so I don't cause confusion.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #756
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
EagleFan, do we have any idea what benefits a Biodome will provide us, in general?

Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
The extra doctor vote looks like it was a mistake as the two next to the no votes was there before the end of day tally. (post #619). The leadership mismatch appeared in the end of the day tally and not before so it could be relevant.

EagleFan - are the end of day tallies in #639 accurate.

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You're right, top priority.

EF, can you confirm what our voting options are today? Is this a choice between a. Gathering supplies or b. Working on a new building or c. Fixing the communicator? If fixing the communicator is a separate project, is there a limit to how many people can be assigned to this task?

As font mentioned. She can decide who will work on biodome and Schmidty. If not, the group needs to decide.

What definitely needs a vote is what to work on next and if you will collect supplies or focus on next build (automatically giving you what you vote to build today but at the cost of food for two days).

Will be online later. Been a rough night, having a couple issues at home with a sick daughter and an issue myself.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #757
Raven
College Prospect

I can also help with Physical tasks. I'm not in football shape, like Coach over there...but as a farmer, I am pretty active and certainly stronger than most of you. I don't get to the gym, but I spent a lot of time chopping wood, lugging around heavy equipment and reaping what I sow.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #758
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hope everyone feels better quickly EF!

I've had some clarification from mod about my security station question, so I will:

vote government facilities

I definitely think research/med center are important, but we may be needing a way to protect/investigate sooner rather than later.

Off for a bit.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #759
timmae
College Starter

Fontisian (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BAD), ENGINEERING (BAD) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - retired politician with history of public service
CrimsonfoxPHYSICAL (GOOD?) automechanic
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
NarcizoSOCIAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharnK20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD)
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GOOD?) computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
AutumnMEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum (PRIMARY DOCTOR)MEDICAL (GREAT) worked in ER
ntndeaconMEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (SHERRIFF)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD)retired Army general. primary concerns safety
shoveler - Private investigator
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
JackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldanaENGINEERING (GOOD) city planner
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD), SOCIAL (BAD)
Schmidty
Old 02-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #760
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As font mentioned. She can decide who will work on biodome and Schmidty. If not, the group needs to decide.

What definitely needs a vote is what to work on next and if you will collect supplies or focus on next build (automatically giving you what you vote to build today but at the cost of food for two days).

Can you please explain how the option to fix the communication fits in with this?

A.Is this something we can assign any people we want to it or is there a limit?
B. Does assigning people to fixing the communicator prevent us from doing some other task (like we can't make a new building and fix the communicator, or will it make us less efficient at a task? Or do we not know?)

Thanks, sorry for not being clear before and hope you and your daughter feel well soon.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #761
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

timmae, thanks for your work on the big list. When you get a chance, you can add I am lousy at everything besides social and physical. We would be at a big disadvantage assigning me to a task in any of the other categories.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #762
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We know power and food are the two most important things. We don't know the odds of not having enough food for today and tomorrow, but its a possibility of we work on a building. We have a good chance at finishing the biodome which would probably help us handle food going forward without needing to waste time scrounging around for it. We also don't know what happens if we have food shortages, maybe some health is lost, people starve, lower efficiency at tasks? So do we take that risk for the benefit of a new building a day earlier, and additional sabotage, of people or the biodome or something that hasn't yet come up? Going for food seems like a low risk strategy, but lower reward and possibly is unnecessary and wasteful if it turns out we don't need to do it. Making a building would give our saboteur a new thing to worry about and provide some potentially nice benefits, but we run the risk of losing personnel by doing it, or weakening us for future days.

Based on Thomkal's statement from above, I'm tempted to go government because it will potentially give us options for defending ourselves and offensively gathering intel. Without those options, we may not be able to defend our structures of primary importance.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #763
Autumn
Head Coach

vote focus on next build
vote build medical facility
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #764
Autumn
Head Coach

there's a chance that not collecting supplies will hurt us, but if we have a medical facility established that is less of a problem. This seems two birds with one stone.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #765
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
there's a chance that not collecting supplies will hurt us, but if we have a medical facility established that is less of a problem. This seems two birds with one stone.

Except you can't bandage up starvation. Also, we won't be able to use the medical facility if we don't have power. I think weneed to be able to protect our key infrastructure before we do anything else.

Vote Government

If someone has a chance, can you please put together an unofficial vote tally?
Old 02-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #766
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

There are so many things that affect health... lack of food, disease, air quality (in enclosed spaces), attack, who knows what else. When we start having medical probalems and losing people we won't have manpower or time to build a medical facility. What are the things people need in crisis? Food. Shelter. Medical care. Government/Police. Probably in that order.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #767
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Hope this thing doesnt turn into a giant cf quickly...

what's wrong with a giant cf? I that that'd be SWELL!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #768
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Sharkn you will need to bold your vote if you want it to be official

Thanks.

Vote: Scientific Research Centre
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #769
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote Scientific Sartre
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #770
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote scientific sartre
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #771
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

I am going to put my name in one list, seems that nobody counts on me cause I am new but... I will try anyway

Science
timmae – SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
SharnK20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
Raven – SCIENTIFIC (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
Narcizo – SOCIAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility

Doctor
Autumn – MEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum – MEDICAL (GREAT) worked in ER (is a doctor or a nurse? never said which)
ntndeacon – MEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor

Sheriff
bitrock – PHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal - retired Army general. primary concerns safety-both a physical sense-a sheriff chosen and patroling the immediate area. for democracy.
shoveler - Private investigator (objective - identify stowaway)
JAG – PHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training

Engineer
Jackal – ENGINEERING (GOOD?) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover – ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldana – ENGINEERING (GOOD) city planner
GoldenEagle – SCIENTIFIC (GOOD?) computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes

Leader
DanGarion – SOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (OK) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic (ambigous history)
fontisian – SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
Zinto - CEO
Crimsonfox – PHYSICAL (GOOD?) automechanic. enjoys moonbuggies and likes to change his vote frequently

Unknown
Schmidty
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEIDCAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD), SOCIAL (BAD)
Old 02-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #772
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

vote focus on next building
Old 02-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #773
Grover
Pro Starter

VOTE: Focus on Next Building

Old 02-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #774
timmae
College Starter

Updated the most recent list with Shark's info...

Fontisian (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BAD), ENGINEERING (BAD) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
NarcizoSOCIAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD)ENGINEERING (BAD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GOOD?) computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (SHERRIFF)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD)retired Army general. primary concerns safety
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
JackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BAD), SOCIAL (BAD)
Schmidty
Old 02-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #775
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Also, I believe Golden Eagle said he was a computer programmer. He could be the right guy for fixing the communications system.

I suppose I could work on it. If anyone can fix it around here, it is probably me.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #776
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Updated the most recent list with Shark's info...

Zinto - CEO
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD)ENGINEERING (BAD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
Schmidty

My engineering is not bad, is below average
Old 02-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #777
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I suppose I could work on it. If anyone can fix it around here, it is probably me.

I can help as well
Old 02-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #778
Grover
Pro Starter

timmae, you can update and say that my physical is average.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #779
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

How are we defining these ranges we're putting up. Or what designations are we using, and I will just figure it out from a range breakdown I'll put together off screen.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #780
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Except you can't bandage up starvation. Also, we won't be able to use the medical facility if we don't have power. I think weneed to be able to protect our key infrastructure before we do anything else.

Vote Government

If someone has a chance, can you please put together an unofficial vote tally?

Debatable at this point, I would guess that starvation lowers health and medics raise it, but we don't know.

So your thinking is that government will allow us a security force of some kind?
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #781
saldana
Pro Starter

for whoever is updating this table, here is how i would portray myself

saldanaENGINEERING (GREAT),SOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (OK), MEDICAL (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD)city planner
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #782
timmae
College Starter

Thanks fellas... I'll use "below average" in lieu of "bad" for all. I can also update info for those that do not have anything listed as well. I apologize if I missed a post here or there. That list is:

Zinto
Suicane
Schmidty

It can be descriptive attributes that I can then assume certain classification on if you like. EF has put the kibosh on this list so I assume what we've done thus far is within the rules of the game.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #783
DanGarion
Coordinator

Yeah, my Medical and Engineering are below average, my only BAD/Awful is Science!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #784
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

social is my highest, science is my lowest. others in between
Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #785
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
How are we defining these ranges we're putting up. Or what designations are we using, and I will just figure it out from a range breakdown I'll put together off screen.

For sake of what I know thus far...

Great 8-10+
Good 5-7
Bad (now to be Below Average)2-4
Awful 0-2

I can tweak or add to this as possible. Also if someone else obtains pleasure form this sort of task I am fine with having others take ownership. Either way is cool with me.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #786
timmae
College Starter

shoot... Bad could be 3-4. I can include an ok for 5 but that seems redundant. We really just need to know who's great and who's awful.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #787
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Great 8-10+
Good 5-7
Awful 0-2

I can tweak or add to this as possible. Also if someone else obtains pleasure form this sort of task I am fine with having others take ownership. Either way is cool with me.

i was told we may not reveal our numbers and doing this crosses that line I think. So we shouldn't do this.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #788
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Changed my stuff

Zinto - CEO
NarcizoSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (OK), MEDICAL (OK) PHYSICAL (BAD) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (BAD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
Schmidty
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #789
timmae
College Starter

Methinks this is starting to border on sharing information we are meant to keep secret. EF, what says thou?
Old 02-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #790
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This isn't Nam. There are rules, Smokey.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #791
timmae
College Starter

Dude...
Old 02-18-2015, 01:28 PM   #792
Grover
Pro Starter

What's a pederast, Walter?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #793
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you please explain how the option to fix the communication fits in with this?

A.Is this something we can assign any people we want to it or is there a limit?
B. Does assigning people to fixing the communicator prevent us from doing some other task (like we can't make a new building and fix the communicator, or will it make us less efficient at a task? Or do we not know?)

Thanks, sorry for not being clear before and hope you and your daughter feel well soon.

That would be your project for the day. Instead of building a facility or government you would fix the communication.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #794
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Methinks this is starting to border on sharing information we are meant to keep secret. EF, what says thou?

No numbers being shared so that is a plus. It may be counter-productive to share some of this information to others though... When someone knows your weakness, they may have an advantage on you...

Unless you think everyone can be trusted....

Cue evil laughter...
Old 02-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #795
DanGarion
Coordinator

Of course we don't know who is telling the truth and who is lying...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #796
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:

Great 8-10+
Good 5-7
Awful 0-2

I think this is pushing the boundaries of the rules a bit. While saying great/good/bad/awful is probably fine, I'm not sure we should be publicly assigning a numeric value to each.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #797
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Great 8-10+
Good 5-7
Awful 0-2

I would advise against going down this path. Strongly. Not only for rules but for game balance and role playing. Some of these roles think they are better than they really are... ego is a b*tch...
Old 02-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #798
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

For the record, I was reading backwards in the thread so my first response was before I saw the chart that I quoted on my second response.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #799
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So how valuable is fixing the communication with back home? That's a bit of a wild card, though we're told it's important.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #800
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hope everyone feels better quickly EF!

I've had some clarification from mod about my security station question, so I will:

vote government facilities

I definitely think research/med center are important, but we may be needing a way to protect/investigate sooner rather than later.

Off for a bit.

Autumn, this is the post from Thomkal where he suggests some possibilities we may have with a govt center.