Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #51
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i have a better idea...how about we all turn our universal translators on, and everyone posts in English?

Noofi ghana for-pa, Caitians. Theyna impru a-tuni.

"Too much thinking for Caitians. They're brains are puny"

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

strangely enough...i think RendeR is likely innocent. Otherwise being as...out-there as he is would really be a gutsy play for an alien. So I don't think my random-D1 vote will be on him.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
No trading characters

I should have said no swapping characters. As it is, it sorta of reads like I'm banning merchants.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Busy day for me with work, taxes, etc. I doubt I'll be around a ton today (or tommorrow for that matter). Since its day 1 with no day 0 and no one knows anything about anyone I'll pick my day 1 with as much limited ability I have.

Vote DaddyTorgo

For the whole idea that only bad guys know who are bad vs good to start, and making a statement that they think someone is innocent or guilty for trying to get into character smells a whole lot like a bad guy knowing a good guy is good so stating as much with flimsy evidence. (which is about as absurd as this vote is, but alas its day 1!)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think he's innocent cuz if he's not he's drawing an awful lot of attention to himself for D1 of a very small game
Old 04-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #56
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

using random.org i got....

VOTE SALDANA
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #57
hoopsguy
General Manager

My preference would be to avoid voting for either RendeR or Sami since it is Day 1 of their first game and that just seems impolite. But in a small game I don't think I can extend courtesy past one day, and obviously reserve the right to vote for them today if they do something that registers as suspicious.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #58
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Noofi ghana for-pa, Caitians. Theyna impru a-tuni.

"Too much thinking for Caitians. They're brains are puny"

my claws are not. a fact you may become intimately familiar with should you chose in insult me again
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #59
saldana
Pro Starter

and since he voted for me, i will simply return the favor in day one fashion

vote imthecrew
Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #60
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Like Jesse in Saved By The Bell, there's just not enough time for me to offer reasoned thinking and voting right now (thank you, Rome).

I'm afriad I'm going to have to drop the stereotypical suspicious, random Day One dreiveby vote.

So, I'll VOTE HOOPSGUY

It's not natural for humans to not be emotional.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #61
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Whosa choda himdo, soo khama-Vulca?

Who you are alien calling an "alien", Puny-Vulcan?

I was merely stating that the presence of the aliens in Starfleet Command means that they intend to cause harm to the Federation and Starfleet itself. No one can be trusted, not even you. You would be wise not to jump to conclusions, Nausicaan.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #62
samifan24
Pro Starter

I will vote Tyrith because logic dictates it. An alien is unlikely to infiltrate Starfleet Command with a human host since Captain Picard and others already detected their presence once. If the aliens are logical, they would use a different species, like an Edosian, for example.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

Five votes collected so far, for five different individuals. This is clearly not the way to build consensus.

I would offer that the way to extract the most value from our votes is to identify two candidates to run off against each other. Our hope is that we are able to collect at least one enemy in that list of two people. Then have people cast their votes between those two individuals. It may not result in success today, but has a greater percentage of producing meaningful results than randomly voting for unique individuals - nine votes for seven people, for example.

I realize in presenting this plan that I may be one of the two candidates determined by the group. So be it - if I am to die I would prefer it be a death imbued with meaning rather than God playing dice.

I'll hold off on my vote for now to see if there is further discussion on this topic. I don't think I'm encouraging free thinking among our group if I both suggest a plan of attack and the two candidates. We have a collective decision to make today, so hopefully all are willing to participate.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #64
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
and since he voted for me, i will simply return the favor in day one fashion

vote imthecrew

HOTA!! Non-Greitu ma Verchenko!! HOTA! HOTA-AH!

COWARD!! How dare you insult she-who-is-beyond-suspicion, The Admiral: Verchenko is above such malice, I will rip your fluka out through your air-holes pussy-cat, if you ever say such things again! Coward! Coward-Scum!

Vote Saldana

Old 04-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #65
RendeR
Coordinator

DOLA: Just for clarity for those not familiar with naussicans, they are a race of warriors, more adept at starting fights than carrying on conversations. They pride themselves on bettering others through insult, which they hope, might lead to physical conflict. They are very quick to anger and very arrogant.

Last edited by RendeR : 04-16-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #66
samifan24
Pro Starter

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Nausicaan
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #67
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guys, if push comes to shove I'll put out a pseudo-random vote. However, I do not feel that serves us best in the long run when it comes to identifying and eliminating our common foe. Up to this point I have seen no comments acknowledging my proposed plan - either agreeing with the merits or refuting my logic.

So - how should we proceed?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #68
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Guys, if push comes to shove I'll put out a pseudo-random vote. However, I do not feel that serves us best in the long run when it comes to identifying and eliminating our common foe. Up to this point I have seen no comments acknowledging my proposed plan - either agreeing with the merits or refuting my logic.

So - how should we proceed?

Your plan sounds good. Saldana has 2 votes right now, so just vote for one of the others who has a vote already and its 2-2 tie. Of course you'll be seen as trying to save Saldana if he is bad, but hey thats the fun of day 1.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #69
saldana
Pro Starter

out of self preservation at this point
unvote imthecrew
vote daddy torgo

and naussican, perhaps you should rethink who your threats are levied against, as i am far from afraid of you....continue to push me, and slightly aged i may be, i will defend my honor.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #70
Tyrith
College Starter

I'll start a race. Because I don't believe in preparing ahead of time, I've only now read this thread. However, it seems like we're having the typical day 1 problem. Screw that! It's not going to get us anywhere. Even if this gets me killed tomorrow, it is to the betterment of the entire Federation if someone makes a stand here -- and I have THREE WHOLE LEGS to stand on!

Saldana amuses me more than DT, so I'll take his side for now.

VOTE DT
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #71
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oyyy. Just from what I see, that's 3 on me. Lemme go back and read, but it appears my vote will be self-preservation

oh...and if I die...f-you all very much for D1 killing me in a theme game that I am so passionate about. I am quite possibly the board's biggest Trekker.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE SALDANA

self-preservation only
Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #73
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyT - I think there are a few big Star Trek fans in this game so I can't really let that enter my thinking. Have to get a vote in before leaving work this evening so I'm going to do a quick review of posts between you guys and make a decision.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #74
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh I know. And honestly I have no fear of dying. I'm just a plain vanilla villager. But i'd look at the pile on me, you're sure to get one wolf in there (prolly in votes 2-4), and likely one avoiding me as well.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #75
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyTorgo, beyond your obvious affection for your livelihood, do you have a compelling reason why we would not investigate you this evening instead of Saldana? I'm not going to have the opportunity to be here at the deadline to change my vote, so I'll ask now.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #76
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm out of time. No idea if this is the right vote or not, but I'm not willing to risk losing a key role instead of a "vanilla villager", whatever that means in Star Trek terms.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 04-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #77
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oh...and if I die...f-you all very much for D1 killing me in a theme game that I am so passionate about. I am quite possibly the board's biggest Trekker.

this is kind of funny to me, considering i also am a huge trekker....how many conventions have you been too?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #78
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this is kind of funny to me, considering i also am a huge trekker....how many conventions have you been too?

conventions...hmmm...3-4 I think? I've got all of TNG+DS9 on dvd, I have autographed pictures of all of the crews (yes...nimoy+shatner included) up until the Enterprise crew.

I'm all bout the Trek man.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #79
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you have a point though hoops. Off me...it's fine. Just make sure that you all look at who voted for me, like I said. somewhere in there (prolly votes 2-4) is a wolf, and your other wolf likely laid off me.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #80
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
conventions...hmmm...3-4 I think? I've got all of TNG+DS9 on dvd, I have autographed pictures of all of the crews (yes...nimoy+shatner included) up until the Enterprise crew.

I'm all bout the Trek man.

ok, i only have takei and koenig from tos...when i saw deforest kelley, his hands were to arthritic to sign...and only 2 cons, so i guess you win this round of dork wars
Old 04-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #81
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ok, i only have takei and koenig from tos...when i saw deforest kelley, his hands were to arthritic to sign...and only 2 cons, so i guess you win this round of dork wars

actually I don't have anyone beyond nimoy+shatner from TOS. but I have everyone from TNG+DS9+VOY

not all obtained AT cons of course
I used to have a pair of klingon mek'leths but I lost them somewhere.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #82
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

double-dola

good look Starfleet!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow

look=luck
Old 04-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Im in the middle of a 35 minute fire alarm here in my res halls. I'm in my office with a few minutes to post this. The Day has ended, obviously, and i'll run it in a little bit when I get a chance. meanwhile, i will be accepting night actions from all roles.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The day seems to drag on for many hours longer than a standard Earth day. You gather about as the powers that be.

The first item to be discussed is whether or not you can tell if the aliens are in their hosts. According to data in the secret files from when the Federation first encountered these creatures, they have appendages which stick out from the necks of their victims. Some believe this is so they can breathe although this was never confirmed.

The first thing you do is check the backs of each of your necks. Unfortunately, no one has any visible signs of additional aliens in them.

It appears that these creature have adapted. Time is running out. You don’t have much time. Initial medical scans appear to be inconclusive.

Then one of you points out the obvious way to determine if someone is to kill them. The alien will then leave the host. It seems a bit grim, but then you note additional acts of sabotage were committed during the day before this hearing convened. How many more lives will die because you didn’t have the stomach to do what needed to be done?

You each grab a phaser and begin to vote.

Your eyes eventually rest of Roger Marinelli. He sees the combined look of commitment in your eyes and realizes his impending death. Within seconds, he dies as several combined beams of energy tear into his body.

Unfortunately, no aliens emerge from his remains. He was apparently aligned with the Federation.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Day One has ended. Night one has begun and will end at 2:00 am EST Tuesday morning.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #87
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bah. GO TEAM STARFLEET!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #88
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

WOW, sorry DT
Old 04-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #89
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Allright ill be looking at who voted for DT

Saldana (#69)
HoopsGuy (#76)
Tyrith (#70)
Alan T(#54)
Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #90
hoopsguy
General Manager

That works great if we were lucky enough to have a creature vs. Starfleet showdown today, ImTheCrew.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #91
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
That works great if we were lucky enough to have a creature vs. Starfleet showdown today, ImTheCrew.

however, seeing as today was, as so many day ones are, a starfleet vs starfleet showdown, i am thinking about the people that left their votes on the spurious candidates for my vote tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #92
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
however, seeing as today was, as so many day ones are, a starfleet vs starfleet showdown, i am thinking about the people that left their votes on the spurious candidates for my vote tomorrow.

I was thinking something similar, but not entirely the same.

Daddytorgo - Alan, saldana, Tyrith, hoopsguy
Saldana - Imthecrew, render, Daddytorgo
Hoopsguy - chief
Tyrith - samifan

Im thinking odds are we had 1 wolf on DaddyTorgo and 1 wolf not. For now I'll assume your vote was entirely self preservation Saldana, so that makes group #1 suspicious to me: Tyrith, Hoopsguy, and then Group #2 suspicious to me: Imthecrew, Render, Chief and Samifan.

Out of group 2, I know Chief left before anything really developed, Render and Samifan are in their first games so leaning towards Imthecrew there. In group #1, I am giving the edge to Hoops who kept talking about creating a race and trying to egg someone else to do so when he had the opportunity to himself (ie: put his action where his words were), but chose not to until later after others had made the move.

Of course, I'll likely completely change my mind again by the morning.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #93
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, let's see what the night brings before going too far down this path. For now, I accept responsibility for what turned out to be a bad vote today.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before the night shift is over, you get a chirp over the communication system. It doesn’t wake you. You were unable to sleep.

A communications officer tells you that something went wrong on a Holodeck. You gather yourself up and head over to the Holodeck.

You find that one of your members, Xinem, was running a program designed to relieve his stress where he balances carefully on spires of granite and feldspar that loom hundreds of meters into the air. This is considered meditation for the Edosians.

However, someone with a security code managed to remove the safety protocols from the holodeck and then added gale force winds to the simulation. Thus, when the winds hit Xinem, they sent his body crashing into the walls of the holodeck and killed him on impact. Edosian bodies are not meant for such stress.

Tyrith has died. He was affiliated with the Federation.

Night One has ended. Day Two has begun and will end at 9 pm EST Tuesday evening.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #95
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
actually I don't have anyone beyond nimoy+shatner from TOS. but I have everyone from TNG+DS9+VOY

not all obtained AT cons of course
I used to have a pair of klingon mek'leths but I lost them somewhere.

Am I the only one who read the bolded line and immediately pictured a scenario involving a pen in one hand and a gun in the other at some Star Trek star's front door?
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 AM   #96
saldana
Pro Starter

alan....i also thought hoops was a little odd yesterday in calling for a runoff and then not voting himself until later. also the fact that i am alive today makes me highly suspicious of him

my next thought went to samifan....he is the perfect wolf right now...none of us would vote for him yesterday because it is his first game, but we really dont have the luxury of letting him be UTR for long in this, or we will all be dead. a toss in vote on a 3rd party and very few posts (yes i realize that everyone has very few posts in this game) are everything a UTR wolf could ask for....if he is teamed up with a vet wolf like hoops or you, he is very dangerous.

last suspect is imthecrew, for the simple reason that render is playing his role very very well, and has been from GO. ITC knows that render will follow him where ever he goes, so for him to "randomly" start a run on me yesterday pretty much guaranteed it would be 2 votes on me.

all that said, i think i am going with samifan today.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:38 AM   #97
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, in asking for a runoff I was giving people the opportunity to put me in it. I didn't think it was right for me to suggest the plan and then determine the candidates - just doesn't seem like much of a team approach. I wasn't trying to grab the game by the throat and dictate terms.

There also was an issue with time on the site - I wasn't around all that much in the late afternoon/early evening.

I appreciate that people are asking questions about this because it indicates they are trying to make sense of the events that we've seen so far. I would ask that you try to be equally critical of others among us, because you aren't going to find any alien presence in me.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 AM   #98
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Am I the only one who read the bolded line and immediately pictured a scenario involving a pen in one hand and a gun in the other at some Star Trek star's front door?

reputable autograph dealers actually. and i would never hold a gun to one of the Trek actors. They meant too much to my teenage years. Hell my friend and I used to have hours-long discussions about the state of the franchise and ways to fix it (particularly in the middle-to-late Voyager years).

Hell, I still am pissed @ Berman for pushing Piller out. As much as Berman was GR's heir-apparent, Piller had all the greatest ideas.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #99
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

not to mention (in 7th grade) the fact that we covered the floor of his parent's living room with lego-creations and created a whole ST-universe with ships (he had ds9 but i had the enterprise...built entirely of legos) and immersed ourselves in that...4-5 hours a day for months and months on end

yeahhh...i'm a confirmed trek-geek
Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #100
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
dola

not to mention (in 7th grade) the fact that we covered the floor of his parent's living room with lego-creations and created a whole ST-universe with ships (he had ds9 but i had the enterprise...built entirely of legos) and immersed ourselves in that...4-5 hours a day for months and months on end

yeahhh...i'm a confirmed trek-geek

All the actual Star Trek geeks are getting killed before everyone else
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote