Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

OOTP 6.5 Weirdness

So I'm back to playing 6.5 because I just can't get into OOTP2006, and I've noticed some weird things going on in my solo career. I'm in my second season (started in 2005, it's now 2006). Problems I've noticed:

1- The All Star Game doesn't appear in the schedule. I'm assuming it gets played, since I can click on star players and it says they were selected to the All Star game, but it never shows up in the schedule.

2- I resigned one of my players to a three year contract in 2005. When the 2006 season began, his salary was back at $300,000. Another player I had resigned to a three year deal had a new one year contract worth $2,480,000 that he received through arbitration.

3- I noticed that my starting catcher received a career ending injury on May 29th. He's continued to play in my starting line up every day (it's now July 16th).

4- In the offseason, the San Diego Padres signed a 14-13 pitcher to a 21 million dollar a year contract. This was approximately 7 million dollars more than the next highest paid free agent.

Has anybody seen anything like this in their 6.5 career? I'm patched to 6.51, using Skydog's modifiers, and have turned scouts and coaches off.

Thanks for any help.

CamEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
So I'm back to playing 6.5 because I just can't get into OOTP2006, and I've noticed some weird things going on in my solo career. I'm in my second season (started in 2005, it's now 2006). Problems I've noticed:

1- The All Star Game doesn't appear in the schedule. I'm assuming it gets played, since I can click on star players and it says they were selected to the All Star game, but it never shows up in the schedule.

2- I resigned one of my players to a three year contract in 2005. When the 2006 season began, his salary was back at $300,000. Another player I had resigned to a three year deal had a new one year contract worth $2,480,000 that he received through arbitration.

3- I noticed that my starting catcher received a career ending injury on May 29th. He's continued to play in my starting line up every day (it's now July 16th).

4- In the offseason, the San Diego Padres signed a 14-13 pitcher to a 21 million dollar a year contract. This was approximately 7 million dollars more than the next highest paid free agent.

Has anybody seen anything like this in their 6.5 career? I'm patched to 6.51, using Skydog's modifiers, and have turned scouts and coaches off.

Thanks for any help.

We've definitely seen some odd occurences in the RWBL.

Some examples:
--minor league free agents, signed during the FA period, receiving a major league contract with a salary of $0.
--players signed to extensions appearing in the FA pool the next season (even though their histories show that they have signed).
--injuries that are not recorded in player histories, league news, or anywhere else.

For your problems, I haven't seen all of them. But have some experience with 1 and 4. I think you correct the All Star game problem before beginning your games next season, by going into the league edit and regenerating the schedule. I have had zero and multiple all star games before. Not sure what the explanation is for them appearing, but recreating the schedule seems to work and doesn't cause any problems as long as you have begun play. #4 is just a result of the AI free agent logic, where teams get way out of hand bidding against each other, and humans in particular.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Try restarting using Cubbyfan's rosters and leave the settings alone.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Try restarting using Cubbyfan's rosters and leave the settings alone.

do you have a link to his rosters? i cant seem to find where the latest rosters are? thanks.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

nevermind, I found it. Thanks MizzouRah. I'll give this a shot tonight.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
nevermind, I found it. Thanks MizzouRah. I'll give this a shot tonight.

I haven't changed a thing with his roster league.. just started with the Cardinals and I'm having a blast. Hope it works for you as well!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
We've definitely seen some odd occurences in the RWBL.

Some examples:
--minor league free agents, signed during the FA period, receiving a major league contract with a salary of $0.
--players signed to extensions appearing in the FA pool the next season (even though their histories show that they have signed).
--injuries that are not recorded in player histories, league news, or anywhere else.

For your problems, I haven't seen all of them. But have some experience with 1 and 4. I think you correct the All Star game problem before beginning your games next season, by going into the league edit and regenerating the schedule. I have had zero and multiple all star games before. Not sure what the explanation is for them appearing, but recreating the schedule seems to work and doesn't cause any problems as long as you have begun play. #4 is just a result of the AI free agent logic, where teams get way out of hand bidding against each other, and humans in particular.

Computer having a pitcher pinch run for the greatest hitter of all time in a one run game, and then going out and playing the outfield the next half inning.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote