Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

PureSim Baseball 2006

Hey guys, just thought I'd pass along a link to some of the latest info on PureSim 2006. I will be posting regularly to my blog at http://puresim.blogspot.com.

I just posted some info on how the "Browsable Almanac" is coming together. Think of it as a combo between Cato and Baseballreference.com all integrated directly into the game. Here are a few screenies for those of you that don't feel like reading the blog entry:

Regards,
Shaun

Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Looks very similar to Cato. Does it include the "at a glance" page listing of who each team's starters and rotation were over the length of the association?
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Yes it will. That is actually already a report directly in the game (In PureSim 2005) as well.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Serves me right for missing an iteration.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
spleen1015
Coordinator

Something like that could get me to buy Puresim, finally.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sweet. that looks quite nice Shaun. Last version of Puresim I tried (the 2005 one when it was a freeware release) I toyed with the idea of buying, but ultimately it was just a little something away from putting me over the top to buying it. And I think (although it's hard to tell at this point obviously) that you have a good shot at getting my money this time around (although FM does as well). Ever given any thought to trying to hookup with Marcus and combine your two talents for good and not evil? Your (American) understanding of some of the nuances of baseball along with his (newfound) access to the SI codebase and the larger exposure that that perhaps brings and you two would absolutely CONQUER the world of baseball text-sims. *i know i know...I'm just dreaming though*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
Icy
Pro Starter

Will you include full minors, full MLB economics etc? I also played the free version some time ago and missed that stuff. I enjoy playing with the MLB rules and for that OOTP was better that days, not sure right now or your plans for 2006.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

full minors will be in there Icy. and i think that's one of the big things that was turning me off, was just seeing players "appear" in AAA and having no backstory on them. as for economics...I'd be curious to know that too...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #9
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Wow, Detroit along with L.A. was the winningest team of the 80s. I feel sad.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:13 AM   #10
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
Wow, Detroit along with L.A. was the winningest team of the 80s. I feel sad.

lol, I knew I'd get flack for that. For the record, I only simmed 3 or 4 seasons, 80-83 and I had player movement on, so after 80 the teams were not exact mirrors of their historical counterparts.

Also, in real life Detroit was well over .500 in that period (they won 92 games in '83). LA won the AL west in 83 as well. I should have named it the "Shaun's 80-83 Association" before posting screenies

Anyway, as long as individual player performances are realistic, its the player movement and other variations that make the game fun for me PureSim does support a "sandbox" mode and a "replay" mode that can be used by folks that want to do straight replays.

I'll sim the rest of the 80's and post the individual leader stats if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Shaun Sullivan : 03-13-2006 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #11
Galaril
Pro Starter

I hope Shaun doesn't mind me posting this from the officail forum for Puresim :

Quote:
OK, like all release dates in the software world, this one is subject to change... After conversations with Matrix, and a look at my development schedule we have set PureSim 2006's release date for the first week of May. The code is looking pretty good with a few loose ends to tie up, but in general very solid.

Some of you have been contacted about the beta (starting this weekend) and I should be contacting some others as well.

So start your clocks and prepare to flame me if we hit a delay

I haven't played this version but from past versions and Shaun's excellent support and interaction with customers this is a good bet. I wouldn't let the recent misssteps by Matrix in other sports games published by them to sway your opinion on this one. Shaun has been self publishing this one for years and they always are in great shape and not buggy upon release. This one with a month lead time on release over OOTP 2006 could be a worthy competitor. Good for the baseball fan and simmer everywhere.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote