Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 PM   #401
Lorena
Unregistered

Whoops, let me take that back. For in-game purposes, that should have read prostitute, not hooker.

I knew plenty of whores in high school, so yeah, there is a difference.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:13 PM   #402
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, was not asking at all about Izulde's allegiance - but was expecting a certain district for your answer and it wasn't the one I expected. Which leads me to believe that if you are telling the truth that there are a whole bunch of ladies of the night in this game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 PM   #403
Swaggs
Coordinator

just finished reading up... A few good clues out there, in my opinion.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 PM   #404
Schmidty
Coordinator

The urchins kick major ass.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #405
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
The urchins kick major ass.

You are just trying to convince yourself that there is a role in this game that will be as good as the one you had in the Lord of the Rings game. No chance, bearman.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #406
st.cronin
General Manager

After the Lord of the Rings game, Schmidty is no longer allowed to use the Schmidty Ploy.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #407
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Fouts, was not asking at all about Izulde's allegiance - but was expecting a certain district for your answer and it wasn't the one I expected. Which leads me to believe that if you are telling the truth that there are a whole bunch of ladies of the night in this game.

Outside of the named roles, I believe there to be multiple versions of each type of villager.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:49 PM   #408
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I know I probably have one of the most simple basic roles in the game, and still I know that I have a way to get information at nights if I choose to do it. I chose to not pursue that option and instead spent some money in a different manner. The fact I as an "ordinary villager" type role has the ability to get information, that tells me that you aren't an ordinary villager. This alone doesn't make you bad, but it makes me wonder what you are exactly.

This part of one of Alan's bigger post is one of the most intriguing posts all day for various reasons..anyone else notice it?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #409
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
This part of one of Alan's bigger post is one of the most intriguing posts all day for various reasons..anyone else notice it?

I noticed it but was pretty mystified as to what he meant.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #410
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I noticed it but was pretty mystified as to what he meant.

Well I'll help you out. He is talking about the opium den, where in an opium induced slumber you have a chance of having visions that can help you out. I have that option as well in my role. It is a night action, where you can choose to visit the opium den.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #411
Blade6119
Coordinator

good dubb, you just moved up my trust list
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #412
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, this game is more complicated than I suspected. Then the opium dealer is probably in play? Anybody have any idea what he does? Maybe gets information on the player who visits?

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 11:24 PM   #413
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Well I'll help you out. He is talking about the opium den, where in an opium induced slumber you have a chance of having visions that can help you out. I have that option as well in my role. It is a night action, where you can choose to visit the opium den.

Ditto.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #414
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Well, this game is more complicated than I suspected. Then the opium dealer is probably in play? Anybody have any idea what he does? Maybe gets information on the player who visits?

I would say that all of us who have the option to visit the opium dealer know exactly what could result from it... and no one should say what that is or give a whole lot of info on it just yet.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #415
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I would say that all of us who have the option to visit the opium dealer know exactly what could result from it... and no one should say what that is or give a whole lot of info on it just yet.

I agree. There will be atime where this info, and well, all info is very useful. but I don't think right now is that time either.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #416
Fouts
College Starter

Sweet. I was right about multiple versions of my "role". Gonna be tough on the bad guys.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #417
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I agree. There will be atime where this info, and well, all info is very useful. but I don't think right now is that time either.
NTN, im sorry if you take this wrongly, but your comment feels very much like a latch on. Swaggs is only a little more trusted then you becuase of earlier comments. I tend to trust only the first person who reveals it, as with all this info flying around the bad guys are desperate to latch onto something. Your posts seems like such an attempt.

The same applies for those who agreed with fouts on his 5 shillings comment.
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #418
Blade6119
Coordinator

And ill dola to add that i expect quite a few kills quite soon...chief said before the game there would be mechanisms in place to speed up the game. Therefore, i expect 2 kills a night to not be all that rare.
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #419
Lorena
Unregistered

I'm at a loss as to when it's a good idea to reveal certain information and what dubb said kinda threw me for a loop. I mean exactly how much do we reveal?

I guess it's to one's own discretion.

*shrug*
Old 11-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #420
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
NTN, im sorry if you take this wrongly, but your comment feels very much like a latch on. Swaggs is only a little more trusted then you becuase of earlier comments. I tend to trust only the first person who reveals it, as with all this info flying around the bad guys are desperate to latch onto something. Your posts seems like such an attempt.

The same applies for those who agreed with fouts on his 5 shillings comment.

I do realize this Blade, but that doesn't mean I should not show my agreement with a point. I am still trying to digest all that happened in the last 7 hours.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:53 PM   #421
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I do realize this Blade, but that doesn't mean I should not show my agreement with a point. I am still trying to digest all that happened in the last 7 hours.
You should do whatever you think is wise..im just stating a fact that right now you are my top suspect becuase of your action
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #422
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have a question to throw out there. this Fagin...(not really read Oliver Twist) do you think that he is like the evil one's seer?
I am also wondering whether the Artful Dodger is a role or a job given out among the Orphans. If so we may see that role again.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:56 PM   #423
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
nice...you never help me last more than 2 days

That 37 dead villagers and counting tagline might have something to do with that......
Old 11-28-2006, 11:56 PM   #424
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I'm at a loss as to when it's a good idea to reveal certain information and what dubb said kinda threw me for a loop. I mean exactly how much do we reveal?

I guess it's to one's own discretion.

*shrug*

Information helps the good guys more than the bad guys. That is the way I've always played it. The more the group knows, the better it is for the good guys. I really don't think I said anything truely ground breaking.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #425
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh, you guys are good at filling up my Inbox.

Umm, if any of you make sly comments about that sentence, I will have Jack toss you in a human blender.

I am clearing it out now, and will respond to PMs both here and in my emails shortly.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #426
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Information helps the good guys more than the bad guys. That is the way I've always played it. The more the group knows, the better it is for the good guys. I really don't think I said anything truely ground breaking.

I agree, but only if its well timed. Maybe im confusing DC...i think information is great, if shared at a time where it does more harm to evil then good. While all this info today is great, its day one and it helped them just as much as us. By sharing this info we have made they list of targets at night shorter. Now, granted, they might worry about killing other bad players, but if i were them i would be quite satisfied with the info out there right now.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 12:00 AM   #427
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Blade, I am not one who likes to give up info willingly. Swaggs comment said basically that he did not want info leaked unneccesarily. Of Course I am going to agree with that. besides I said more than just be quiet about the Opium den. I said it wasn't time to share MOST of the info.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:01 AM   #428
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

GAME NOTE: So you are all are aware, the PM I could not send earlier to Izulde was his initial PM. You should not read into that as meaning he has a big or small role (he could have either or something in the middle). It means nothing--everyone got an initial PM.

Just to snap that in the bud.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #429
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I am not one who likes to give up info willingly. Swaggs comment said basically that he did not want info leaked unneccesarily. Of Course I am going to agree with that. besides I said more than just be quiet about the Opium den. I said it wasn't time to share MOST of the info.

I agree with this, and im saying pretty much the same thing in other posts...im just telling you what i felt about your post
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 AM   #430
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well if nothing else Blade, you got me to elucidate more clearly what iwas trying to say too. I still claim that what idid was not just latching on to what Swaggs said.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 AM   #431
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree, but only if its well timed. Maybe im confusing DC...i think information is great, if shared at a time where it does more harm to evil then good. While all this info today is great, its day one and it helped them just as much as us. By sharing this info we have made they list of targets at night shorter. Now, granted, they might worry about killing other bad players, but if i were them i would be quite satisfied with the info out there right now.

Yeah, it's confusing at times. I guess the more I play, the more I'll get a feel for what information should be leaked and whatnot.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 AM   #432
Blade6119
Coordinator

NTN, to be fair, being my top suspect on day 1 means nothing...i fully expect by the end of the night, when we find out who died and did what, i will have 20 more top suspects
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #433
path12
Coordinator

Did anyone try their day action?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #434
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, it's confusing at times. I guess the more I play, the more I'll get a feel for what information should be leaked and whatnot.

Playing as a bad guy more will help that as well..basically, ask yourself to think hard. Most positives of revealing are easy to see, but the negatives take thought. For all the trust fouts or dubb gained from me today, they also allowed the bad guys to cross players off their potential seer/bodyguard list...so its a double edged sword. Its tricky balancing giving info and playing close to your vest, but thats why its such a fun game. This is basically a big game of poker, and we all have our cards dealt to us. Now its all a matter of figuring out whos bluffing, how much you should hint at the pocket aces you were dealt, or how long you should hold onto the 2s in hopes of drawing out the guy bluffing for other players to take down.

Ok, now i just confused myself...
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 12:13 AM   #435
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

lol Blade. I imagine you are right. I know Ihave a couple of slim threads to pull at in the next couple of days.

I am wondering about Fagin though since it seems likely he is in the game. I am wondering if he kills and if so how. Although he was evil, was he ever considered a murderer? Bill Sikes was but idon't think Fagin was. I realize that probably doesn't help a whole lot and may be completely without merit. My first thoughts is that his killing might be a last resort type of thing if he can at all.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #436
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Playing as a bad guy more will help that as well..basically, ask yourself to think hard. Most positives of revealing are easy to see, but the negatives take thought. For all the trust fouts or dubb gained from me today, they also allowed the bad guys to cross players off their potential seer/bodyguard list...so its a double edged sword. Its tricky balancing giving info and playing close to your vest, but thats why its such a fun game. This is basically a big game of poker, and we all have our cards dealt to us. Now its all a matter of figuring out whos bluffing, how much you should hint at the pocket aces you were dealt, or how long you should hold onto the 2s in hopes of drawing out the guy bluffing for other players to take down.

Yeah, unfortunately for me, I've been bad once... even then it wasn't a true "wolf" role since I couldn't kill anyone.

Nah, your explanation makes sense.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #437
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
lol Blade. I imagine you are right. I know Ihave a couple of slim threads to pull at in the next couple of days.

I am wondering about Fagin though since it seems likely he is in the game. I am wondering if he kills and if so how. Although he was evil, was he ever considered a murderer? Bill Sikes was but idon't think Fagin was. I realize that probably doesn't help a whole lot and may be completely without merit. My first thoughts is that his killing might be a last resort type of thing if he can at all.

Wasn't there something in the rules about stealing? I wonder if that's what Fagin can do rather than kill.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #438
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

quiet so far. and i hafta confess...i don't really have a good read on anything. hopefully later here on weds. i'll be able to get a handle on what's going on!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:18 AM   #439
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Wasn't there something in the rules about stealing? I wonder if that's what Fagin can do rather than kill.

Yes Ithink it said something about the urchins stealling wallets. it does make it look possible that Fagin is a dark seer.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:21 AM   #440
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
quiet so far. and i hafta confess...i don't really have a good read on anything. hopefully later here on weds. i'll be able to get a handle on what's going on!

Hmmmm. I thought we got much more out of today than the usual day 1.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #441
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmmmm. I thought we got much more out of today than the usual day 1.

Yeah, me too. My spreadsheet is so nice and colorful from all the info I gathered
Old 11-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #442
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, me too. My spreadsheet is so nice and colorful from all the info I gathered

Spreadsheets? Ah, it's always touching to see another one of us go over the edge.....(I need to transfer my notepad info into mine!)
Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 AM   #443
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Spreadsheets? Ah, it's always touching to see another one of us go over the edge.....(I need to transfer my notepad info into mine!)

Yeah, it's mostly for votes though. There's no way I can go through some sort of document to find what I need, so creating filters in my spreadsheet facilitates narrowing down who voted for who.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:35 AM   #444
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that has never used notepad and/or a spreadsheet to help myself out in these games. I'm old school, I do things by memory and on the fly.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 AM   #445
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

does using a notepad count. i have used one of those when Iwas at home in games before...course that seems pretty neaderthalish now.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #446
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that has never used notepad and/or a spreadsheet to help myself out in these games. I'm old school, I do things by memory and on the fly.

I used to also but I'm old and kept forgetting things, especially after a 7 page in one hour burst. Plus sometimes I'm stoned.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #447
Lorena
Unregistered

Did someone say stoned? Yeah... I want some of that

Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 AM   #448
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If anyone is around, my inbox is pretty well whitewashed now. Should be plenty of room.

You can always use my emails as a backup, though, if it gets full again. I will be cleaning it out every night.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #449
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

I don't mind putting myself out there to give the seers another night to scan people. Hopefully, they know what they are doing.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:31 AM   #450
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Chief has foolishly stayed up too late. Night phase extended a half hour to 7:30 A.M. EST/4:30 A.M. PDT so he can sleep. Apologies.