Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #101
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Back to the season of '65 for a moment. Anyone else notice that a pretty good 2B Raymond Carpenter sat out the whole season. He was never signed I guess. Dang is he tempting, but I don't have the cash to spare right this moment with things up in the air for me a little bit.

I just saw that when I was looking at things. He wanted like $5m if I recall and I don't know if anyone 1) had a need or 2) thought he was worth it. I wonder if after a year out if he'll change his demands or whatever.

Very strange though that he just sat.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #102
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Back to the season of '65 for a moment. Anyone else notice that a pretty good 2B Raymond Carpenter sat out the whole season. He was never signed I guess. Dang is he tempting, but I don't have the cash to spare right this moment with things up in the air for me a little bit.

I tried to get him, but he turned me down as I didn't have enough money to offer him. I could have used him.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #103
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I just saw that when I was looking at things. He wanted like $5m if I recall and I don't know if anyone 1) had a need or 2) thought he was worth it. I wonder if after a year out if he'll change his demands or whatever.

Very strange though that he just sat.

He initially wanted alot more than $5mil. He was asking for I believe 12 or 13mil a year, I had originally offered him 5 which he told me wasn't anywhere in the ballpark or something along those lines. I spent my money elsewhere and later tried again to get him with the last 1 or 2 mil I had, but he still didn't sign.

I'm not upset though as I picked up a good 10 or 12 people with that cash that should be good in a few seasons.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #104
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Ya he wanted a ton of money and would not come down at all when i was trying to resign him. I offered him like 8 mil if i remember correctly and he wouldnt take it. With St. Louis disbanding anyone gonna splurge?
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #105
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think next season, I'm going to test condensing the regular and FOOL Classic into the weekend. Extend it to Monday just prolongs the pain. We wouldn't run any of the off-season stuff, just sim the regular season and give the FOOL Classic teams a night to get to set their rosters and stuff for the post-season, then run the post-season the following night after the season file goes out.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-06-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #106
Tellistto
College Prospect

Signing him right now would be a very bad idea, considering a one year deal that he's asking for is for 1965 and not for 1966. No reason to sign him until FA starts after the playoffs, so that any deal he recieves will be for the season of '66. Just a word of warning to those who find him tempting in this upcoming sim.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #107
muns
Pro Starter

so you would run the season sat, fool classic sunday, and start FA monday?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #108
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Signing him right now would be a very bad idea, considering a one year deal that he's asking for is for 1965 and not for 1966. No reason to sign him until FA starts after the playoffs, so that any deal he recieves will be for the season of '66. Just a word of warning to those who find him tempting in this upcoming sim.

Tell

Tell your too nice
Old 07-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #109
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
so you would run the season sat, fool classic sunday, and start FA monday?

Yeah.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #110
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am getting an error when trying to upload my export file.

Error - 202 Upload error
Old 07-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wouldn't the St. Louis breakup plan into two teams result in an unbalanced number of teams? Or am I misreading that?

Also, does having the same farm systen mean they would each have prospects by the same name? Those prospects would essentially get twins, split between the teams? A little confused by that.

Otherwise, I am fine with that, but I, too, wouldn't mind if we kept St. Louis around (although it will be tough).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #112
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wouldn't the St. Louis breakup plan into two teams result in an unbalanced number of teams? Or am I misreading that?

Also, does having the same farm systen mean they would each have prospects by the same name? Those prospects would essentially get twins, split between the teams? A little confused by that.

Otherwise, I am fine with that, but I, too, wouldn't mind if we kept St. Louis around (although it will be tough).

I think whats happening is that St. Louis Folds and so does St. George. ( subtract 2 teams) Then replace those 2 teams that folded, with 2 new teams (the expansion part) and give those 2 new teams the old farm teams of st george and st louis......

so one of the new teams would have st.louis farm system and the other new team would have st. george's farm system.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #113
Tellistto
College Prospect

St. Louis and St. Georges are both being turned into expansion teams, not so much turning them into two teams, but replacing the existing ones.

Tell

Edit: What muns said.

Last edited by Tellistto : 07-06-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
St. Louis and St. Georges are both being turned into expansion teams, not so much turning them into two teams, but replacing the existing ones.

Tell

Edit: What muns said.

Ah ha. Thanks, guys.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am getting an error when trying to upload my export file.

Error - 202 Upload error

Ditto. This is a problema, since I have an export to put up, and I am going to need to leave for much of the rest of the day soon.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #116
muns
Pro Starter

I did my file about 2 hours ago and didnt have a problem, server problem???? im not tech savy at all.....
Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ditto. This is a problema, since I have an export to put up, and I am going to need to leave for much of the rest of the day soon.

Same here, I am going out with the wife to the movies tonight in a little bit and won't be back before later in the evening.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I just ran a sniffer trace to see what is going on. It is indeed a server error:

450-Error during write to file: Disk quota exceeded\r\n

So can't do anything until DC comes back, hopefully he pushes back tonight's sim at least until later.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #119
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I just ran a sniffer trace to see what is going on. It is indeed a server error:

450-Error during write to file: Disk quota exceeded\r\n

So can't do anything until DC comes back, hopefully he pushes back tonight's sim at least until later.

I think I am going to PM him with changes I made and ask him to make them for me if I can't upload before I leave. A bit of a pain, but better than not getting one in.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #120
muns
Pro Starter

Alan and Chief does DC have an email addy around here somewhere? You could zip up your export and send it to him, that way just in case he doesnt get back its still there.

Last edited by muns : 07-06-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan and Chief does DC have an email addy around here somewhere? You could zip up your export and send it to him, that way just in case he doesnt get back its still there.

Good idea, I'll do something along those lines.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #122
Tellistto
College Prospect

Is there even a sim tonight? I know he said he would test it next season, which means next week, but the schedule calls for playoffs on Monday and I don't think that's changed quite yet.

Tell

Old 07-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there even a sim tonight? I know he said he would test it next season, which means next week, but the schedule calls for playoffs on Monday and I don't think that's changed quite yet.

Tell

Maybe not. I haven't quite figured out our scheduled yet so far I dropped him a PM with info on how to get my file from a web server though just in case.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #124
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Dark Cloud,

I PM'd you with my changes to add into the file if you could, since I can't upload. Maybe it doesn't matter, and you'll fix the server error (if that's something you would do), but just in case, please include those changes before you run the next sim. Thanks!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #125
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Tell

I thought there was one inbetween the end of the seson and the end of the playoffs so that we could neg with our own upcoming FA's??? Maybe im mistaken.....Im not used to the schedule yet either

Last edited by muns : 07-06-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #126
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought there was one inbetween the end of the seson and the end of the playoffs so that we could neg with our own upcoming FA's??? Maybe im mistaken.....Im not used to the schedule yet either

I thought it was, stop at end of season (where we are now), then run playoffs (but don't switch to next season yet), then switch to next season. Each cross point is a chance to negotiate contracts with your potential FA's I believe.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #127
muns
Pro Starter

This thread makes me laugh, the blind leading the blind
Old 07-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #128
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hahaha..I go take a nap and come back and then all hell breaks loose. Sorry gang.

I'll move FOOL to a new server for FTP. I'm guessing the stupid league HTML caused me more problems than they were worth. As usual. So anyway...if Tell can get his files in tonight, I'd like to go ahead and sim tonight to the end of the playoffs. Not to free agency, that'll be tomorrow.

Even if doesn't, I'll still upload a file so that you all can get the new FTP address.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #129
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, I've setup a new FTP account for FOOL. I'm going to complete the trade that just went down between Colorado and Hartford and then upload a new file. You all should download it once I send it up, base your exports off of that file. It'll be the same date as the others.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #130
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

New file is up with the new FTP account and the trade consummated.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #131
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I get a 'No New File' message trying to update. Export doesn't work either of course.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #132
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I get a 'No New File' message trying to update. Export doesn't work either of course.

Shoot, that makes sense. I guess you wouldn't because you all are uploading from the old server, rather than the new one. Umm...lemme zip the file up and I'll create a link for you all.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #133
Tellistto
College Prospect

I can get my export in tonight once I have the new file for the new server and whatnot. No worries there.

Tell

Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #134
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's a link to the league file. Download it and copy over the files in your current FOOL.lg folder and then you should be good to import/export.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #135
muns
Pro Starter

HA...... anyone got guesses on how long this will take me to get it up and working this time?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #136
Tellistto
College Prospect

Am all set to go, DC. Downloaded the file linked, copied it over and saw that the trade had been made. Checked to see if anything was on the server, and it said it couldn't find file info, not sure about that but I exported my file without a problem.

Ready to roll whenever.

Tell

Old 07-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #137
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, I was an idiot on this one and tried to copy the new files over without closing the game. I should know better then to do something so dumb, but there I was loading in the new files, then clicking load FOOL only to not pay attention to that fact that the game was automatically saving over the new files I just put in there.

I did that twice before I realized it and closed the game to put in the new files.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #138
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Ok, I was an idiot on this one and tried to copy the new files over without closing the game. I should know better then to do something so dumb, but there I was loading in the new files, then clicking load FOOL only to not pay attention to that fact that the game was automatically saving over the new files I just put in there.

I did that twice before I realized it and closed the game to put in the new files.

If at first you don't succeed....
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #139
Tellistto
College Prospect

That's pretty classic, Cringer. Made me smile, but only a tiny one.

Tell

Old 07-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #140
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Tonight's file will sim to the end of the FOOL Classic, I'll wrap up the season, retire the two franchises and prepare for the expansion teams. St. George is moving to the west coast, not sure where yet tho. Or maybe not.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-06-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #141
muns
Pro Starter

uploaded my file as well
Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #142
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Any volunteers to move to the RL from the CL? I'd rather send an expansion team to that league so there aren't two in the same league.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-06-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #143
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

The RL has had to fight against StL for a few years now, I think it's only fair they get both expansion teams.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #144
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
The RL has had to fight against StL for a few years now, I think it's only fair they get both expansion teams.

Hehe...fair argument. I can't think of another fair way to do it and given the separation of the leagues, seems to make the most sense.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #145
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Crap, I better finish at least 5th again I guess.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #146
muns
Pro Starter

I would if you really need someone but would rather not. I like the idea of going against Tell and Ben, and at least trying to keep their pace in the CL.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #147
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, time to get this party started.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #148
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I would if you really need someone but would rather not. I like the idea of going against Tell and Ben, and at least trying to keep their pace in the CL.

Yeah, we're not changing. We'll just keep the leagues as they are.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #149
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hey DC, just checking as I haven't downloaded the new file that you linked above. Did my import go in before that new file or do I need to re-do those transactions again once I download it?

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #150
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, picked up the exports and now it's time to run the FOOL Classic for 1965.