Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What should the active roster size in FOOL?
25-man roster 9 69.23%
40-man roster 0 0%
33-man roster 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Active Roster Size

Just thinking about it and wanted to take another poll...

Yes, I said 33. Not 35, not 30. 33.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-24-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am cool with 33 or there about. 40 is too big to me. 25 would be fine if this were a normal league. I understand injuries are off, but a few more then 25 is something I would like.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

My vote is for 25.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

25. Why would we need more? More just allows a successful team with some money to stockpile talent, making it much more successful for a losing team to turn it around.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
25. Why would we need more? More just allows a successful team with some money to stockpile talent, making it much more successful for a losing team to turn it around.
Bingo. (And I'm saying that as a team that has a buttload of talent already.)
Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I voted for 25 as well, not as much because of the stockloading of talent issue though. I just like a 25 person roster as it forces you to make some tougher decisions.. What size pitching staff to go with? Do you go with 11, or add a 12th which might be useful in a long stretch of heavy scheduling or several extra innings games in a row.. or do you try to skimp by with 10 to add extra bats? How many extra infielders vs outfielders do you carry? Do you purposefully carry one guy that can play many positions well or a more talented guy that has a tougher time filling in at some of the positions you might need him at?

If you go to 33 (or even say 28) that makes most of those questions and decisions moot.

Speaking of which.. what era type setting do we have stats wise? Are we playing as if it was the 60s with smaller pitching rotations and such? or is the stats configured to be like 2008 baseball just set in a fictional 1960s? That probably influences some of my choices a bit.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I voted for 25 as well, not as much because of the stockloading of talent issue though. I just like a 25 person roster as it forces you to make some tougher decisions.. What size pitching staff to go with? Do you go with 11, or add a 12th which might be useful in a long stretch of heavy scheduling or several extra innings games in a row.. or do you try to skimp by with 10 to add extra bats? How many extra infielders vs outfielders do you carry? Do you purposefully carry one guy that can play many positions well or a more talented guy that has a tougher time filling in at some of the positions you might need him at?

If you go to 33 (or even say 28) that makes most of those questions and decisions moot.

Speaking of which.. what era type setting do we have stats wise? Are we playing as if it was the 60s with smaller pitching rotations and such? or is the stats configured to be like 2008 baseball just set in a fictional 1960s? That probably influences some of my choices a bit.

We're using Ben's OOTP 2007 modifiers. Maybe we want to look into changing them to reflect the one's he made for the new version, since we're using the new version. I might test them in the minors first to see what they look like before talking about changing them for our level.

The financial settings are set static to modern numbers and won't really change short of whatever the financial modifier does. The salary cap will stay at $65 million and I'm not sure when that'll change, but if it ever does, we'll discuss it and vote on why if necessary.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-25-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We'll stick with the 25-man roster. I'm all for FOOL as an endurance test over a whole year. I wanted to make sure the prevailing wisdom was still there and it seems that it is. A tie in the vote won't change the result, in any vote where we have a tie, we'll simply stick with the status quo. I doubt this will be that, but just to let you all know how we'll handle ties when things to a vote.