Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #451
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus FOR CONSUL

no one else on the list screams at me to be put in this spot for today, but there is one person I'll probally vote for this job tomorrow.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #452
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
VOTE Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus FOR CONSUL

no one else on the list screams at me to be put in this spot for today, but there is one person I'll probally vote for this job tomorrow.

Votes for Consul are every TWO days.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #453
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Votes for Consul are every TWO days.

they know what I mean
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #454
Lorena
Unregistered

I don't have a lot of tiem right now so I'll post some quick thoughts:

More often than not, Day 1 lynches have been against villagers so I'm leaning towards keeping CW alive until we find out what happens with the lawsuits later today.

As far as consul, I'm not sure who to go with. The only person I'm 100% sure about being loyal to the Republic is me so yeah, I'll throw my name in there. Just because I'm not active doesn't mean I shouldn't be considered. One of my strong points is that I listen to what people say; but at the same time that may be one of my weakest points so do with it what you will.

I'm always leary of people who vote and run with no explanations like LSG did. I mean heck, she didn't even choose the right person to execute!

That's it for now, I'll come by later and post some more. I need to update my spreadsheet to keep track of votes and all.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #455
hoopsguy
General Manager

So far there has been no word out there about services, other than a couple of people who have indicated that they were the people who obtained said service.

Also, I'm still very intrigued to see how the Tarq removal method comes into play. Given a single cycle, I expected to see someone die or offer up that their hired servant had prevented a murder.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #456
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm guessing that there will be a death or conversion attempt that happens at the 9pm deadline.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #457
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I don't think I'm getting much support on the Consul vote, so I will concede and switch to my other option:

UNVOTE GRAMMATICUS ATTICUS FOR CONSUL

VOTE HOOPUS GUYUS FOR CONSUL

Also, with the new evidence to support CW, I'm going to back off. I don't think the PM post clears CW, but it is more supportive than any lynch support:

UNVOTE COFFIUS WARLORDUS FOR LYNCH

I think it is bad not to lynch, but hopefully the bad guys will not be able to kill or have some difficulty in killing. Although I really think that goes against conventional wisdom.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #458
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So far there has been no word out there about services, other than a couple of people who have indicated that they were the people who obtained said service.

Also, I'm still very intrigued to see how the Tarq removal method comes into play. Given a single cycle, I expected to see someone die or offer up that their hired servant had prevented a murder.
I agree that they will make some sort of play at deadline. I mean they don't gain by sitting still either.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #459
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What else do you want to know this early in the day? I personally think that is too much for right now, and am a bit dissapointed at people who revealed such.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #460
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Having returned from his latest Toga party with a splitting hangover my character is very much suprised to be alive and kicking .... you lot are slipping

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 04-10-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #461
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
What else do you want to know this early in the day? I personally think that is too much for right now, and am a bit dissapointed at people who revealed such.

What do you think is the value in not saying anything? If we win you would still have the day to use whatever the service does. I suppose there is the possibility the Tarqs can kill at any point in the during the day. I think that mechanic has been used in the past.

I think it only helps the Republic to know what the services does as long as the bidding and winners are not public until the service is used.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #462
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Having returned from his latest Toga party with a splitting hangover my character is very much suprised to be alive and kicking .... you lot are slipping

no editing posts, n00b
also you get two votes for Consul

knives out
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #463
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I wanted to wait a little closer to deadline to post this, but a friend of mine is coming over, so my availability will be questionable starting in about an hour or so.

I did, in fact, hire Swaggs last night, to help me in my lawsuit. (As a side, I was informed that I can use him both for the treason defense AND the lawsuit). So, in all honesty, if there is a signifigant bonus to the lawyer's power if you are innocent (which dammit, I am), I was never exceptionally worried about getting axed. Obviously I'd rather not take the chance at all, but I think/hope the odds were high that I lived either way.

That said, I intentionally kept this info quiet to see how people lined up for/against me. I figure this knowledge would sway the vote quite a bit, so I planned on waiting till about an hour before deadline to say it. RL changed that a little, but whaddya gonna do.

So, there you go. I can field questions, if there are any, for the next short while.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #464
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
What do you think is the value in not saying anything? If we win you would still have the day to use whatever the service does. I suppose there is the possibility the Tarqs can kill at any point in the during the day. I think that mechanic has been used in the past.

I think it only helps the Republic to know what the services does as long as the bidding and winners are not public until the service is used.

So you would rather tell the traitors who has the services of bodyguards/etc so they don't have to guess as much? Instead of my suggestion from several times earlier that we inform everyone on what they do after its no longer in use?

I still am upset that some people chose to disclose they had bodyguards early on. If it was me, I would have tried to figure out some way to see if I could get someone to attack me and have a bodyguard protect me rather than just helping them know who to avoid.

I still stand by the thought that I like my plan the best, after the deadline, people can disclose information on the services they purchased, how they used it, what it did, etc. Just makes no sense giving the tarqs a roadmap for their efforts.

As for people asking when do we expect them to act against us? I already said yesterday that I expected them to not be able to kill since we had no access to services yesterday. Now today will be a different story, and since there is just one day phase, their kills (or whatever they do) will be during this same cycle we are working in. So this is an increased game of cat and mouse, where we need to pass information along to our side when it makes sense. For people with bodyguards, that means after they can't foil the bad guys any longer. I don't understand why suddenly you all are interested in having bodyguards announce their moves ahead of time.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #465
KWhit
Coordinator

Who are you suing again?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #466
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ironus. Same level of money as me, I figured I'd go for the Best Damn Lawyer and try and cash in.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #467
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Who are you suing again?

That was to CW.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #468
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I wanted to wait a little closer to deadline to post this, but a friend of mine is coming over, so my availability will be questionable starting in about an hour or so.

I did, in fact, hire Swaggs last night, to help me in my lawsuit. (As a side, I was informed that I can use him both for the treason defense AND the lawsuit). So, in all honesty, if there is a signifigant bonus to the lawyer's power if you are innocent (which dammit, I am), I was never exceptionally worried about getting axed. Obviously I'd rather not take the chance at all, but I think/hope the odds were high that I lived either way.

That said, I intentionally kept this info quiet to see how people lined up for/against me. I figure this knowledge would sway the vote quite a bit, so I planned on waiting till about an hour before deadline to say it. RL changed that a little, but whaddya gonna do.

So, there you go. I can field questions, if there are any, for the next short while.

Since you have more knowledge about how lawyers work, do you also have more information about how the lawsuits actually work? Were you required to provide any kind of information for your suit that you are using him for, or is it all done behind the scenes? (ie: you just hired the lawyer and the rest is done for you?)
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #469
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I get the impression it's all behind the scenes stuff. Basically I was told I successfully have his services for the day.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #470
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I get the impression it's all behind the scenes stuff. Basically I was told I successfully have his services for the day.

To clarify, there was nothing about how it all actually goes down.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #471
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So you would rather tell the traitors who has the services of bodyguards/etc so they don't have to guess as much? Instead of my suggestion from several times earlier that we inform everyone on what they do after its no longer in use?

I still am upset that some people chose to disclose they had bodyguards early on. If it was me, I would have tried to figure out some way to see if I could get someone to attack me and have a bodyguard protect me rather than just helping them know who to avoid.

I still stand by the thought that I like my plan the best, after the deadline, people can disclose information on the services they purchased, how they used it, what it did, etc. Just makes no sense giving the tarqs a roadmap for their efforts.

As for people asking when do we expect them to act against us? I already said yesterday that I expected them to not be able to kill since we had no access to services yesterday. Now today will be a different story, and since there is just one day phase, their kills (or whatever they do) will be during this same cycle we are working in. So this is an increased game of cat and mouse, where we need to pass information along to our side when it makes sense. For people with bodyguards, that means after they can't foil the bad guys any longer. I don't understand why suddenly you all are interested in having bodyguards announce their moves ahead of time.

I don't think it is a good idea to announce who you are guarding. At this point, maybe not even that you won. But just because you won someone and said they are a bodyguard, it does not mean you have to use it on yourself. I could win a bodyguard and apply it to you. The Tarqs would be wary of attacking me because they know I have a bodyguard and I would likely increase the chance of a block by applying it elsewhere.

Although if I won a bodyguard's services, I don't think I would tell anyone at this point in the game. I would be concerned that I might get killed before the end of cycle and not be able to use the BG. The biggest issue is not knowing how the mechanics will work out.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #472
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I don't think it is a good idea to announce who you are guarding. At this point, maybe not even that you won. But just because you won someone and said they are a bodyguard, it does not mean you have to use it on yourself. I could win a bodyguard and apply it to you. The Tarqs would be wary of attacking me because they know I have a bodyguard and I would likely increase the chance of a block by applying it elsewhere.

Although if I won a bodyguard's services, I don't think I would tell anyone at this point in the game. I would be concerned that I might get killed before the end of cycle and not be able to use the BG. The biggest issue is not knowing how the mechanics will work out.

I guess I'm in the minority because I really don't trust many people enough to know where to send a bodyguard other than myself.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #473
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I guess I'm in the minority because I really don't trust many people enough to know where to send a bodyguard other than myself.

Yeah, I can think of one or two decent options other than myself right now.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #474
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am so freaking confused.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #475
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Buddy's here. I'll try and check in, since we're not going out, but it's gonna be spotty.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #476
Ironhead
College Prospect

Well, if Coffee Warlord is good and he wins his suit against me then at least one of us will have more wealth to obtain services for the village. Granted, since I know for a fact that I am loyal to Rome I would rather have that wealth myself until I know where CW's loyalties are. And if I am really being inspected by the best lawyer hopefully that can help clear my loyalties in some way.

It is noteworthy that CW is in the second tier of wealth, so if anyone in the top tier had bid on the services of the best lawyer in Rome they would have beaten him. None of the three people in the top tier of wealth are pressing suit today so I don't think he is bluffing about winning the lawyer. However, if the three people in the top tier of wealth were good they still could have ensured the services of the lawyer for the village. Why did none of the three people in the top wealth tier bid on the best lawyer?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #477
Ironhead
College Prospect

Anyone have an updated count of the votes?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #478
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I came out right away saying what mine was.

You're worrying me by making broad generalizations. First, with me and CW, now with this.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #479
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I have a second consul vote remaining, and since it probably doesn't matter at this point, I will

vote Narcizo for Consul

He seems to be doing a pretty good job of thinking things through.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #480
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Anyone have an updated count of the votes?

This is what i have right now:

Consul:

(14) Kwhit - Sndvls (283), Ardent (327), Coffee Warlord (359), Narcizo (363), Anxiety (374), Tyrith (375), Bulletsponge (395), Imthecrew (412), Chief Rum (423), Peregrine (424), Lonestargirl (431), Swaggs (439), Kwhit (448), Barkeep 450)
(9) Barkeep - Barkeep (285), Grammaticus (400), Ardent (408), Imthecrew (412), Saldana (416), Narcizo (429), Tyrith (434), Kwhit (448), Sndvls (451)
(3) Hoopsguy - Neon_chaos (427), Grammaticus (456), Marc Vaughan (460)
(2) Autumn - Swaggs (366), Coffee Warlord (417)
(2) Narcizo - Chief Rum (423), Peregrine (479)
(1) Dodgerchick - Alan T (333)
(1) Chief Rum - Anxiety (370)
(1) Peregrine - Neon_chaos (428)
(1) Swaggs - Alan T (442)

prisoner vote:

(5) Throw CW off rock - Barkeep (285), Narcizo (298), Anxiety (370), DaddyTorgo (393), Saldana (416)

Lawsuits:

Chief rum sues Lonestargirl
Narcizo sues Peregrine
Neon_Chaos sues Anxiety, Antmeister, Autumn, Barkeep, Path, Peregrine, Sndvls
Alan T sues Chief Rum, Barkeep
Kwhit sues Chief Rum, DaddyTorgo, Hoopsguy, Narcizo, Neon_Chaos, Tyrith
Imthecrew sues Bulletsponge, Alan T
Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #481
st.cronin
General Manager

I think I need to repost this because almost everybody so far has bid for services that were available YESTERDAY:

Persons selling their services in the Forum

Maximus Maximus, ex-legionnaire
Vitus Avidus, ex-legionnaire
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves
Macro Gothicus, barbarian turned citizen for his service during wartime
Balbus Senna, political philosopher from Corsica
Faustus Felix, owner of many horses
Bonus Oceanus, owner of many horses

and of course,

Swaggus Swaggus
Ardentus Enthusiastus

Some of them are the same as yesterday, some of them are not.

knives out
Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #482
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bid often for my services!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #483
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, here goes:

Vote Hoopus Guyus to Consul

Vote Kayus Whitus to Consul

Vote Coffeus Yakus Warlordus innocent
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #484
path12
Coordinator

Sorry, I've been gone all day unexpectedly. Catching up.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #485
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Heading out to drive to the hospital. Not sure if I'll be back before deadline, so placing in my orders to arrest for tonight now. Had waited to see who voted for whom and when and most importantly why today before making my decision. I'll be back after deadline to once again give my reasons, but this time no longer as Consul.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #486
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
The attention thing and the quiet thing are related concerns. When we get so much focus on a single player, making them the center of a lot of what's going on -- especially in a game this size -- it casts a shadow for the quiet players to hide in. It doesn't as much alarm me about YOUR allegiance as much as concern me about the general game situation and our ability to effectively pick targets.

I think this is a very good point. We should follow lots of leads and ideas rather than risking excessive focus and time on a red herring.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #487
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Well, at 4PM (CST) I didn't feel like we were that early in the day. I don't understand what the delivery mechanism is, given that I didn't succeed in my bid. Do they go into effect for the duration of the following day? For an instant in time as we transition from one day to the next?

If they have exercised a service, I would be interested in knowing if they learned something from the experience, at the very least. Because I'm struggling at the moment without a firm grounding of rules to work with as I make decisions on voting. I don't know if the Tarqs can kill or not kill. I don't know what kind of information is available with the roles.

If it is better that I don't have this information because it leaves our opponents in the dark as well then I'm fine with that reasoning. I'm concerned, however, that they have more information than we do right now and are making more informed decisions.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #488
Lorena
Unregistered

I feel kind of bad because I can't give this game the time it deserves with so much going on IRL, but now that I'm here, I'll do what I feel is best for the Republic.

Vote Dodgerchick for counsel
Vote Kwhit for counsel
Vote Coffee Warlord innocent

I'm voting for myself because well, I'm the only person I trust at this point.

Kwhit has been pretty out there and I doubt a wolf would be THAT bold, so why the heck not?

I gave reasons why I'm voting for Coffee Warlord's innocence earlier and I'm sticking by it.

I guess that's it for now, I'm about to go to bed and will check the thread a little at a time from work. I'm looking forward to what happens with all the lawsuits.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #489
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, you are correct. I apologize for not indicating that you were forthcoming with information. One of the rare times I've had to catch up on 200 or so posts because I was out most of the day and I missed it.

I'm going to vote CW innocent at this point in time - given the point in the day where I'm voting realistically it is a low-value vote for either side. As far as representation, I would like to see a little more competition for those spots if there is time. I haven't gotten a great trust vibe off of Barkeep so far this game.

VOTE WARLORD INNOCENT
VOTE CONSULS HOOPSGUY AND DODGERCHICK
Old 04-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #490
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

is warlord still in any danger? i'll unvote him if necessary, but I don't want to just bandwagon onto that for the sake of bandwagoning. I stand by vote at the time it was made during the day.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #491
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Ardent, you are correct. I apologize for not indicating that you were forthcoming with information. One of the rare times I've had to catch up on 200 or so posts because I was out most of the day and I missed it.

I'm going to vote CW innocent at this point in time - given the point in the day where I'm voting realistically it is a low-value vote for either side. As far as representation, I would like to see a little more competition for those spots if there is time. I haven't gotten a great trust vibe off of Barkeep so far this game.

VOTE WARLORD INNOCENT
VOTE CONSULS HOOPSGUY AND DODGERCHICK
Very well, I'll grant you leniency. I do recall you being in the temple all day.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #492
saldana
Pro Starter

its too bad swaggus isnt here to confirm the story of coffeeus yakus, but it doesnt appear that it is going to make a difference. although i still feel we need to lynch someone in order just to understand the mechanics at work here, i am ok with CYW being spared

unvote execute yakus

vote coffeeus warlordus for Consul
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #493
path12
Coordinator

It's such a stab in the dark until the mechanics become more clear. So, the folks I've liked today:

VOTE DODGUS ERCHICKUS CONSUL
. I do like the reasoning of the wealthier having a better chance to hire protection.

Also, VOTE BARKEEPUS VALERIUS FORTYNINEUS CONSUL. I trust him to consider matters carefully.

Also, I can't see the lynch value early in this particular game:
VOTE COFFEUS YAKUS WARLORDUS INNOCENT

I am quite interested to see how the lawsuits work out. I have held back on suing until that was more clear, and I didn't have a valid case to sue anyone for.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #494
Ironhead
College Prospect

VOTE CONSUL KWHIT & NEON CHAOS
VOTE COFFEE MONKEY INNOCENT

I feel alright about placing KWhit in power right now for many of the reasons brought up previously: his early aggressive play would be bold even for a wolf, because I doubt even the wolves know how the lawsuit system works yet. The fact that he is willing to throw so many out there in the first two days gives me some reassurance. I don't have any particular insight into Neon Chaos aside from the fact that he seems to be suing some of the people that I have some slight suspicions of right now, and abstaining or voting for myself does no one any good.

Coffee Monkey could easily be bad and I am not convinced one way or another of his guilt or innocence as no info is out there. At this point I am willing to let him live in the hopes that his suit against me provides some insight into how lawsuits work, and also provides evidence of my loyalty to Rome.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #495
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
no editing posts, n00b
also you get two votes for Consul

Ok also ..

Vote Dodgerchick for counsel

(on the basis that anyone confident enough to vote for themselves has to be ok in by book )
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #496
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

(or VOTE DODGUS ERCHICKUS CONSUL if you prefer)
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #497
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I am quite interested to see how the lawsuits work out.

Yeah. Me too.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #498
Antmeister
Pro Starter

It is my hope that these senators help to root out the evil that still resides among us.
Vote Grammaticus for Consul
Vote
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus for Consul
Because one of the Consul was missing, I deem it unfair that he sees his demise without the same fairness that others will receive when it comes to having chances.
Vote Coffeus Yakus Warlordus Innocent

For this senator to attempt to drag my good name in the filth of pigs, I shall counter sue him to hopefully learn if he has evil intentions in his heart.
Antus Meisterus sues Neonus Chaosus
Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #499
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Swaggus couldn't confirm the lawsuit if he wanted to.

It'd be pretty sweet, but I'm sure even if that friggin cronin told us, he'd swear us to something stupid like a client confidentiality thing.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #500
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm sueing to find out who I represent.