Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #3651
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Thanks for hosting, EF!

And Congrats to Thomkal and Shoveler for picking the right guy.

I never once suspect Grover. Other than one person once saying something like "Grover seems too good to be true".

A few personal notes.
I had the gun pretty much the whole game. I discovered it around day 2 or 3. I was able to use it offensively or defensively. My character also had a personal goal of killing the cult leader. Once DanGarion admitted to being the "alledged cult leader", he was my target. I didn't use it early enough, because I thought that it might convert me into a wolf.

When I threw the whole Me vs Zinto thing out there, it was all because I had the gun. I figured if Zinto really was part of The Resistance, they would attack me that night, and I could use the gun to kill them. That plan ALMOST worked. I had 3 bullets, and killed DanGarion (Truth Seeker) that night, but that took 2 bullets. The 3rd bullet was used in defense when I was attacked, but I got a bad roll and missed my shot - ending in my own death.

Wow raven that's wild. Thanks-still can't believe I both survived and won! Thanks for killing Dangarion for me-I was about to put him in the police force because I had no one left who I knew I wasn't the murderer. And EF will sure tell you how many bad rolls he had for me-including the infamous tiebreaker taking out the Jackal just as he was about to join the force.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #3652
timmae
College Starter

Grover... You had me fooled. I started to realize late but I was out of the game by then. Job well done under difficult conditions.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #3653
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I was overzealous with my anti-Thom talk the day after he was elected. I didn't know we were wolves before I posted the majority of it.(Also, that was all in character Thom)

Yeah i know it was Zinto-no problems there. Most of my stuff was in character too except for the infamous "Hell weekend" responses. Really thought I had lost the whole game for us there and I was going to die next.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #3654
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Wow raven that's wild. Thanks-still can't believe I both survived and won! Thanks for killing Dangarion for me-I was about to put him in the police force because I had no one left who I knew I wasn't the murderer. And EF will sure tell you how many bad rolls he had for me-including the infamous tiebreaker taking out the Jackal just as he was about to join the force.

I think jackal got taken out by zinto's use of the duke ability. He didn't use it when we went to lynch him which would make me think he already used it.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #3655
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Dan converted me the night after Thomkal promoted me. I was able to influence the lynch vote a little to protect dan and GE who were already on everyone's radars. I called out CF earlier than I would have just to get the votes off of dan or GE, I forget which.

But once Dan and his buddies left us for the Hale-Bopp comet, I bailed on the cultist life.

Ahem Mr. Shoveler...there were a couple of things you failed to tell me about...taps foot...Glad you came back to the "light" in time though.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #3656
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh one more thing...The night I died, Zinto and I went in to get the communicator and heard this message. I didn't get to reveal it before I died, and Zinto never mentioned it either....

The two of you walk into the landing pod to get to the communicator. As you reach there you realize that a third person is needed to retrieve this (see day 10 options post).

The communicator crackles to life...

"Are they being tracked?"

"Yes."

"When will they arrive?"

"Day 13."

"Then what happens?"

"Damage control."

(silence)

wow, I'd really love to hear the backstory here, EF, unless there's going to be a Part 2 that explains it all.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #3657
timmae
College Starter

Why do I feel like I missed half the movie (I was pure vanilla, probably the most vanilla role in the whole production)!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #3658
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay big thanks to EF for running the game and hopefully getting WW restarted here. Will probably have more to say tomorrow when I have a little time.

Big thanks to Shoveler for all his support and (kinda) staying true to me when it mattered the most
Old 03-05-2015, 07:35 PM   #3659
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Why do I feel like I missed half the movie (I was pure vanilla, probably the most vanilla role in the whole production)!

Well I was vanilla too timmae, I didn't start with a power and didn't get any until I became the sheriff and then the leader
Old 03-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #3660
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Grover... You had me fooled. I started to realize late but I was out of the game by then. Job well done under difficult conditions.

Thank you sir. I was sooo close!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #3661
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If you have any questions, fire away. I'll get to them as I can. Going to take a little time to relax tonight.

This game could have been a Civ builder and nothing like WW if not for a couple things.

I gave Grover the option to finish off Schmidty (that accident wasn't caused by him, that actually was a non-vote penalty). Once he said yes, he was in as the Angel of Mercy with both feet.

If Thom doesn't declare Martial Law there is no Resistance and the cult led by DG would have only recruited and not killed. If Thom had allowed the election the killings (other than Grover) would have stopped.

I felt bad for Thom. He had a lot of bad luck. At one point having a cultist as his government and his police force was a cultist. He was then about to name a Resistance member to the police force, but that person got killed. He was going to name the cult leader to his force but he got killed. His good nomination was The Jackal who ended up being the duke by Zinto (actually my mistake as I misread Zinto's PM and he was going to be the night kill so I used his duke to as the night kill).

I was worried about balance once it turned into a WW game more than Civ builder but everything seemed to work itself out.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #3662
Thomkal
Head Coach

Those killings though it seemed bad for me at the time, actually turned out good as they were all against me at the point they were killed.

And as for Martial Law, it was pretty funny that I got that power first because I had talked about it during day 0 when someone (raven?) mentioned martial law, and said I wouldn't do it and lo and behold become sheriff and get it first thing. Never told font I had it in our chats. Told EF I was very tempted to use it just to see what would happen because I was intrigued by it and the chaos it would cause...then font didn't get her nominations done on time (purposely?) and I asked EF if I could nominate in her place since I was sheriff...and was told yes but only if you declare martial law...so blame him for the madness that ensued-I really did not know what would happen other than there would be a vote between us. And I did it so I could meet my victory conditions..

By the way EF, what were everybody's starting scores? Several of us were boasting we had the highest starting stats-who really did?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #3663
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hooray colonists! Way to go Thomkal, way to bring it home.

Amazing effort by so many new players, really well done guys.

EF, terrific game, thanks for running it. It got pretty crazy when it became werewolf, multiple regenerating seers and BGs, multiple cunnings / brutals / wolf dukes and 3 separate wolf teams with a neutral thrown in, whew. Insane.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #3664
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

At least you were lead scientist for a good chunk of the game. I actually felt a bit lost around day 4 or 5 when people were being interrogated and all sorts of secret stuff was going on while the only PM I had was the initial one from EF. Then all of a sudden I was a deputy with a scan and a team to PM with...for about 40 minutes. Then death. Next time Thomkal, I need a bit more time.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #3665
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

9th most posts in WW history.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #3666
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
At least you were lead scientist for a good chunk of the game. I actually felt a bit lost around day 4 or 5 when people were being interrogated and all sorts of secret stuff was going on while the only PM I had was the initial one from EF. Then all of a sudden I was a deputy with a scan and a team to PM with...for about 40 minutes. Then death. Next time Thomkal, I need a bit more time.

Too bad Lead Scientist got me zero more PM's...
Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #3667
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
9th most posts in WW history.

Noticed that too! Well done all!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #3668
timmae
College Starter

EF: I am also wondering about skill ratings. Very cool twist... Also, who ended up with PM abilities to talk among their teams?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #3669
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
EF: I am also wondering about skill ratings. Very cool twist... Also, who ended up with PM abilities to talk among their teams?

I had them with Font from when we became Leader and sheriff. Then with my deputies and a separate one with Shoveler. Had to clear my box a couple times and right now it's at 95% full
Old 03-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #3670
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
My night actions were to set a trap, which would effect a random player. Once a player was weakened, I had the option to try and kill them, with the possibility of leaving a clue.

I think my biggest tip-off was trying to get new elections going a couple days ago, alas...

EF, thanks for running this. I had an awesome time with my first WW game. Can't wait for the next one!

You played a good game in a tough role!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #3671
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dan converted me the night after Thomkal promoted me. I was able to influence the lynch vote a little to protect dan and GE who were already on everyone's radars. I called out CF earlier than I would have just to get the votes off of dan or GE, I forget which.

But once Dan and his buddies left us for the Hale-Bopp comet, I bailed on the cultist life.

Shoveler, you had a great game! I'm a little bitter you lost the faith in the end ... Then again, when Dan converted me (shortly after I was appointed to the police force, Thom), I was disappointed myself. But we nearly made it.

Narcizo has already pointed out my crazy play with the vote-switching to threaten and save Dan. It was, in fact, crazy. I decided I'd abuse my cunning ability to try to draw a scan. I also had cover by virtue of the fact that Thom was cognizant that Dan had been cleared as the AoM as considered him "good." So immediately after switching from Saldana to Dan, I got a PM from Thom to switch back and gladly obliged to save my cult leader.

Yeah, the baddy factions got torn up by AoM kills and brutals. Rough stuff.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #3672
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
You weren't on my radar either. :/
I thought ntndeacon was the AoM...

Likewise. We tracked down the motive. Grover jumping from Saldana to Dan with me also meta-cleared him, to me. Whoops!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #3673
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think my favorite part of the game was when thomkal lost faith in everyone after font and brit were killed. I was just converted and he sends me a PM about wanting me to stop talking to him if I was against him (which I suddenly was). So for obvious reasons I had to reply, and just told him I couldn't prove I was good, and neither could he. And then offered him a little nugget of truth to keep the good will flowing between us.

That was tough to see from an objective perspective and incredibly fun to see from the Truth Seekers' perspective. Hope you're not scarred, Thom!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #3674
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Truth Seekers had it. Dan and me at first (~N6), then GE after a couple nights, then Shoveler after a couple more.

Police force also had it.

Being a part of both groups, it was a lot of fun to try to keep things straight between them.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #3675
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Truth Seekers had it. Dan and me at first (~N6), then GE after a couple nights, then Shoveler after a couple more.

Police force also had it.

Being a part of both groups, it was a lot of fun to try to keep things straight between them.

Didn't even think about that... a little hectic to say the least! I'd love to see the split screen (tri-split really) as to what was happening each day. My read back through will be fun methinks!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #3676
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Shoveler, you had a great game! I'm a little bitter you lost the faith in the end ... Then again, when Dan converted me (shortly after I was appointed to the police force, Thom), I was disappointed myself. But we nearly made it.

I weighed the options and there were five of us left at that point. I felt my best option was to revert to colonist and hope that the resistance did not have the conversion mechanic. With my ability to interrogate, which left people without an action, I figured we would lose 1 of the remaining 3 goods at worst. Well I was right, but not exactly as I had expected. I ended up killing ntn during my interrogation.

Had I stayed in the cult and used the night kill there would have been 4 left, and thom would know everyone was against him (1 resistance, 1 AoM, and 1 cultist). At that point it would be a crap shoot as to which faction would win.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #3677
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Whew, dan sent me to kill you that night.

Hey hey hey, it's not always a kill. Maybe we could have converted him!

I had a blast guys, much better than my first time playing years back. I might not do things exactly the way some people want me to do things but I think I played my character about as close to what he should have been as I could. I just wish I had got one more scan and convert done before all hell broke loose!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #3678
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Converting you was one of the best moves I made during the game because it make Thomkal completely lose interest in me. I went to try and convert suicane and he decided to die instead of joining us. He was the first blood I actually shed during the whole game.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #3679
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

It was a pleasure making you completely distrust your police force and to almost be on it...
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #3680
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Hey hey hey, it's not always a kill. Maybe we could have converted him!

I had a blast guys, much better than my first time playing years back. I might not do things exactly the way some people want me to do things but I think I played my character about as close to what he should have been as I could. I just wish I had got one more scan and convert done before all hell broke loose!

Who did you lead on earth?! LOL...
Old 03-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #3681
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

I got PM as soon as I converted my first cultist.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #3682
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Converting you was one of the best moves I made during the game because it make Thomkal completely lose interest in me. I went to try and convert suicane and he decided to die instead of joining us. He was the first blood I actually shed during the whole game.

To be honest I'm not sure why he ever believed I had interrogated you (which I did!), since I didn't end up hurting you and therefore it was never posted on the end of day results. I told Thom about that immediately to protect myself and we agreed to keep it off the forum to protect you.. and then you go and attack me the next night and convert me..
Old 03-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #3683
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
That was tough to see from an objective perspective and incredibly fun to see from the Truth Seekers' perspective. Hope you're not scarred, Thom!

I'm not talking to you traitor! This whole game scarred me Brit LOL. So were you the one who killed JAG?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #3684
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Who did you lead on earth?! LOL...

I lead my cult! A very successful cult I might add since the government was worried about us! Talk about a success!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #3685
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
I lead my cult! A very successful cult I might add since the government was worried about us! Talk about a success!

You must be David Koresh
Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #3686
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
To be honest I'm not sure why he ever believed I had interrogated you (which I did!), since I didn't end up hurting you and therefore it was never posted on the end of day results. I told Thom about that immediately to protect myself and we agreed to keep it off the forum to protect you.. and then you go and attack me the next night and convert me..

There were a couple times I thought about mentioning I was interrogated but I thought it would do more harm that anything else. Then I threw it out there just saying I trusted Thomkal and if he trusted Suicane I trusted him, so I could try and throw whoever off me for another day.

If it wasn't for font revealing there was a cult leader and me fessing up to that (it seemed like I had my back against the wall at that moment) Raven wouldn't have killed me!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #3687
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
It was a pleasure making you completely distrust your police force and to almost be on it...

When I learned you were the cult leader, I was like-there's no way I'm letting this lunatic on the police force. But after my deputies kept dying and dying and you were the only semi-cleared left. Glad fate intervened
Old 03-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #3688
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not talking to you traitor! This whole game scarred me Brit LOL. So were you the one who killed JAG?

If I remember correctly I sent him to try and convert JAG.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #3689
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It messes with your mind when you trust someone and then realize they were plotting against you. And you had that happen with what, 5 different people this game?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:20 PM   #3690
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I weighed the options and there were five of us left at that point. I felt my best option was to revert to colonist and hope that the resistance did not have the conversion mechanic. With my ability to interrogate, which left people without an action, I figured we would lose 1 of the remaining 3 goods at worst. Well I was right, but not exactly as I had expected. I ended up killing ntn during my interrogation.

Had I stayed in the cult and used the night kill there would have been 4 left, and thom would know everyone was against him (1 resistance, 1 AoM, and 1 cultist). At that point it would be a crap shoot as to which faction would win.

That would've been an amazing endgame.

By the way, per Eagle you only had a 5% chance of killing ntn with your scan.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 PM   #3691
Raven
College Prospect

EF, what was up with the "joh wohl" comment from font?
I am still convinced Thom was a former Nazi!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #3692
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Suicane was already one of mine. I don't take traitors well.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:03 AM   #3693
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, what was up with the "joh wohl" comment from font?
I am still convinced Thom was a former Nazi!

Flavor for the way Thom was taking to the dictator role.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:52 AM   #3694
Grover
Pro Starter

This was, without a doubt, the most fun I've had doing anything on these forums. Glad I was able to be involved. You guys (and gal!) are awesome.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #3695
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks EF - great game.

Well played by all those at the end.

FYI, my character was told that he thought he was better at engineering than all the others. So that's why I played it up that way.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:40 AM   #3696
DanGarion
Coordinator

I had 10 in social at the start, which is why I said I was the highest social. By the end of the game I was a 13.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #3697
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
FYI, my character was told that he thought he was better at engineering than all the others. So that's why I played it up that way.

And my character was a cocky MIT professor who thought he was smarter than everyone with a starting 10 engineering skill - so that's why I responded the way I did.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #3698
The Jackal
Coordinator

Great game, and well done Thom at the end.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #3699
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Flavor for the way Thom was taking to the dictator role.

Yes yes I have a new understanding of dictators now...and even more of a desire never to be one It was a tough character for me to play-I had asked EF, as he's mentioned to not play one of the central characters because even though I won this game, I really suck at WW and didn't want to hurt either side too badly with my poor decisions. But I also like to RP in WW especially in big games like this one with a story behind it.

So when I got the general character, I felt I had to play him the way he would have played it-in your face, aggressive, and looking to be a leader like he was with the army-all ways I usually don't play WW. So sorry to those who were not a fan OOC of how I was playing it. Then martial law started and as much as I wanted to play it much more "sanely", there was just no way I couldn't go full dictator with the general. I guess it worked out in the end though

Hey EF, curious as to what we missed in the game because of our actions-like you told us about already when martial law took place-like with the Russians, and the creepy govt (?) scientists who were running this crazy plan?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #3700
Thomkal
Head Coach

How do you feel the character's backstories on Earth affected the game? Were they more like "red herrings"-meant to not have much effect on the game-just something for the colonists to go crazy with?