Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2023, 09:52 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EU4 - Now What - Mzab - Now Algiers! Finished - 11 Nov, 1444 - 3 Jan, 1821

Well, I lost that one in 14 years...now what? Am I still in an EU4 mood after my longest run in EU4 ever with Theodoro (here - EU4 – Dynasty with Theodoro - FINISHED - Nov. 11, 1444 - Jan. 3, 1821 - Front Office Football Central) and then my loss with Butua (it's here - NewEU4 Dynasty – Who am I playing? - How About Butua? Lost! - Front Office Football Central It was also longer than any EU3 game I played too. And...now what? One of the ones that I didn't do like Riga or Mali or New Zealand or Mzab?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-05-2023 at 08:26 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:53 AM   #2
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I'm in for following whatever!
Old 01-30-2023, 08:20 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll just leave the Riga flag flying from the previous thread
Old 01-30-2023, 08:52 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
I'm in for following whatever!

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2023, 08:52 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'll just leave the Riga flag flying from the previous thread

Cool cool!!!!!

Old 01-31-2023, 11:21 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EU4 Mzab

Am I doing Mzab? As a reminder, here are the main issues with Mzab:

North Africa, Berber, Ibadi, 2 provinces:

1. Ibadi cannot marry other non-Ibadi Islam nations – that’s just Pate in the Horn of Africa and Oman in Arabia. All of the region is Sunni. Marriages are the first aspect to building to an alliance. We’ll start with a -20 for being a heretic to the nearby nations for far away places and -40 to neighbors.
2. I am next to both Tunis and Tlemcen powers that can easily expand and take me out.
3. I have two holdings with the minimum amount of development – 3 each for 6. Most one province nations have more development like Theodoro.
4. If I do expand, the nearby Berber holdings will require more ADM power to core.
5. Your Berber national ideas and missions care about naval stuff, but we are inland.
6. Your lands are Deserts, which cost more to spend power to develop.

The good news, I am one of two nations that can form Algiers which founded in 1517.

Here are my Missions:

And here is a link to how to get them. https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Berber_missions

Here are our ideas, we start with the first two and then we unlock one every three Ideas.

Berber ideas

Notes:

For countries in the Culture icon.png Maghrebi culture group.

Traditions.png Traditions:

−25% Naval attrition
May raid coasts

Naval force limit modifier.png Barbary Pirates

+25% Naval force limit modifier

Attrition for enemies.png Desert Warfare

+1 Attrition for enemies

Trade efficiency.png Trans-Saharan Trade

+10% Trade efficiency
+20% Caravan power

Yearly navy tradition.png Corsairs

+1 Yearly navy tradition
+10% Privateer efficiency

Cavalry combat ability.png Tuareg Cavalry

+10% Cavalry combat ability
+10% Looting speed

Diplomatic relations.png Dual Diplomacy

+1 Diplomatic relation

Galley combat ability.png The Brothers Barbarossa

+20% Galley combat ability

Idea bonus.png Ambition:

+10% Global trade power

This is considered one of the hardest starts by everyone. All four of my Hardest Start Lists Linked to in my Athens dynasty listed it, one as high as #2. Not even Athens or Theodoro were on all four.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-01-2023 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:51 AM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's commit to Mzab!

Old 02-01-2023, 12:15 PM   #8
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Kill the Tunisians!
Old 02-01-2023, 04:23 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Kill the Tunisians!

That's later!

Old 02-01-2023, 04:26 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Founding Algiers:

Only Touggourt can also form it. Here’s what we need and what we get cores on:

We need the two orange and one red cored. Algiers has the same Ideas as us since they are all Berber Ideas, and it doesn’t look like there are new Missions either. The oranges are:

Tlemcen’s Dahra
Tunis’s Mitija

Then east of Mitija is the red of Annaba in Tunis.

Old 02-01-2023, 05:10 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s our start. I have zoomed in on my cash I’m just making 0.10 monthly, pretty poor compared to Butua. I also grabbed my capital and the bottom half of our history starting the era.

Mzab – Berber culture, Ibadi faith, 3 dev, Desert, next to us and two holdings in Touggart to the east, Livestock raised here, 0.12 made here, Arid.

Laghouat – North of Mzab, south of Tunis, Tlemcen, west of Touggart, Desert, 3 dev, Arid, Livestock, Algerian culture, Sunni faith, not Ibadi.

Army:

Us
- 4k – 3k infantry, 1K cavalry, in Mzab, I have a forcelimit of 6k.

Touggart – 4k, same breakdown, in their capital of Touggart

Tunis – 14k – 10k infantry, 4k cavalry

Tlemcen – 9k – 7k infantry, 2k cavalry

Djerid – 4k, same as us

Fezzan – 5k, 4k infantry, 1k cavalry

That’s the entire region.

Here’s a map:

Here I am showing the North Africa region zoomed out and the centered on Fezzan. As you can see, we have two minor nations to our east, the three provinces of Touggart, and then the two of Djerid anthem the four of Fezzan east of that, but next to big bad Mamluks.

Old 02-01-2023, 05:52 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, here let me show you the religion thing drilled into Tunis:

Here we are, the big bad of the region! I have zoomed into the relations. See how we start with a -30, -40 for being Ibadi and +10 for following the same school? They also are hostile and want my provinces. Tlemcen does not. So Tunis won’t likely be ally-able. But Tlemcen might.

Whoa, it looks like I can RM with local Sunnis, Which makes sense, since in real life Tlemcen and Mzab are in the same family.

See how we start at -15 and the RM is available with a green check? That means they’ll say yes to what you are asking.

Our ruler:

Imam Hassan Zayyanid, 21 years old, small 2/1/2 abilities with a long bad life ahead of him, no heir or consort

Tech – Muslim Tech Group - My tech is 3/3/3 and we have embraced Feudalism, and we make monthly 5/4/5. I make ADM my national focus since it’s used for coring and Ideas and now I am making 7/3/4.

Religion -

Ibadi Faith
: +100% chance of new heir; +10% Goods Produced

Maliki School:
We get -10% dev costs. Remember that both Arid and Desert are harder to add dev to, so that’s nice. Deserts are +50 and Arid +10, so right now to add an ADM dev to Mzad would cost a massive 74 power.

I cannot convert to Sunni to help.

Converting Laghouat will cost me 0.13 monthly so I would lose 0.03 monthly, for 144 months, so I’d lose less than 5 gold. I do it.

I have two Missionaries so this keeps one free.

I move my army to Laghouat to help with Sunni rebels

Government –

Feudal Theocracy: I can use 50 power to do one of three things every 5 years for 5 years:

50 Admin – Seize Clerical Holdings - -15% Construction Costs
50 Dip – Invite Minorities from Abroad - -20% Development Costs in capital area – this requires I owe my entire capital state and I do not so I cannot select it right now
50 Mil – Sanction Holy War – I get cores on all adjacent Heathen and Pagan faiths, so I can do this and then declare war for Touggart right now with a CB.

All last 5 years. I choose none right now.

I also get these boosts:

+1 Missionary
+1% Missionary Strength
+2 Tolerance of the True Faith
+50 Governing Capacity
+5% Ulema Loyalty equilibrium

Old 02-01-2023, 06:21 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My Goals for Mzab –

1. Make nice with Tlemcen and Tunis.
2. Get an alliance with a major power ideally Tlemcen who doesn’t want to gobble me up or someone distant like the Mamluks. Ideally I can take out the enemy next to me and they can deal with the allies of my target.
3. Declare war on Touggart and grab it as fast as possible to prevent it from falling to Tunis and stopping my eastward expansion. This is also valuable since I can then spend time dropping my aggressive expansion built up which I nickname badboy since “Abe has been a bad boy”. I’d rather spend the early years rebuilding Touggart and removing my badboy than just building.
4. Built my army a bit and then repeat with Djerid and then Fezzan and move into their places as quickly as I can. Hopefully none of them will have allied with Tunis. That’ll be rough. Again, do this quickly.
5. After capturing everything east up to the Mamluks, then go north in Tunis and remove it as a threat combining my armies with my allies to hemorrhage it. If I can take Fezzan I’ve cut off expansion by Tunis east and then I have moved south so the big bad of North Africa will have been cornered. By then I should have a big enough army to answer them.
6. Build an actual proper navy to deal with the great sea.
7. If I have not allied with the Mamluks, do so. Otherwise look to Morocco for an ally. Cancel my Tlemcen ally. Now that I have taken out Tunis, next is Tlemcen which I need stuff from to form Algiers. This may be two or three wars based on how built up they’ve gotten with me as an ally.
8. Form Algiers. I am now THE North African Hegemon.
9. Repeat against others, maybe Mamluks, maybe Morocco, maybe the islands in the Mediterranean like Sicily. Maybe southern Italy. Move against targets of opportunity in the Mediterranena Sea or North Africa.

Ready?

Old 02-01-2023, 07:09 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Historical Hegemon Series
Volume 16 - Mzab
Prelude

11 Nov, 1444 - I order 1k Muslim Archers in Mzab to get me a better army on Touggart right now and I have the forcelimit for it. This costs 10 gold up front.

I offer a Royal Marriage to Tlemcen.

They agree, no consort comes. I use my other diplomat to offer Royal Marriage to hmm…I can Royal Marriage Fezzan, not Mamluks they have too many diplomatic relations, Oman? Too far away. Turks? Ditto. Oh I got it, Morocco.

We get a new consort! Zaidana, 2/5/0 and age 26

I send my extra merchant to collect in Sevilla

I name Touggart my rival

1 Dec – Tlemcen and Tunis are rivals, no one has allied with Touggart yet, and that won’t last long. I spend 50 MIL and gain claims on all three of their holdings.

I want to declare war prior to us having an ally, them, or our 1k army finishing. But I cannot until Dec 11, so I’ll wait.

I make my ruler a general and hand him my army.

3 Dec – Tunis is guaranteeing Fezzan, uh oh

Djerid also hasn’t allied with anyone either

6 Dec – Djerid allied with Tlcemcen so they have allied up.

11 Dec – Still no allies, see:

I want to declare a Holy War now before that changes and I’ll wait until my 1k is built and grown before moving to their capital from mine. But it looks like all I can do is Humiliate Rival:

Looks like the Holy War one I spent 50 MIL power on isn’t working. I cannot commit to that, so I go ahead and order a spy network built here the old fashioned way.

1 Jan, 1445 – I begin to make nice with Tlemcen we are almost ready to be allies.

10 Jan – The extra 1k army is built, but my maintenance drops to -.28, not bad, but since I am going the slow way, I disband it.

1 March – Stability rise to +1.

3 March - Event – Crisis of the Maghreb – Check this out it affects everyone:

This lasts for 5 years, you can read about it there.

1 June – Touggart is allied with Fezzan

3 Nov – I claim Touggart’s first claim

2 Dec – Alliance with Tlemcen!

As you can see we have enough of a balance to make that work! Now I have a claim on Touggart and an ally that can check Fezzan in Tlemcen, I pull my Tlemcen happy maker for making nice with Morocco, and order another 1k built in infantry. If I can pull an alliance with Morocco now that’d be wonderful.

28 Feb, 1446 - My new army is built in Laghouat, and I declare war on Touggart for their capital! I call in Tlemcen.

Old 02-01-2023, 08:22 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter One - The Mzab/Touggart and Fezzan War

They don’t have a general, I order my 5k army into their capital to face their forces.

7 Mar – Tunis also declares war, so we need to beat them I split my army to Biskra, Touggart, and Ouargla and then order another 1k and a small merc force to Mzab that only costs me a little.

11 Mar- Mercs are here and I order them to Ouargla

11 April – We are losing in Touggourt until Tunis comes and wins and we start the siege.

22 April – Biskra falls to us – I order this 1k to the capital

27 April – Our mercs capture Oargla and I order this 4k army to the capital to help the siege, I’ll keep them around until after the Fezzan army arrives.

30 April – mission finished: Build to forcelimit, I get +5% morale and -5% maintenance of armies for 25 years

26 May – My 1k is built and I order it to Touggourt

8 July - I break off my non-merc and heads to Fezzan so I can grab holdings prior to Tunis. I don’t want Tunis to take their stuff and then prevent my warscore from taking all of Touggart. They have captured some holdings in Tunis and are there. I want Fezzan

Right now I have a warscore of just 24%

21 Sept – A minor in Fezzan falls – Sabha, I move to their capital Fezzan

23 Oct – Event – Sickness in Imam – I hand over some control to the nobility, our taxes drop 10% and our nobility estate loyalty rises. This lasts 10 years

12 Nov – I capture the minor of Jufra

I have a warscore of 47%

Touggourt falls but Tunis took them, don’t know why I was the siege leader since I was there first. But I can still take it in peace since I have a claim on it.

I disband my mercs

31 Dec - I capture the minor Sirt holding o the coast of Fezzan. Tunis is recapturing what Fezzan took. I order this army to the siege in Fezzan’s capital

6 Feb, 1447 – My army from Sirt arrives in Fezzan.

1 Mar – Unconditional surrender by Touggourt. I now have a warscore of 100.

I don’t want to accept until we capture Fezzan, because I have a warscore with them of 57% and with them at war with Tunis, I want to vassalize them – 51% warscore, but they won’t take it even though it’s less. Fezzan is mine!

22 April – Since Tunis cannot capture anything more from Fezzan or Touggourt, they take peace for War Reparations and all their cash.

Now I have to recapture Touggourt’s capital

13 June – Fezzan falls! I take:

17.8 badboy. Now I have put Fezzan in my orbit and Tunisia cannot remove them later.

Then I annex all of Touggourt 8 days later when my diplomat returns:

9.3 badboy total. Just Djerid between us.

I spend 74 ADM Power coring them. High for just three 3 dev holdings. My new lands have one good trade good:

Biskra – Arid, 3 dev, Highlands, wool sheared here, next to Tunis and Djerid, and north of us, Sunni and Berber culture, they make for us nothing right now.

Touggourt – The good one, middle , next to Djerid, their former capital, Spices are traded here! Algerian Sunnis make us nothing now, Desert, 3 dev, Arid, north of Ouargla and south of Biskra

Ouargla
– This Slave trading province has 3 dev, Desert, the accepted Berber culture and Ibadi faith makes us 0.03. Next to Djerid, south of Touggourt, Arid.

Fezzan – I spend prestige making nice and dropping their revolt risk. I had to take Fezzan off the board so Tunis won’t bring them in before I can get there in this war or in a future one now that they don’t have an army after losing it to Tunis. Now they can rebuild with time for their military. My hope is to swap their faith to Ibadi, marry them, and then eventually dip annex them after I bring in Djerid. Now I need to grab Djerid

Also note that I took out my competition for Algiers, now only us can form it.

Old 02-02-2023, 07:49 AM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Two - A New Rival Arrives

My new rival is Djerid. I order my army to Touggourt to help against rebels there. When my diplomat returns I’ll start building a spy network in Djerid I need to take it down as fast as possible, ignoring badboy, because I need to beat Tunis to base Fezzan. They are allied with Tlemcen

2 July - It looks like Morocco aren’t going to ally with me since I am allied with their rival which is a -50 to allying. I pull my Moroccan making nice and begin to make nice with Fezzan

2 Aug – Djerid announced me as a rival

15 Aug – Royal Marriage with Fezzan

30 Sept – New Heir – Hassan, 3/4/2 – not bad

25 Jan, 1448 – Event – Nobles Clash – rather than get a noble rebellion I spend 25 DIP power.

2 April - Fezzan changes it’s faith to Ibadi. This increases it’s liberty desire from 0 to 27%.

1 Aug – I claim Djerid’s capital Qafsah. I move my army around

15 Aug – Army check –

Army Check:

Us – 6k, 5k infantry, 1k cavalry

Fezzan – 3k

Tlemcen, the mutual ally of us and Djerid, 8k

I can take them out with 4k mercs that cost 19.64 to hire and then they’ll arrive in 10 days. With my cash from Fezzan I’d probably be losing around .50 per month, I could DOW Djerid, take their things quickly and then move to Tlemcen, beat their army, grab some holdings and then just take peace with Djerid and reestablish our alliance with Tlemcen later.

I declare war on Djerid for Qafsah

Old 02-02-2023, 12:09 PM   #17
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

CLIFFHANGER!
Old 02-02-2023, 12:15 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Three - The Mzab/Djerid and Tlemcen War

I order my 6k from Ouargla to their 4k in Ghadames

I hire 4k mercs there

27 Aug - Our mercs arrive.

10 Sept – We rout the Djeridi army in Ghadames, I order 1k kept here and then the rest to their capital of Qafsah where the mercs are ordered.

2 Oct – Tlemcen arrives in our capital and begins a siege

10 Oct -Ghadames is ours, I order this army to Qafsah where they’ll rejoin my army.

24 Oct- All three captures are cored!

1 Nov – Stability rises to +3

24 Nov – I accept an alliance offer from Morocco, they must see me at war with Tlemcen and re ready to help.

18 Dec – Morocco declares war on a distracted Tlemcen.

I need to help Tlemcen deal with them

17 April, 1449 – I accept military access for Morocco

27 June – Qafsah falls, I order this force to break the siege in Mzab

I have a warscore of 30%, I’ll keep pushing

Missionary ordered to Biskra

23 July - We arrive in Mzab to relieve the siege

9 Aug -We win and get a +5 warscore. I order my two armies next into Tlemcen.

Since Morocco is at war with Tlemcen I want to grab some adjacent lands before Morocco grabs them all.

12 Sept – Morocco captured one before I could. I disband my mercs

21 Sept – I capture a minor holding called Titteri

I have a warscore of 37%

I do the three I can capture and then peace:

We have 13 badboy from these three holdings.

I accept

I spend 94 ADM Power coring these three holdings:

Djerdi:

Qafsah – Capital, south and west of Tunis, north of Ghadames, east of us. Tunisian culture, Sunni faith, Desert, Salt trade here, 5 dev, Arid, 0.01 made here, Salt is solid worth 3.0.

Ghadames
- South of Qafsah, connects us and Fezzan, south of Tunis, east of Fezzan in Sabha, west of our expansion in Ouargia, Desert here too, 3 dev, Desert, the valuable Spices trade here, Sunni and Tunisian, Arid, they made 0.02.

We had lower dev, both Desert, Arid, Sunni, but nice trade goods.

Tlemcen:

Titteri – Next to Tlemcen, Tunis, north of us at Laghoaut, Highlands, 3 dev, Sunni faith, Algerian culture, just grain is grown here, not Arid, 0.03 made here.

Morocco remains at war with Tlemcen.

Nice three addition, now I’ll turn my attention to Tlemcen

I rival Tlemcen

I order this army to Qafsah

You can see how low my cash got with mercs.

Old 02-02-2023, 12:16 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
CLIFFHANGER!

ANSWERED!

Old 02-02-2023, 04:07 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Four - A Fake Algiers

1 Nov – I now own all four holdings in my capital’s state, so I can spend 50 DIP power to Invite Minorities from Abroad.

30 Nov – Event – A Talented Judge – I promote him to Qadi in the region of Ouled Nail, and for 15 years I get -2 unrest, -20% construction cost

23 June, 1450 – Conversion in Laghout! Next is Touggourt

2 Sept – Tunis has declared war on Tlemcen too

24 Oct – Morocco controls every Tlemcen holding

27 Oct – Peace – They take next to us Kasdir and then everything but two for Tunis to finish off, and then Algiers is released and are next to us. I cannot form them while they exist

14 Nov – Tunis announces Aragon as a rival

12 Dec – Algiers rivals us, I reciprocate

I order my army to Titteri where we could declare war on the unallied Algiers and then annex their two holdings. I need to takeout Algiers now, luckily I have a claim on them

I order 1k in Laghouat. Algiers has a 5k army with no general to my 6k now 7k on the way.

1 Jan, 1451 – The Renaissance institution has arrived

4 Jan – Naples announced Tunis as a rival

8 Jan – My army arrives in Titteri, I DOW Algiers, and they don’t have an ally so I don’t call Morocco. I want to get these myself.

Old 02-02-2023, 08:03 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Five - The Mzab/Algiers War

I order my 6k into adjacent Ouarsenis a no-fort minor holding.

28 Jan - I arrive and their army moved from their capital next to me, so I am fighting them

8 Feb – We win the Battle of Ouarsenis!

Our general gained the Battlefield Medic trait

I chase their army to their capital

9 Feb – Our 1k is built and I order it to Ouarsenis.

27 Feb- Qafsah is a core!

2 Mar – I win a minor skirmish in their capital and order my army back to Ouarsenis

20 Mar – Another minor skirmish won another move back to their capital

23 Mar – Tunis DOW’s Algiers

29 Mar - We rout their army. I split my armies and move to Quarsenis

I have a warscore of 19 just from battles.

28 April – Ghadames is cored

9 May – Quarsenis falls I order this army back to their capital

14 May – I was warned by Tunis not to go to war, that means my next war is Tunis.

14 June – A Mission is finished:

High Income – I get for 25 years -10% con times and -25% con costs.

July 22 – Tunis arrives at the siege of the Algiers capital

1 Aug - Since my army is away at war I spend 30 MIL to brutally repress a rebellion so it drops by 30%.

1 Jan, 1452 – Our Imam gains the Careful trait which reduces aggressive expansion aka badboy by 10%

24 May – Dahra falls! I captured it and have a warscore of 100!

What am I taking?

I can bring in both for just 12.7 badboy, so I do so. 70 to core it. TIttari that stopped in a war against someone with a core there will start again. See my low cash?

Here are my two new provinces:

Ouarsenis - Connects Tittari to Dahra, east of Morocco, west of Tunis, 5 dev, Livestock raised here, Highlands, Berber culture, Sunni faith, not Arid here either, it’s a core of mine and our war goal, 0.01 made here.

Dahra –
One of the key provinces I need to make Algiers, this was the one that Tlemcen had. Coastal, next to Morocco, Tunis, and us. 9 dev, Drylands, Castle is built here, the Shia and Algerian are farmers growing grain and not Arid and it makes for us 0.01 here monthly.

Cores are ordered and ready to rock. I order my army to Quarsenis to play defense against the rebels from it or Dahra or Tittari

Old 02-03-2023, 12:04 AM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Six - Another Rival Steps In

1 June – I rival Tunis. They are my next army. I need to take the two holdings east of Dahra and coastal to become Algiers.

2 July – I send a diplomat to make nice with the Mamluks since I have cores on Tunis from my Holy war earlier. I’ll be next to them if I annex Fezzan so I want them to like me. 
19 July – Titteri is now cored!

1 Mar, 1453 – I now have a +190 relations with Fezzan, can I annex them? I pull back my diplomat from the Mamluks

26 Mar – I cannot annex until 13 June in 1457 so in a few years. I send this diplomat back to the Mamluks.

31 July – 7k Algerian Separatists crossed over from Morocco into Dahra I order my army to them

24 Aug – We beat the Rebels but lost a few thousand since we were the same size stack

1 Oct – Ouarsenis is now a core!!

13 Oct – Biskra converts! Next is the Spices of Ghadames

I make a state with Titteri and Ouarsenis called Hautes Plains and I spend 35 ADM to turn them fully fleshed out.

30 Dec – Dahra is cored! All cores are done!

2 Jan, 1454 – I turn Dahra into the Barbary Coast state – I spend 45 ADM power

1 April – Touggourt converts! Next is the Salt of Qafsah.

19 June – Border Friction Event – My people don’t like my alliance with Morocco and they are agitating for us to push our claim – I can make nice and lose 33 Dip, keep my claim and have relations drop with Morocco 50 or lose my claim on Kasdir. I choose the last.

1 July – I lose my casus belli on Morocco

1 Aug – relations maxed with Fezzan but I stay there until the Annexation is ready in a few years

1 Sept – With a +78 relations I max with the Mamluks and pull back my diplomat

21 Sept – I send my diplomat to make nice with Granada in Iberia

11 Nov, 1454 – That was a busy 10 years!

Old 02-03-2023, 07:51 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Seven - New Techs

1 Jan, 1455- Two New Techs, our first ones!

ADMIN TECH 4 – Temples – I can build Mosques which increase tax revenue, which I don’t have much of.

MIL TECH 4 – Pike Square – I get +0.25 Military Tactic and +.50 Military Morale

Tunis has a level 3 military tech, so this would be a good time to declare war on them.

Tunis is allied with Morocco so I would want to lose them and Granada. What I could do is DOW a minor, and then push back when Tunis DOWs me back.

1 May – New Tech:

DIP TECH 4 – Marketplace - +10 trade range and I can build Marketplaces.

22 May – Granada announces me as a rival, I rival them back.

I call back my making nice diplomat

30 May – I send it to make nice with the Turks

When I annex Fezzan, they are next to an unclaimed land for colonizing. Just as an FYI, but I’m not sure this is a colonial dynasty. I have a naval forcelimit of 12, by the by, I’d have to build 9 ships from one dock to explore.

I’ll probably do something like the military power using Quality Ideas instead to make my troops better to help ensure that I’ll win battles, but going south down the route between the Sahara on either side and into two unclaimed provinces before hitting south people would make sense. And then I could have a Conquistador on my army to explore without a huge navy I cannot afford right now.

1 Jan, 1456 – Mosque ordered for Dahra

2 Feb - Event: Foreign Inventor – A Tunisian brilliant inventor has arrived. I choose not to put him up and gain 10 prestige rather than negative with Tunis and Morocco

1 April – Oman is no more and one Ibadi friend is off the map. Pate is still around.

Old 02-03-2023, 12:17 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Eight - What to do with Nobles?

1 Jan, 1457 – This is the year that I can annex Fezzan

1 April – 5k Algerian Rebellion in Titteri, I order my force over from next door.

24 April – Defeated I lost 1.6k

5 June – I pull my Turk making nice diplomat with a +77 ratio.

25 June – The diplomat arrives and I send it to Fezzan. Wanna join?

Yes! This will take until February 1459. We’ll lose 5 DIP power per month for around 95 expected cost

I pull my relations improvement diplomat from Fezzan.

3 July – And I send it to enter into Royal Marriage with the Mamluks, nice before we go next to them!

23 July – I send this diplomat to make nice with Morocco let’s keep them happy

25 Aug – Ghadames converts! Next is Dahra.

5 Feb, 1458 – Event: Land Tech Research Useless – I choose to lose 10 prestige over 100 MIL power.

1 Mar – I can enact government reform:

I can chose Noble Privileges, here are my options:

Strengthen Them - +15% manpower, +10 Amir influence
Curtail Them - +15% National tax revenue, -10 Amir Influence
Grant Noble Castle Rights - -20% Fort Maintenance, +5 Amir influence
Compromise with the Nobility - -10% Stability cost modifier
Noble Officer Corps - +0.25 Yearly Army Tradition; +0.20 Yearly Army Professionalism, +5% Amir’s Influence

All of those are strong. I feel like the best are Curtail and Strengthen, since cash now and manpower later are pretty strong. Hmm…I need to squeeze money I choose Curtail.

31 May – Qafsah converts! Next is Titteri!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-03-2023 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:20 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Nine - Annexing Fezzan

1 Feb, 1459 – I annex the four holdings of Fezzan!

Sabha –Next to Ghadames, and south of Tunis, north of Fezzan, west of Juthra, Livestock raised here, just 3 dev, Desert, Arid, 0.03 made here, Sunni and Tunisian

Fezzan – Former capital, south of Sabha and Jufra, north of the unclaimed holding of Tajarhi a 3 dev Desert likely Livestock too. Desert, 3 dev, Arid, Sunni, Tunisian, Ivory traders, make us .01.

Juthra – North of Fezzan, east of Sabha, west of Sirt, south of Tunis, makes us 0.05 with Livestock, 3 dev, Arid, it has a Sufi Shrine so it’s -2 unrest, +2 tax income and +.10 monthly autonomy change. Sunni and Tunisian.

Sirt – Connects Juthra to Mamluks to the east, west is Tunis, coastal, Fish are caught here, 3 dev, Desert, Arid, Sunni and Tunisian, make us 0.01.

3000 troops, all infantry, I order them to join my main army in Ouarsenis

And now we have finished our first goal! We have taken all of the smaller minors off the map, and have cutoff the big bad of Tunis. And we have three bonus holdings from Tlemcen.

Hopefully the Mamluks won’t come our way anytime soon

Have you noticed just how poor this region is?

How many 3 dev Desert Arid holdings there are? I’m glad I didn’t need to take those four low value in war with a big ADM Coring.

11 Feb – I keep my Fezzan diplomat back for emergencies I have nothing left to make nice with and claims on Tunis already if you’ll recall from my theocracy Holy War.

Now I want to declare war on Tunis, and I don’t care about Granada, but I don’t want Morocco leaving me, and I am not next to anyone to DOW to get them to attack me on their own, so I need to expand south and DOW something there.

I make the Fezzan state.

2 July – With relations of 180 I max with Morocco and pullback. I send this to build a spy network in Tunis for no major reason.

8 Feb, 1460 – Event: Shady People – I get better spy network construction for a while

2 May – Tunis has declared war on us for Biskra, Morocco does not join them nor do they join us, they are now at peace with both of us. That’s a smart play by Tunis to isolate me, they tried to get our lands when we were attacked Fezzen, Tlemcen, Algiers, and more and always DOWd who I am playing against, and then I am just overextended and you bring a battle and my ally stays on the sideline.

This could be bad.

Old 02-03-2023, 07:51 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Ten - The Tunisian War of Aggresion

I order a 4k merc unit in Ouarsensis to join my 10k here. I’ll wait until it arrives.

Tunis – 11k, we have 10k and will be joined by our 4k mercs before moving in

I order 10k into next to me Mitija

13 May – Mercs are here I order them to join me there.

24 May - They are sieging Qafsah

I order my 14k to redirect to Touggourt

5 July – They capture Biskra

22 July – I capture Hodna

23 Aug – We win the Battle of Laghouat we lost a few thousand.

12 Oct – I recapture Biskra

14 Oct – I begin to siege their Castle of Kef

3 Dec – The minor of Kabylia is ours

19 Jan, 1461 – I capture the minor of Mitija which I need to make Algiers.

13 April – Their army is back in Biskra

11 May – Biskra falls

19 June – The Siege of Kef is over and we captured it! Our war score jumped from 10 to 27.

Now I move to chase down their army

2 Aug – Another minor falls to me

8 Sept – The minor of Annaba falls to me

20 Oct – Another minor falls

28 Oct - I win the Battle of Kabalia

I can get a new tech:

ADMIN 5 – National Ideas - +2% Production and our first Group of ideas – I choose Exploration.

30 Nov – Another minor falls

17 Dec – I recapture Biskra, I order my army to their Capital Tunis

4 Jan, 1462 -Another minor falls

3 Mar – Titteri converts! Next is Fezzan

11 April – I win a battle in Touggourt

17 May - I begin a siege of Tunis

22 May - The Mamluks offer me an alliance. I take it!

17 June – I capture a minor

30 June – I rout their army in Tunis.

63% warscore

23 July – I capture the minor of Tripoli

4 Aug – Tunis falls!

99% warscore, I cannot get higher since I cannot touch their navies

What can I get?

This is a defensive war, so my aggressive expansion won’t be as bad.

Here are my top shots first that make Algiers:

Mitijia – 12 badboy and 15 warscore

Kabylia – 5 badboy, 10 warscore

Hodna – Connects us to Kabylia – 3 badboy, 6 warscore

Annaba – Up the coast from Kabylia – 2 badboy, 7 score

Qusitaneh - 3 badboy, 10 warscore, inland of Annaba and connects us.

Those five are 25.9 badboy and 48 warscore.

Now what about the low dev east flank near former Fezzan?

Thunaqt – 1 badboy, 6 score – coastal flank

Tripoli – 3 badboy, 9 warscore, next to it

Zuwareh – Coastal next to Tripoli, 2 badboy, 6 warscore

Kef – Fortress, internal, next to Qafsah – 4 and 7 –

Those 9 are 35.8 badboy and 76 warscore, can I do anything else?

I can get one more before coalitions start

Tataouine - Next to Zuwareh, 6 score, 3 badboy

Here’s the total –

Just 38.2 in a defensive war. Ready? I take it.

I disband my mercs. I order cores for Mitija, Kabylia renamed Tamurt Leqbayal, Annaba, Hodna, Kef, Qusatineh, Tripoli

West Flank -

Mitijia – Algerian, Sunni, 14 dev, Drylands, grain grower, coastal, Marketplace, Mosque, Algerian, Sunni, Natural Harbor, makes us 0.36

Kabylia named Tamurt Leqbayal – Berber, Sunni, Iron Mining, 8 dev, Highlands, 0.17 made here

Hodna – Connects us to Kabylia – 3 dev, Salt, Highlands, Algerian, Sunni, make us nothing

Annaba – Up the coast from Kabylia – Naval Supplies, 5 dev, Highlands, coastal, Berber, Sunni, .08 made here, next to Tunis.

Qusitaneh -inland of Annaba and connects us and Kef. Grain farmers, Highlands, Sunni, Berber, 0.02, 8 dev,

Kef – Fortress, internal, next to Qafsah. 5 dev, Highlands, next to Tunis, ,Sunni, wool made, Tunisian culture,

East Flank -

Thunaqt – coastal flank, 3 dev, Coastal Desert, Cloth is made here, Sunni, 0.04, Tunisian, Arid

Tripoli- Next to Thunaqt, Arid, Natural Harbor, Coastal Desert, 5 dev, cloth made here too, Tunisian, Sunni, 0.12 made here.

Zuwareh – Coastal next to Tripoli, Coastal Desert, 3 dev, Ibadi faith! Tunisian culture, Arid, nothing made here. Fishing.

Tataouine - Next to Zuwareh, Strait to island called Djerba, next to Tunis, Sunni, Tunisian, Coastal Desert, Arid, 3 dev, grain, 0.04 made here

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-03-2023 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:20 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Eleven - The People's Consort

I finished a Mission to Expand:

I gain +1 tax, production and manpower in Mzab
For 25 years -`10% construction and dev costs.

I am about ready to form Algiers!

When will this mega high warscore peace treaty end? Dec 1475 so more than a decade from now. Not too bad.

Tunis could be taken out in just one more war. The big issue here is that people can attack a coastal person they are at war with and so they could DOW Tunis with a Deus Vult that lets them DOW any religion not your own. What I need is to get to the spot that I can retake it!

In my war against Tlemcen and their ally I lost my ally but Morocco offered me an alliance. Now Morocco didn’t join me defensively, but the Mamluks came knocking so I am still post war with a big local ally. They are way too powerful to go after, so I am heading south with my colony, north back to Tunis again, and then I suspect eventually west to Morocco, but not for a while. Since we are no longer allied. Next could be islands in the Mediterranean Sea or after Morocco Iberia.

So my goal now is to wait a few years, finish coring, bring in all of my cores, begin to send Missionaries, and then after I purchase 2nd Exploration Idea which gives me a colonist head south of Fezzan. And then claim Algiers after coring my two new additions, and then that should help us loads. So peace for a while to rebuild my manpower and take care of rebels and then core and colonize and stuff.

22 Aug -Tunis declares us a rival. Way too late there.

I order my 2k troops to Fezzan to get a Conquistador

16 Sept – I claim Tunis’s island of Djerba with a Castle and then their capital and Center of Trade Tunis.

1 Oct - Our heir gains the Charismatic Negotiator trait which gives him +1 Dip reputation

1 Nov – Dahra converts! Next is Sabha

Core ordered for Thubaqt

15 Nov – Event – Noble Family Requests Aid – I accept, spent 15 cash, and then gain 10 loyalty from the Amir estate

1 Dec – I order a Mosque in Oaursenis

18 Dec – Event – National Epic – We publish it and gain +1 prestige annually for 20 years but it costs 25 cash

1 Jan, 1463 - Core ordered in Tatauine which is 15 costing. One left!

20 Feb – Castille’s Civil war ended

1 June - At a cost of 30, core ordered for Zuwarah – and that’s everything started

1 Sept – I claim Tunis’s Bizerte

30 Oct – Event: A Consort of the People – Our consort is -2 unrest until she dies

Old 02-03-2023, 11:55 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twelve - Becoming Algiers

1 Jan, 1464 – We get our first Idea!

Exploration Idea #1 -Quest for the New World – We can hire Conquistadors for army and Explorers for navy

I hire a Conquistador for my army in Fezzan and send it south with 2k

14 Feb – A bunch of cores are finished:

Mitija
Tamurt Leqbayel
Kef
Hodna

That’s cores on my Algiers stuff

I form Algiers – here is what will happen:

Here’s my new nation and flag zoomed out:

I formed it in less than 20 years!

Our new capital is Mitija 14 dev, I now accept Algerian as my culture, and we are now a kingdom so I get another diplomat which I send to build a spy network with Morocco.

I complete a Mission:

Conquer New States:

I get -25% state maintenance and -33% brutal repression for rebels for 25 years

I gain claims on Morocco

1 Mar – I can now DOW Morocco for territory

29 Mar – I discover Djardo south of Tajarahi and the natives are attacking me

11 April – Morocco announces me as a rival

17 April – More cores completed:

Annaba
Tripoli
Qusatinah

I order states

24 April – We win in Djardo, I head south

17 June – I discover a holding by Air south of Djardo

2 July – Two more cores – Tatauine and Thuraqt

14 Sept – Another Air holding here and I’ve gone as far south as I can go

1 Oct – I promote Tunisian to be an accepted culture at the cost of some DIP power

1 Nov – Now that I am in positive money after cores and states and culture shifts, I order an exploration fleet of 3 of each type of ships and 3 transports to carry my army.

I become Defender of the Faith – this gives me:

1 extra Missionary which I send to Ouarsenis

26 Nov – Naples names us a rival

8 Dec – Zuwareh cored, everything is now a core!

Old 02-04-2023, 07:33 AM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Thirteen - A New Heir is Born

12 April, 1467 - New heir is born! Meet Abu Tashufun, 4/2/0 Uh oh

16 May – Our spy in Morocco was discovered

30 Aug – Mission done, next is West African Coast

1 Nov – Exploration Idea #2 – I can get colonists! My dip should be going up much faster now and we’ll get these faster. I choose native repressions. I have several options-

Tajarhi – Next to Fezzan, three dev, cleared of natives, but just a desert

Or I could wait until finishing the exploration to see what I can uncover on the coast. Let’s do that.

19 Jan, 1468 - Our mission finishes, next is North Atlantic Sea

I found Cape Verde and Arguin on the Saharan coast of Africa. My range is 192 and that won’t hit Arguin. I could do Tenerife an islands connected to Castile and then core it and use it to grab Cape in the future.

Let’s do it, and Tenerife Is the best dev at 5 but not great trade good options. After I can sell it to Castile

1 April – I claim Tunis’s Kairwan

I pull this to make nice with Castile

18 May – Tenerife sets up

14 Sept – Mosque ordered for Mzab

2 Nov – Event – Good Supplies – We get -10% Ship cost. I build more ships

17 Dec – Diplomat in Morocco caught again

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-04-2023 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:40 AM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Fourteen - Alliance with Portugal

1 Jan, 1469 – I invite a scholar for 20 years from the Shafi’I school that gives me another merchant that I send to collect in Safi

I make 0.56 there

8 Feb – Mission is up, next is North Atlantic Coast

5 July – Tatauine converts! Next is Sirt

11 Aug- Exploration mission finished, next is the Caribbean Sea

I pull my Moroccan Spy network to make nice with Portugal, they are riveled to Morocco and have a positive view of us. I’d love to bring them in with an alliance

12 Sept – Juthra converts! Next is Hodna

1 Dec – With a 61 I pull my diplomat from Castile and make nice with Air

7 Jan, 1470 – Royal Marriage with the Turks.

4 Feb - Portugal has entered a Golden Era

1 Mar -Granada cannot be a rival anymore, next I choose my only option, Genoa

21 October – Exploration done, next is nothing, I need a new base to explore like Tenerife

8 Nov – I now have more ships built to get to my naval force limit of 16,I need 20 to get my Mission.

Here’s my ships:

5 Early Carrack Big Ships – the tanks
3 Barque Light Ships – these protect trade or pirate
3 Galleys that are galley type
5 Cogs – Transports

Total – 16

10 Oct – Tripoli converts! Next is Kabylia

7 Nov – Event – Build a Great Palace – I spend 23 cash and get 10 prestige and 20 legitimacy

22 Nov – Aragon is at war with the big three and I decline military access because I don’t want them in Tunis.

2 Dec – Portugal is willing to enter into an alliance!

Here, see:

They love my navy, mutual rivals, and I need an ally to check Morocco that’s closer and can stuff on time to the big three. They are also allied with Castile so hopefully they won’t attack Tenerife after it’s built up.

Portugal’s Army – 15k.

17 Dec -I decline military access request from Castile who are also at war with the big three.

Old 02-04-2023, 01:35 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Fifteen - Considering War

7 Jan, 1471 – Tunis claims one of my holdings

1 Aug – I have two acts I can pass-

Denouncement of Sect Practices – Until Hassan passes, I get -1 national unrest, I grab it

Enforce Religious Unity – Missionary Str vs Heretics until he dies is +2, I pass it as well

28 Sept – I accept an offer of Knowledge Sharing with Portugal

1 Jan, 1472 – With 160 relations we max with Portugal, next is making nice with Mamluks

1 Feb – With relations of 90 I pull my diplomat from Air. Next is making nice with Jolof in West Africa.

1 Mar – Exploration Idea #3 – Overseas Exploration – I get a nasty +50% colonial range which is now probably enough to get to Cape Verde but Portugal is there now. With the boosted range my Explorer can do more and I send him to the coast of the Caribbean Sea.

Remember that my Berber Ideas unlock every three, so I also got Barbary Pirates - +25% Naval Forcelimit, so I have 20k and I could build another 4, but I cannot afford the upkeep right now. 4 light ships that pirate should be a nice addition to my navy and finish my Mission to build a Raiding Fleet, buti cannot see that happening long term.

I choose a naval doctrine to do boarding which increases our chance of capturing ships in combat

I have built my army to my max forcelimit of 16k

Is now the time to DOW Morocco and their two allies Tunis and Granada who are at war with Castille, Aragon and Navara?

Our Team is at peace

Us – 16k
Mamluks – 37k
Portugal – 18k

Our Foes at War:

Tunis – 7k, not fighting at home, I have not given them military access
Morocco – 28k
Granada – 1k

Us – I can hire 4k mercs and that’s 20 for me so our total is 57k from Africa and 18k from Iberia for a total of 75k

Them – 36k

Morocco is the wild card, since they would be the defender.

Here’s what I’d like to do in this plan. Move my two 16k armies to the Castle of Kef next to their holding with 7k. Hire 4k mercs there in Kef. DOW Morocco, move 20k into their holding and grab all of their stuff including their capital.

Then the Mamluks can move in while I take Tunis and rout their army and then win that and then get enough war score in a separate war with Tunis to take it out or really sandblast it in a separate peace, then move to Morocco and grab a holding or two from them and then call peace while Portugal comes from the north and smashes Granada

Several weaknesses with this plan:

1. Ternate – Morocco has captured the next door Castilian holding on the islands and then they could capture and burn down Ternate since it’s a colony. That would be rough
2. Ceuta – Portugal has a holding in Morocco called Ceuta that would be exposed and now available for capture.
3. Our Moroccan flank – Morocco are not going to sit back while we blitz Tunis on our flank and Granada in Iberia. They are coming my way, and we need to be ready for a major counterattack while my main army is tied up in Tunis.

Those are three major weaknesses. Is it worth the risk?

This is a great chance at war with Iberia but they still have 28k to my 20k in two armies with my mercs. That’s bad math. Military tech? They have 4 to our 5, good for us.

Granada is just one province away from being fully captured, and when it falls, it could be taken by Castille and then annexed and the war concluded, so this window might be closing.

What do I do?

I order my two armies to Kef in case it makes sense later.

I could take it, but taking Tunis costs twice as much since they are an ally. My peace with Tunis ends in three years I could wait until then and then DOW them. Or I could wait until Iberia was in Morocco besieging them.

Let’s wait either for a better alternative or the peace with Tunis to end.

I order some more men assembled to get ready for my first war against Morocco

26 June – Sirt converts, next is Mitija my capital.

1 July – Tenerife is good for Fish

New Tech:

ADMIN TECH 6 – Workshops – I can build Workshops and Farm Estates and Ramparts

25 July – Hodna converts, next is Qustantineh

4 Aug – Event – Marriageable Women flock to Ternate, +200 people and improved development

22 Oct – Exploration Mission done, next is North Atlantic Coast

5 Nov – Event – Excellent Year – I get +1200 manpower

Old 02-04-2023, 03:42 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Sixteen - The First Algiers/Morocco and Tunis War, The Tunis Flank

1 Jan, 1473 – My diplomat maxed relations in Mamluks

12 Jan – Portugal has joined the war and 35 Castilian troops have crossed to siege Morocco so I am now in a different spot now than a few months ago. I DOW Morocco for Kasdir

The Wars

Us, Mamluks – vs Morocco and Tunis.

I order my unified army into the Tunisian holding of Bizerte

I order a merc army assembled in Kef.

9 Feb - I win in the Castle of Kairwan next to Kef and they had around 4k survive I chase them down, I cannot so I start the siege here

14 Mar- I give military access to Portugal

21 Mar- My mercs have arrived in Kairwan

31 Mar – 14k Morocco troops are in my border

1 May – Tenerife – Coastline, 8 dev, Fishing here, Ibadi Algerian making us 0.03, I send these colonists to Tajarhi rather than something I’ve discovered.

They are sieging Dahra with 15k and have 14k in Titteri

16 May - I capture a minor in Tunis

29 May – They are besieging Mitija

3 June – Exploration Mission done, next is West African Sea

10 June – Another Tunisian minor falls

13 June – Kabylia converts! Next is Thubaqt

By the by the Mamluks are besieging Djerba

30 Sept- 18k Mamluks troops arrive in Kabylia and Morocco is fleeing from the siege of our capital which is next door.

20 Oct -- Tunis captures Ouarenesis

27 Oct – The Siege of Kairwan is over!

I order:

1k next door to Susa

3k into Tunis to hold the siege in my name to keep Mamluks troops moving this way to hold,

The rest west to Dahra

10 Nov – They capture Dahra before I could arrive, I keep going

8 Dec – Susa is ours

19 Dec - We arrive next to Dahra and Morocco are in Ouarsenis so I send in my combined forces

26 Jan, 1474 – We win the battle

I have a warscore of 14%

1 Mar – Relations maxed with Jolof, next is Songhai now next to Air and us when we go south

5 Mar – Ouarsensis is ours

8 June – Exploration mission finished

Next is West African Sea Coast

18 June – We capture Tunis!

I have a warscore of 94 with Tunis. What do I want?

I can do Tunis and Kairwan that connects us but they’ll join a coalition. I do it:

I order this 3k to the west flank

I spend 266 ADM Power to core them – Tunis was 188. It’s a big prize

Old 02-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Seventeen - The First Algiers/Morocco and Tunis War, The Morocco Flank

22 June – I get an interesting alliance offer from the Turks. Take it? I do

That treaty expires March 1487

4 Oct- I capture the minor of Kasdir from Morocco

10 Oct -We recapture Dahra

18 Oct – Conversion in Qusanineh next is Kef

20 Nov – Oran the minor in Morocco falls

I order my army to join the Mamluk siege in the Castle of Tilimsan

1 Dec - Tajahir is good for raising Livestock.

25 Jan, 1475 – Exploration mission finished! I found a bunch of open places on the West African coast

18 April – Tilimsan falls and we have a 25 warscore

24 April – Event : People Flee to the Colonies – I lose some DIP power and Tajahir grows by 300

25 May – One Moroccan minor is ours

30 May – Conversion in Thubaqt! Next is Annaba

3 June – Another minor falls, I have a war score of 28%, what can I get to leave for Iberia?

Kasdir – Wartarget, 3 badboy, 4 score

Castle of Tilimsan – 12 badboy, 13 warscore

Oran - 7 and 8 respectively

Those three are:

22.5 badboy, 25 score, and then only Tunis cares.

I do the deal. I disband my mercs, I spend 147 coring these three. This peace ends 1483.

Let’s look at my 5 new captures:

Tunis:

Tunis – The big prize. Center of Trade, Mosque, 15 dev, Drylands, Natural Harbor, Cloth Trade, Tunisian culture and Sunni faith, makes us 0.60 monthly

Kairwan
– Castle, next to Tunis the province, the nation and us, Highlands, 11 dev, Grain farmed here, 0.32 made here, Tunisian Sunnis

Morocco:

Kasdir – Highlands, 3 dev, Livestock, Sunni Berber, nothing made here. Next to Tilimsan and Morocco.

Tilimsan - Castle, 13 Dev, Mosque, Highlands, Cloth trade, Emporium, Berber, Sunni making us 0.07

Oran – Coastal, next to Tilimsan and Morocco – Cloth making, 7 dev Drylands, Algerian Sunnis, 0.03 made here.

Old 02-04-2023, 08:24 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Eighteen - Bureaucratic Wonders

14 June – I split off 5k from my main army and assign my Conquistador again and I’ll send to West Africa for my next colony.

I’ll keep my main army here in Tilimsan for rebel purposes

Portugal took Tangiers and Fez from Morocco

Granada was annexed by Castile.

29 June - Our capital Mitija converts! Next is Ouarsenis

7 Oct – My army arrives at Beefada next to Jolof

2 Dec – Exploration Idea #4 – Land of Opportunity - +10% Global Settler Chance

20 Dec – Tunis and Kairwan are cores!

1 Jan, 1476 – Another Government Reform!

This is for Bureaucracy I have a massive 7 options.

What do I like?

Colonial Companies - +5% Settler Chance, -100% Minority Expulsion cost

Decentralized Bureaucracy - +2 promoted cultures, minimum autonomy in territories -5%

I like the Cultures for when you head out of this area. I like the companies for their colonial help.

I chose the Cultures one.

I pull my colonists from Tajareh, and send them to Beefada, next to Jolof. It’ll be a few years but we need to fight against European colonization and we’ll likely lose some cash.

15 Jan – I kill the natives there

1 Feb – Castille is entering a Golden Age

7 Feb – Event Foreign Inventor I make nice with Castile and raise relations 50

10 April – Colonists set up in Beefada, my colonial maintenance rose from 2 monthly to 6, an additional 4 and I am losing cash.

1 June – Uh oh. Our Imam gained the Loose Lips trait. That hurts defending against spies

I max relations with Songhai with a 93, I recall and send a diplomat to make nice with Naples and build a spy network with Morocco

13 Nov – Kef converts! Next is Tunis.

12 Dec - Exploration mission finished, next is Atlantic South American Coast

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-04-2023 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:06 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Nineteen - Setting Up a Penal Colony

9 Jan, 1477 – All three Moroccan takings are cored! All five are done!

17 June – Event – Penal Colony in Beefada - Do I want to set one up? I get +3 local unrest but +10% settler chance. I do it.

26 June – Annaba converts, next is Kairwan

25 July – Ouarsenis converts, next is Tilimsan.

1 Sept – Mission finishes, next is South Atlantic Sea

1 Dec – Rebellion in Oran, I order my army to it

30 Dec – Defeated!

2 Jan, 1478 – We embrace the Renaissance!

I get -5% construction and dev costs, and we lose our tech penalties. I can get:

MIL TECH 6 – The Arquebus – We get a lot of stuff - +2 combat width, 0.25 tactics, infantry fire +.20, shock +0.30, and we can build barracks and get the Shaybanid Cavalry. I order upgrades.

1 Feb – Tunis is no longer a valid rival, my next is The Papal States

12 Mar - Event - A New Settlement in Beefada – It grows by 100

1 May - I claim Morocco’s Figuig

1 June – Tunisian Separatist Rebellion in Tunis, I’m next door in Kairwan, I head in

18 June – Rebellion defeated.

1 Aug - Our relations in Naples maxed, next is making nice with Benin

I get my first Age of Discovery that lasts until the Age ends. I am choosing this:

Higher Developed Colonies – All of my colonies will get +1 to all three devs when they are finished.

Old 02-05-2023, 12:36 AM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty - The Algiers Golden Age Begins

4 Jan, 1479 – I can start a Golden Age – Check it out here:

The Algiers Golden Age lasts 50 years with those benefits. Nice!

1 Mar – New Tech:

ADMIN TECH 7 – Renaissance Thought – I get…another group of ideas! What do I want to do?

I cannot take Dip ideas like Trade that gives us merchants and better ability to use them or Diplomatic with more diplomats. I could grab…

Admin Ideas:

Expansion
- And then get another colonist with the first Idea. It also gives me another merchant, and then a third colonist later. Right now no one is in Brazil so I could gobble that up while also expanding in Africa.

Admin Ideas – Admin has a bunch of boost for hiring merc, which I do most big wars. It also gets the ability to increase your governing capacity for states by +25%. That’s strong for a big expander like me.

Economic
– Helps many things to make more money.

Religion – Gives me two more Missionaries, Deus Vult to DOW any pagan and then better Missionary stuff, but I have boost with my government, idea, and Defender of the Faith, so this is less needed than others.

Military Ideas:

Quality – Since I have a low forcelimit, making my troops better make sense.

Quantity – Let’s raise my forcelimit and manpower.

Offensive or Defensive – Military boosts for armies.

All of those have value. I am leaning to Expansion, Economic and Admin. Faster and more colonists? Better mercs and stating? Better economy?

I do Expansion.

28 April – Exploration mission is done, next is Caribbean

2 July – Event – Marriageable Women in Beefada – pop there up 200

1 Aug – Ivory in Beefada, that was good

Exploration Idea #5 -Viceroys - +10% Global Tarriffs and -20% Envoy Travel Time

8k Rebellion in Tilimsan I have my army there

13 Aug – Defeated

18 Sept – Event – Dargah – I choose, it’s a bit big, here I’ll show you:

And I show you the one I am taking, and the benefits I get for 25 years.

28 Oct – Our diplomat in Morocco was discovered

1 Dec – Kairwan converts – next is Kasdir

Old 02-05-2023, 06:00 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-One - Tajarhi Finished

1 Jan, 1480 – That was a busy year!

16 Feb – Event – Education for the Poor? I do so and we get 1 innovativeness, +10% Ulema estate loyalty and -5% dev costs but +2% worse unrest for 10 years

1 Mar – Timsilan converts!

29 April – Event – Ship Building Boom we get -10% shipbuilding time for ten years

1 July – Tajarhi – Desert, 6 dev, Livestock, Arid, next to Fezzan and unclaimed Djado. Algerian, Ibadi, makes us 0.20 and this is the first colony after my age idea so it’s plus 3 dev. I am rebuilding my treasury again.

I cannot rival Genoa anymore, who’s next? Venice

1 Aug – With a +92 rating with Benin we max relations, I pull and next is France making nice

20 Sept – Missionary to Oran

1 Oct – Tunis converts – nothing is left

25 Nov – 1481 - Kasdir converts

1 Dec – Exploration mission in the Caribbean done, next Is it coast

Old 02-05-2023, 09:30 AM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Two - Desert Warfare

1 Jan, 1482 – I can get Expansion Idea #1 -+1 Colonist

This unlocks our next Barbary idea – Desert Warfare - +1 attrition in war for our enemies

I send this colonist to Brazil’s Pernambuco a 10 dev natural harbor on the point and next to a tribe.

I send my 5k conquistador there to unload.

17 Jan – Our general passes and I hire another since we are close to the war with Morocco peace occurring. He’s 2 stars

1 Mar – New Tech:

MIL TECH 7 - The Limber – We get artillery! And we can also get +0.25 military tactics, -+1 artillery fire.

Morocco has MIL TECH 5; I order 2k artillery

1 April – We set up in Pernambuco

5 April – My troops arrive.

11 April – Natives killed in Pernambuco

1 May – Our heir gains the “Free Thinker” trait which gives him -5% Idea costs

Do I need to take my army back over to Morocco for the war?

Tunis – 5k
Morocco -24k

Yeah I do

I order this army to Tilimsan

18 May – Event - Prospering Times – I get +25 ADM power and +1 base production Tenerife

6 July – New Tech –

DIP TECH 5 – Basic Financial Instruments- +20 trade range, +2% trade efficiency, I can build coastal defenses

The Ottomans DOW the Mamluks’ ally of and they are in, I decline the call because I need my main ally in the region the Mamluks, I’d join otherwise. We lose our alliance with them.

I can just do next year’s war with Portugal, but I was hoping to just call in Mamluks and then let Portugal out since they are in Africa and I don’t want to give them ideas.

I claim Morocco’s Melilla

3 Aug – With a +90 I pull my dip from France

24 Aug – Event – New Madrassh in Qafsah – We get boosts there

16 Dec – Oran converts! Everything is Ibadi!

Old 02-05-2023, 12:07 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Three - The Second Algiers/Moroccan and Tunis War

1 Jan, 1483- Our truce with Morocco has ended

I want to declare war for Morocco and bring in Portugal, but their peace isn’t up for 7 years,

I think I can solo them with mercs, I have better MIL tech and then just focus on Morocco first and then take them out and then head to Tunis when I have a break and then take them out, ready?

I DOW Morocco for Mers el Kebir coastal and next to me

Portugal and us have split Morocco in half. All northern holdings are without a fort so I dispatch a 1k cavalry to capture them and send my main army to Figuig

Tunis is besieging Kairwan but they aren’t big enough

25 Feb – Exploration Mission is done, Portugal is in the Caribbean next is American East Coast sea

23 Mar – We defeat a 20k Moroccan army in Melilla

16 April – We rout the Moroccan army in Tetouan. With that flank fallen I split off an army to head back to the Tunisian flank

4 May – Two minors are ours

I have a warscore of 7

20 May – Melilla and Tetouan are ours

5 July – We rout the Tunisian army in Kairwan and move to their capital of Susa

21 July – We capture a minor holding of Tunis

7 Sept – A minor in Morocco falls

I head to the Castle of Meknes

14 Sept – Another Tunisian minor falls

7 Oct- The Siege of Meknes begins with a fusillade from my cannons

16 April, 1484 -Meknes falls! I have a warscore of 36

1 May – Beefada - Savannah, 8 dev, Ivory trading, Ibadi, Algerian, next to the nations of Jolof, Fulo and Kaabu and the unclaimed Sierra Leone. I make here 0.23

I order these colonists to Brazil next to us in Alagoas

15 June – I win a battle against 19k Morocco troops in Tafilalt

5 Aug – We capture Susa! Next is Djerba

21 Aug – I capture Tafilalt and another Moroccan minor

25 Sept – I rout the Moroccan army in Ifni

1 Oct – Natives rise up in Alagoas

3 Oct- Another exploration mission done, next is American East Coast Coast

17 Oct – Three Moroccan minors fall to me

8 Nov – Alagoas is burned down, I order more colonists here

4 Dec – Two more Moroccan minors have fallen

28 Dec – Another minor falls

4 Mar, 1485 – Djerba falls! I have every Tunisian holding

Annexing them?

19.6 badboy. I accept and spend 288 coring them. Tunis is done!

Now back to Morocco:

I have an 86 warscore with Morocco

I want to grab Sale because I want to turn Morocco into my Tunis and grab all of the land around Portugal that’s Moroccan to prevent an obvious future expansion into Morocco from them

19 June – Sale is ours!

What can I take? 90% Score:

South of Portugal -

Figguig – 8 score, 4 badboy

Meknes – South of Portugal – 11 score, 8 badboy

Sale – Coast, south of Portugal, 11 score and 8 badboy

Those are south of Portugal – 19 badboy and 30 score

North of Portugal –

Oujda – 8 score, 4 badboy

Melilla – 9 score, 5 badboy - at this point, Morocco will join a coalition against us, but I want to keep pushing, since I want to protect future land grabs

Tetouan – Coastal – north of Portugal, 9 score, 6 badboy

Total – 56 score, 34.4 badboy, I wanna add my wartarget in Algeria, also by itself and next to those three.

Mers el Kabir – 5 each.

Peace:

I disband my mercs, I order cores for: Figuig, Oujda, Melilla and Mers el Kabir, that exhausts my ADM power

Here’s my new stuff:

Tunis –

All four are coastal, Tunisians, and Sunni

Bizerte– 9 dev, Mosque, Drylands, Grain grown here, 0.37 made here. This was the isolated province leftover from last war.

Susa – Mosque, Drylands, 12 dev, Sugar growing, 0.49 made here, Next to the recently taken Sfax and south of Tunis.

[u]Sfax – [/U
]Sugar here too, 7 dev, Drylands, Mosque, surrounded by us and south of Susa, makes 0.30

[u]Djerba[/U] – Island with a strait to Taotaine, Castle, Coastal Desert, natural harbor, just 3 dev, grain, makes us 0.07

Morocco:

North of Portugal –

[u]Oujda [/U]– Next to Portugal, Wool, 7 dev, Highlands, 0.21, Berber, Sunni,

Melilla
– Coastal, Next to Oujda, and Mers and Tetouan, north of Portugal, Fishing, 7 dev, Highlands, Sunni, Berber, 0.25 made here

Tetouan – Coastal – north and east of Portugal – next to Melilla – Mosque, 8 dev, Grain, Highlands, Moroccan culture. Sunni faith just 0,.06 made here

Mers el Kabir – Coastal – Cloth makers, 7 dev, Drylands, Algerian permanent claim, Mosque here, 0.06 made, Algerian Sunnis

South of Portugal -

Figuig – Between us and Portugal – Livestock, 6 dev, Highlands, Berber Sunnis make 0.17 monthly. North of Morocco. Arid

Meknes – South of Portugal – Castle, connects Figuig and Sale, north and east of Morocco, Mountains, 11 dev, cloth, Mosque, Moroccan Sunnis, 0.33 made here

Sale – Coast, south of Portugal, north of Morocco, west of Meknes – Moroccan and Sunni, Drylands, Mosque, grain growers., make 0.25 with 9 dev

Nasty grabs!

This peace ends 1496, I need some time to rebuild my manpower and finish coring Morocco and then move to Missionaries, Tunis was gone in three wars. The first they lost 10 mostly minor holdings, then their two big ones, then the last four now. We are the last central north Africa nation standing, and we are left in East after absorbing major wars with Morocco twice and Algeria, and the Mamluks our ally in the West North Africa and us are left!

Old 02-05-2023, 02:14 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Loss of Portugal

19 June – I send 4 army units to Algoas so I can shah the natives

I use my 100 spy network that built up during the war in Morocco to claim:

Agadir – Coast
Ifni – Coast
Gharb – Coast next to Meknes and Sale

I send my extra diplomat to make nice with the Turks winning their war against the Mamluks with a +68 warscore in their favor

1 July – Pernambuco is good for growing Sugar!

I have to choose a new rival, Morocco can’t be it, I choose Austria over the Mamluks, Portugal or Castille

2 Sept – Event – Foreign Theologians Enliven Scholarship – I choose to incorporate them into our bureaucracy and get +50 ADM power which I spend to core Meknes

1 Oct- Our army lands in Algoas and I order to kill the locals

10 Oct – Done

1 Nov – Core ordered in Tetouan

14 Nov – Exploration mission finished, I have much of the American’s coast in north America. No one is there. Next is South Atlantic Sea

15 Jan, 1486 – Portugal announces us as a rival. Uh oh, that breaks our alliance.

Now it’s just me and the Mamluks and they are not in a great space in their war.

1 Feb – Core ordered for my last holding

Claim in Morocco for Taflilit, gold, next to Figuig

I pull my diplomat here and begin to build a spy network with Portugal

22 Feb – Our Conquistador passes and I hire a new one

I head inland of Algoas

I rivalize Portugal

2 June – France is entering a Golden Era

25 Aug – Dip Tech or Idea?

Exploration Idea #6 – Free Colonies - +10% Settler chance

11 Sept – Cores done in my four Tunisian grabbings. I order Missionaries to Sfax, Susa and Sizerte, these will take longer since they have higher dev

20 Dec – Cores done in Melilla, Figuig, Oujda, and Mers el Kabir

Old 02-05-2023, 04:07 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Five - Now in Brazil

2 Jan, 1487 – Relations maxed with Turks, next is making nice with Jolof

The Mamluks are at peace

24 Jan – Exploration mission done, next is South Atlantic coast

1 Feb -Event -Colonial Expansion – We get 200 settlers in the unclaimed land of Pambu – inland of Algoas, I order my Conquistador there to kill the natives

7 May – Meknes is a core –

7 July – Tetouan is a core!

1 Aug – Our truce with the Turks is over

I claim Portugal’s Fez

29 Aug – Exploration mission done, next is North Atlantic Sea

1 Sept – Relations maxed with Jolof, next is Fulo

6 Oct – Sale is cored! That’s the last

1 Dec – Event – Famine hits Algiers I get reductions to taxes for 5 years

14 Jan, 1488 – Venice announces us as a rival

1 Feb – Pernambuco – 14 dev, Sugar, Algerian, Ibadi, natural harbor, Drylands makes us 0.32

I order these colonists south of Algoas on the coast to 7 dev Cocoa holding Sergipe and I have my army here I order the natives killed

8 Feb – Completed

24 Feb – Event – Improvements in Government Tech – I get a bunch more ADM power.

1 Mar – I can choose my next Age of Discovery ability!

I choose Justified Wars - -10% badboy penalty – this lasts until the end of the Age.

1 May – New Idea! Expansion Idea #2 – I get another merchant which I send to collect in Brazil

1 June – Algoas is good for growing Coffee

I am making 0.58 from the new Merchant

19 Nov – Sfax converts! Next is Figuig

28 Dec – Bizarte converts! Next is Mers el Kabir

Old 02-05-2023, 06:49 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Six - Global Empire

1 Jan, 1489 – The 20 year Scholar Loan in the Sha’fi School finishes and I lost that Merchant

1 Feb – Max relations with Fuzo next is building a spy network in Morocco

I claim Portugal’s Ceuta

16 Mar – Susa converts and next is Melilla

1 April - Pambu is good for Sugar

16 Sept – Exploration mission finished – next is North Atlantic Coast

1 Nov – I clam Portugal’s Tangiers they renamed Tanger

3 Feb, 1490 – Sergipe gets the Marriageable Women event

1 April – Idea or Tech? Idea!

Exploration Idea #7 – Global Empire – I get +25% naval forcelimit and treasure fleet income

For finishing this I get – Can fabricate claims overseas in colonial regions and areas

Then I got the next Berber idea – Trans-Saharan trade I get +10% trade efficiency and +20% caravan power

26 April – Event – Playing the Courts – I side with the Ulemas and get +10% their estate loyalty

8 May – Exploration mission finished – next is Atlantic South America Sea

8 Aug – The Caribbean is declared the Fief of Portugal by the Pope

1 Nov – I claim Morocco’s Sauora

Old 02-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Seven - State and Religion

1 Jan, 1491 – Figuig converts! Next is Oujda

13k Rebellion in Meknes

1 Feb – Our peace treaty with Portugal is over after they broke our alliance, now we can attack each other I would win but for their allies of Castille and England so that won’t be happening soon

3 March – Mers el Kabir converts! Next is Sale

1 April – New Tech:

MIL TECH 8 - Pike and Shot – We get +0.25 infantry fire, +0.80 cavalry shock and we can build regimental camps.

3 April – We arrive in Meknes

10 April – We win

20 May – Melilla converts, next is Tetouan

1 June – Our diplomat in Portugal was discovered

Our ruler gains the Benevolent trait, which gives us -5% loyalty desire in subjects

1 Aug – Algoas – Algerian, Ibadi, Brazil, 9 dev, Coffee grown here, Drylands coast, 0.40 made here, I order these colonists to Ilhaus – two down from Sergipe, 7 dev with Cocoa, next to tribe in Bahia.

1 Sept – New Expansion Idea #3 – Faster Colonists - +20% colonial growth!

15 Sept – Natives in Ilhaus taken out

25 Sept – Exploration mission finished next is Atlantic South America Coast

In not good news Portugal is at war with Morocco, that’s not good for the home team

6 April, 1492 – We finish our Exploration Mission, next is nothing we are fully explored!

1 July – I accept a Royal Marriage offer from Jolof

1 Dec – Sergipe – 11 dev Cocoa, Drylands, Brazil, next to Bahia, Ibadi and Algerian making us 0.38. I send this colonist north of Pernambuco and up the coast to Paraiba a 7 dev Sugar province

Government Reform – Next is State and Religion

I have five choices, these are the ones I like:

Strengthen the Ulema - +1.5 Missionary strength, better Ulama relations

Curtail Clerical Privileges - -10% Admin tech costs, -10% Ulema relations

Expand Temple Rights – Mosques and upgrades give +33% taxes and -2 unrest

Pretty strong. Better missionaries, tech and make Mosques and their upgrades better.

I choose Expanded Temple Rights because I need that cash, North Africa is so poor.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-05-2023 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:29 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Eight- A Quiet Interlude

1 Jan, 1493 – I order a Workshop in Tunis. My first one.

New tech:

DIP TECH – 6 – Docks – I can steal maps and build docks

10 Mar – Oujda converts! Next is Meknes

10 June – The ruler of Jolof died and our RM ended

19 June – Sale converts, nothing left.

17 Aug – Tetouan converts

11 Nov, 1494 – 50 Year Review!!

Old 02-05-2023, 09:57 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Maps –

Here’s us –

I have two pictures here – North Africa and a breakdown of our cash. You can see our only ally Mamluks east, and then Morocco and Portugal are at war to the west. It’s been a quiet war so for.

Here’s Colonial South America –

We are in Brazil, Castille are in Columbia. No one else is there

I have three colonies in Brazil, two of which have colonists, the other will get finished next month

How about Europe?

Sure thing! You got it!

Old 02-05-2023, 11:14 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ledger:

Army – 28k, in two armies, forcelimit is way higher at 38k but I don’t have that cash. It’s the 11th biggest army in the game. Breakdown:

16k infantry
10k cavalry
2k artillery

Navy – Just 16 ships with a forcelimit of 45.

Tech – Ours is 7/6/8 with a total of 21. That’s 3 behind the leader at 24.

Ideas – 10 – Venice has 13

Income - We make 27.65 monthly which is 13th best

Development
– 345 – 10th best

Religions
– Ibadi is 2 countries with 53 provinces, one is Pate, so the rest is me!

Top Ten Holdings by Tax Revenue:

1. Tunis, 20.54
2. Mitija, 13.48
3. Oran, 9.62
4. Tilimsan, 9.62
5. Mzab, 8.92
6. Susa, 7.97
7. Mers el Kabir – 7.01
8. Dahra, 6.40
9. Bizerte, 6.37
10. Meknes, 6.35

Our Top Ten Holdings by Production Revenue:

1. Tunis, 8.0
2. Pernambuco, 4.86
3. Tilimsan, 3.26
4. Mitija, 3.16
5. Alagoas, 2.99
6. Sergipe, 2.82
7. Paraiba, 2.67
8. Susa, 2.52
9. Dahra, 2.41
10. Kabylia, 2.40

Charts:

Religion

95.9% Ibadi, 4.0% Sunni

Culture –

Tunisian – 34.5%
Berber – 23.5%
Algerian – 33.3%
Moroccan – 8.5%

Top Ten Trade Nodes by Total Value:

1. Genoa – 29.74
2. Venice
3. Malacca
4. Lubeck
5. Persia
6. Rheinland
7. Wien
8. Sevilla
9. English Channel
10. Champagne, 16.80

Ours:

Tunis – 3.38

Trade Goods by Current Value:

8.0 – Cloves
5.0 – Gems
4.5 – Copper
4.37 – Paper
4.0 – Ivory, Cocoa, Silk, Dyes
3.0 – Glass, Tobacco, Sugar, Spices, Cotton, Coffee, Salt, Iron, Chinaware, Cloth
2.5 – Fish, Wool, Incense, Wine, Grain
2.0 - Livestock, Tea, Tropical Wood, Naval Supplies, Fur, Slaves

The Great Powers:

1. Ming
2. Ottomans
3. France
4. Castile
5. Poland
6. Mamluks
7. Muscovy
8. Austria

Honorable Mention – England

Old 02-06-2023, 06:01 AM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Factories

Our truce with Morocco is up in Sept 96 in two years.

Portugal has been unable to grab their stuff or drop their military which is now 27k, just one thousand fewer than us. No Allies either, for now.

1 Dec – Pambu – Sugar, Dryland, internal next to Sergipe and Alagoas, Algerian, Ibadi, 7 dev makes us 0.20, and there were no colonists here and my cash/month rises to 5.31

14 Dec - Portugal claimed Figuig

1 Jan, 1495 – I get another Idea: Expansion #4 - Factories - -50% Fort Maintenance on border with Rival, and Center of Trade upgrade cost -20%.

1 Feb – I order a Workshop in Tilimsan

1 May – Do I want to accept another Royal Marriage offer from Jolof? If so I build up relations, but I cannot DOW them easily later. I accept as my ruler is getting up there, and they are allied to Songhai, a unlikely powerful West Africa Hegemon.

14 Aug – Meknes converts! Everything is converted save for Djerba the island but it has a recent conversion and is impossible to convert again for a while.

29 Sept – Event – Rains bring Fertility to Guinea area

1 Nov – Our diplomat in Portugal was discovered

14 Jan, 1496 – I arrive in the Brazilian coast of Espirito Santo and fight locals

18 Feb – I kill the natives in Sao Tome, south down the coast, I order this army back to Sale. These two can be expanded into by my colonists after finishing in Brazil while I am at war with Morocco without dispatching more troops.

23 Aug – My army arrives.

1 Sept – Truce is up.

I hire an 8k merc unit in Meknes

I am waiting for my transport fleet to head back to Dahra

10 Sept – It’s there.

I declare war for Morocco’s gold mines of Tafilalt, I do not bring in the Mamluks

Old 02-06-2023, 12:12 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Thirty - The Third Algiers/Morocco War

I order my 28k army from Sale into Gharb

12 Sept – Mercs arrives, I send them next door to Tadla

2 Oct – New tech:

DIP TECH 7 – Naval Ambitions – I can +115 Colonial Range, +0.30 naval morale, +10 naval engagement, i can build Impressment Offices

With the new colonial range I can send out another Explorer mission and I head to South Atlantic Sea

6 Oct – Gharb is ours I head next door to Anfa

28 Oct – Tadla is ours, next is their capital of Marrakesh

1 Nov – Anfa falls to my main army I head to Marrakesh to combine my armies in the siege

13 Nov - The siege begins with a fusillade

25 Nov – Our explorer died! I send fleet back.

14 Dec – I capture a Moroccan minor

25 Feb, 1497 – Morocco and Portugal at peace, no land exchanged, nice!

I claim Portugal’s Algarve

16 April – My fleet returns, I hire a new Explorer and head back to the South Atlantic Sea

23 April – Marrakesh falls!

25 May – I defeat 19k Moroccan troops in Demnate

I head next door to the Castle of Ouarzazete

5 June – I begin the siege with a fusillade

5 July – My cavalry capture Demnate

18 Sept - Another Minor falls.

6 Nov – Another minor is ours

27 Dec - Yet another minor falls to us

9 Jan, 1498 – We capture the Castle! I move next to our wartarget

4 Feb – New Tech!

ADMIN TECH 8 – Courthouse – we can build them and get +100 governing capacity for making things states

I can purchase another Age of Discovery ability - I choose:

Adaptive Combat Terrain – When fighting in the terrain as my capital I am much better.

27 Feb – Tafilit is ours!

18 April – Another minor falls

13 May – And another

I have a 99% warscore, what do I want?

Tafilit - 8 badboy, 9 warscore, south of Figuig

Tadla – 5 badboy and 10 score, south of Meknes

Demnate – Connects them – 4 badboy, 9 warscore

Gharb - Coast, next to Pale and Meknes – 8 badboy, 12 warscore

Sauora – Low 3 dev east of Taflilt and south of Figuig – 3 badboy and 6 warscore

That’s the most I can take before Morocco gets angry, that’s 26.8 badboy and 28 warscore

Let’s take these 5 off the map.

I agree to the deal and then disband my 8k mercs. Cores ordered in Taftlalt and Gharb.

My stuff:

Tafilalt
- South of Figuig – wartarget, Gold Mines, Mosque, 11 dev, Highlands, west of Sauora, east of Demante, north of Morocco, Arid, Emporium, Sunni and Moroccan, makes us 1.78 cash.

Tadla – South of Meknes, north and east of Morocco, north of Demnate – Copper Mines, 8 dev, Mountains, Mosque, Sunni, Moroccan, 0.34 made here

Demnate
– Connects them - next to Morocco – Wool makers, 5 dev, Mountains, the great work “Ait Benhaddou”, Sunni Moroccans, just make us 0.02

Gharb - Coast, next to Pale and Meknes, north of Morocco – Natural Harbor, Grain growers, 11 dev, Drylands, Marketplace and Mosque here, Moroccan culture, Sunni faith, makes us 0.10

Sauora – Low 3 dev east of Taflilt and south of Figuig, north of Morocco – Throw in – Desert, Livestock, Arid, nothing made here, Moroccan and Sunni

Nice additions to my stuff! The gold mines and copper mines are awesome

Old 02-07-2023, 12:18 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Thirty-One - Brazil Form
s

13 May – I order 4k with my Conquistador to head back to Brazil. I’ll keep my army in Demnate

I claim:

Morocco’s

Tuat- Salt south of Sauora
Draa – Spice, next to Sauora and Tafilalt

1 July – Ilheus – Brazil, coast, Jungle, Cocoa, 10 dev, Algerian and Ibadi, it’s given too…

We have formed a colonial nation –

Algerian Brazil

They take our holdings

I send colonists to the recently vacated coastal Bahia that connects us. I’ll be Fish but 10 dev

9 Aug – I spend 26 for coring Sauora

3 Sept - The Pope has given Colombia to Castille

4 Sept – I kill the natives of Bahia

17 Sept – The colony in Bahia starts!

1 Dec – I claim Morocco’s capital of Marrakech

13 Dec – Our mission is done, next is South Atlantic Coast

1 Jan, 1499 – I order a Workshop in Dahra

1 Mar - I spend 24 to core Demnate

I order my army down to the Rio Da Plata region to grab another region’s things.

28 June – My army arrives in Rio de la Plata a COT in the La Plata region

1 July – Paraiba – Brazil, coast, Drylands, 10 dev, Sugar grown here, Algerian, Ibadi, handed to Brazil

I send them to Rio de la Plata

9 July- The Tribe moved back there, so I order them to Espirito Santo in Brazil the 6 dev Cocoa place

1 Aug – I spend 76 power to core Tadla. Now they have all started

15 Oct – Cores done in Gharb, Tafilalt and I order Missionaries to both – these will be slow

19 Oct – Explorer mission finishes – next is North Atlantic Coast

26 Nov – My colony sets up

Old 02-07-2023, 04:10 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Thirty-Two - Allying with the Turks

1 January, 1500 – Workshop ordered for Mitijia our capital and it’s Grain

16 Jan – Sauora is cored, a Missionary is ordered here

7 Mar- I invite another Shafa’I scholar from the Mamluks and I get a 20 year Merchant which I send to collect in Brazil again.

11 April – Event – Sufi Orders Growing in Demnate – I choose to strengthen it and for ten years it gets -0.05 monthly autonomy

22 April - The tribe has moved from Rio de la Plata and I pull colonists from Bahia and send them

I collect 1.53 from Brazil

1 June – My general passes and I promote another from our ranks, a 2 star one

4 June – Royal Marriage with the Turks

9 Aug – Our diplomat in Portugal was discovered

1 Sept – Our explorer mission is finished, next is Atlantic South America C

Do I accept an alliance offer from the Turks? I do so.

6 Oct – Demnate cored! Just Tadla left! I order a state here.

11 Oct - We set up in Rio de la Plata

25 Nov – I kill the natives in Rio de la Plata

Even with my current 3rd colony I am making 1.3 cash monthly.

1 Jan, 1501 – I order a Workshop in Susa for it’s Sugar

2 Mar – Core finished in Tadla and we are all cored up!

5 Mar – Event – Marriageable Woman in Espirito Santo

5 April – New Tech –

DIP TECH 8 – Shipyards – We can build them as well as +10 trade range and +0.10 naval morale

19 Nov – Portugal claims the Tetouan holding of ours

Speaking of which I forgot to claim Morocco’s Anfa coastal next to three of my holdings

26 Dec – Explorer mission finished and next is Atlantic South America coast