Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

FOOL News: 1964 Season begins June 23rd With OOTP9

Hi folks:

We were planning to switch when OOTP9 is released, to be one of the first leagues to play with the new version. So we'll officially begin the 1964 season (our 4th season) on June 23rd.

We're inviting those of you who haven't joined yet, to consider doing so.

The League HTML has all of the teams and such listed, so you can scour what teams are available and we can start to dole out ballclubs and people get start to get pumped for what promises to be an exciting new start for FOOL with the new version of the game!

Ask your questions if you have 'em!

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-07-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Okay, I have everything set up. What specifically do we need to export by June 23? I'm in the same boat as MacroGuru: my last OOTP was 6.5 a couple of years ago, so I could use some details on what exactly needs to be done when, at least for the first season.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Login to your team, check out your roster. You can make offers on free agents in the FA pool and start negotiating trades with other teams. Monday will be the first day I take in new export from teams and sim to the start of free agency. Then we can start FA, dealing and start with the regular weekly schedule.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-19-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Seems like there was a HUGE bump in the talent generated by the game in this version due to the switch to OOTP9. So there might be an interesting shift in the league power structure.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Lots of studly-looking pitchers available in FA. As for batters/position players, the kind word is "potential".
Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Lintyfresh85
n00b

Once again... ready to start dominating again starting tomorrow!
Lintyfresh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
Tellistto
College Prospect

Think I'm all set to upload my stuff whenver we're ready to go. Looking forward to this.

How will trades work in this league, DC? We going to negotiate them in the forum and you complete them in game?

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll create a trade thread for folks to post their trade blocks as they have 'em...but yeah, you post the deal and then I'll process it in-game. Trade deadline is Thursday night at 9pm eastern.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So what do I need to do tonight? If the sim tomorrow takes us to the start of FA, does that mean I can take another day before deciding what offers to make? Aren't rookie FA handled separately, and would that be in this sim? I haven't yet determined how to show the rookie FAs as separate from the actual veteran FAs.

Also, how do the rookie FA bids work with the salary cap?

And is there anything else I need to be concerned with now? I am still reviewing my team to see if I can make any trades, although I need to know what I can expect from free agency before I can really evaluate where I stand with the roster. Thanks!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll post a new thread detailing "what happens next...."