Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #1901
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Yeah. Nothing against the rules or the game but that was pretty tough game for me to play. Playing wolf when you don't know who you should target makes for an inactive Narc.

I totally thought Danny was infected - even when he claimed to have scanned me. I had no idea why no-one was challenging him. And Zinto said something about what we should do regarding Simbo which made me think he was bad as well.

Yeah I'd like to hear from Jackal on that point how he found his play since he was the longest infected. From our standpoint we would scratch our heads (and beat them on the desk) when we saw who was killed. Made me wonder just who was successfully bitten or not. Well I knew Jackal was infected cause SOMEONE died but after that I was never sure.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #1902
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Another rebuttal to your 6 (or 7) scanner comment CF is that the doctors and nurses couldn't find transformed or mummies. You and LSG were scanned by either a nurse or doctor and that didn't help the village in any way.

I do agree that nurses probably shouldn't have gotten their own scan results for what it's worth. It's like they could reveal for the doctor while the doctor could keep their identity safe (other than to give full verification to what the nurse claimed). Having both nurses reporting to one doctor early was arguably helpful for the village because even though we could only cure one infected a night, Zinto was working with twice as much information and could make more informed choices as to who to cure (of course, the nurses could have been converted and that would've moot also).

I would also like to thank the wolves for not converting me N1-N3 (I was nervous when I got the night 3 PM from Autumn). I was thinking to myself I had no idea what I should do if I were infected...they probably had the toughest job out there.

Maybe it's because I didn't end up infected, but I for one enjoyed the rule set quite a bit.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #1903
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Great game monsters, I never even had you on my radar Crimson. And of course, nicely played fake reveal mauboy.

I ended up liking the ruleset, I think any skewing of the balance came from so many roles being outed early, greatly reducing the chance of an infection failing or the mummy being weakened.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #1904
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Yeah I'd like to hear from Jackal on that point how he found his play since he was the longest infected. From our standpoint we would scratch our heads (and beat them on the desk) when we saw who was killed. Made me wonder just who was successfully bitten or not. Well I knew Jackal was infected cause SOMEONE died but after that I was never sure.

I ordered kills on Raiders and Cougar so they were probably down to me. I was pretty sure that they hadn't been infected, which was the main thing. That was pretty much the best I could work with. I also thought there was a chance that they might have roles.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #1905
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, having Zinto get two reports really helped the village. It could serve as an infection detector as he'd know right away if either got infected when he stopped receiving results. Nobody picked up on his comment about only getting one result day one, which was of course because there was another doctor alive day one.

I was impressed with the monsters getting the win here because I felt at the end just the info that the village had to work with made it very difficult to hide and it was really too late to fake much.

Mauboy did a fantastic job with the Cultist role, just exactly what you'd want out of that. I love cultists because it's in the village's best interest to just ignore them but it's so difficult to do.

Things started really quickly. It would be interesting to see how things would have gone with less reveals early. The village also got really quiet only a few days in. This would have been a great game for some fake reveals, paranoia, etc. A Transformed pretending to be a seer and getting an Infected lynched would have been a great early move I think, as until another seer died no one would be the wiser.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #1907
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

The only one of the NK's that was mine was bhlloy.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #1908
The Jackal
Coordinator

Very fun game, interesting mechanisms. You don't switch sides in a game three times very often.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #1909
Danny
Head Coach

I forgot to say this, but great game Mau. You probably were actually the difference maker in the game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #1910
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I forgot to say this, but great game Mau. You probably were actually the difference maker in the game.

Absofuckinglutely. ONe of my favorite moments was when he came on all pissed off at people when he got 3 votes. It really sold it!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #1911
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe the horrible moves paid off. LOL
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #1912
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Maybe the horrible moves paid off. LOL

oh yeah, the one move i made that day heh. Everyone spent all morning talking about how they distrsted simbo's story and how they trusted mau's. But no one would vote. And people started voting outside of those two. It would have been a disaster if either mau or simbo were not lynched because then the infected would have to guess. So I voted for mau. Sure enough, people yelled at me and started voting simbo.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1913
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If I didn't say it yet, great job mau. That was perfectly played.

I started to doubt myself right at the deadline "what if I read that wrong and Simbo is actually the cultist" but then your post right at the deadline calmed my nerves when you made your mummy hunter claim.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #1914
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This post scared the shit out of me. But it somewhat helped a little. And I really figured the nurses probably wouldn't listen to it and do their own thing anyway as people tend to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
ugh, counting fail. try again

Nurse 1:

I EagleFan
IV Zinto
VIII Narcizo
X CrimsonFox
XV Simbo Klice
XVI Passacaglia
XVII Darth Vilus
XIX Cougarfreak

Nurse 2:
II LoneStarGirl
V Britrock
VII JAG
IX Danny
XI Golden Eagle
XIV Kwhit
XVIII Raiders Army
XX The Jackal
XII Mauboy

All this shit made me laugh my ass off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
CoT
I EagleFan - Highly Trusted

Other...
II LoneStarGirl
IV Zinto
V Britrock
VII JAG
VIII Narcizo
IX Danny
X CrimsonFox
XI Golden Eagle
XII Mauboy
XIV Kwhit
XV Simbo Klice
XVI Passacaglia
XVII Darth Vilus
XVIII Raiders Army
XIX Cougarfreak
XX The Jackal

Quote:

Quote:
vote lsg

Playing a hunch here that i hope pans out...

Quote:
Anything you want me to change to EF?

Quote:
yes

Quote:
unvote lsg
vote bitrock

Quote:
Bhlloy - should we have a semi coordinated plan for our scans tonight?

Quote:
How are we back to day one? We have info. Good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Villager checking in.

Quote:
I think the cultist is laughing his ass off somewhere.

Quote:
At this point in time with EF having more of a chance being an infected than Simbo. Simbo is fake revealing which isn't going to be an infected saying that. It's a transformed or the mummy.

I was early to jump on the EF wagon last night because I didn't think it would matter either way and the quick nightfall vote ruined that for me. I saw people unvoting nightfall yesterday so I assumed that I'd be able to as well. It doesn't matter to me a whole lot if we go EF tonight and Simbo tomorrow but honestly Simbo's fake reveal tells me we have something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Incredibly good sense coming right here, just about everything I thought about in the car on the way home- though I really don't want a Doctor cure as I'm not infected, and would hate to see something that can help us go to waste.

Here's the rest of what I'd say:

You have your trusted Seer with a good result that he announced he was doing beforehand, reducing the probability that Wolves would select him for an infection.

Right after that, mau comes out and reveals me, and even tries to throw some suspicion on bhlloy.

I put out an immediate defense for every question you guys had-

Why would mau choose me? (Ill-fated teamup in the Dungeon... won't mention the fact that the only true WW game I've played here so far resulted in a shutout victory for my team... Or maybe I just did. )

When/why did I pick EagleFan? (I went and grabbed the post that tweaked me in like 14 seconds.)

Look back, I explicitly stated that I was worried about bhlloy revealing his random viewing after he outed himself as the Professor, because it might be a roled villager. Why would I say that? Because I got him, and as the other Professor, I thought it was possible that Autumn just gave us each other as a "the professors would know each other" thing, and I wanted to stay out of the spotlight.

The logic is all there, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

Quote:
Please don't overthink this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I dont understand your post