Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #2502
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Yeah me too
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #2503
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm afraid I can't be persuaded, on account of that desperate nightfall vote.

Just counting down the time to see if the night actions bring anything new and interesting?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #2504
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm afraid I can't be persuaded, on account of that desperate nightfall vote.

Just counting down the time to see if the night actions bring anything new and interesting?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #2505
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, since I've got you around at this point - I've had some major concerns about you since about Friday due to your prolonged time outside of the thread. Is that strictly a by-product of the vacation or is this game just not doing it for you?

Assuming you are around for the endgame (or at least Day 9) I would hope that you are invested enough to try and help your team win rather than lurk on the fringes. Whatever team that might be.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #2506
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

It's not too late.. didn't type it right.

I've said what I can. I guess all I can give at this point is my gut feelings. I think we've had some damn good analysis to go off the last few days. I would still look at Telle. I didn't vote hoops because I actually believe him, that he's not a villager. I don't get the same vibe that others are getting, which leads me to say that people who were calling him desperate last night/this morning might be the ones to look at.

One of those incuded EF. I can't remember off the top of my head who the other one was.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #2507
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, on the off chance that someone has an ability that blocks actions ...

When mauboy is the 4th wolf, if you are in fact convinced that I'm a wolf I would encourage you to block me, spy on me, or in any way you see fit interfere with my actions. I don't have any, but if that would help prove innocence I'm all for it. I selfishly want to be around for the end of this game.

If there did happen to be 6 wolves, you would have to think they would send me to take any kill action tonight. I'm the marked man right now, so there would be every reason for me to do any terrible deeds.

Bottom line, I don't know how the wolves moved their vote yesterday but they did and I benefited from it by virtue of living, so I'm expecting to make my way to Valhalla. But if there is an angle to be played to let me live to the end, I'm trying to think of it.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #2508
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
It's not too late.. didn't type it right.

I've said what I can. I guess all I can give at this point is my gut feelings. I think we've had some damn good analysis to go off the last few days. I would still look at Telle. I didn't vote hoops because I actually believe him, that he's not a villager. I don't get the same vibe that others are getting, which leads me to say that people who were calling him desperate last night/this morning might be the ones to look at.

One of those incuded EF. I can't remember off the top of my head who the other one was.

Racer was another one. Given a max of one conversion, it seems a bit of a stretch for both to be wolves. I personally think that the trust for both is a little overdone, but neither would be people I would think should be the next lynch without a pretty compelling reason.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #2509
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't vote hoops because I actually believe him, that he's not a villager.

Last time I saw a slip like that it was correct...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #2511
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I guess he was trying to erase all evidence of the mistake.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #2512
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Last time I saw a slip like that it was correct...

It was a mistype. Say what you want.

NOt really around - cleaning the house for in-laws. Wife has control tonight. lol
Old 08-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #2513
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Interesting, then he deletes instead of edits?
Who deleted what?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #2514
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I saw a slip like that one other time, forget who it was.

The post at that time said something along the line of... "I don't know if he is a wolf or not, I only know that I am" Which later upon lynch we found out that he was telling the truth and was indeed a wolf.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #2515
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who deleted what?

Don't see an edit tag on the post so I can only assume it was deleted and reposted.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #2516
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, sorry, thought you had delited, guess you didn't do either. Thought It looked diffeent.

I take that statement back.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #2517
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh. I see.

25 minutes before my doom, I guess. Lasted longer than I thought I would as a villager. I knew I'd somehow screw this up as I always do with a role.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #2518
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I saw a slip like that one other time, forget who it was.

The post at that time said something along the line of... "I don't know if he is a wolf or not, I only know that I am" Which later upon lynch we found out that he was telling the truth and was indeed a wolf.

FYI, that was a game where you were also a wolf. (Pass' Godfather game)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #2519
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Looking back at the hammer...

Thor's Hammer - Telle >> ?? >> ?? >> ??
Thor's Hammer - ?? >> Narcizo >> Hoops >> Chubby (Fake) disappeared
Thor's Hammer - ?? >> ?? >> ?? (DV?) >> Racer >> Chubby

The hammer had to go through DV at some point. The question is, could a wolf pass the real one to him on a night and have DV pass the fake to the wolves' original target?

To me everything is pointing at Telle again. If Darth actually started with the hammer and planted the fake with a villager while passing the real one to a wolf for day two. Day three it would be passed back to Darth, as it had to be given to him that night again.

Then trying to gain trust for Telle she comes out with her story.

They may not have know that it would crumble when given to Thor and thus reveal it as a fake. Probably hoping that he would hold that hammer assuming it was the real one but not having its actual power gains.

Also, assuming the wolves also had to pass the hammer back and forth.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #2520
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The only other thing would be if hoops receiving the hammer on night two allowed him to immediately trade it with Darth for the fake.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #2521
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

That last post was under the assumption that hoops is a wolf.

Using that line of thought it seems certain that either Telle or hoops is a wolf.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #2522
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Of course Racer could be trying to gain trust by handing the hammer to Thor but that would seem to be too big of a risk.

(just paranoia talking there)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #2523
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
FYI, that was a game where you were also a wolf. (Pass' Godfather game)

True, we were looking for the other wolves at that point (the two teams of wolves game) and thought that was too good of a clue to be true.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #2527
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If we're wrong about you mau, I hope you end up in Vahala.

Roled villagers don't go to valhalla.

at least i don't think so...

Last edited by mauchow : 08-17-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #2528
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Roled villagers don't go to valhalla.

at least i don't think so...

Oh, didn't realize.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #2530
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Final Day 7 voting:

mauboy1: A lot
Everyone else: A little
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #2531
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Can I go ahead and post who I sent mistletoe to?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #2533
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I made a late switch and sent a PM to send mistletoe to Barkeep (9:57 pm to be exact). Originally I had it going to Telle but based on EagleFan’s late post I decided I better not.

I don’t have any information on either of these players or any other players in the game nor do I possess the ability to get it. I decided against passing it to Hoops because I think people could be hesitant to lynch him tomorrow if he has it. I didn’t go with MrBug because I think he could well be night killed. It was completely a gut decision to go with Barkeep over Jeheinz and Lathum.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #2534
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have yet to receive a PM about receiving mistletoe.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #2536
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I have yet to receive a PM about receiving mistletoe.

This was a joke, by the way. Gallows humor, I suppose.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #2537
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

hopefully someone used the duke
Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #2538
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

You feel confident you have the forces of evil on the run after the death of their leader in Loki. After the day began with wild swings, you come to a unanimous decision that the one naming himself Freyr in fact has no trace of divinity. hoopsguy, as the most outspoken against him, grabs him by the scruff of his neck and drags him to the block as mauboy1 quietly stares out with a sullen look on his face. You sense a deep sorrow in his eyes and hesitate a moment...and in that moment of hesitation, the illusion drops and he is revealed to be a she. Hel herself stands before you. Having no physical abilities of note, hoopsguy easily shoves her bodily to the ground. He pulls his sword from its sheath in a single motion and says, "Don't think of this as an execution. Think of this as a one-way trip back home to Niflheim. Give my regards to Garm." With a single swing of his sword, he lops off her head.

mauboy1 was Hel.

As the last bit of life flows from Hel, the rest of you begin to shimmer and glow. Then all at once, the illusions crumble and reveal you to all be warriors of distinction with nary an evil member amongst you. Balder smiles at you all benevolently and proclaims his profound joy at the victory you have shared. Racer continues to glow after the illusions have vanished and you can't help but think you've seen her face recently.

The forces of Good have triumphed over the forces of Evil!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #2539
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow.

Narc totally called it with Hel, in Valhalla that is.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #2540
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, thought for certain there was one other wolf.

Great job all.

Sorry hoops.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #2541
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so lets assume that the wolves were not dumb about passing the sword between their number. What that would suggest to me is that they had something more important that they needed to protect.

Also, Freyr/mauboy had indicated getting extra abilities when he received the sword but saw it pass. Not that we need more evidence of him being a wolf (JAG will provide the final point later) but I had thought of this earlier tonight and had not gotten around to posting it. Anything he was doing over the past 8-10 hours has been with the intent to create some little bit of chaos for the rest of Asgard.

The fact that Racer brought up a villager having the sword, and it then happened, made me feel better about him. I think his trust level has been a bit more certain than it deserved, but that was a good step. Only way this doesn't make sense is if EF/Racer were both wolves. If that is the case, we may as well end the game now. We're going to have to trust someone.

Interested to see who is the night kill. I'm a little worried that it could end up being Barkeep and the mistletoe would be on the move.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #2542
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

We fucked up bad last night.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #2543
hoopsguy
General Manager

Huh, figured there had to be one more

And that it was going to take you two days to find it because everyone wanted me dead.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #2544
Autumn
Head Coach

Look at hoops padding his post count.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #2545
hoopsguy
General Manager

mau, you could have just given us the damn Nightfall hours ago if you were last man standing
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #2546
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

We were 0 for 4 in conversion tries I believe.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #2547
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, so lets assume that the wolves were not dumb about passing the sword between their number. What that would suggest to me is that they had something more important that they needed to protect.

Also, Freyr/mauboy had indicated getting extra abilities when he received the sword but saw it pass. Not that we need more evidence of him being a wolf (JAG will provide the final point later) but I had thought of this earlier tonight and had not gotten around to posting it. Anything he was doing over the past 8-10 hours has been with the intent to create some little bit of chaos for the rest of Asgard.

The fact that Racer brought up a villager having the sword, and it then happened, made me feel better about him. I think his trust level has been a bit more certain than it deserved, but that was a good step. Only way this doesn't make sense is if EF/Racer were both wolves. If that is the case, we may as well end the game now. We're going to have to trust someone.

Interested to see who is the night kill. I'm a little worried that it could end up being Barkeep and the mistletoe would be on the move.

Best minute late analysis ever!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #2548
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
mau, you could have just given us the damn Nightfall hours ago if you were last man standing

I was going to but I wanted to leave it up to JAG.

I did feel bad to see all this analysis going. And I was actually busy at work today to even really think about it. SOrry guys.

Last edited by mauchow : 08-17-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #2549
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Look at hoops padding his post count.

Just making sure I was going down swinging. I HATE HATE HATE getting lynched as a villager.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #2550
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

First, thanks very much to everyone for playing, especially those who hadn't played in a while as I think it was refreshing to have some new (or old if you prefer) voices in the conversation and hope you can forgive the rough edges in this game. I was extremely please with the activity level even with the weekend breaking things up some. It made it a lot of fun to follow and I was happy to see people so engaged in the game.

Congratulations to the village. While I now feel like I underpowered the wolves (though they helped me out by killing Odin immediately), I feel like there was some pretty strong villager play and poor luck for the wolves with the exception of the Odin kill Day 1-3 that helped put them at a severe disadvantage. At that point it was going to be a steep uphill climb to win, though even then they put up a pretty reasonable fight and had some momentum going until mckerney's little play brought home the win.

I'll provide a full list of roles and such in a bit, but I wanted to start by laying out some things that were going on that a number of people were probably wondering about.

1. The stuff with the fake Mjolnir / real Mjolnir. None of the villagers guessed what had actually happened (or if they did, I missed it). The hammer that was passed around by Telle / Narcizo / hoops was the real hammer. On Day 2, Loki crafted a fake hammer (he requested it, though it was to be a random item from the list, and by chance happened to be Mjolnir). On Day 3, as hoops passed the real one to Chubby, Zinto passed the fake one to Chubby. Not being able to tell the difference, it was random chance which hammer Chubby ended up with...and he ended with
the fake. That spun the real hammer off to Racer. I found that pretty humorous. When I drew up the idea for items, I never suspected the fake one would end up getting used that way. In retrospect I realized they could've also tried to send it to whomever was getting the Mistletoe to try and spin that off randomly,

2. The Mistletoe did not have to be weaponized to kill EF, only passed to him. EF had no special abilities other than being immune to lynching. For those that played in it, it was like my role in Pass's Godfather game where passing the horse head to me would've killed me. That was a special hell of stress for me to deal with and I figured this was an opportunity to use the same mechanic to pass the experience on to someone else (sorry EF ). There was this special for Loki though: If Loki received the Mistletoe and passed it to EF, he had an abillity to frame anyone else so in the write-up it would look like someone else caused Balder to die (as Loki had Hodor shoot the arrow that killed Balder).

3. Racer was the Valkyrie, the hidden role in the game. As long as he was alive, dead vanilla villagers went to Valhalla. If he had died, no other vanilla villagers would've gone there.

4. There was actually a conversion ability in the game, but a rather weak one that only worked on dead vanilla villagers whose spirits did not go to Valhalla. It probably would've been snuffed out immediately by anyone realizing Hel was the only reasonable explanation for a player returning
from the dead, but it seemed like it could be useful for an endgame situation or to force the village to waste a day killing the convert.

5. The no night kill on Day 2 was Chubby successfully blocking an NK attempt on J23.