Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #101
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

30th Round
---
St. Pete: Julio Morales, SP, El Paso
Seattle: Jose Lopez, SP, Texas

PLAYERS TAKEN
---
Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6
Colorado 6
Valdosta 6
Boston 6
New York 6
Rio Grande 6
Texas 5
Brooklyn 4
El Paso 3
LBI 2
Baltimore 2
Chicago 2
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
27th Round
---
Seattle: Alberto Sanchez, 1B, Brooklyn
St. Pete: Patrick Hamilton, 1B, New York

Seems like a lot of 1B. Must be a decent position.

Sanchez fields like Mattingly and hits for GAP. That's about it. Three year starter until BRK finally got someone better last year.

Hamilton's not a bad pick. He can catch, too. Another Billy Beane pick. He can mash in the long run. And is good enough to be a bench power bat right away. Still probably a long term backup.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #103
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

31st Round
---
Seattle: George MacOran, RF, Charleston
St. Pete: Felipe Franco, C, Long Beach Island
Old 07-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
28th Round
---
St. Pete: Albert Vance, C, Texas
Seattle: John O'Keggan, CF, Rio Grande

Why stop at one TEX catcher? St. Pete takes the other. Looks like TEX had a platoon going last year. Vance is the other half. Same sort as Reed. Hits for POW. Not as good defensively or with plate discipline. He's okay. .201-4-23 in 203 ABs. Darkhorse, though--this guy hit 66 HRs in two years with Appalachian, whoever they are now (maybe Texas, lol). But that was 1962-3. Not a bad risk right now.

O'Keggan makes contact like the his Irish great grandfather eight Guiness pints in. Still, he does everything else. Runs, defends, hits for power, takes walks. Hit .214-22-70 two years ago, but RIO sent him to AAA last year.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 AM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's 35 players, each, right? Just checking.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
29th Round
---
Seattle: Steve Mueller, OF, Chicago
St. Pete: Tim Valentine, 1B, Chicago

Meuller...Meuller...Meuller

(he sucks)

Valentine's not much better. Backup candidate.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #107
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

32nd Round
---
St. Pete: Gustavo Tovar, LF, Charleston
Seattle: Todd Hankins, MR, Baltimore

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-08-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #108
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's 35 players, each, right? Just checking.

Yup. We're almost done.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #109
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
30th Round
---
St. Pete: Julio Morales, SP, El Paso
Seattle: Jose Lopez, SP, Texas

PLAYERS TAKEN
---
Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6
Colorado 6
Valdosta 6
Boston 6
New York 6
Rio Grande 6
Texas 5
Brooklyn 4
El Paso 3
LBI 2
Baltimore 2
Chicago 2

I like Morales. He's not bad for this stage of expansion. Had a bad year last year (7-13, 5.55), but he was 9-8, 3.80 two years ago. You can do worse for back end rotation guys from expansion drafts.

Lopez is no Morales. Still, SEA could probably do worse, too (and will without help). 11-13, 4.82 looks decent--until you find out MOV is his only MLB skill, and see that he walked 106 batters to just 88 Ks.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #110
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

33rd Round
---
Seattle: Ken Pugh, LF, Texas
St. Pete: Gilbert Hess, RP, Chicago
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 AM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
31st Round
---
Seattle: George MacOran, RF, Charleston
St. Pete: Felipe Franco, C, Long Beach Island

And Ben loses a DOMINATING presence from his...AAA lineup. Ok, not even that. Mac hit 10 HRs and struck out 105 times. Plus, he stole 17 bases. That's way too eccentric, so Sky "I Formation" Dog let him go.

Oh, yeah, that's Ben's top prospect. Heck, DC is right. All of his talent is at the bigs (and what talent it is).

Good GAP, POW, low CON guys seem to be a dime a dozen. Franco is a very good catcher. But he hit .136 last year in 110 ABs.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #112
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

34th Round
---
St. Pete: Marc-Andre Bouchard, C, LBI
Seattle: Jose Matos, 3B, Chicago
Old 07-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
32nd Round
---
St. Pete: Gustavo Tovar, LF, Charleston
Seattle: Todd Hankins, MR, Baltimore

Hmm. I guess Tovar doesn't qualify as a prospect anymore. He's 26 and apparently trapped behind Ben's big guns, because he hasn't played higher than AAA. But this guy is a power hitter in waiting. He could hit 20+ for DC next year. Very solid player at this stage. He even is decent on the basepaths and in the field. He is much better than MacOran, the first CHA prospect to go.

Last year was Hankins' best year since 1962--1-1 with a 5.94 ERA. Yup.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:56 AM   #114
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

35th Round
---
Seattle: Jack Bush, CF, Chicago
St. Pete: Pedro Lopez, SS, Brooklyn

Thanks for Chief Rum radio for the live draft commentary. Bud Selig would be proud that the Ocho could cover such a historic event of TomFOOLery.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
33rd Round
---
Seattle: Ken Pugh, LF, Texas
St. Pete: Gilbert Hess, RP, Chicago

Pugh is another fine defender with power and discipline who couldn't put the bathead between the stitches on a ball on a tee. .203-5-10 as a backup last year.

Hess can close--now. See what a difference a human mind makes? Good pickup this late. Hess has been at AA for Chicago, and no one is going to confuse him with the league's best, but he should be pretty good. Besides, DC doesn't have SEA's depth in the pen, so he's going to need a good closer.

Hess was CHI's #6 prospect.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #116
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's a real challenging finding value. I'm sure we've made some missteps, but it'll be interesting to see who we get amongst the leftovers from the St.G and StL rosters, to figure out how this will all play out. It'll be a challenge for sure, though.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
34th Round
---
St. Pete: Marc-Andre Bouchard, C, LBI
Seattle: Jose Matos, 3B, Chicago

Bouchard was playing LW for the Leafs, when he realized they suck. So he decided to join LBI's AAA team instead. Smae story otherwise. Good POW/GAP and defense. Not much CON. LBI's #13 prospect.

Matos is a backup infielder. Not much else to say. Even in SEA, he will probably remain a backup INF.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
35th Round
---
Seattle: Jack Bush, CF, Chicago
St. Pete: Pedro Lopez, SS, Brooklyn

Thanks for Chief Rum radio for the live draft commentary. Bud Selig would be proud that the Ocho could cover such a historic event of TomFOOLery.

Well, maybe the Ocho could. Thanks, though. It was a lot of fun.

Do you guys really want commentary on these guys?

Actually, Bush isn't bad. He's like most of these other hitters, but slightly better. He can be a power bat for SEA next year. Not getting any better, though--he's 27.

Lopez is reminds me of a million utility INFs. Good defense and speed. Can't hit. But worse hitters have been taken in this draft. He can be a good backup. He started for BRK last year (.233-6-56, but with 140 whiffs!).

Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #119
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

30 players protected by each team made this much like a real expansion draft. I suspect 25 would've meant a lot of good players available to the expansion teams, causing more harm than good I think. So I'm glad we went with the higher number. It was harder, for sure, but...way more realistic than the game could ever make it.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #120
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a real challenging finding value. I'm sure we've made some missteps, but it'll be interesting to see who we get amongst the leftovers from the St.G and StL rosters, to figure out how this will all play out. It'll be a challenge for sure, though.

Yeah, looking forward to it. Not sure yet if I will spend that salary room I get with Gibbs getting picked. But I might. Should be fun.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:11 AM   #121
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
10th Round
---
St. Pete: Marvin Shields, SS, New York
Seattle: Don Roberts, LF, Boston

Yes! Roberts comes off the books! He and Williams were both supposed to anchor my lineup with $10million+ deals, and both tanked. Now I have some money to play with...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #122
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Looking over the rest of the list, looks like I lost some okay prospects and some underperforming major leaguers, and cleared some salary. Wish one of them had taken a flyer on Williams, but I'm in better shape than I was before the draft.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 AM   #123
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Second pick of the expansion draft, St. Petersburg selects 3B Tom Wallace (Hartford)

Ya I let Tom Go..... Was tough, but his salary and he hasnt performed the way he used to led to him being left off the list. Still a good guy to have play everyday though. I Have a few other guys to look at brining up now.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #124
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
BTW, I actually like the Sexton pick better than the Wallace pick, not that it matters back to back.

I do to, that was a good pick up here for DC.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #125
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
After 5 rounds
---
PLAYERS LOST
Ann Arbor 3
Colorado 2
Hartford 1
Texas 1
Rio Grande 1
Valdosta 1
New York 1

looking good for me so far
Old 07-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #126
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Murphy is an interesting prospect. Not sure if I like the dual okay CON and POW, but GAP is through the roof, he can defend decently well, and he can run. Second player from HAR, didn't make muns' prospect list.

Dinsdale is the first player from LBI. 12-13 last year, 3.38 ERA, 244 K in 233 IP. That's the good. The bad? His ratings, 84 STU, 50 MOV, 50 CON. Look out batters!

I liked a few of my other youngsters as I had more than a few tough choices to make with my farm system. I didnt like where his potential was with the HR, so he got left off my list. He should be a good guy down the road though. Time will tell if i regret that move eh?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #127
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Heh...muns offered Reid to me for Tippett before I came back with a prospect instead. Reid can hit for power and play a decent OF. He will be solid. I would have taken him myself if I didn't have several players like him.

Power at a premium here. Lane also can hit the snot out of the ball. He can play at the bigs this year, but could use another year at AAA. Not on muns' prospect list. Hartford now ties Ann Arbor and Colorado for most players gone at 4.

Ok I spoke way too soon with Me looking good. Reid I no longer needed as I have a lot of guys that can play OF right now for me, so I had to leave him off the list to make room, but Lane was a guy that was on my fence and I had hoped he would sneak through. He will prob develop next year. Again though I have a few 1b that can play now and warrant being moved him. Man ohhhh well.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #128
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hartford is at 6 players. Can't lose anyone else. And yes, I'm watching what the AI does to ensure they don't violate our rules.

Man that didnt take to long for me to get to six.

Adrian Esquivel, CL should be alright, nothing special. Glad it was him going and not somone else i guess
Old 07-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #129
allpro10050
Mascot

really sucks that i couldnt get a export in
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #130
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Forgot El Paso was in the league.

Ouch...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #131
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Great breakdown of the picks Chief Rum, made for a fun read through.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #132
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro10050 View Post
really sucks that i couldnt get a export in

no internet? I offered you a deal by the way If you dont like it, thats fine, but an official no goes a long way in offering other deals to people

Last edited by muns : 07-08-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #133
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Great breakdown of the picks Chief Rum, made for a fun read through.

Agree, wish I would have been able to stay up last night to chat about stuff, but thanks Chief.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #134
allpro10050
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
no internet? I offered you a deal by the way If you dont like it, thats fine, but an official no goes a long way in offering other deals to people

i was out all day and wasnt able to get on a computer in time. and that deal isnt close to what i would want for them.
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #135
muns
Pro Starter

Thanks for the response