Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
saintjo
College Benchwarmer

Baseball Mogul 2006?

Anyone buy the newest version? Im just wondering if it has enough new features to mess with it.

saintjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Here you go, all the BM you could want...

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=36574

Visit General Discussion sometime. It is fun.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
saintjo
College Benchwarmer

i actually helped with the baseball mogul series a few years back setting up the cardinals rosters, etc. i am actually in the credits and game as a random "secret" player from whatever year that was.
but they had some problems and i thought they abandoned the series after that season. that was where i heard about hattrick and started with it.

it looks like they made some big improvements. including records (which i actually wrote a records add-on program back whenever to use with bbm)

personally i thought they killed their fan base back then when they stopped answering bug/feature request. supposedly some of the developers left or something if i remember correctly. i didnt even know they were still around until a few days ago. i am debting on whether to buy the game based on the new features and whether that outways the lack of support they offered in the past.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Who is saintjo and how does ne/she have 1,190 posts?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:03 AM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Who is saintjo and how does ne/she have 1,190 posts?

Dude, check out the hatrick forum, it's like sailing across the ocean and finding a whole new world of people.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
saintjo
College Benchwarmer

yeah, my post mentions bbm is how i found hattrick FOFC is one of the larger forums/federations for hattick
Old 03-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #7
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Hey, another STL homey!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #8
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjo
i actually helped with the baseball mogul series a few years back setting up the cardinals rosters, etc. i am actually in the credits and game as a random "secret" player from whatever year that was.
but they had some problems and i thought they abandoned the series after that season. that was where i heard about hattrick and started with it.

it looks like they made some big improvements. including records (which i actually wrote a records add-on program back whenever to use with bbm)

personally i thought they killed their fan base back then when they stopped answering bug/feature request. supposedly some of the developers left or something if i remember correctly. i didnt even know they were still around until a few days ago. i am debting on whether to buy the game based on the new features and whether that outways the lack of support they offered in the past.

I bought the latest BM2k6 version and it is a great fun game but alittle buggy and some things like trades are @#$%ed unless you like the AI offering you one scrub for 9 of your players. Customer support IMHO sucks like you mentioned above patches realeased with no readme or fix list so no way to know what if anything was fixed.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:15 PM   #9
Dreslough
SportsMogul

We didn't actually "lose developers". Both of our programmers got hired by Midway Games to go work on the "MLB Slugfest" series (for XBox and PS2) and integrate the Baseball Mogul engine into Slugfest. Seemed like a great opportunity to FINALLY put a game out there with a great action mode and a great stats engine. Alas, Midway has decided to stop making baseball games, so "Slugfest: Loaded" is the last in the series.

This means that although BB2K5 was a minor upgrade, BB2K6 is the most improved Baseball Mogul ever, because we've had the full year to work on it.
Dreslough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
Dutch
"Dutch"

I passed on BM2005 for reasons I'd rather not get into. But the one thing I always enjoyed about BM is the good flow of the game. It's pretty easy to jump in and get going and keep going. Hopefully BM2006 hasn't become to unwieldly with the extra complexity.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote