Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #751
Zinto
College Starter

I just don't understand why Chubby would reveal J23 to have a role if he didn't need to. I also don't understand how he could know that J23 even had a role. I don't see a scenario where they are both wolves. That is why I don't think it makes sense to vote for Chubby.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #752
Zinto
College Starter

I can understand people making a case for not voting Danny currently but I do not think Chubby is a better choice and that is what I am trying to convey in my weirdly stated post.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #753
Danny
Head Coach

Regarding my "slip up" Chubby is pulling stuff out of his ass lol
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #754
bhlloy
Coordinator

So what more likely - Chubby is a wolf sacrificing himself to take down the BG (who could presumably be NK'd tomorrow anyway) and Danny is telling the truth or Danny is a wolf and Chubby was actually given something that not only allowed him to identify J23 as good right off the bat but has now allowed him to identify Danny as wolf? Neither seems very likely to me.

I can't help reading the Loki description and feeling like that is a very Joker like role. That would seem to match the way Chubby is playing right now. I can't believe even a roled villager starts off with that much information.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #755
Zinto
College Starter

I don't understand why a wolf would sacrifice himself just to remove a rolled player from the game. It seems extremely risky and it doesn't make much sense this early in the game.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #756
Danny
Head Coach

He was the leading vote getter by a good amount when he started this. If he didn't try something, he would be dead anyway.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #757
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So what more likely - Chubby is a wolf sacrificing himself to take down the BG (who could presumably be NK'd tomorrow anyway) and Danny is telling the truth or Danny is a wolf and Chubby was actually given something that not only allowed him to identify J23 as good right off the bat but has now allowed him to identify Danny as wolf? Neither seems very likely to me.

I can't help reading the Loki description and feeling like that is a very Joker like role. That would seem to match the way Chubby is playing right now. I can't believe even a roled villager starts off with that much information.

Wait Chubby said he's 100% sure Danny is a wolf? I know he highly suspects that's the case but I must have missed something.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #758
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Wait Chubby said he's 100% sure Danny is a wolf? I know he highly suspects that's the case but I must have missed something.

Yep, he's 100% sure that Danny and Lathum are wolves. But he can't tell you why...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #759
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

In the scenario where I'm a wolf and danny is thor, why wouldn't I pick an easier target to save myself today and just nk danny tonight? Especially since danny had no votes and was safe at the time...

Danny is full of it.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #760
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Yep, he's 100% sure that Danny and Lathum are wolves. But he can't tell you why...

Do you have the post numbers? I'd be inclined to switch my vote if he claimed this but I can't find anywhere that Chubby has non hunch material on those two.

Also, I said this earlier, but I think Chubby and J23 are probably the same allegiance (both villagers or both wolves). He said J23 is his family member which means J23 isn't a vanilla villager most likely. If J23 comes out and says he is one, then I'd also switch my vote to Chubby.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #761
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Bug saying he tried to pass the Mistletoe to Dubb, and no one countering him on it, leave me in a position where I would put him on a "more trusted" list since I expect that the wolves would have wanted to hold onto the item and use it to kill the guy who can't be hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hmm, I've got the mistletoe - thought I was pretty transparent with my hints earlier - so I'm confused by these comments. I wanted to trust the person who came forward saying they had the mistletoe, but these comments don't make it easy for me to extend that trust blindly.

Are you saying you have the misstletoe now? I'm curious to see who admits to passing the mistletoe. I'm not so sure that there were two misstletoes in the game to start and that misstletoe is a multiple use item.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #762
MrBug708
Head Coach

Edit - Saw that you did say you have it
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #763
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
In the scenario where I'm a wolf and danny is thor, why wouldn't I pick an easier target to save myself today and just nk danny tonight? Especially since danny had no votes and was safe at the time...

Danny is full of it.

There was a lot of suspicion on me as it was. And no, you could not have night killed me today.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #764
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He was the leading vote getter by a good amount when he started this. If he didn't try something, he would be dead anyway.
He didn't start this. He simply shifted the tide by showing up. That's an important distinction.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #765
Danny
Head Coach

He was the first one to vote me and talk about his information. He did start it.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #766
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I have, and others have alrteady seen why. Me spelling it out does the village no good and does me no good anyways as I can't prove it until postlynch
Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #767
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I have, and others have alrteady seen why. Me spelling it out does the village no good and does me no good anyways as I can't prove it until postlynch

Maybe it's just me, but if I had info proving that two players are wolves on day two I would spell it out. It'd even be worth revealing my role.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #768
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote Hoopsguy
Vote Chubby

I don't see how any villager could know 100% on day two that two people are wolves and one person is a villager.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #769
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think Chubby is a villager. I think he's probably right about Danny and is riding that high against Lathum. Since I have my suspicions about Danny, I'm back where I started

Unvote Chubby
Vote Danny
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #770
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you have the post numbers? I'd be inclined to switch my vote if he claimed this but I can't find anywhere that Chubby has non hunch material on those two.

Also, I said this earlier, but I think Chubby and J23 are probably the same allegiance (both villagers or both wolves). He said J23 is his family member which means J23 isn't a vanilla villager most likely. If J23 comes out and says he is one, then I'd also switch my vote to Chubby.

He may not have explicitly stated it, but from reading his posts through the last page of so that's certainly the impression he's trying to give people. It's either a wolf play or a really bad villager play, I won't feel bad about voting out either one.

Last edited by mckerney : 08-10-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #771
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think Chubby is a villager. I think he's probably right about Danny and is riding that high against Lathum. Since I have my suspicions about Danny, I'm back where I started

Unvote Chubby
Vote Danny

I have my suspicions on Danny too, but I still don't think the risk is worth the reward when it comes to lynching him today.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #772
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Knowing the item I have, if lathum does say what it has I'm convinced he's a wolf. There's no reason for a villager not to say.

Danny: I can't prove without one of us dying but I'm certain he's a wolf based on my role and jer's role. I'm not going to out either of us.

I think its semantics as I don't have.a scan or anything to say wolf, but I'm willing to bet my game out danny being wolf and am going to vote lathum tomorrow if I'm alive
Old 08-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #773
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
He may not have explicitly stated it, but from reading his posts through the last page of so that's certainly the impression he's trying to give people. It's either a wolf play or a really bad villager play, I won't feel bad about voting out either one.

Well if he didn't say it before, he said it in that post which is why I've switched my vote.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #774
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Knowing the item I have, if lathum does say what it has I'm convinced he's a wolf. There's no reason for a villager not to say.

Danny: I can't prove without one of us dying but I'm certain he's a wolf based on my role and jer's role. I'm not going to out either of us.

I think its semantics as I don't have.a scan or anything to say wolf, but I'm willing to bet my game out danny being wolf and am going to vote lathum tomorrow if I'm alive

Okay so you don't have hard evidence then like I thought you were claiming.

Unvote Chubby
Old 08-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #775
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry I don't have time to go into more detail about my thinking right now, but someone should go back and look at Lathum's response to my post today about why and when he said he sent the item to Chubby. That's why I asked for confirmation as to when Chubby first mentioned J23, and when the item trading deadline ended. I'll go into more detail if I need to at about 9pm, but I think something is clearly wrong about the timing there and would like some fresh eyes to see if you agree with me.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #776
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
probably not the wisest vote, especially with no reasoning. but i fully expect the wolves to try and save Danny

well it is just that I trust Danny a tad more than I trust you at this juncture. And since I sorta believe Danny I am not willing for him to be gone.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #777
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, obviously no point in holding this back.

Unvote Jeheinz
Vote Chubby
Old 08-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #778
Danny
Head Coach

I believe that makes it 7 for me, 6 for Chubby
Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #779
Autumn
Head Coach

Still catching up, but I'm surprised how many people are not voting Danny. You shouldn't require Chubby spelling everything out. Go back and read the roles and what he's said and read between the lines, let's not make him help the wolves out.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #780
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm struggling to see why Chubby isn't willing to reveal here. If he's not a wolf, he's the NK tonight anyway, or at least as soon as the wolves are able to hit him. That has me leaning slightly towards Danny being the one telling the truth, but I'm not in any way decided yet.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #781
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
sorry I don't have time to go into more detail about my thinking right now, but someone should go back and look at Lathum's response to my post today about why and when he said he sent the item to Chubby. That's why I asked for confirmation as to when Chubby first mentioned J23, and when the item trading deadline ended. I'll go into more detail if I need to at about 9pm, but I think something is clearly wrong about the timing there and would like some fresh eyes to see if you agree with me.

Ah good point. Why would Lathum vote to lynch Chubby but also pass him an item (the order was due at 10 pm). Makes zero sense.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #782
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Vote Lathum

That's my response to that.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #783
Autumn
Head Coach

Because Chubby's not trying to save his skin, he's trying to win the game. Spelling things out only helps the wolves. Chubby has stated that he's quite sure that there is no downside to voting Danny. This combined with people's doubts about his reveal should lead us to a pretty easy conclusion.

If Chubby was a wolf trying to avoid getting voted, he'd come out with a reveal, not just tell us Danny, someone who's claimed a role already is bad. that makes no sense.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #784
Autumn
Head Coach

That was in response to bhlloy's post.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #785
Racer
College Benchwarmer

By the way, does anyone have a vote count?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #786
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am still not convinced Danny is a wolf, but y'all seem to be. So I will give a little rope to you. we can always lynch Chubby tomorrow if he is wrong.

Unvote Chubby
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #787
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote heinz
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #788
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

just to go back to my standing vote.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #789
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

so earlier if I don't tell you what it was I am a wolf. Now if I know what it is I am a wolf.

And FWIW I just dont have the time to research norse mythology. I had an item, I passed it.

That is about the extent of it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #790
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
DAY ONE

#67 22:03 Lathum votes Heinz (1)

#126 10:52 Lathum unvotes Heinz (0)
#126 10:52 Lathum votes Danny (2)
#204 16:53 Lathum unvotes Danny (1)
#204 16:53 Lathum votes Chubby (3)
#300 21:13 Lathum unvotes Chubby (3)
#300 21:13 Lathum votes EagleFan (6)
#309 21:34 Lathum unvotes EagleFan (4)
#309 21:34 Lathum votes Chubby (4)

No one else finds it odd that Lathum "passed" an item to Chubby. That means he would have had the action in prior to 10 pm yesterday. He was suspicious a good portion of the day yesterday. Unless the item is something that can hurt a wolf, this makes no sense.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #791
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so earlier if I don't tell you what it was I am a wolf. Now if I know what it is I am a wolf.

And FWIW I just dont have the time to research norse mythology. I had an item, I passed it.

I mistyped, I thoyght I put a not in there.

If you were to tell me the item u passed you'd gain trust in my eyes. This is consistent with the other 10 times I've said
Old 08-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #792
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

well I got a pm from JAG saying which item I got, not a generic "you have an item" with not knowing what it was. surely you could check your PMs to see what item it was.

i know I can check mine to see what it was and who I have slated to get it.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #793
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No one else finds it odd that Lathum "passed" an item to Chubby. That means he would have had the action in prior to 10 pm yesterday. He was suspicious a good portion of the day yesterday. Unless the item is something that can hurt a wolf, this makes no sense.

he also said (i believe) that he passed it to me earlier in the day before i got suspicious of him, why wouldn't he have changed who it was going to?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #794
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 2 Voting as of Post 793:
Danny 7 - Chubby (694), J23 (700), Autumn (706), Zinto (713), mauboy1 (714), hoopsguy (744), Barkeep49 (769)
Chubby 5 - Lathum (501), Darth Vilus (644), EagleFan (670), mckerney (675), Danny (777)
ntndeacon 2 - Narcizo (607), jeheinz72 (694)
Lathum 1 - Racer (782)
jeheinz72 1 - ntndeacon (787)

Last edited by JAG : 08-10-2011 at 06:51 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #795
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Chubby, you know what the item is. Is it something that could hurt a wolf? Lookiing at the items on the first page, Gleipnir looks like it could do that.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #796
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby, you know what the item is. Is it something that could hurt a wolf? Lookiing at the items on the first page, Gleipnir looks like it could do that.

well no matter what I say, Lathum will of course say "THAT WAS IT!!!"

but for those wanting more info, yes, that is what I have.

Now I ask you, why wouldn't he have just said that? it's clearly in the rules that is in the game and since it would hurt a wolf, that is why I said it'd gain him trust in my book if he said he gave it to me (tho not clear him).

what would the wolves gain in new knowledge by knowing that I have that item?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #797
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

but to be clear, Lathum is tomorrow's fish to fry
Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #798
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm struggling to see why Chubby isn't willing to reveal here. If he's not a wolf, he's the NK tonight anyway, or at least as soon as the wolves are able to hit him. That has me leaning slightly towards Danny being the one telling the truth, but I'm not in any way decided yet.

If I'm the NK tonight, I will have at least made sure a wolf was taken out with my help.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #799
Danny
Head Coach

Unfortunately it looks like most are decided at this point. Not sure what else I can say. I'm tired and not feeling great, so I probably won't be around much if at all before deadline.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #800
MrBug708
Head Coach

I want to know who Hoops is going to pass the misstletoe too