Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #751
Shiggles
Mascot

*starts whistling again* grabs his mining gear and sits in the corner waiting for a lead officer. So i'll just zone out here until we leave eh?............. *eyes glaze over* ;-)
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #752
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol...yes, that was me. So I guess we both had the same bright idea.

And interesting that you were aware of me, but I was not told you were there.

Well, maybe...did you spy? I was protecting him. That might be why I didn't notice.

I'll back dubb up, too, saldana was snug like a bug in in his bunk.

I choose to spy and I will tell you why.

I believe the order to protect could have led to some bad outcomes. These include:

-my death
-me becoming a spawn
-both saldana's death and my own
-both of us becoming infected

Choosing to spy is kind of a lower risk option IMO. If Sal was the target I get to ID two spawns and/or see who killed him.

Also it has the upside if Saldana was NOT the target of the attack but actually a spawn making an attack I would get to see that too.

I did not trust Saldana enough last night to "protect" him.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #753
Autumn
Head Coach

So, since the day's work is largely figured out, we should probably turn our minds to a vote. This rule set obviously makes it doubly difficult to decide to off someone, but as has been noted, we also need the vote history to work from.

If we continue not voting anyone, we gain the advantage of more workers, and so a sooner liftoff, which means reaching the point where they cannot create new Spawn sooner. I like the sound of that.

However, by not executing we're giving the spawn that exist free rein to hide, and increase in number, putting us in a tough position once we lift off. We do have the ability of the doctor and security to oppose them even if we're not lynching them, and if we're able to keep our doctor safe that could be a more powerful tool than just offing ourselves randomly.

Obviously if we vote, we're going to be influenced the person's role. Roles that can be easily replaced, or done away with, are more likely to get voted out. Without evidence i don't think we're going to garner much support for voting out important public roles. So I'm not sure how useful a vote will be, as we'll essentially be picking from a smaller subset of less essential roles.

I know there is the counter argument as well, that we need to establish voting history. But I am tending toward the opinion that voting might wait for a bit longer.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #754
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I choose to spy and I will tell you why.

I believe the order to protect could have led to some bad outcomes. These include:

-my death
-me becoming a spawn
-both saldana's death and my own
-both of us becoming infected

Choosing to spy is kind of a lower risk option IMO. If Sal was the target I get to ID two spawns and/or see who killed him.

Also it has the upside if Saldana was NOT the target of the attack but actually a spawn making an attack I would get to see that too.

I did not trust Saldana enough last night to "protect" him.

Yeah, I get all that, and I went through the same thought process. In the end, I decided that BK's game has too much information for him to just give me "no one attacks saldana" or "you spend a quiet night guarding saldana". I figured I would know if saldana was sleeping in his bed, on top of if he were attacked. I felt that I would be able to ID the attacker whether I protected or I spied.

I decided that, while I also didn't yet trust saldana, odds are he's clean or clean at this point, and I would rather protect the most seer like role we have than to sit there watching while he was killed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #755
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I think we need to vote today. Roles or not, everyone can be a spawn at this point (except probably JAG )
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #756
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So, since the day's work is largely figured out, we should probably turn our minds to a vote. This rule set obviously makes it doubly difficult to decide to off someone, but as has been noted, we also need the vote history to work from.

If we continue not voting anyone, we gain the advantage of more workers, and so a sooner liftoff, which means reaching the point where they cannot create new Spawn sooner. I like the sound of that.

However, by not executing we're giving the spawn that exist free rein to hide, and increase in number, putting us in a tough position once we lift off. We do have the ability of the doctor and security to oppose them even if we're not lynching them, and if we're able to keep our doctor safe that could be a more powerful tool than just offing ourselves randomly.

Obviously if we vote, we're going to be influenced the person's role. Roles that can be easily replaced, or done away with, are more likely to get voted out. Without evidence i don't think we're going to garner much support for voting out important public roles. So I'm not sure how useful a vote will be, as we'll essentially be picking from a smaller subset of less essential roles.

I know there is the counter argument as well, that we need to establish voting history. But I am tending toward the opinion that voting might wait for a bit longer.

I understand your argument, but I came into today of the mindset we absolutely need to start voting, even if it's for someone with a lesser role only. We simply need to start building a vote history. It might be meaningless now, but we know how important it could be down the line.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #757
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
No

Didn't think so. I really wish we had an empath
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #758
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Didn't think so. I really wish we had an empath

Was there an empath in past games? What kind of role was that?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #759
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In keeping with needing a vote, I decided to focus on our least useful roles and least contributing posters. That brought me to miners.

Abe is training to be a trainer. Julio is now the Galley Master.

That leaves Shiggles and mauboy1, and Shiggles has been a little more active. So I will throw out a vote on mauboy1, hopefully shaking him awake and into more activity.

VOTE MAUBOY1

Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #760
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, double check if you get a chance:

Orders for today:

1. Danny - probably distributing weapons
2. Autumn - leading Miner team of himself, Shingles, mauboy, Britrock, and 1 slave, also being supervised for conversion work on Warehouse 3.
3. JAG - Being supervised for conversion work on Warehouse 3, other TBD
4. hoopsguy - Supervising Autumn and JAG doing conversion work on Warehouse 3 and Supervising dubb and PF in Officer Office conversion.
5. Chief Rum - Manning Security HQ
6. Zinto - Leading away team for water gathering including himself, Schmidty, and 3 slaves.
7. Schmidty - no action needed
8. Simbo Klice - Doing conversion work on Warehouse 3
9. britrock - no action needed
10. Lonestargirl - Wait until mining team returns, then reassign Shiggles to medic
11. Packerfanatic - Being supervised for conversion work on Officer Offices
12. Chubby - Supervising 4 slaves for conversion work in Officer Offices
13. CrimsonFox - Supervising 6 slaves for conversion work in Officer Offices
14. Shiggles - no action needed
15. saldana - investigate someone (might want to wait a bit before submitting)
16. Julio - guard water (no other day action I think)
17. Darth Vilius - DV leads slave team of 6 on Warehouse 3 conversion work
18. mauboy - no action needed
19. Abe Sargent - trainer training
20. dubb93 - perform supervised conversion work in officer offices
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #761
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am going to see if I can at least get him to come out of the woodwork.

VOTE SIMBO KLICE
Old 06-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #762
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, I hope Schmidty and Simbo show up today (and anyone else who hasn't yet). It's good we can have JAG order them if need be, but it's a waste of actions.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #763
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Was there an empath in past games? What kind of role was that?

The empath is a secret role that lets a person determine the truth of another persons statement in a single post...we have had it in the past and used it to verify statements, but have argued avlot about what the statement should be.

Any suggestions on who to examine today, or should I just work my way down the rank list?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #764
britrock88
Pro Starter

I dig your logic, PF. At the same time, we had a very successful first away mission, and if today's missions follow suit, the scientists may not be terribly useful (beyond my training with Abe) going forward. That in mind, I'll pick on the other quiet guy, and

VOTE SCHMIDTY
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #765
Autumn
Head Coach

That looks correct, JAG.

Since it seems we have an extra worker in Julio, I think we should have him take your spot, JAG, in the conversion work, and leave you available to issue orders.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #766
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The empath is a secret role that lets a person determine the truth of another persons statement in a single post...we have had it in the past and used it to verify statements, but have argued avlot about what the statement should be.

Any suggestions on who to examine today, or should I just work my way down the rank list?

After I posted my question, I went looking for the answer and found the secret role section of the rules. I had read that before but completely forgot about it.

I can't tell--it suggests everyone has a secret role (and empathic is one of the possibilities). Or I should say it doesn't suggest that only a handful of people have secret roles.

I will be very curious to see how those impact gameplay.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #767
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think working your way down the rank list is as good a place to start as any right now.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #768
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

sal, if you're thinking of scanning Autumn, Zinto, Schmidty, etc..., you should wait until they come back from their missions where they have a chance to get infected. Also if a mission fails, there might be reason to suspect its because we had spawn on the mission, so I would hold off on your investigation for right now.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #769
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Also, if it were me, I would not scan Autumn today as I don't really suspect him of being spawn.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #770
Autumn
Head Coach

So to put it in another format we have:

Miner team
led by Autumn
Shiggles
Mauboy
Britrock
1 slave

Water Team
led by Zinto
Schmidty
3 slaves

Warehouse 3 conversion team
Hoopsguy supervising
Autumn working
Julio Riddols working

Simbo Klice working

Darth Vilus supervising
6 slaves

Officer Offices conversion team
Hoopsguy supervising
Dubb working
PackerFanatic working

CrimsonFox supervising
6 slaves
Chubby supervising
4 slaves

Security HQ
Chief Rum

Distributing Weapons
Danny

Trainer Training
Abe Sargent

Assigning workers
LoneStarGirl

Medical Exam
Saldana

Still Available
JAG - 3 AP
Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #771
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
sal, if you're thinking of scanning Autumn, Zinto, Schmidty, etc..., you should wait until they come back from their missions where they have a chance to get infected. Also if a mission fails, there might be reason to suspect its because we had spawn on the mission, so I would hold off on your investigation for right now.

I was thinking the same thing
Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #772
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I definitely think we should slowly clear all the people we're using on missions. However, if we're going to use the same people for a few days maybe it makes sense to examine them later rather than need to rescan them. I don't know how many days of away missions we're likely to have.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #773
Autumn
Head Coach

I will eat lunch, make sure there's no problems with our plan, and then issue my Away team order.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #774
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, I think for now we should leave Julio as a possibility to do conversion work but not have him submit an order yet. If enough people show up, I can do the conversion work and he can guard the water station, if not, he can do the conversion work.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #775
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Alright, just got in and caught up- sorry for missing out on the fun yesterday, I forgot this started. So I'm going to be working on Warehouse 3, then? Do I need to submit an order and if so, who should I bring with me?
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #776
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Holding off on the orders sirs, just gonna sit over here and play my XBOX 46080.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #777
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Let me know when you need me.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #778
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Also, Pot Roast for dinner tonight. We found a dead Kerglax just outside the barrier fence last night, and the scavengers hadn't gotten to it yet. Primo rump on that bad boy.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #779
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, I think for now we should leave Julio as a possibility to do conversion work but not have him submit an order yet. If enough people show up, I can do the conversion work and he can guard the water station, if not, he can do the conversion work.

I think he can only guard the station at night.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #780
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, great point. Timing matters here.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #781
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Alright, just got in and caught up- sorry for missing out on the fun yesterday, I forgot this started. So I'm going to be working on Warehouse 3, then? Do I need to submit an order and if so, who should I bring with me?

You just need to work on it, no supervising. So yes, submit an order to BK that you will be working on converting the warehouse.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #782
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Simbo Klice will work on Converting Warehouse 3.

I have to work 2-11 and I'll be getting ready to leave in about 15, so I'll probably be locked in to doing this unless an officer can override me. Once I get off work tonight I'm going to go back through and re-read everything (mostly the rules) so I can get a better grip of what's going on.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #783
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You just need to work on it, no supervising. So yes, submit an order to BK that you will be working on converting the warehouse.

Ah, PM it. Ok, will do.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #784
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Alright, gotta roll. Before I do though-

Vote Mauboy1.

I owe him one.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #785
Barkeep49
Coordinator

After having to be ordered around yesterday, Simbo takes some initiative today over towards Warehouse 3.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #786
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Votes Needed to lynch: 7

Count as of 784:

Mau 2 Chief (759) Simbo (784)
Simbo 1 PF (761)
Schmidty 1 brit (765)

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-19-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #787
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a reminder, I need two cycles of scientist love with me, and I had one yesterday and none last night. Is the plan that I get some tonight?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #788
Autumn
Head Coach

This is no time to worry about our love life Abe!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #789
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
As a reminder, I need two cycles of scientist love with me, and I had one yesterday and none last night. Is the plan that I get some tonight?

Don't you worry, you'll have company tonight.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #790
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure I want to vote to execute today, but it won't hurt to get some history down at least. I may very well retract my vote later though. I'm not sure it's worth it to off someone today. So far Simbo is the only one to ping my Spawnometer.

vote simbo klice
Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #791
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Abe decides to continue his studies for trainer. He seems to be particularly focused on ways that the training machine does math. Amongst his first discoveries is that, disappointingly, it has no calculator.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #792
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I wont be around today but i did put my action in

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #793
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Going to supervise on warhouse 3

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #794
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Good luck all!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #795
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The colony buzzes with some activity. DV and six slaves head over to convert Warehouse 3. Meanwhile, Autumn gathers his away team composed of himself Shiggles, Mauboy1, Britrock88 and a slave for a mining mission.

All of this is done under the now watchful eye of
Chief Rum in the Security HQ.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #796
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The first hint was the broad smiles across the faces of the returning members of the away team. The second hint was the way that the away team seemed to be pouring in the results of its mining expedition for what felt like forever. As word of these positive signs spread numerous members of the colony gathered to watch the processing machine do its business.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #797
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Looks like quite a haul there, guys.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #798
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Finally the machine spits out a total. Even despite the positive signs people can't believe it at first. The number is about as perfect as it could be. The mining team harvested 64 units of Crystlium. There's so much present that some water is thrown out to make room for it in the two available Cargo Holds.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #799
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well, that takes care of that, then.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #800
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

That leaves us with what.. 16 units of water plus the water processing plant.

FUCK EA