Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #1301
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Never yell "Whoa!" in the middle of a horserace.

or "fire" in the middle of a crowded theater
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #1302
Crim
College Benchwarmer

touche.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #1303
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So what specific posts by Telle or DT led you to suspect them? If you show your work, I'll gladly move my vote.

Fair enough. But it'll have to wait until tomorrow, because I'd rather go to sleep right now.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #1304
RendeR
Coordinator

Vote Nightfall

I hate waiting.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #1305
Telle
College Starter

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #1306
RendeR
Coordinator

Crim: There is no case against the final 4 at this point. I simply ran with one of DT's pairings and chose NTN over schmidty because I new schnidty has had a freakish schedule and really hasn't been able to do much.

NTN has beena round more and I just chose him. If NTN is human, I'll scan someone else and then we split the difference and the game ends.

I hate waiting.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #1307
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

yawn
Old 08-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #1308
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

NIGHTFALL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #1309
path12
Coordinator

VOTE NTN
VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #1310
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'm just a nameless socialite. How boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
checking in. Continuing my solid run of being a vanilla villager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so cronin/alan/rum are the only uncleared ones still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well st. cronin's been pinging my radar.. and he's one of the four unaccounted for suspected murderers at this point.

For Crim.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #1311
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE NTN

VOTE NIGHTFALL

horray villagers!!!!
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #1312
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
For Crim.

Weak. My vote stands.

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 08-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #1313
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Weak. My vote stands.

VOTE NIGHTFALL

Heh. You wondered what the posts were, I gave them to you. Easy after the fact to pass judgement on them.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #1314
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Heh. You wondered what the posts were, I gave them to you. Easy after the fact to pass judgement on them.

Cmon, path, yer a veteran. You know that's how it works.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #1315
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Anyways, look, it's all in good fun because:

1) Barring a (surely unlikely) night kill, I'll survive my first WW game.
2) The village is safe, regardless of who the toothy one/s is/are.
3) Noone else is jumping on with me, so if you're innocent, you're prolly safe.
4) If you're hairy, I'll be lauded as rookie of the year.
5) Plus, if you're innocent, the others (and you, but to a lesser extent) will chalk it up to my newbie enthusiasm to "get back" at the first player to have accused me, so I might not be cultivating a reputation as erratic and unpredictable.

Win-win-win-win-win for me.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #1316
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Weak. My vote stands.

VOTE NIGHTFALL

For what it's worth, it was enough for me to move path to the "likely a villager" category.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #1317
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Cmon, path, yer a veteran. You know that's how it works.

Oh, I know. I'm just laying groundwork to go after you next game.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #1318
Schmidty
Coordinator

Not that it matters at this point, but:

Vote ntndeacon

Vote Nightfall

Quite honestly, regardless of my schedule, this game has me baffled. I feel like it's more about numbers than it is about communication and deception, and that's just not my cup of tea. I'm having a really hard time getting into this one.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #1319
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Deadline.

With the party feeling pretty good after last night's wolf kill, you decide to be of one mind again. This time, the target is ntndeacon. You string him up with little ceremony, and he submits easily -- wordlessly, in fact. As he is killed, the doors open instantly, and sunlight shines in. ntndeacon was a wolf! The Socialites win!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #1320
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm about to leave work in a little but, but I'd be happy to discuss the game and its rules. I feel pretty bad that the game was unbalanced, and as a result, maybe a waste of time, but hey -- it was my first game!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #1321
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
+1, I think this is one of the most creative and interesting rulesets I've seen. The potential for replay is outstanding.

Thanks -- I'm glad you guys didn't seem too upset with pretty much being thrown under the bus from the get-go. A lot of the balance in my mind depended on the murderer staying alive, and my 'trick' to keep that happening was the individual victory, and the fact that the wolves couldn't kill the murderer. As for the wolves knowing who the murderer is, that was just done to make it so that the wolves didn't have to submit conditional orders.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #1322
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the game Passacaglia. I had alot of fun for it and thought it was a great idea which are the most important things. I'm not going to say it was unwinnable, but it definitly was the most challenging game I've ever had as a wolf.

I made a really bad mistake on day 1, but it wasn't lying about my PM, I think the big mistake we made was not covering for the murderer instantly at the start. The way people all revealed other than a handful really made things really rough on Cronin and I felt pretty bad for him.. I do think he had a really rough role to try to succeed with.

I tried my best to make something out of day 2 and keep him alive longer.. I figured my death was better for the wolves than Cronin's death at that point, but I couldn't get enough people to bite, so just had to play it out.

I look forward eagerly to Pass's next game as I'm sure he'll pick up some things that could be done better and have an even better game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #1323
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Thanks -- I'm glad you guys didn't seem too upset with pretty much being thrown under the bus from the get-go. A lot of the balance in my mind depended on the murderer staying alive, and my 'trick' to keep that happening was the individual victory, and the fact that the wolves couldn't kill the murderer. As for the wolves knowing who the murderer is, that was just done to make it so that the wolves didn't have to submit conditional orders.

I'm not really upset too much.. I think we pretty much had to play a perfect game to win though, and Barkeep and ntn didn't really make any mistakes, but I made enough for the team to be doomed. I think once Cronin and I were dead though, I don't blame Barkeep and ntn for losing some steam, it was way uphill at that point moreso than before.

Either way I had fun and really enjoyed the play of a few people for sure

Oh and to Saldana... it just figures it had to be you that had the clue I faked. You've gotten the better of me way more times than the reverse, so I guess I had one small bit of satisfaction there. It was dumb of me to fake that pm though in the first place.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #1324
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm not really upset too much.. I think we pretty much had to play a perfect game to win though, and Barkeep and ntn didn't really make any mistakes, but I made enough for the team to be doomed. I think once Cronin and I were dead though, I don't blame Barkeep and ntn for losing some steam, it was way uphill at that point moreso than before.

Either way I had fun and really enjoyed the play of a few people for sure

Oh and to Saldana... it just figures it had to be you that had the clue I faked. You've gotten the better of me way more times than the reverse, so I guess I had one small bit of satisfaction there. It was dumb of me to fake that pm though in the first place.

you are easily my arch-nemesis alan, and i honestly enjoy our little duels, although i do admit, i was a bit frustrated with this particular round where absolutely no one believed me
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #1325
Barkeep49
Coordinator

path: What were you trying to do with your early play?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #1326
path12
Coordinator

I was trying to make myself a wolf target by claiming a role, though I was planning on coming off as more of a possible bodyguard. I was also thinking about seeing if I could get close to an individual victory, but quickly realized that not enough information was going to be out there.

The whole day 2 thing was just a misread (I did think that at least of DT, Telle or Crim had slipped up), and then I got irritated and blew up for a minute. Haven't really done that since Blade stopped playing.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #1327
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
you are easily my arch-nemesis alan, and i honestly enjoy our little duels, although i do admit, i was a bit frustrated with this particular round where absolutely no one believed me

I believed you. I didn't vote that day.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #1328
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I was trying to make myself a wolf target by claiming a role, though I was planning on coming off as more of a possible bodyguard. I was also thinking about seeing if I could get close to an individual victory, but quickly realized that not enough information was going to be out there.

The whole day 2 thing was just a misread (I did think that at least of DT, Telle or Crim had slipped up), and then I got irritated and blew up for a minute. Haven't really done that since Blade stopped playing.
Yeah you definitely had us thinking you were the BG and then we thought you were Peacock.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #1329
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I think one element that could have helped the wolves is if we non-roled players could not reveal Mrs. Peacock (nor this player either reveal themself)...and if we did it would kill us and her instantly...that really allowed us to build a big COT and narrow down the last wolves pretty quickly.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #1330
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The math soon worked its way into the game when the murderer got killed early. Had he not, we would probably have been dropping like flier.

Thanks for the game, Pass.

Render, you lucky sonofabitch. I had a feeling you were the seer. Lol.

Did anyone at least know ahead of time that I was White (other than Scarlett)? I was pretty obvious in a "trying too hard to be subtle" kind of way.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #1331
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
The math soon worked its way into the game when the murderer got killed early. Had he not, we would probably have been dropping like flier.

Thanks for the game, Pass.

Render, you lucky sonofabitch. I had a feeling you were the seer. Lol.

Did anyone at least know ahead of time that I was White (other than Scarlett)? I was pretty obvious in a "trying too hard to be subtle" kind of way.

Yeah we had figured out you were white, and figured out that both DT and Render had roles as well. We didn't know Olliegirl was the bodyguard, ntn just had a lucky stoke of genius or something on that one. We just couldn't kill you all. Even with all three of us focused, we couldn't get a 100% kill. Thats where having the murderer gone hurt us.

The one that caught us was Chief being peacock. I dont think any of us had an idea of that until Lonestargirl revealed. Once she revealed, we already knew that Render, DT, Neon were all different other roles, so it was easy to know which one was peacock. I just did my best to bluff my way through that whole discussion.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #1332
RendeR
Coordinator

Great game Pass, justa couple of ideas to help balance it in the future.

Leave things as they are but limit 1 clue per player at the start, and do not let the wolves and murderer know one another. Keep the no-kill limitation between them though.

Or: add 2 wolves, but limit them to 2 kills per night.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #1333
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

it was a good game Pass. I enjoyed it . I do apologize for not being around at the end. I had things falling into place for something in real life that kept me mainly away from the computer. I am in the midst of buying my first house
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:25 PM   #1334
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
it was a good game Pass. I enjoyed it . I do apologize for not being around at the end. I had things falling into place for something in real life that kept me mainly away from the computer. I am in the midst of buying my first house

Grats, ntn. Hope it works out so great, it'll make up for dying a horrible death on the last day of the game!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #1335
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the fun game, guys!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #1336
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah we had figured out you were white, and figured out that both DT and Render had roles as well. We didn't know Olliegirl was the bodyguard, ntn just had a lucky stoke of genius or something on that one. We just couldn't kill you all. Even with all three of us focused, we couldn't get a 100% kill. Thats where having the murderer gone hurt us.

The one that caught us was Chief being peacock. I dont think any of us had an idea of that until Lonestargirl revealed. Once she revealed, we already knew that Render, DT, Neon were all different other roles, so it was easy to know which one was peacock. I just did my best to bluff my way through that whole discussion.

Hmm, I was actually afraid I might have been coming on too strong, too confident. Glad to hear that wasn't the case.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #1337
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll say it now, if nobody else re-runs this game, I'll do it the next time I get to run a game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #1338
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'll say it now, if nobody else re-runs this game, I'll do it the next time I get to run a game.

That'll be great! I was thinking of re-running it, too, but figured that maybe I should do a more normal style game first, so I don't become the "WW Clue" guy. Also, like you, I might have more fun playing the game then running it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #1339
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

Awesome, ntn. Let us know how it goes! I think by the time you stopped participating, the socialites were pretty much assured a victory, and since your buddies were all dead, the chance of you succeeding on a kill was small anyway.