Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SLOPLEGACY

The LEGACY player rule was enacted in 1841 to give SLOP teams a player that they could build their franchises around. This cornerstone player is an uncapped player who comes with a 15-year contract valued at $300m. But this contract only gets "unlocked" for cap purposes if the player is traded or released.

Because fast-sim is intentionally geared towards player movement and free agency, this anchored player is aimed to give teams someone who is consistently around.

We'll follow the careers of our legacy players to see how this first installment goes over the next decade plus.

Let's meet our new legacy players that have been introduced thus far.

SS Jackson Quevada, Phoenix

SS William Randolph, Brooklyn

2B Shovel Bryant, San Diego

SP Ramesh Chandar, Seattle

RF Moe Jackson, Milwaukee

SP/IF Charlie Taylor, Philadelphia

SP Hank Griggs, Carolina

2B AEJ Collins, Memphis

SP Bobby Foster, Chicago

SP Jonathan "Mad Dog" Redick, Syracuse

C Skippy Kaufman, Los Angeles

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-19-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
chicago_gm
n00b

I'm not sure I understand this.
Does Chicago get to create one?
Created from scratch?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_gm View Post
I'm not sure I understand this.
Does Chicago get to create one?
Created from scratch?

Yes sir. On both counts. The real rule of thumb is to base your player generally on a real life player having existed at some time in the present/past. Or some sort of hybrid. Then we'll create someone for you.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
chicago_gm
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Yes sir. On both counts. The real rule of thumb is to base your player generally on a real life player having existed at some time in the present/past. Or some sort of hybrid. Then we'll create someone for you.
Sorry to be dense, but I'm still confused.
So, say I said Adrian Gonzalez.
You would just create a player based on him?
Or do you mean a player from SLOP rather than real life?
What is the 100 points about?

I looked for threads where other legacy players were created, but I don't see anything.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_gm View Post
Sorry to be dense, but I'm still confused.
So, say I said Adrian Gonzalez.
You would just create a player based on him?
Or do you mean a player from SLOP rather than real life?
What is the 100 points about?

I looked for threads where other legacy players were created, but I don't see anything.

You can base your player off any real-life player (past or present). I would pretty much ignore the 100 points because it doesn't really mean anything.

All player creation so far have been either PM'd or emailed to the commish from my understanding.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request

Last edited by ShoelessJ03 : 02-03-2012 at 11:07 AM.
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJ03 View Post
You can base your player off any real-life player (past or present). I would pretty much ignore the 100 points because it doesn't really mean anything.

All player creation so far have been either PM'd or emailed to the commish from my understanding.

What he said. The rule of thumb is to base said player off a real player. It's just a rule of thumb though. What I do then is look up said player, input their career averages from baseball reference into OOTP, it generates the player and then we go from there.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Just throwing out an idea here...

With the recent upgrades in talent available in the draft pool and with the legacy players suffering from age gate and prematurely aging....

What about instead of allowing teams to create whatever superstar they want as a legacy player, you take one of the existing players on your roster and designate him as your legacy/franchise player instead?
JTSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSMOOTH View Post
Just throwing out an idea here...

With the recent upgrades in talent available in the draft pool and with the legacy players suffering from age gate and prematurely aging....

What about instead of allowing teams to create whatever superstar they want as a legacy player, you take one of the existing players on your roster and designate him as your legacy/franchise player instead?

I had actually thought of this as well. It would add a bit more randomness to the equation and when you develop a superstar player you could keep him around by placing the 'franchise tag' on said player. It would be more fun to develop the player than to just have him created from thin air, IMO.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
Jack Raden
Mascot

I'd definitely support that idea. I like the idea of watching a guy from draft until retirement.
Jack Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, this is a great suggestion.

Future LEGACY players won't be created from thin air, it'll be a franchise tag you can apply to any player who 1) was drafted by your club, 2) you acquire a player prior to his first 150 ABs/40 IP in the majors.

Franchise tag is not transferrable (meaning you cannot deal your franchise rights to another team) and a player with a franchise tag cannot be traded.

So the LEGACY tag will be phased out and we'll initiate the FRANCHISE tag for future players. And yes, you can use it now.

Your LEGACY player will just hang until he retires. For future owners that have never had a LEGACY player, you still are entitled to one so long as there's still an active one in the league. This is just for the three teams that have never had their own LEGACY player. If all of them are retired before those teams ever have one, then they'll just forfeit this right.

Just wanted to put all of it in writing. Does that work?

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-10-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: clarified language
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
Jack Raden
Mascot

Would FRANCHISE guys be controlled on a similar long-term/low-cost contract?
Can we apply the FRANCHISE tag to guys that are currently on the team (if they meet the draft/acquisition guidelines above), or does it have to be a guy acquired from this point forward?
Jack Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The FRANCHISE tag would work the same as the LEGACY contract tag does right now. You can apply the FRANCHISE tag to anyone who meets the requirements starting right now.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-09-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Sounds good to me
JTSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote