Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #201
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Blade, are you planning to stick to the quiet game today? If you have any strong vibes based on today's actions I would love to hear them.
I would like to, as an expiriment. Its funny how im being panned for doing what i have seen countless others do every game, even players in this game. I have done nothing i have not seen done a hundred times, yet i am being called out for a change. Its rather hilarious to me. If i am to die, i will share my views shortly before i do if im around. Its day one, and all i have are reactions. I have begun my normal mental proccesses to decode said actions, but i know nothing for sure. Only who i have begun to trust and who i have not
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #202
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I assume when you say that you aren't a wizard that you aren't playing semantics?

Not a wizard, not a henchman, not a human? Or just not a wizard? Although we haven't had a role with a "BS detector" for a few games, veteran players sometimes get cute with their posts to avoid outright lies.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #203
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
What, pray tell, is more helpful then warning you that the actions you are taking will result in the death of a good wolf? Want me to finger a wizard, becuase i can't. Its day 1, and all i know is that killing me will result in nothing but a dead wolf(for once, not a good thing)

Bullshit. You were not in the lead when you said that. Tyrith was. And speaking cryptically like that gets people lynched, especially when it's out of character.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #204
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I assume when you say that you aren't a wizard that you aren't playing semantics?

Not a wizard, not a henchman, not a human? Or just not a wizard? Although we haven't had a role with a "BS detector" for a few games, veteran players sometimes get cute with their posts to avoid outright lies.
I am a wolf, not a wizard, henchman, human...whatever else you want me to say i will. Im a wolf through and through. Im not being cute this game, trying to just vote and analyze to myself. After all of this, id prefer to not have to deal with questions of this nature the rest of the game. If you dont believe me, vote for me...but i want to stay quiet, and im not right now.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #205
hoopsguy
General Manager

I understand wanting to experiment with different styles of play. I'm just a little surprised that you would want to play a quiet game. I can't see you getting much satisfaction out of it.

The bigger issue is that it is a leopard changing its spots. It is going to seem weird to people if you (same goes for me, I think) are frequently in the thread and not posting. Just like it seemed odd for you last game when Barkeep was unusually subdued. With that in mind, it almost doesn't matter that before roles came out that you indicated you would play a different style.

Over the weekend I said I wanted to put pressure on the quiet players ... never thought that you would be part of that group
Old 05-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #206
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Bullshit. You were not in the lead when you said that. Tyrith was. And speaking cryptically like that gets people lynched, especially when it's out of character.
I was tied 2-2 with tyrith, mckerney voted me as well as qwikshot. Think what you will, i dont feel a need to defend myself or my actions(i cant do right no matter how i play it seems)
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #207
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand wanting to experiment with different styles of play. I'm just a little surprised that you would want to play a quiet game. I can't see you getting much satisfaction out of it.

The bigger issue is that it is a leopard changing its spots. It is going to seem weird to people if you (same goes for me, I think) are frequently in the thread and not posting. Just like it seemed odd for you last game when Barkeep was unusually subdued. With that in mind, it almost doesn't matter that before roles came out that you indicated you would play a different style.

Over the weekend I said I wanted to put pressure on the quiet players ... never thought that you would be part of that group
Im actually having the time of my life merely watching the others react, or people make certain moves. Things like people upset im not helping when ive said more then others playing, qwikshot voting for me, and mckerneys vote for me with no reason given getting no attention(giving no reasons is why people like cronin are mad at me)...just hilarious to see.
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #208
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I was tied 2-2 with tyrith, mckerney voted me as well as qwikshot. Think what you will, i dont feel a need to defend myself or my actions(i cant do right no matter how i play it seems)

This post is very suspicious to me - does it stink to anybody else, too? I think we may be on to something.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #209
Schmidty
Coordinator

For reasons I explained on the prior page, I:

Vote tanglewood
Old 05-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, they were tied at the time he said that.

If you had not moved your vote I think I would have joined you on Tanglewood. But I don't see a whole lot of value on throwing out another single vote at this stage. So right now I'm mainly looking at the people who already have attracted votes. But mostly trying to figure out if I want my vote now to set up a two-horse race between Tyrith (who I have never played with) and Blade (who is playing a style that I think is less conducive to winning and less fun for him). Not that a 3-3-1 (lots tied with 1) is a conclusive mandate for future votes, but it is moreso than 3-2-1 (lots tied with 1).
Old 05-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #211
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This post is very suspicious to me - does it stink to anybody else, too? I think we may be on to something.

I don't get a bad vibe at all from Blade so far. He sounds more weary than evil to me.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #212
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, they were tied at the time he said that.

If you had not moved your vote I think I would have joined you on Tanglewood. But I don't see a whole lot of value on throwing out another single vote at this stage. So right now I'm mainly looking at the people who already have attracted votes. But mostly trying to figure out if I want my vote now to set up a two-horse race between Tyrith (who I have never played with) and Blade (who is playing a style that I think is less conducive to winning and less fun for him). Not that a 3-3-1 (lots tied with 1) is a conclusive mandate for future votes, but it is moreso than 3-2-1 (lots tied with 1).

I know they were tied. I just feel like Blade is missing something that if he were on our side he would know. I might be wrong, though. Nobody else sees it?

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #213
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE TANGLEWOOD

I'm going to line up with Schmidty here, although not because of his evil name (was a pretty funny post, Schmidty) but because he is a consistently quiet player in these games. If someone has better reasons for a Day 1 vote I'm all for it.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #214
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I don't think I see what you are seeing.

I went back to double-check the sequence of votes to that post and everything checked out. I'm happy to talk through this with you if you think you have sniffed out a human, though.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety, I'm guessing that the wizard is an active role and that if we try to lynch him (or whatever our equivalent is) that he will have a magical way of escaping. However, at some later stage in the game we will be enabled to off him.

Knowing Fozzie, it will be an enjoyable piece of story-telling along the way.

Well, I look forward to it, then!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #216
st.cronin
General Manager

Let me re-read the thread. I may have misunderstood something.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 03:40 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I don't get a bad vibe at all from Blade so far. He sounds more weary than RIGHTEOUS to me.

Fixed! Since we are the evil ones, after all

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #218
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Fixed! Since we are the evil ones, after all

-Anxiety

Nah. Wolves are GOOD! Good at ripping out throats, and prowling around late at night, and especially KILLING WIZARDS!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have no clue who to vote for. I agree with path though that is seems like Blade is more weary than Righteous. Tyrith I don't have a read on a a normal villager/wolf/non-thing, since he has never boon one before.

It's Tuesday night, however. On two previous nights I ended up getting lynched and getting massive attenion because I ent out on a date, so I am telling you all now that I'm leaving for a date soon. We'll have dinner and go see X3 in the theaters. I will not be back by the deadline I suspect, so I need to vote now.

There are several reasons why I am voting thusly. One, because being the first to jump on a new guy is a bit antagonistic for me. Secondly, being the first to jump on anyone is a bit antagonistic for me. Thirdly, jumping on someone for what they did in a previous game (were quiet) is a bit too antagonsitic for me.

And fourth, it's just not in character for me to vote for anyone else

Vote Barkeep

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #220
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm off to work now. I hope we get lucky!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #221
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Cronin, I don't think I see what you are seeing.

I went back to double-check the sequence of votes to that post and everything checked out. I'm happy to talk through this with you if you think you have sniffed out a human, though.

I just went back through also and don't see anything that pings my radar. Interested to hear about what Cronin's thinking if he sees something though.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I'm off to work now. I hope we get lucky!!

I am going out on a date tonight.

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #223
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith - Barkeep (158), Path (160)
Blade - Qwik (161), mckerney (176), cronin (188)
Ardent - Blade (162)
Dubb - Saldana (167)
mckerney - Lathum (168)
Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213)
Barkeep - Anxiety (219)

No votes: AlanT (won't be here today), Ardent (flying to Chicago today), Tyrith, Dubb, Tanglewood
Old 05-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #224
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, for now I'll stay on Blade, although since nobody else has seen what I saw, it's possible Blade is innocent. I'm staying on him mostly because I disapprove of his game.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #225
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, for now I'll stay on Blade, although since nobody else has seen what I saw, it's possible Blade is innocent. I'm staying on him mostly because I disapprove of his game.
What game is that?
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #226
Blade6119
Coordinator

If its being quiet, while i have been by my standards id like to be more so. But so far, i found this funny:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 225
User Name Posts
hoopsguy 27
Blade6119 26
st.cronin 25
SirFozzie 23
Schmidty 18
Anxiety 18
path12 14
saldana 13
ardent enthusiast 10
Qwikshot 10
Lathum 10
Barkeep49 6
Tyrith 5
mckerney 4
Alan T 4
SnDvls 4
dubb93 2
tanglewood 2
Fouts 2
KWhit 1
Swaggs 1
-----------------------------------------

You want to talk about not helping cronin, look down at the bottom with dubb, tangle, and the others(a few arent playing, but i think all above tangle(including him) are
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #227
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What game is that?

The quiet, cryptic game.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #228
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, if you think you have a smoking gun on Blade I would love to hear it. It is entirely possible that you have seen something that others are missing.

About the only time I hold back information on players (acting as part of the majority group) is when I'm trying to protect a "role" player. Maybe a distant 2nd would be having caught a mistake that another one of the opposing forces is likely to repeat later.

If you think Blade is part of the minority group we need to kill I don't see any downside to bringing your theory out in the open for discussion.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #229
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The quiet, cryptic game.
Then why vote for me over tangle, dubb, sndvls, alan, or mckerney. All have 4 or less posts, i have 28 with this post. This is the exact thing i find so funny, how people can call me out and utterly ignore the others. And dont give me well blade, your usually talkative. So is dubb, alan, and even barkeep(who has 6)...

Hoopsguy, this is exactly what i was testing...if it was the quiet play styles or just certain players that caused the votes...i guess were figuring out its the latter
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #230
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, if you think you have a smoking gun on Blade I would love to hear it. It is entirely possible that you have seen something that others are missing.

About the only time I hold back information on players (acting as part of the majority group) is when I'm trying to protect a "role" player. Maybe a distant 2nd would be having caught a mistake that another one of the opposing forces is likely to repeat later.

If you think Blade is part of the minority group we need to kill I don't see any downside to bringing your theory out in the open for discussion.

Both of those ideas are somewhat at work here. Plus, I don't really have a "smoking gun," just something which I had assumed, but which is most likely just Foz messing with my mind. I'll leave my vote there, although I'll be active most of the day. If Foz's x-com game is any indication, we're likely to have a couple of reveals today.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #231
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fair enough. And there were plenty of late afternoon reveals in Fozzie's game, but they didn't start on Day 1.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm about to take off. Remember, if you vote for Blade, then you'll have to hear for a while about how he changed strategy and people still voted for him. I'm not voting for Baldy. At least not today

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #233
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I'm about to take off. Remember, if you vote for Blade, then you'll have to hear for a while about how he changed strategy and people still voted for him. I'm not voting for Baldy. At least not today

-Anxiety

Baldy? I didn't know that Michael Chiklis was one of our players.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #234
Tyrith
College Starter

Blade draws enough attention normally that I don't think he'd be changing his gameplan if he were a bad person (which I will use to refer to the wizard's team, for lack of clear alternatives). He draws so much heat normally that it's just poking an agitated tiger, and too likely to get him lynched.

St.cronin's aggressiveness towards blade is somewhat suspicious because it plays right into what I just described above, but if he really were a bad guy, right now the votes are set up for him to press a little bit more before retreating like he has, so I'm going to buy into his logic for now.

Seeing that I think blade is innocent and I'm not voting for myself, I'm going to go the only other available route.

VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #235
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Remember. Voting will be tabulated at 10 PM
Old 05-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #236
Tyrith
College Starter

OOC, stupid question, but that's 10 PM CST, right?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #237
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Points Tyrith to the Title, 10 PM EDT (or.. 3 1/2 hours from now.)
Old 05-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #238
saldana
Pro Starter

damnit, we better not end up with a stupid tie today, that dicked us up a ton last game.

unvote dubb
vote tanglewood

this may end up screwing me in the future, but i'm not ready to cut ties with the newly sensitive and empathing Blade , which basically makes it a coin flip between tangle and tyrith....just so we dont have a worthless tie
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #239
Tyrith
College Starter

Okay, like I said, stupid question. :P
Old 05-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #240
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's ok, there's no stupid questions only stupid peo.. er.. nevermind

(just kidding)
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #241
saldana
Pro Starter

one question i would like an answer to though blade, if you dont mind, why wouldnt you change your vote n self preservation? i can see what you are trying to do/prove, but that just seems defeatist, and for someone that plays this game as well as you do, i have to question whether someone that will just lay down and die is someone i want on my team. my vote stays on tangle for now, but if this is your new strategy to stop pissing people off, like i said before, your value has dropped considerably.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #242
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent - Blade (162)
mckerney - Lathum (168)
Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213), Tyrith (234), Saldana (238)
Barkeep - Anxiety (219)

No votes: AlanT (out for day), Ardent (hasn't shown up today, in transit), Dubb, Tanglewood
Old 05-30-2006, 06:55 PM   #243
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Ardent - Blade (162)
mckerney - Lathum (168)
Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213), Tyrith (234), Saldana (238)
Barkeep - Anxiety (219)

No votes: AlanT (out for day), Ardent (hasn't shown up today, in transit), Dubb, Tanglewood

Assuming Tangle votes for Blade out of self-preservation, Saldana will have made it a tie. Interesting to see what dubb does. I have a feeling we'll see some late shenanigans.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #244
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Assuming Tangle votes for Blade out of self-preservation, Saldana will have made it a tie. Interesting to see what dubb does. I have a feeling we'll see some late shenanigans.
i didnt realize tangle hadnt voted yet, but if that happens,i will put my vote back in its traditional day one spot, and that will break the tie
Old 05-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #245
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i didnt realize tangle hadnt voted yet, but if that happens,i will put my vote back in its traditional day one spot, and that will break the tie

What is your traditional day one spot?

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent could make an appearance as well - he didn't say he was out for the duration. But I don't think we can count on it, since I haven't seen him in the thread all afternoon.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #247
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
What is your traditional day one spot?

dubb....always dubb.....its just one of those long time rivalry things, and solves the problem of picking someone randomly on day one.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #248
Schmidty
Coordinator

Damnit, if tanglewood isn't a human, I'm going to be pissed. My vote was a simple joke-vote since there's nothing to go on on day 1. If he's a wolf and people accuse me of starting a band-wagon, I will stick my foot so far up their ass, they'll taste shoe leather.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #249
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't know why I let you talk me into it, Schmidty. I'm always tricked into jumping on your bandwagons. Dammit, I hate this game.

Day 1 sucks. I hope we get lucky here but I think that there will be more venom for the late voters who moved from one to the other in a tight race than the guy who cast the first vote (in the event of a bad lynch). If it makes you better, I listed Tanglewood in the post that got you going over the weekend.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #250
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Damnit, if tanglewood isn't a human, I'm going to be pissed. My vote was a simple joke-vote since there's nothing to go on on day 1. If he's a wolf and people accuse me of starting a band-wagon, I will stick my foot so far up their ass, they'll taste shoe leather.

if you didnt want to be accused of it, then why did you start one.

dont worry, i am sure if he ends up good, i will be the one that takes the heat for jumping around all day...just see hoops post in between yours and mine...i just want to avoid a worthless tie, but it will end up looking shitty for me.