Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Exporting not working for me...

"Could not upload file. Error -202: Upload error"

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-08-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ben, You downloaded the new required file manually from the weekend already? Not sure if you got that or missed it. DC had to switch ftp servers because the old one was having issues, that required everyone pulling down a new file.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Ben E Lou

No. I didn't get that. Is there a thread for this?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Huckleberry
College Starter

Not that you couldn't figure it out, but because of the time crunch, here are the links in this thread:

DC's thread
The compressed file with the new .dat files, etc.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-08-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
Ben E Lou

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Tellistto
College Prospect

Really hope that people have been keeping up with things on this board, considering we're having an expansion draft tonight and all. Would be a shame if people don't get their protected lists in and suddenly discover they don't have their players anymore.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Really hope that people have been keeping up with things on this board, considering we're having an expansion draft tonight and all. Would be a shame if people don't get their protected lists in and suddenly discover they don't have their players anymore.

Tell

I would probably chuckle for a few seconds, then maybe feel a little bad for them.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
Ben E Lou

No biggie. I'm not going to be super-interested until the player pool gets normalized.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
Tellistto
College Prospect

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I do worry that kids are just too good coming out of the draft pool, meaning they hit the majors pretty much straight away. Given that there are very few players over 30 right now, it'll be nice once we have a greater spread of talent.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

Export sent.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I do worry that kids are just too good coming out of the draft pool, meaning they hit the majors pretty much straight away. Given that there are very few players over 30 right now, it'll be nice once we have a greater spread of talent.

Tell

This should be resolved eventually. Ben's OOTP9 league totals settings have been implemented with RonCo's dev settings, so players will retire faster, develop slower in the next wave and it'll be more realistic going forward.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
This should be resolved eventually. Ben's OOTP9 league totals settings have been implemented with RonCo's dev settings, so players will retire faster, develop slower in the next wave and it'll be more realistic going forward.

Retire faster? I hope that is actually moving it back to a realistic norm that was established too high by more recent versions of OOTP. Because the last versions of OOTP I played had a tendency for players to retire too soon or to hit a wall too soon. By version 6.5, this was less of a problem, IIRC, but I certainly don't want to go back to the days when turning 35 was the absolute death knell for a player.

Completely agreed about players developing too fast.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Retire faster? I hope that is actually moving it back to a realistic norm that was established too high by more recent versions of OOTP. Because the last versions of OOTP I played had a tendency for players to retire too soon or to hit a wall too soon. By version 6.5, this was less of a problem, IIRC, but I certainly don't want to go back to the days when turning 35 was the absolute death knell for a player.

Completely agreed about players developing too fast.

RonCo did all of this testing and junk, about the OOTP career arc, etc. Once we get rid of this first generation of players, we can revert to those settings that has players developing slower and not having long, long careers. The settings were set to 1.000 across the board from the start of this league, I've changed that to .500 for development of players heading into next year, figuring that it'll halve the development curve and make things a bit easier to deal with moving forward for us.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #14
Ben E Lou

At default settings in OOTP9, you get significantly too many players remaining very productive into their 40s.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #15
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
At default settings in OOTP9, you get significantly too many players remaining very productive into their 40s.

I take it there weren't enough drug suspensions on the older guys to make up for it.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #16
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Given that I've got mid-20s players that decided to tank this past season, I really hope things are set up so somebody can hit 30 and still be productive...
Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #17
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Given that I've got mid-20s players that decided to tank this past season, I really hope things are set up so somebody can hit 30 and still be productive...
Absolutely. Some players will be productive into their 40s, even.