Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #151
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathoner View Post
Agreed. If I were a wolf I certainly would try to become a judge early. It would kind of put you in the cat-bird seat so to speak. Assuming the mafia knows who each other is, they could then control the law and the criminal elements.

I totally disagree
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the logic of getting a judge in now seems solid to me as well, although I didn't play in the tombstone game so I don't really understand the pros and cons of it as well as some of you.

I think if there is some sort of "mason" role in the game that we'd want to get one of those people elected to the judgeship, so they can be slightly less "blind" in their actions.

I don't really have any idea yet of any potential vote, it's still very early in the process, there are plenty of people left to check in, and a whole day's worth of discussion to be had first before a vote, so i'm not going to throw a placeholder vote on someone for Day 1 just yet.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #153
Marathoner
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
this just illustrates my point that it is important to get someone in office now while we control the numbers.

But this would seem to support an arguement that the wolves should get in control early, (since it would be hard to remove them later on).
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #154
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
this just illustrates my point that it is important to get someone in office now while we control the numbers.

Just out of curiosity, the vote is private, but will the results be public? In other words, do we know if Alan will say

15 votes for player y
3 votes for player x

etc.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But this would seem to support an arguement that the wolves should get in control early, (since it would be hard to remove them later on).

it would be easy. Reading the rules a few times through I think it would be clear if we had a member of the mafia as a judge and that person would easily be exposed and removed from the game.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #156
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Actually in the last game it wasn't as much of an i'll do it...(at least not after the first day) It was a who do you trust idea.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #157
Marathoner
High School JV

Quote:
it would be easy. Reading the rules a few times through I think it would be clear if we had a member of the mafia as a judge and that person would easily be exposed and removed from the game.

I think the first couple of days, when everyone developing their trust list a corrupt judge could hide and protect his cronies. They probably would be exposed as the game went on and we got a better idea who was on which side.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #158
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

look at it this way.

there are 20 players in the game. Lets say there are a max of 4 bad guys including a sympathizer. That gives a 20% chance we elect a bad guy judge. Each day the odds increase and unless we lynch a bad guy they swing in their favor pretty heavily.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #159
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Just out of curiosity, the vote is private, but will the results be public? In other words, do we know if Alan will say

15 votes for player y
3 votes for player x

etc.

Yes the results will be publically posted. Just who voted for who will not be said.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think the first couple of days, when everyone developing their trust list a corrupt judge could hide and protect his cronies. They probably would be exposed as the game went on and we got a better idea who was on which side.

The second the judge starts rejecting warrents they would be voted out and lynched.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So does the judge have any extra security personel?

Can they hire any?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So does the judge have any extra security personel?

Can they hire any?

The judgeship does not come with any extra personal to guard them. There might be possibilities that they can purchase protection of various methods either through the means of items or service .

Also another thing that was asked that I should clarify. Your items (including money) that you have may be passed by you to another player at any time. Just simply send me a PM with what item(s) you wish to give to which player. Once submitted, those items are then owned by the new player.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #163
Tyrith
College Starter

This comes down to one thing to me. The question of "Who can I trust?" is really not answerable right now, unless someone has some magic source of information that is better used now than later. My guiding question is "Who can I trust to not do stupid crap and not totally screw us if they're bad?" This makes me weary of putting certain players into the judgeship. The judge having money seems like it wouldn't hurt, but since we can gift them money it's not a giant factor.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #164
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan, is there a salary that comes with being judge?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #165
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tyrith it sounds like you and I are on about the same page when it comes to deciding who to vote for. Do you have anyone that jumps out to mind as a good candidate? I think we'll need to start to forum a consensus by tomorrow morning if we're to get this done.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #166
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Tyrith it sounds like you and I are on about the same page when it comes to deciding who to vote for. Do you have anyone that jumps out to mind as a good candidate? I think we'll need to start to forum a consensus by tomorrow morning if we're to get this done.

I agree as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #167
Tyrith
College Starter

I've kind of started scaring myself about the bad things that can happen with most of the people on the list because I have that much respect for their skill

Anxiety would be a good choice if we're looking for someone who is almost certain to not fly apart. You would be too, BK, but you've been so central to this discussion I don't think you'd make a good choice. Path is also typically in control and active. If we want to go with someone new Marathoner and bsak both seem to have their heads screwed on right, IMO.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #168
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The second the judge starts rejecting warrents they would be voted out and lynched.

So all they have to do is go along with the detectives and everything will be alright? What's to prevent a judge in the mafia from following this plan?

If I was in the mafia that's how I'd play it. Try to become the judge, allow everything the detectives brought me, and buy everyone's trust.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #169
Tyrith
College Starter

Trust would be cheap for a judge. Seer scans and other abilities like that would eventually make sure we had a good judge. More than likely not too much would go wrong early.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #170
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, is there a salary that comes with being judge?

Not that publically has been stated.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #171
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
So all they have to do is go along with the detectives and everything will be alright? What's to prevent a judge in the mafia from following this plan?

If I was in the mafia that's how I'd play it. Try to become the judge, allow everything the detectives brought me, and buy everyone's trust.

then what difference would it make who we have in office early on. the important thing is that we have someone.

The more I think about it if there was a mafia judge they would actually expose 2 people by denying requests. Themselves and the person they are protecting.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #172
Barkeep49
Coordinator

But only one search and arrest warrant can be issued each day. So if the judge gets more than request, as we might very well have more than one detective, the judge will be able to protect someone without it seeming like they are doing so.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #173
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But only one search and arrest warrant can be issued each day. So if the judge gets more than request, as we might very well have more than one detective, the judge will be able to protect someone without it seeming like they are doing so.

I interpreted that as one per detective ( I may be wrong, after all I am not the board moderator) but even so that is 3 different actions that can be done.

I would imagine if a detectives requast is being denied he would be told if someone already selected that action and they have a chance to select another.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #174
Tyrith
College Starter

I have to say, what's the alternative right now? We either have to elect a judge or wait for someone to give us info. How long would we be willing to wait? Would we be willing to sacrifice a seer-type role, if need be, to elect a good judge? The answer to the last question is almost certainly no, so would you all be willing to wait three, four, or even more days to get a good judge? Either someone with a single clear type ability needs to spill, or we have to take our chances, I think.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #175
Swaggs
Coordinator

My take on the judge situation:

I think the judge will have a big target on his back. He gets an additional day action that will be detrimental to the mafia, so he will be a likely night target. I, personally, would not want to be the first judge, which leads me to my second thought...

If someone wants to run for judge, I think they should clearly declare themselves and then "campaign" so that we can choose a brave person that will do what he/she says they will do, with the penalty for acting against the group to be voted out of office. Also, this will keep someone from sneaking in the backdoor, since an unannounced candidate could sneak through with annonymous vote.

I also think we need to get a judge on the first day, so that we can take care of the judge's powers.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #176
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Another thing to consider: are the detectives immune from mafia influence? If we have a crooked cop and a crooked judge, is there any way for us to know?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #177
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

according to the rules it is one warrent per detective
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #178
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still trying to figure everything out but while we have the numbers in our favor I think that a judge should be selected. If someone wants to become judge we should just let them say why they should be judge. We are all smart enough individuals to separate the good from the bad. That is just my suggestion.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #179
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
according to the rules it is one warrent per detective
Right each detective can ask for one warrant.

The judge, however, can only issue 1 arrest, 1 search, and 1 sentence per day.

Swaggs: I've said I'm willing to be the Judge. I think I have a good track record at promoting transparency in the games, I'm not afraid to do the right thing, if the need arises, even if it'll get me killed, and I also happen to be a good guy so we wouldn't need to worry about that .
Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #180
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And I want to be judge since I think my role's pretty vanilla and I'd love to spice it up some.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #181
Blade6119
Coordinator

Alan, i ask again: Is there any way to earn money outside of what your role PM told you?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #182
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
what idea have you put forward other then voting you for sherif?

That i think cronin is evil based on his utter-obliviousness to there being day actions, id vote either LSG or i judge because we can prove our goodness(well, someone else can corroborate my story at least). I noted tyrith was defending cronin when he was brought up(another player said cronin seemed suspicious too). I was the first to volunteer for judge role, i was the first to annonce i had a day action, first to announce i had already used it, and i told you i was poor and not hoopsguy in my reasoning to elect me.

Please, tell me anyone who has given even half that amount of info. The only other person who has given any hint to their role i saw was lsg, when she stated she could prove her goodness as well.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #183
Blade6119
Coordinator

I am vehemently against cronin, tyrith, or barkeep being the judge. No one will care, but im still saying it
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Out of the self-nominated candidates I have seen listed up to this point (Blade, Anxiety, and Barkeep) I would strongly encourage people to go with Anxiety out of this group. I consider the other two players highly suspect and I have seen how those type of people tend to exercise their power.

If you want to be grabbing your ankles asking for another, vote Barkeep or Blade. If you want to have a fighting chance at respectable law and order, Anxiety is the only person who I would consider giving my vote out of those I've seen campaigning for it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #185
Barkeep49
Coordinator

hoops I'd love for you to justify that assertion with some actual examples.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #186
Tyrith
College Starter

Tombstone? :P
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #187
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I think I would make a good judge. I have pretty good availability and have shown a willingness in the past to do whats best for the village. Plus I have alot of expierience as a bad guy so I won't get played easily.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #188
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Well I think I would make a good judge. I have pretty good availability and have shown a willingness in the past to do whats best for the village. Plus I have alot of expierience as a bad guy so I won't get played easily.

You're also one of the top 2 or 3 wolf players on the board, so I'd rather not have you in the top seat. Causes too much trouble potentially.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Tombstone? :P
Yeah what did I do in tombstone? I mean sure I was a bad guy, but what really did I do? I got killed by my own team in order to build a CoT around them.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #190
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id be much happier with anxiety then barkeep, but as ive said id prefer myself
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #191
Tyrith
College Starter

Furthermore, I would also like to be the judge to be someone that isn't likely to get into any fights, and Anxiety serves that role pretty well. Barkeep would too, but I honestly think Barkeep has had too much of a hand in this decision making process.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #192
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, while i would be ok with anxiety im not thrilled with hoops.

If i had someone say my claims were true, would that ease any of your concerns about me?
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #193
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I love this trust for Anxiety who just went UTR as a wolf, who was only voted out for other considerations.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #194
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
hoops I'd love for you to justify that assertion with some actual examples.

I bet you would love for me to justify that assertion. It will all come out in time, yes it will. I'm sure we'll talk about it at length, but that time will not be tonight. I'm guessing we'll both be around on Day 2 to chat about this - the mobsters won't want to take out the kook in the watchtower, right?

I'll lay my cards out, but not all of them today. For now, I've said my piece.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
You're also one of the top 2 or 3 wolf players on the board, so I'd rather not have you in the top seat. Causes too much trouble potentially.

I would never make this play as a wolf, the tombstone game already illustrated why it would not work
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #196
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I love this trust for Anxiety who just went UTR as a wolf, who was only voted out for other considerations.

And why should we trust you? I can have someone corroborate my story, give me a reason why i should trust/vote for you
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #197
hoopsguy
General Manager

And it ain't so much that I trust Anxiety, but I DON'T TRUST YOU.

Or Blade6119.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #198
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anyhow it's clear I'm not meant to be judge and since we need one I will withdraw my name from consideration.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #199
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I bet you would love for me to justify that assertion. It will all come out in time, yes it will. I'm sure we'll talk about it at length, but that time will not be tonight. I'm guessing we'll both be around on Day 2 to chat about this - the mobsters won't want to take out the kook in the watchtower, right?

I'll lay my cards out, but not all of them today. For now, I've said my piece.
You've lost me. Kook in the watchtower?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #200
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
And it ain't so much that I trust Anxiety, but I DON'T TRUST YOU.

Or Blade6119.
Love you too hoops.