Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #2801
fontisian
College Prospect

Vote: Saldana
Not voting with Raven.

Explore flatland
This seems like the safer option. I'd advise other people to join me.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #2802
timmae
College Starter

I personally do not understand the explore heat source option when we have no offense. I hope one of you guys has the gun... unfortunately it may not help you against what you find out there.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #2803
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of Post 2802:

saldana 7 - timmae (2717), britrock88 (2746), Grover (2771), Shoveler (2775), DanGarion (2788), Thomkal (2798), fontisian (2801)
DanGarion 4 - Suicane75 (2773), The Jackal (2774), ntndeacon (2777), Raven (2790)
Sharkn20 3 - CrimsonFox (2698), GoldenEagle (2760), Zinto (2780)
The Jackal 1 - Narcizo (2628)
Shoveler 1 - Autumn (2655)
CrimsonFox 1 - Sharkn20 (2699)

Explore heat source - saldana (2708), CrimsonFox (2711), Suicane (2715), ntndeacon (2779), DanGarion (2788)
Explore flatland - Grover (2713), timmae (2719), Zinto (2782), fontisian (2801)

Staying at base
britrock88
Autumn - healing britrock88
The Jackal
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #2804
saldana
Pro Starter

Whatever...I'm not going to self save and there is nothing to say to defend myself since there has yet to be a logical reason given for voting me.

I'm UTR...that's fine..my play style has been the same for years. ..ssit back and watch and listen and analyze...yyour loss if you kill me today and don't get the benefit of any of that..it's funny how many people have made drive by votes, including thomkal. ..I am interested in why timmae not trusting me means something...why does anyone trust timmae?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #2805
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Vote: Saldana
Not voting with Raven.

Explore flatland
This seems like the safer option. I'd advise other people to join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Not GE, but...

Maybe he was more interested in simply avoiding the lynch than in targeting someone else for it. Thomkal had already come out in your support, and we'd gotten the manifest info we wanted out of you. There could have been AFK considerations in play there.

But you'll vote with bitrock who essentially had the same line of thought that I did. ::shrug:: I don't care what you do. I've explained myself and you can choose to believe me or not.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #2806
timmae
College Starter

Saldana... the trouble is we don't have great alternatives at this point. We are splitting hairs when trying to decide who to vote against as there isn't much to go on. Especially with possible game shifts and changes.

Having said that, your votes just don't seem to add up. I can't place you squarely in the colonists side of things. Your activity to date hasn't shown a true goal of helping the colony. You made a fairly strong play early on but then had some questionable decisions. It just doesn't add up in my eyes. The last few days would have been greta opportunities to present hypothesis' but not much has come of it. I could be wrong, probably am figuring the odds, but unfortunately that's what it is.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #2807
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Whatever...I'm not going to self save and there is nothing to say to defend myself since there has yet to be a logical reason given for voting me.

I'm UTR...that's fine..my play style has been the same for years. ..ssit back and watch and listen and analyze...yyour loss if you kill me today and don't get the benefit of any of that..it's funny how many people have made drive by votes, including thomkal. ..I am interested in why timmae not trusting me means something...why does anyone trust timmae?

Hey Saldana,

did you vote for me to become leader, have you said anything positive to me since I became leader? why are you not trying to convince me you are good. I too am often UTR like you when I used to play. Its a playstyle with consequences because there's little to go on when it comes to trusting such people. Fight to stay alive don't complain otherwise. Give me helpful info that will prove you are good and want to work with the government-that you believe the govt is the only way we will survive this.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #2808
Raven
College Prospect

If something's here, I want to be in the know.

i will explore heat source
Old 02-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #2809
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Saldana... the trouble is we don't have great alternatives at this point. We are splitting hairs when trying to decide who to vote against as there isn't much to go on. Especially with possible game shifts and changes.

Having said that, your votes just don't seem to add up. I can't place you squarely in the colonists side of things. Your activity to date hasn't shown a true goal of helping the colony. You made a fairly strong play early on but then had some questionable decisions. It just doesn't add up in my eyes. The last few days would have been greta opportunities to present hypothesis' but not much has come of it. I could be wrong, probably am figuring the odds, but unfortunately that's what it is.

iI was the first person to volunteer to build the biodome, and the defensive systems, and finish the medical center.. i guess those things weren't helpful...ccome at me with something better than that!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #2810
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

seriously, sal sounds as good as he ever did. I've never played a game with him where he wasn't grumbling about everything including the rules.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #2811
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Hey Saldana,

did you vote for me to become leader, have you said anything positive to me since I became leader? why are you not trying to convince me you are good. I too am often UTR like you when I used to play. Its a playstyle with consequences because there's little to go on when it comes to trusting such people. Fight to stay alive don't complain otherwise. Give me helpful info that will prove you are good and want to work with the government-that you believe the govt is the only way we will survive this.

Since when did kissing up to you become a prerequisite for being part of the game...yyou are the leader, not a god...nnothing says I have to be nice to you
Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #2812
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
iI was the first person to volunteer to build the biodome, and the defensive systems, and finish the medical center.. i guess those things weren't helpful...ccome at me with something better than that!

Who are you voting and why? Provide some justification and we'll listen. The floor is yours.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #2813
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

who do you think is evil and why-do you have any evidence on another colonist you can share?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #2814
saldana
Pro Starter

I am voting dangarion again (which is where I started yesterday...I gave my reasons then...I will try to go back and find them)
Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #2815
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Since when did kissing up to you become a prerequisite for being part of the game...yyou are the leader, not a god...nnothing says I have to be nice to you

who said anything about kissing up? If you are good and think I am now is the time we should all be uniting-they killed two of the goods yesterday
Old 02-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #2816
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
so a couple things from my perspective.

one person fits the following profile, and such will be getting my vote:

has been (in my opinion) deceptive and evasive, bordering on the point of hostility

has been extremely self serving and made his decisions based on what are likely personal goals, instead of the greater good

has now pulled what has NEVER been a good play (although he, and many others for that matter, might not know it) by going with the self vote...the self vote is a timeless strategy that, without having any statistics to back it up handy, invariably is used by wolves that are hoping people will back away, thinking that a wolf would never sacrifice themself, OR they may be a brutal so they want to kill a high value villager.

either way...i know many old timers have shared in the opinion that as soon as you vote for yourself, you can have mine too...in this case, i would have done it anyway for reasons one and two above

here was my post yesterday for why I am on Dan
Old 02-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #2817
britrock88
Pro Starter

He's being feisty. I like it!

unvote saldana
vote dangarion
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:57 PM   #2818
Grover
Pro Starter

Sold.

unvote Saldana
vote DanGarion

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #2819
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
who said anything about kissing up? If you are good and think I am now is the time we should all be uniting-they killed two of the goods yesterday

I honestly don't know if you are good or not...I think you have made choices in your interests and that you want personal goals that may or may not align with the colony...tthat said, if I thought you were a wolf, I would have come after you today
Old 02-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #2820
britrock88
Pro Starter

For science!

unvote dangarion
vote saldana
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:05 PM   #2822
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Final Vote

saldana 6 - timmae (2717), britrock88 (2820), Shoveler (2775), DanGarion (2788), Thomkal (2798), fontisian (2801)
DanGarion 5 - Suicane75 (2773), The Jackal (2774), ntndeacon (2777), Raven (2790), Grover (2818)
Sharkn20 3 - CrimsonFox (2698), GoldenEagle (2760), Zinto (2780)
The Jackal 1 - Narcizo (2628)
Shoveler 1 - Autumn (2655)
CrimsonFox 1 - Sharkn20 (2699)

Explore heat source - saldana (2708), CrimsonFox (2711), Suicane (2715), ntndeacon (2779), DanGarion (2788), Raven (2808)
Explore flatland - Grover (2713), timmae (2719), Zinto (2782), fontisian (2801)

Staying at base
britrock88
Autumn - healing britrock88
The Jackal
Old 02-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #2823
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day 8 Results

You have decided that saldana is an undesirable member of the colony. You lead him to the front of the room, to Thomkal. Your leader looks at saldana and declares that he has committed crimes against your colony and they will not be allowed to continue.

He calls to his police force. Take him to the oven.

"Ja Wohl"

He is thrown into the oven and soon is no more.

What have you discovered about saldana? He was a city planner that was forced to resigned in a "pay to play" scandal. He was not an enemy of the colony and has only had the best interest of the colony at heart.

-----------------------

Grover, timmae, Zinto and fontisian have explored the flatlands. They all returned without an injury and they have discovered enough resources to upgrade the biodome.

------------

Suicane75 has been beaten and is unable to explore today.

------------------

CrimsonFox, ntndeacon, DanGarion and Raven have gone to explore the heat signature. They have not yet returned from their journey...

-------------------

Please, no game posting until day 9 has begun. Still several things to process and the night results to post.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:39 PM   #2824
DanGarion
Coordinator

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:43 PM   #2825
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Early Evening Results

CrimsonFox, ntndeacon, DanGarion and Raven have returned from the area of the heat source. They all look rather worn and battered from the journey. They can explain what they found for this first trip.

--------------------------

britrock88 has been healed thanks to the treatment today and is back at full health.

-------------------------

fontisian has been named to the Police Force by Thomkal.

---------------------------

Another accident has been triggered. This one had devastating effects on the colony. Thomkal and fontisian have been caught in the accident. Both have been badly injured. Neither will be able to participate in an action on Day 9 but may vote.

--------------------

The police force has shown up, grabbed GoldenEagle and thrown him in prison. He may not participate in an action on day 9.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #2826
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Night 8 Results

Another pool of blood and another victim has been found. Autumn has been killed. Next to the body is a note, "Viva La Reistance". Your troubles continue. Autumn was the Chief of Staff at Boston General and was forced to resign due to major scandal. He was a loyal colonist.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #2827
DanGarion
Coordinator

For those of you playing at the dome.

We discovered something that we are unable to explain. A source of great knowledge and power.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #2828
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day 9 Objectives

- Lynch vote

- Action (upgrade biodome, explore flatlands, explore unknown landing site, explore heat source, try to enter the original pod to get to the communicator, try to heal a player)

Details on the Action Vote
- At least 3 resources are needed for the upgrade
- All votes for action are taken as an action for that player, this is not an overall vote where the highest vote getting wins
- PM me if you actually don't intend on doing the action that you vote on, in that case you will stay at the base in the diodome

Thomkal
- Appoint another member to the medical staff

Day 9 has begun

Deadline is 10 PM EST Monday.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-28-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #2829
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
For those of you playing at the dome.

We discovered something that we are unable to explain. A source of great knowledge and power.

The sausage king of Chicago... Hot Doug?
Old 02-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #2830
DanGarion
Coordinator

(OOC) I just wanted to throw this out there for everyone to know. I have two open houses at my house this weekend, and I have a work trip on Monday-Weds. I will do as much as I can this weekend and I will probably do tentative votes over the weekend on my feelings. This means that I may make some late changes to my votes on Monday night as long as I get into OKC in time and settled into my hotel room. But I will not be very active for much of the day on any of those days...
Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #2831
timmae
College Starter

Well, that sucked. I need to reset and do some digging. I am out all day tomorrow but will be on late. Interesting day on Mars..
Old 02-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #2832
DanGarion
Coordinator

I can tell you one thing I don't want to be part of the medical staff it appears that basically puts one foot in the grave...
Old 02-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #2833
DanGarion
Coordinator

Also although I'm not feeling well I can safely say your efforts would be wasted on trying to provide me any medical attention. I feel our attention should be solely on survival at this point but I'm interested in the unknown landing site.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #2834
timmae
College Starter

Not the heat source again?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:09 PM   #2835
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Not the heat source again?

Considering the way I feel I don't think it would personally be worth it for me. Those that haven't gone can go but you might not feel as you have as much constitution after your trip...
Old 02-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #2836
saldana
Pro Starter

Good luck all...thanks for the game EF!!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #2837
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry saldana
Old 02-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #2838
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I added another choice for actions for the colony that I forgot to add when I posted. You may also choose to enter the original pod to try to get to the communicator.

I actually need to tweak how that is worded for the options. Will do so tomorrow morning. Exhausted at this point.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #2839
Raven
College Prospect

OK I am about to make some claims that will likely put my life at risk, but I am doing so for the benefit of the colony. All of these claims are based upon information that can be proven from public posts, and the events that have transpired since we landed. I will attempt to provide as much proof as possible.

Despite my recent differences with fontisian, she was a good leader.
With her in charge, we built up our colony and made progress. We formed a government building, a biodome and a medical center. (Am I missing anything?) With font in charge, we also did not have to kill off our own colonists. We were moving as a cohesive group to further the colony, and under a democratic society. We lost Schmidty and Danny early on, but then went days without losing anyone.

Since Thomkal has been in charge, we have had NO buildings created. we have been ruled by an iron fist and faced 2 votes. In the first, where GE duked, Thomkal was the judge. He also refused to allow fontisian to stand trial. Thomkal also imprisoned Zinto for speaking out against him.
In the second vote, some of you voted to kill saldana, who ended up being a good guy.

I want to focus on one of the things that Zinto said to get imprisoned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
First Thom came for the Fox and I did not speat out. Then Thom came for Zinto and I did not speak out. Then Thom came for the Capitalists and I did not speak out. And then Thom came for me.

Later he explained the reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

The first line from wikipedia:
“First they came …” is a famous statement and provocative poem attributed to pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the cowardice of German intellectuals following the Nazis' rise to power and the subsequent purging of their chosen targets, group after group. Variations and adaptations in the spirit of the original have been published in the English language."

And the original poem...
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Next there was this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Night 7 Results
Chief Rum has been found murdered in cold blood. Next to his body lies a note "Viva La Resistance". Chief Rum was an ER nurse who had lost everything to tragedy and volunteered for this mission to get away from it all, ultimately that was achieved.

The note read: "Viva Le Resistance"
French Resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first sentence from wiki
"The French Resistance (French: La Résistance française) is the name used to denote the collection of French resistance movements that fought against the Nazi German occupation of France and against the collaborationist Vichy régime during World War II."

I looked into these 2 wiki pages this morning, after the death of Chief, and I found a loose correlation - both were against the Nazi's.

The writer of the poem was a German Martin Niemöller that opposed the Nazis. Viva Le Reistance is a french phrase used by French resistants to the Nazi rule. Because of the two nationality differences, I let this go and did no pursue it any further. I thought it was simply a loose correlation.
But then...

Quote:
Day 8 Results

You have decided that saldana is an undesirable member of the colony. You lead him to the front of the room, to Thomkal. Your leader looks at saldana and declares that he has committed crimes against your colony and they will not be allowed to continue.

He calls to his police force. Take him to the oven.

"Ja Wohl"

"Ja Wohl" Let me google that...
jawohl - Wiktionary

Ja Wohl is a essentially a German phrase meaning "Yes Sir!", often used in a military context.

This is no longer a coincidence. We know Thomkal is a retired Army General. I am under the belief that Thomkal is a retired NAZI Army General.
We now have 3 German/Nazi references, and have made no progress as a colony since Thomkal has become our leader.

I am not accusing Thomkal of any of the murders, as I have no facts to support that claim. However, I do believe that Thomkal is a former Nazi General, and it is likely that he is NOT the best person to be our leader.

I do not know why Chief Rum was injured, and I am not sure why the "French Resistance" note was left on him. It does not appear he had anything to do with the Nazis, so this piece does not add up to me.

I also know that the Nazis were defeated around 70 years ago (1945ish), and that would mean THomkal would have to be 90+ years old, which doesn't quite add up. But the rest of the proof seems to be there.

Also Thomkal is now injured, so if we wish to remove him from Leadership NOW would be the optimal time to do so.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 PM   #2840
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Night 8 Results

Another pool of blood and another victim has been found. Autumn has been killed. Next to the body is a note, "Viva La Reistance". Your troubles continue. Autumn was the Chief of Staff at Boston General and was forced to resign due to major scandal. He was a loyal colonist.

Also, forgot to quote this one. Another Viva La Resistance note.

First Chief, now Autumn. Someone is targeting our medical staff, but I do not yet know why.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #2841
Suicane75
Coordinator

Who the hell used me as a punching bag?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:42 PM   #2842
Suicane75
Coordinator

Vote: Britrock

This is probably a rash decision, and I'm opening to changing it, but right now I'm pretty peeved.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #2843
DanGarion
Coordinator

I wanted to point out something similar like your point about just because someone is a retired general doesn't mean he's a good guy but no one seem like they wanted to believe me with some of my other claims so I stopped making comments like that.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:45 PM   #2844
Suicane75
Coordinator

Can you guys who went to the heat source tell us more about what you found?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:48 PM   #2845
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Who the hell used me as a punching bag?

Hopefully we can come to terms with one another and start figuring this all out for the colony. I'm willing to let the past couple days be forgotten so can move on.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:49 PM   #2846
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you guys who went to the heat source tell us more about what you found?

Unless someone else going out something different individually that is all we found.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #2847
Suicane75
Coordinator

Just a heat source? No explanation of what it was, no benefit or detriment to it? So it was just a wasted trip?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:25 AM   #2848
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Just a heat source? No explanation of what it was, no benefit or detriment to it? So it was just a wasted trip?

I felt as if I received a benefit to a skill. But again I'm not feeling good after the trip.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 AM   #2849
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

God... who has more medical skills?? I would like to search around. I don't want to be in the base anymore!

Is more risky stay behind our D# than going to explore...

Timmae can you make the typical list with who was in every place??
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:53 AM   #2850
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Updated the post for day 9 actions to include the details of how the action vote will work.