Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: PureSim Or OOTP 2006
PureSim 16 13.91%
OOTP 2006 52 45.22%
Both 25 21.74%
None 22 19.13%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #101
King of New York
High School Varsity

I picked up PureSim on sale, and it is now my #1 sim for fantasy leagues--the playability level is high, and the PSPN reports are superb. I am not sold on using it for my historical replays, though, as I have had trouble getting accurate deadball stats. To wit: when you create a new league for, say, 1901, the program does not automatically assign the correct stadiums to each team--you have to go in and do it manually. That's not quite as easy as it sounds, though, because when you try to change stadiums, you pull up a list that does not seem to be organized in any manner, and that gives you no indication of which stadiums go with which teams in which years. So you go to the internet, find a list of stadiums--and discover that it does not match up with the list of stadiums available in the game. And if you do not get the stadiums right, your stats are way off--individual teams hit 400+ home runs in a season, when historically all the teams in the league combined for about 220 homeruns. I have not yet solved this problem to my satisfaction.

So OOTP 6.51 is still my sim for historical replays, and I am on the fence about jumping to OOTP 2K6. Having a built-in era calculator that adjusts your league totals, and having a robust built-in almanac, are big selling points--no more relying on brilliant but sometimes awkward programs like Catobase! But I have reservations as to whether I can fit a third SI-style game into my life. EHM and FM are great, but to get the rewards, you have to invest a lot of time into those games. Do I have room in my gaming life for a third such game?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #102
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I originally voted no to this poll, but picked up PureSim during the All Star break special. And don't regret it one second, I'm having a blast!