Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
johneh
Mascot

PURESIM 2007 on sale!

Saw this on the Matrix board. I may have to finally pick this game up.....

Matrix Games and PureSim Baseball are happy to announce the PureSim Baseball 2007 All-Star break special, for a limited time, cutting its price in half to $14.95 for digital download orders. This ‘All-Star Break Special,’ in recognition of the upcoming three-day event in July, will give customers the opportunity to save on the most unique and enjoyable baseball simulation ever created.

“The All-Star break is a big deal,” said David Heath of Matrix Games. “We want to observe this important event in America’s Pastime by offering this special and giving everyone a chance to see why PureSim Baseball is truly hitting the ball out of the park with this game.”

The All-Star Break Deal will be in effect from midnight on Friday, June 30, 2006 through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 14, 2006. Baseball is a legendary part of American history; now here is your chance to create your own teams, legends, and diamond dynasties, or play any historic period from 1900 to 2005!

johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
TroyF
Coordinator

At $14.95 this game is a steal.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
path12
Coordinator

Agreed.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
Franklinnoble
Banned

Awesome deal.

(oh... and I posted this over at SportsDigs.com an hour and a half ago. You know, there's a ton of good news over there... just sayin'...)
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the tip Joneh, I just cross-posted this over to one of the tabletop forums (where Rowech inquired about PureSim a few days ago) as well.

I have to admit, at $14.95, I'm tempted in spite of my feelings about Matrix.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Thanks for the tip Joneh, I just cross-posted this over to one of the tabletop forums (where Rowech inquired about PureSim a few days ago) as well.

I have to admit, at $14.95, I'm tempted in spite of my feelings about Matrix.

The difference between Maximum Football, Matrix and Puresim is that only one has a comptent and great creator/programmer/customer service person. And that's Shaun who created Puresim.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil
The difference between Maximum Football, Matrix and Puresim is that only one has a comptent and great creator/programmer/customer service person. And that's Shaun who created Puresim.

Not to sidetrack but just to briefly clarify -- My reluctance to purchase isn't any reflection on Shaun in the least, it has to do with strictly with my intense dislike for one of the Matrix dodo's who made the mistake of posting during the Maxmimu Fotoball debacle's early days.

If they weren't involved, this would be an automatic purchase for me at this price.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil

Just think if SI had joined up with Shaun instead of Markus. That's probably a bit unfair, but still ...
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #9
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Just think if SI had joined up with Shaun instead of Markus. That's probably a bit unfair, but still ...

I have thought the same thing many times.....
Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
Dutch
"Dutch"

What's the difference between the Matrix Games staff and used car salesmen?

Neither would ever, ever, ever sell you a lemon.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #11
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Oooh, temptations.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #12
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by press rlease
...a chance to see why PureSim Baseball is truly hitting the ball out of the park with this game.”

So, the chances of this being completely accidental are... what... 5%?

It could have been more pointed, but I have to think that this was an intentional swipe, at least.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
heybrad
Norm!!!

That will probably push me over the edge.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #14
Franklinnoble
Banned

You really gotta put the Matrix bias aside here. Shaun provides great service and is constantly improving his product. It's not even remotely fair to compare it to Maximum Football. At $14.95, it's a steal. He's practically giving the game away, and it's a solid game.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #15
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
So, the chances of this being completely accidental are... what... 5%?

It could have been more pointed, but I have to think that this was an intentional swipe, at least.

Yeah, it probably is a swipe, but I doubt very seriously that Shaun writes the press releases.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #16
SunDevil
College Prospect

And yet Maximum Football is still selling at $39.95. Is there any justice in the world?

I mean other than that only 6 people plus Digamma bought Maximum Football so far.

Last edited by SunDevil : 06-27-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What's differences are there between the current version (that'll be on sale soon) versus the downloadable demo? I mean, other than limitations of the demo, anything significant in terms of how it performs vs the full version (i.e. newer patches, changes, fixes, etc)?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #18
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by johneh
“The All-Star break is a big deal,” said David Heath of Matrix Games.
Alrighty then, it must be so.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #19
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
At $14.95 this game is a steal.

+1.

Even with the problems I had with the 1.0 build, I can't imagine passing on it for $14.95.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #20
Franklinnoble
Banned

I don't know if the demo has all the latest patches... although it should at least give you a feel for how the game works. Still, there have been a ton of tweaks and improvements made following the initial release.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:32 PM   #21
jbmagic
Pro Starter

What a great deal.

Looks like Puresim 2007 will be the baseball sim to play. Shaun is awesome when it comes to support and is great in fixing bugs.

The way OOTP 2006 is having problems, It looks like I pass on this version this year.

I don't see how Markus is going to fix all those ai bugs that have existed for a very long time and still showing up on the new engine. I dont see patch #2 going to fix this in July when it comes out. Markus has to change his whole logic when it comes to the AI. Maybe ootp 2007 will be the answer.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #22
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I don't know if the demo has all the latest patches... although it should at least give you a feel for how the game works. Still, there have been a ton of tweaks and improvements made following the initial release.

The demo is not updated to latest version.

But I agree it looks like Shaun has done a ton of tweaks and improvements. Everyone in the forum seems very happy so far.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #23
Ironhead
College Prospect

Son of a bitch. I just bought this last night for 29.99.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #24
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Son of a bitch. I just bought this last night for 29.99.

Email Shaun

maybe you can get an adjustment refund back.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:28 PM   #25
Riggins44
High School JV

I bought both OOTP and Puresim (for some reason) and I am having more fun with Puresim. OOTP has more "good lord that's impressive" features... but I like the simpler approach of Puresim.
Riggins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #26
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hmm ... a couple of nights spent with the demo and I think perhaps at the sale price this might be able to fill the role that Mogul filled for me last year. Basically, an exercise in strolling down memory lane with the historic players.

I'm not wild about the GUI and doing some things with the roster feel like they take a few more clicks than they should and there's at least a few stat bugs left (save recorded for a pitcher who worked one inning with a six run lead & nobody on base when he entered the game) but for $15 it might be worth betting that Shaun will at least get the latter fixed.

While it's a long way from the Holy Grail of baseball games for my taste, I probably would get the sale price worth of fun just out of having Koufax & Drysdale in my rotation for a number of years.