Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Winter League idea

I have no idea how to incorporate this, if we should or anything like that. But it came to me as an idea for my solo league and so I'm gonna bounce it off of all of you.

Say we had a winter league that ran after the FOOL season. But not every year, just once every few seasons we "go down to the winter league" to scout out talent. Or "go to Japan" and scout out talent or something like that.

It would be a 3-week season maybe. We'd simply be bystanders and it would run parallel to the FOOL off-season that particular week we decided to do it.

After the winter league is over, we'd create a preference list of 3-5 players (we'd pick a number) that we'd want to pick out of the league, that's submitted that week. Then the players are allocated based on W-L record (Worst teams get preference, but in a draft-type format) and we'd go about our business.

I dunno. I just feel like it might be a neat way to inject something different into the league as we go forward. Go ahead and marinate on that one for the next few seasons, it's a later-on idea. But along with a possible age-limit, a semi-empty cupboard situation or other innovations, I wanna make sure this doesn't get stale.

I also don't want it to get "intensive" or "time consuming" either. I'd like to find balance.

Thoughts?

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I want to get used to OOTP9 and this setup before I consider additional bits.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah, this was a far away idea. Mostly brainstorming more than anything. I realize that FOOL/OOTP9 is new to you all. But we can revisit this thread after you all get used to it.

It might just be something I'll need to do with a different kind of league setup, to be honest.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-23-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
muns
Pro Starter

Id be open to it, as it would seem to add some more flavor later on in the league.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Id be open to it, as it would seem to add some more flavor later on in the league.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote