Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Trade Review Thread

Talk about deals that have been done. Talk smack, talk winners and losers...you know, just talk.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1965 OFF-SEASON DEALS

9/16/65: Hartford Harpooners send LF Xavier Gonzalez to Colorado Rancheros for LF John Tippett

1/27/65: Hartford Harpooners send 3B Felipe Lopez and SS Brandon Carroll to Valdosta Peanuts for RF Hector Santos

1/27/65: Texas Copperheads send 3B Warren Lewis and SS Hector Suarez to Hartford Harpooners for LF Ramiro Mateo, RF Clarence Gilliam and 3B Bob Chase.

1/27/65: Chicago Comets send: SP Bob Halpin and SS Hector Martinez to St. Petersburg Pelicans for 3B Nick Paul, 1B Ben Gibbs, 2B Marvin Shields, SP Matt Ladner, SP Cullen Mitchell and CF Greg Reid.

1/27/65: St. Petersburg Pelicans send: LF Phil Sexton to the Boston Settlers for: 2B Roberto Feliz, SP Joe Parks, SP Joseph Hall and 2B Bill Woods.

1/27/65: Charleston Chew send OF Dave Myers to the Chicago Comets in exchange for LF Sam Palmer.

1/27/65: St. Petersburg Pelicans send SP Eugene Andrews and SP Julio Morales to Charleston Chew for 3B Rick Inman

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Huckleberry
College Starter

I have historically been pretty much a non-trader in online leagues. I get unreasonably attached to my players. But I had a stacked infield and no outfield, hence the trade with the Harpoon Traders. Or whatever their nickname is.

I'm interested to hear some outside opinions on that trade. Complete honesty is not only allowed, but requested.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
I have historically been pretty much a non-trader in online leagues. I get unreasonably attached to my players. But I had a stacked infield and no outfield, hence the trade with the Harpoon Traders. Or whatever their nickname is.

I'm interested to hear some outside opinions on that trade. Complete honesty is not only allowed, but requested.

I think to that end, you certainly achieved your goals in this deal. Doesn't seem lopsided to me by any margin. And the two guys you got in return should factor in well for you.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I can't believe Boston went out and got another veteran outfielder from a DC-run team. Didn't they learn their lesson with Williams who is going to be an albatross around their salary structure for the next 3 seasons?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I can't believe Boston went out and got another veteran outfielder from a DC-run team. Didn't they learn their lesson with Williams who is going to be an albatross around their salary structure for the next 3 seasons?

Hahaha...Well, but think of this way. He's young, he's never ACTUALLY played for me and so, he should be free of the "DC curse". You should be fine...
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

Sexton was the first guy I opted to let go into free agency by not re-signing him. Nothing personal, but I certainly don't want to see him blossom into a superstar.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

I cant believe the deals that were made so far. This is great. Im looking forward to seeing how things shape up this season more than ever.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote